New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default help finding a movie from my childhood

so when i was 5 or 6 my sister got a movie for Christmas. i think my parents got it for her but i can't remember. the movie was animated. i looked animeish but back then i did not know what anime was. the disc was also scratched to hell so we never saw the end. from what i can remember the movie started with our main character(a young girl, she kindof looks like arrietty crossed with the little sister from my neighbor totoro) being a horrible person to her pushover mother. her mother gets mad and then reads her a story. the mother and girl fall asleep and then a fairy os something shrinks the girl to about the size of a mouse. the fairy tells her to go to the west i think to find the cure. she also gives her shoes that let her run fast. but the shoes are only supposed to be used just to help people. the fairy leaves and then the girl finds west and uses the shoes. she then encounters a sugar fairy they fight a bit and are spied on by a group of frogs looking to marry the girl to there son. i can't remember what happens next but latter the frogs capture her and try feeding her grapes or berries that will turn her into a frog. she learns this by feeding them to an animal and then fakes having eaten all but one to trick them into lettering her out and escape. then she finds the sugar fairy who at some point had been dropped in water and slitty dissolved. i have another big gape in memory and then she finds some dwarves and mushrooms and that is the farthest we ever got in the movie.

if someone knowns what movie this is please tell me it has been bugging me for years now.
    Last edited by Amdy_vill; 2018-05-27 at 08:21 PM.
    Have you accepted the Flying Spaghetti Monster as your Lord and Savior? If so, add this to your signature!
    Beholders are just a meatball that fell out of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    my first game started on a pirate ship
    Sorry for any spelling mistake

2. - Top - End - #2

MindFlayer

Default Re: help finding a movie from my childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Amdy_vill View Post
    so when i was 5 or 6 my sister got a movie for Christmas.
    I don't recognize the movie, but that would have been what, about 2007? Based on your profile.

3. - Top - End - #3

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    I don't recognize the movie, but that would have been what, about 2007? Based on your profile.
    yes around there would be right
    Have you accepted the Flying Spaghetti Monster as your Lord and Savior? If so, add this to your signature!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #4

And if the disc was as worn and damaged as you say, it is likely at least a few years older than that.

5. - Top - End - #5

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    And if the disc was as worn and damaged as you say, it is likely at least a few years older than that.
    that would make sense

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

This sounds like it might be the 80 minute North American film cut of the anime series Thumbelina: A Magical Story (Oyayubi Hime Monogatari.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thum..._Magical_Story
    Last edited by gomipile; 2018-05-29 at 07:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gomipile View Post
    This sounds like it might be the 80 minute North American film cut of the anime series Thumbelina: A Magical Story (Oyayubi Hime Monogatari.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thum..._Magical_Story
    yes this is it thank you vary much