New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XV: You Must Be THIS Tall To Witness The Grimdark

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So out of curiosity, I went looking for real-world comparisons. A modern Virginia-class submarine has a length of 115m, and a Mk-48 torpedo is 5.8m long. So real-world submarines carry torpedos that are roughly 5% of their hull length, or 1/20. That would equate to a 75m long space torpedo, if we assume a 1.5km hull and linear scaling. Not at all factual or canonical, but as far as napkin math goes it might be useful.
    Also comes in pretty close to the 200 ft (61 m) length cited above. (I think torpedo goes plural like potato: with an "es", not just an "s" - torpedoes)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XV: You Must Be THIS Tall To Witness The Grimdark

Standard Imperial torpedoes don't have a warhead in the conventional sense, instead the plasma drive is the warhead. It spends the entire trip to the enemy ship winding the plasma engines up to a catastrophic overload, which it detonates when close enough to the target (like regular missiles, they don't need to score a direct hit to do damage).

As for their size, this is the classic picture of one being loaded into a tube:
    Spoiler: HEAVE! HEAVE!
    Show
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

I love that image. Nothing quite like seeing chain gangs loading a passenger jet sized missile into a tube through brute force to drive home the theme of life is cheap and size is ridiculous.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Not to mention the missile being decorated like the top of a cathedral spire.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

I've recently been on a Warhammer binge. Which means mostly reading a lot of the wiki and watching a lot of Luetin's videos.

Oh yeah, and I've read all of the Ciaphas Cain novels, save for the last one. I get the distinct impression that there's just too much humor in there for WH40K, but damn if I don't love it anyway

I get the feeling you guys are few levels above my level of knowledge, but I think I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway.

Soooo yeah... have they found the solution to the problems with The Golden Throne yet?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Banned

Was it going to be fixed by the DE, or a I hallucinating again?

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

They haven't fixed it, no.

Fifty pages! New thread?

Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XVI: Where the ordnance is hand-delivered.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post

Fifty pages! New thread?

That's a good one.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Oh yeah, and I've read all of the Ciaphas Cain novels, save for the last one. I get the distinct impression that there's just too much humor in there for WH40K, but damn if I don't love it anyway
    There is the perfect amount of humour in those for 40k.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post

Fifty pages! New thread?

That's great!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Was it going to be fixed by the DE, or a I hallucinating again?
    The Mechanicus definitely made a deal with some Dark Eldar Haemonculi for help in fixing it. No word as to what they offered in return, except that it was likley terrible.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground