New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lysindra's Legions (IC)

"Dibella, dear, you will not need to do anything. He will be taken to the temple for questioning... and he will be coming willingly, to make this defeat as insulting as it can be for them. That is my revenge for taking you, and you know me, I am willing to go to great lengths to achieve victory," Kara answers in Elvish. She then turns to Regtor, smiling to him. "Dibella is unused to service, but I can assure you, Master, I will make your victory as fulfilling as it can be..." Soon, he will be hypnotized and willing in record time, the complex and Kotepians looted, he will tell her and Elinon everything he knows, and then he will willingly start to discover what true freedom feels, not needing to look over his shoulder... as a Lysindran, doing penance for his past behavior.

(We can skip that whole scene if you want, but Kara is planning to basically hypnotize and convert him, then will pray to Lysindra to call Elinon and request extraction)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

(Revised scene)

It seems Kara's ambitions will need to take a back seat. It is easy to forget that most people are not as used to extreme circumstances. And Dibella has a point. The Kotepian did horrible things.

Kara smiles apologetically to Dibella. "You are right, I'm sorry. I'm too used to doing things my way, even when others are around."

Kara turns to Regtor, smiling to him. "Please lead the way, Master..." And once Regtor turns around, lights suddenly go out for him, immediately knocked unconscious by Kara. "I'll take him in for questioning, and then for penance."

The gish loots the Kotepians and the base after praying to Lysindra to tell Elinon that she is successful and requests extraction for herself, Dibella, and a prisoner.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Naturally, the extraction team is lead by Kara's beau, and they arrive in record time, obviously Elinon and the temple were waiting for word about her and Dibella. When they make it back to the temple, Regtor is taken away for questioning, Dibella is taken for counselling and Kara is left to celebrate and sort out her gains. Seeing as most of the wizards were members of the coven and those types seem to never have loot, its sparse but there are a few good items.
    The next day, Elinon sends for Kara. Regtor has been assigned penance, his attack on Koran already severed his connection to Kotep, but he still has to pay for crimes committed in his name. But in agreement to lower his sentence, he volunteered what information he does know. As we suspected, the coven is a subset of Kotep wizards and clerics, its not all of the Kotepians, and joining it is voluntary, although lucrative. Its also a conscious decision, there isn't some sort of mystical qualification. The only other thing he can tell us is that it requires foregoing any sort of monetary gain, any treasure and especially any magic are sacrificed to the deity and unlike most "sacrifices" where the temple takes the offering and uses it for whatever and grants the blessing of the god in return, this sacrifice is ritualized, and the offered gold literally disappears while the items get destroyed, broken apart on the offering table, drained of magic. Its not much, but its a start, and explains why your ring reacts to some but not others.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

When Kara returns to the temple and has a moment of rest, she is overcome by an odd feeling. An epiphany, making her laugh with joy. She heads over to see Dibella after the elf is done with her counseling for the day, kissing her, taking away the pain of what she went through, and sharing love with her unlike they ever did before. Alveron, too, finds a surprise once he turns in for the night, in the form of a larger Kara, luring him, and giving him even more unforgettable memories.

Kara arrives at Elinon's place in a great mood the next day. "I will never not find it funny how gold is tied to magic potency in this world," she says, stretching, still wearing little more than a morning robe, as she is wont to do. "When will I begin my next mission?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kara is leveled up and she has taken the Storied level of Exaggerated Bluff, letting her cast up to a 6th level spell that is either an illusion, mind-affecting, or only affects Kara, three times per day. She does this by pretty much tricking reality itself. She can also now bluff effects like mind-reading.

Using her new power, she casts Heart's Ease (from Book of Exalted Deeds) on Dibella to ease her pain, and Alveron gets to enjoy the results of Kara experimenting with polymorphing.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

The gold doesnt mean anything to me, I know what hes doing with that. What worries me is the pure magic power that he is absorbing. I dont know how anyone can do that, and I dont know what he can do with it. The other question is how they are pulling off these metamagic tricks. There isnt some big cosmic rulebook up there that says if you give up all material possessions, you can cast metamagic beyond your powers. By the way, anything new from your ring?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess I'll find out soon enough what this Kotepian business is about. As for the ring: It warned me without flashing to disguise itself from the Kotepians. I would see the colors in my sight instead. It feels like it has a consciousness, but when I tried to communicate with it mentally, nothing happened."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

The next week is spent carefully vetting all personnel in the temple, a task Kara assists Elinon in performing. The initial traitor is discovered quickly, a junior wizard named Kehldor, he had become disenchanted with his own lack of progress in casting (which was actually caused by his own laziness in studies) and he is quietly removed. The rest of the process turns up nothing, and with the thoroughness it was done with, Elinon seems sure that the temple is once again secure. After several days of remedial training in the value of diligence, Captain Esteron is restored to the rank of Major, showing that he accepted responsibility and worked to restore Elinon's confidence in him.
    Kara is able to sell her acquired loot for 10K in gold.
    (anything you wish to do before next assignment)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Kara relishes the task of combing through the temple for the traitor, also taking the time to reward especially devoted Lysindrans (since she doesn't always have the opportunity). She is with Elinon when the traitor is found, Kara's BS sensor triggering almost immediately, cutting right through his feeble bluff-enhancing magics. With every passing day, Kara also seems to be in a better mood, her love for Alveron growing stronger, buoying her throughout the day. She takes on the role of his personal trainer, and takes it very seriously, since she vowed to make him the best man he can be, but also proves that her worry about smothering him was not just empty talk, devoting one day entirely to him (and not really giving him any time to do anything not involving her, not out of malice, but because she can't help it). The rest of the temple can observe that her casual amorousness towards others seems to be declining, but she is looking more and more fulfilled with every passing day, which also shows in her training harder every day.

As a consequence, Kara invests her wealth into magic items making her tougher, to ensure she will survive and return to the one she loves, not regreting a single coin.

She also sends Regtor a dream (with her newfound powers, persuading the dreamscape to help her out), teaching his subconscious about the benefits of being good, how wonderful his life can be, and making him feel it through him dreaming about sharing a moment with a veiled Lysindran. No need to look over one's shoulder, no need to backstab others, no need to question another's affections...

Finally, when Elinon calls Kara, the Helldiver is there immediately in full gear, brimming with motivation, smiling beautifully. She left Alveron with a long, passionate kiss ("I can hardly wait for you to bring me home again.")
    "Well then, what can I do for you and Ly'Sindra?"

Show
    Upgraded her belt from +2 Con to +6 and her Shirt of Resistance from +3 saves to +5
    Last edited by Ridai; 2018-08-16 at 12:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

(Alveron is with you at this meeting, as per your request for backup)

My spies in the temple of Kotep have just gotten word to me of a group of worshippers planning to make a pilgrimage to the red dragon, Kahoutek. It seems that it is some sort of annual thing, that we have never heard of before, and while they couldn't get any more information about it, its enough for me to know that if the Koteps are doing something on a regular basis, then its time for us to disrupt it. I want you two to go, and make sure this meeting doesn't take place or that it gets disrupted.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

(I forgot to buy a Ring of Enduring Arcana. Doing that and increasing her +saves item only to +4 instead of +5)

"What do we know about this dragon and the place the meeting will take place? Do we know the Kotepians' route?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Kahoutek is not only the oldest red dragon, he is the oldest dragon ever. In fact, hes probably the oldest mortal being in Daystor. Hes unbelievably powerful. I saw him once, he flew overhead a town, and blasted it with his fire. What few buildings survived the blast were burned within seconds. He then landed and a group of adventurers, most even more powerful than you challenged him...and they had Energy Immunity on themselves. When he breathed on them, there was only ashes left. Not just dead, but reduced to ash. They say he sits on a pile of treasure that would take an army and wagon trains running day and night for a month to clear it out. The largest stash of mithral coins in the known world, and some of the most fabulous gems known to man.
    We know where the mountain is, but we dont know the route they are taking. There are several entries into the cave complex, and we will drop you off at one one of them. Hopefully, you cut them off before they get to him.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Kara grimaces. "That sounds like the mission hinges on luck and the big bad dragon not deciding to incinerate us for entering his mountain. Once they are meeting the dragon, I don't see a way to stop them, since Lysindrans are a common enemy for both. I am ready to go, but I can't guarantee the success of the mission."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Remember this. While red dragons are evil, they are not allies of Kotep. In fact, given the red dragon arrogance and temper, they dont consider anyone their allies or even their equals. Yes, cutting them off before they meet the dragon is the best course, but its not a complete loss if you dont, but you have to play your cards right.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Kara nods and applies her buffs, soon wreathed in her luminous armor once more. She grasps Alveron's hand. This is certainly a first for her, not going into such a mission alone... but it is not an unwelcome change. "Then I am ready to go."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Alveron takes Kara's hand and with a poof, the pair arrive at a cave mouth into the heart of Kahoutek's mountain. He casts for a moment on both Kara and himself and a reddish hue surrounds both of them, which fades away quickly. Energy Immunity, to fire. If the stories are true, it wont help any against Kahoutek, but his fire based minions should be another story. So, do you want to lead the way, or me?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks, love," Kara says in response to the protection. "I'll take point, but let me know if you notice anything or have an idea. Let's go." And Kara leads the way into the caves.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Not surprisingly, since Kahoutek is a red after all, the mountain is actually volcanic. And while not active in the sense of it spewing lava right now, there is still the sense that it could go off at any time, unlike other volcanos that are clearly dormant. (think Hawaiian Islands vs. Vesuvius). Kara and Alveron make their way into the cave, the oppressive heat a constant reminder of just where they are. After about 5 minutes of careful walking, they get another....
    The cave tunnel shudders somewhat, the heat rises to an almost scorching level and with a sudden sigh, the whole walls collapse into magma, covering the pair in burning ooze. The energy protection prevents damage, but the heat is still almost overpowering, and if either were to slip, the protection wont stop them from drowning. To make matters worse, 3 strange human shaped figures rise up, literally composed of magma and move menacingly towards the pair.

Initiative
    (you are trying to move through thick molten rock, you cant move more than 5 feet per round, and the magma men are now 5 feet away)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

HP 198/198 AC 48 (T 28, FF 41) Saves F +20 R +21 W +23
    Spell slots 0 6/6; 1 10/12; 2 11/11; 3 8/10; 4 7/8
    Active spells energy immunity (fire), greater luminous armor (-4 on melee attacks against her), greater magic weapon (+4), greater mighty wallop (4 increases), shield

Kara is so, so very glad that she has Alveron as she feels the lava surround them. He already protected her, so she reciprocates by moving straight next to the creatures, magic heightening her reaction times. Cracking her many knuckles, she unleashes a withering assault on them, necrotic energies swirl through the heat shimmers, Kara loving the feeling her stronger greater mighty wallop gives her fists.

Show
    Immediate Cast Nerveskitter

Initiative (1d20+12)[31]

Free Cast shield

Move 5 feet as part of full attack

Full action Full attack at the creatures while channeling vampiric touch (gain THP equal to the highest vampiric touch damage done, lasting 1 hour)
    (1d20+27)[44], (6d6+13)[36] weapon damage + (8d6)[32] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[37], (6d6+13)[32] weapon damage + (8d6)[29] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[44], (6d6+13)[30] weapon damage + (8d6)[21] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[31], (6d6+13)[32] weapon damage + (8d6)[33] damage (vampiric touch)

(1d20+22)[36], (6d6+13)[30] weapon damage + (8d6)[31] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[31], (6d6+13)[34] weapon damage + (8d6)[39] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[24], (6d6+13)[28] weapon damage + (8d6)[30] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[33], (6d6+13)[33] weapon damage + (8d6)[24] damage (vampiric touch)

(1d20+17)[31], (6d6+13)[37] weapon damage + (8d6)[20] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[32], (6d6+13)[34] weapon damage + (8d6)[34] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[25], (6d6+13)[35] weapon damage + (8d6)[36] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[34], (6d6+13)[36] weapon damage + (8d6)[30] damage (vampiric touch)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Moving through the magma is very difficult, the stuff is thicker than molasses and even though she is protected from the damage, its still a mental challenge to not see it as deadly to the touch. She manages to get to the first magma man, hammering away with her fists. The first thing she notices is that her vampiric touch is bringing her none of the benefits she is used to (and thus likely not doing anything extra to the magma beast), The second is that while her blows are connecting, either this creature can withstand an impressive amount of damage or its highly resistant to these sorts of physical attacks, she manages finally to bring the creature down, but she has to use all of her attacks to do so. On her side, Alveron attacks with a spell, using a cone of cold that greatly slows the beast but does not stop it.
    The magma men retaliate, hurling balls of magma at the pair. Kara is hit once for 10 points of damage, which would be a lot more severe if she were not immune to the fire, and Alveron is hit for 12 points as well.
    Just before Kara takes her turn, another magma man forms up, several feet behind the other two.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

HP 188/198 AC 48 (T 28, FF 41) Saves F +20 R +21 W +23
    Spell slots 0 6/6; 1 10/12; 2 10/11; 3 8/10; 4 7/8
    Active spells energy immunity (fire), greater luminous armor (-4 on melee attacks against her), greater magic weapon (+4), greater mighty wallop (4 increases), shield

Alright, duking this out may not be the smart choice here. Well then. Kara channels magic through her fists, blurring them. She touches the magma creatures, then Alveron, than herself, hopefully teleporting the creatures as far as possible into the direction Kara and Alveron came from, and the two gishes as close to the magma-free part ahead.

Show
    Kara channels Dimension Hop as part of her full attack. She doesn't intend to do damage with it, just touch the magma beings and then Alveron and herself to teleport everyone. The magma beings get shunted as far as possible to where Kara and Alveron came in, and Alveron and Kara get teleported 40ft closer to the magma-less part ahead. Then the 5 foot step to move closer to the magma-less part.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

(reading the spell, you would have to touch the magma men...but on the other hand, the spell can cover all the distance by touching Alveron)

The spell easily transports Kara and Alveron to the edge of the magma pit, and they both clamber out with ease. Moments after they climb out, the magma men sink back into the pool that they came from. Alveron applies a healing spell to Kara first, both because he sees she is hurt and because touching her is really high on his list of things to do.

(and yes, fighting would not have been the answer, every time you dispelled one, the magma would just form up another one, seeing as they werent living things)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Spell slots 0 5/6; 1 10/12; 2 10/11; 3 10/10; 4 5/8
    Active spells energy immunity (fire, Dispel DC Alveron+4), greater luminous armor (-4 on melee attacks against her; Dispel DC 32), greater magic weapon (+4, Dispel DC 35), greater mighty wallop (4 increases, Dispel DC 35)

Alveron's hand phases through the gleaming full plate suit, touching the softness beneath, Kara enjoying how he can't help but linger even in such a dangerous environment, especially as she returns the healing favor as well as casting a prestidigitation to remove any remaining lava. They have work to do now, but Alveron gets the impression that his lover is no stranger to enjoying herself behind enemy lines. Seeing the thought form, Kara smiles. "Perhaps you will find out soon. Let's keep going for now." She gives Alveron a kiss for the healing and continues to lead the way, trying not to distract her lover too much on the way.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

The party moves off down the tunnels. Once or twice they are forced to back track as the tunnel chosen leads nowhere. However, one finally leads to a large cavern, they were able to spot it before wandering in by accident, inside are 4 huge fire giants. Crouching at the cave entrance, Alveron whispers to Kara...How about I soften them up with a cone of cold, and then we close in for the kill?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"Go get 'em," Kara whispers back. Good thinking and an opportunity for Alveron to show off his arcane might. Kara certainly doesn't mind. She herself tenses her muscles, getting ready to jump right into the fray and let it rip.

Show
    Initiative (1d20+7)[26]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

The cone billows into the room, expanding as it does so, taking in all 4 of the very surprised giants.
    (take your action)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Spell slots 0 5/6; 1 9/12; 2 10/11; 3 8/10; 4 5/8
    Active spells energy immunity (fire, Dispel DC Alveron+4), greater luminous armor (-4 on melee attacks against her; Dispel DC 32), greater magic weapon (+4, Dispel DC 35), greater mighty wallop (4 increases, Dispel DC 35), shield (Dispel DC 32)

Following right in the wake of the cold waves, Kara soars through the freezing air and begins pummeling the giants with necrotic energies, four arms turning into a black-and-golden blur of motion.

Show
    Free Cast shield

Swift Jump adjacent to the giants

Full action Full attack at the giants while channeling vampiric touch (gain THP equal to the highest vampiric touch damage done, lasting 1 hour)
    (1d20+27)[33], (6d6+13)[32] weapon damage + (8d6)[38] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[30], (6d6+13)[33] weapon damage + (8d6)[35] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[32], (6d6+13)[40] weapon damage + (8d6)[30] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+27)[37], (6d6+13)[34] weapon damage + (8d6)[38] damage (vampiric touch)

(1d20+22)[38], (6d6+13)[37] weapon damage + (8d6)[20] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[34], (6d6+13)[26] weapon damage + (8d6)[29] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[25], (6d6+13)[39] weapon damage + (8d6)[24] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+22)[41], (6d6+13)[37] weapon damage + (8d6)[37] damage (vampiric touch)

(1d20+17)[24], (6d6+13)[36] weapon damage + (8d6)[32] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[24], (6d6+13)[26] weapon damage + (8d6)[29] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[36], (6d6+13)[40] weapon damage + (8d6)[29] damage (vampiric touch)
    (1d20+17)[33], (6d6+13)[39] weapon damage + (8d6)[27] damage (vampiric touch)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Kara lands gracefully in the middle of the wounded giants and immediately goes to town on them. She can only attack 3, but each one of her attacks connects, and all 3 of the ones she attacks fall. The remaining giant recovers quickly from his surprise and connects with her once for 25 points, which is absorbed by her stolen life force. Alveron hangs back, rather awed by the display, allowing her to attack and finish off the last one.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

HP 198/198 (13 THP) AC 48 (T 28, FF 41) Saves F +20 R +21 W +23
    Spell slots 0 5/6; 1 8/12; 2 10/11; 3 8/10; 4 5/8
    Active spells energy immunity (fire, Dispel DC Alveron+4), greater luminous armor (-4 on melee attacks against her; Dispel DC 32), greater magic weapon (+4, Dispel DC 35), greater mighty wallop (4 increases, Dispel DC 35), shield (Dispel DC 32)

Kara doesn't waste time, continuing her barrage without delay and beating the last giant into submission with fists crackling with lightning. As she quickly gathers the giants' loot, she notices the awe on Alveron's face. "Oh, first time you saw me in action?" Kara doesn't see that look often because she doesn't often have someone with her or save someone who realizes fully what she is doing. The gish smiles, hands briefly crackling with lightning. "This is what I do for a living, and it'll only get more dangerous from here on out." And she says this like it is a good thing. Alveron is feeling his lover's excitement and her love for what she does, all the thrills and dangers and adrenaline, but he can also intensely feel why she craves company in her time off as much as she does, needing it balance herself out, keep herself sane. Going on nothing but near-suicide missions and doing nothing but train in between would have made her burn out long ago.

Kara walks over to Alveron, embracing and kissing him. The Helldiver, abnormal, dangerous, lethal, voracious in her appetite while volatile magic courses through her. Plenty of men and women ultimately chickened out of going further with her, being too intense, too physically and emotionally demanding and exhausting. But Alveron can handle her, and he can feel he has become one of the most important and cherished things in her life because of it, keeping her sane, functioning, happy. And doing much to make his life bliss in return. "Thanks for the opener, honey. I didn't know I was missing out so much by going alone." Truth be told, so far, she was worried that others would just end up being in over their heads. A bit of arrogance, perhaps, but it is easier to endanger herself than others.

Parting, Kara leads the way once more, deeper into the cave system, hoping to intercept the Kotepians before having to deal with the dragon.

Show
    Full action Full attack at the giant while channeling shocking grasp (gain +3 to attack if the giant is wearing metal armor)
    (1d20+27)[42], (6d6+13)[34] weapon damage + (5d6)[19] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+27)[39], (6d6+13)[38] weapon damage + (5d6)[15] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+27)[44], (6d6+13)[31] weapon damage + (5d6)[19] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+27)[46], (6d6+13)[35] weapon damage + (5d6)[17] electricity damage (shocking grasp)

(1d20+22)[42], (6d6+13)[32] weapon damage + (5d6)[17] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+22)[26], (6d6+13)[30] weapon damage + (5d6)[15] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+22)[36], (6d6+13)[39] weapon damage + (5d6)[17] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+22)[28], (6d6+13)[28] weapon damage + (5d6)[24] electricity damage (shocking grasp)

(1d20+17)[30], (6d6+13)[36] weapon damage + (5d6)[12] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+17)[36], (6d6+13)[40] weapon damage + (5d6)[20] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+17)[36], (6d6+13)[31] weapon damage + (5d6)[15] electricity damage (shocking grasp)
    (1d20+17)[33], (6d6+13)[40] weapon damage + (5d6)[18] electricity damage (shocking grasp)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Searching the giants possessions, Kara finds proof of the rumour that Kahoutek sits on the worlds largest pile of mithral (among other things) and pays his minions in that type of coin, as each of the giants has 5 mithral coins.
    (conversion rate of mithral is 1=1000 gold)
    Mithral coins are usually only used for large scale business transactions, as they are too rare and the mineral too valuable for use as a common currency. As well, the giants have an assortment of magic axes and armour, not that it helped them any
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Kara rubs her chin and her other hands are making the magic items and currency disappear in her bag. "You know, if I didn't stand out like festival lighting, teleporting past these guys probably would have been the smarter move. If we have to talk to the dragon, at least. And if said dragon cares about his guards. Ah well." The gish leads the way deeper into the caves. She is really hoping to intercept the Kotepians. She is good at talking her way out of things and in terms of bluffing, but even that will only get her so far against something so excessively powerful as this particular dragon. It would be a fantastic thrill, sure, but she has to look out for her lover, too, prefering Alveron in one piece.