Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default A Falling Star? IC

    You couldn't miss it.

    Even if you were inside, there was a deafening noise from outside that sounded almost like a dragon's roar. There was a moment of panic, until everyone realised what it was: a falling star, or a comet perhaps. No harm, but worth a look just to make sure. It couldn't be much more than a hundred miles from Illara, or much fewer than fifty, so it should be a few days' travel.

    A letter arrived on Alward's doorstep; an agent from the church bowed low and gave Inquisitor Mann a formal message; Bosek's mentor gave him one last mission; Alhansen's presence was requested by whatever means he favoured. Irrespective, the message was clear. You must investigate the star: go and inform the mayor that you intend to travel there, and then go once you, and anyone else wishing to do so, have told the mayor.

    It's a simple enough task - right?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You couldn't miss it.

    Even if you were inside, there was a deafening noise from outside that sounded almost like a dragon's roar. There was a moment of panic, until everyone realised what it was: a falling star, or a comet perhaps. No harm, but worth a look just to make sure. It couldn't be much more than a hundred miles from Illara, or much fewer than fifty, so it should be a few days' travel.

    A letter arrived on Alward's doorstep; an agent from the church bowed low and gave Inquisitor Mann a formal message; Bosek's mentor gave him one last mission; Alhansen's presence was requested by whatever means he favoured. Irrespective, the message was clear. You must investigate the star: go and inform the mayor that you intend to travel there, and then go once you, and anyone else wishing to do so, have told the mayor.

    It's a simple enough task - right?
    Alward reds the letter.

    ...
    ...
    ...

    Alward sighs slowly. 'Noting to be done' he thinks to himself as he gathers up what is unfortunately most of his savings.

    Before visiting the mayor he somewhat hurriedly buys some food for the road and whatever weapons and armour are cheep and of decent make. Now equipped to not be mugged and murdered by bandits he only now heads to the mayor.

    Those who encounter him at his destination would find and aristocratic looking man appearing uncomfortable in his new armour stuck stroking the vicious-looking centipede curled over his shoulders as he waits.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrMartin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    - one day before -
    Lato broke the news at supper. The two were eating the hunt of the day, in the dark, without speaking, as usual when they met. They didn't spend so much time together these days as a few years ago, but their bond was still strong, and their relationship clear: one student, one master.

    "You have become lazy. Still. Like mud water. At first I thought it was funny you wanted to build a house. Now I think that you think your journey ends here. There are many more things you need to learn, and there is only one way of doing that. You have seen the blast of light in the sky and heard the blast of thunder that followed. You are to go there where the sky fell, and when you get there, do what you think is right. And you are not to go alone. Go to Illara, find the major, and tell him you are going to go where the sky fell. If others are going to the same place, and there will be others, you are to go with them. Make a pack. Now finish your meal. You go tonight".

    Bosek is not one to blindly follow instructions. Years of the dwarf's harsh tutelage thought him otherwise. But he never heard so many words out the tiny man at once, and somehow knew this was one of the important lessons. The hunter who hesitates goes hungry.

    - today -
    a tired looking, sweaty orc walks the streets of Illara, looking for the town square, where as far as he remembers city hall is located. He was here exactly once, when Lato wanted to show him how humans and elves and other humanoid build their homes and how they live. That's probably what inspired him to build his cabin in the woods, Bosek now thinks to himself.

    He finally reaches the town hall, and approaches the first person he sees there, not registering the large insect on his shoulder as anything out of the ordinary: "I am looking for the major. Is that you?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrMartin View Post
    - today -
    a tired looking, sweaty orc walks the streets of Illara, looking for the town square, where as far as he remembers city hall is located. He was here exactly once, when Lato wanted to show him how humans and elves and other humanoid build their homes and how they live. That's probably what inspired him to build his cabin in the woods, Bosek now thinks to himself.

    He finally reaches the town hall, and approaches the first person he sees there, not registering the large insect on his shoulder as anything out of the ordinary: "I am looking for the major. Is that you?"
    "No, I'm just waiting for him myself." replies Alward, a friendly note in his tone.

    Figuring he should get some information here he converses with the orc

    Extending his hand to the orc Alward introduces himself. "I am Alward by the way. I would imagine your business here involves that fallen star"?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrMartin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    Bosek is silent for a few second after the man finishes asking his question, as if taking in the few words Alward told him one by one. "Good day, Alward. My name is Bosek. I live in the forest to the east. And yes, yes, I don't know if it is a fallen star, but it is why I am here. I had doubts when my teacher said I'd find others interested in the star if I came here looking for the major, but it seems that this time he was right!"

    Now that you are talking with him, you can notice geometric sign branded as if by fire inside the palm of one of Bosek's hands.

    "I'm going inside the town hall to look for the major. Are you coming?"
    Hector Morris Ashburnum-Whit - Curse of the Crimson Throne - IC / OoC
    Bosek of Kuru - A Falling Star - IC / OoC
    Gifu Lavoi - Heritage of Kings - IC / OoC

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrMartin View Post
    Bosek is silent for a few second after the man finishes asking his question, as if taking in the few words Alward told him one by one. "Good day, Alward. My name is Bosek. I live in the forest to the east. And yes, yes, I don't know if it is a fallen star, but it is why I am here. I had doubts when my teacher said I'd find others interested in the star if I came here looking for the major, but it seems that this time he was right!"

    Now that you are talking with him, you can notice geometric sign branded as if by fire inside the palm of one of Bosek's hands.

    "I'm going inside the town hall to look for the major. Are you coming?"
    'Interesting fellow' thinks Alward at the mention of a master and spotting the brand.

    "That would be for the best, yes".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Falling Star? IC

    Spoiler: Quoted Jormengand
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You couldn't miss it.

    Even if you were inside, there was a deafening noise from outside that sounded almost like a dragon's roar. There was a moment of panic, until everyone realised what it was: a falling star, or a comet perhaps. No harm, but worth a look just to make sure. It couldn't be much more than a hundred miles from Illara, or much fewer than fifty, so it should be a few days' travel.

    A letter arrived on Alward's doorstep; an agent from the church bowed low and gave Inquisitor Mann a formal message; Bosek's mentor gave him one last mission; Alhansen's presence was requested by whatever means he favoured. Irrespective, the message was clear. You must investigate the star: go and inform the mayor that you intend to travel there, and then go once you, and anyone else wishing to do so, have told the mayor.

    It's a simple enough task - right?


    Inquisitor Horace Mann of the Church of Moroth

    Inquisitor Mann looked critically at the messenger he was sent, thinking the messenger’s lack of proper form in the secret greeting was a sign the church was getting lax. Regardless, the messenger hadn’t made any major mistakes...yet.

    ”This star could be useful. I have heard the king express interest in it, so it is fortunate I am sanctioned to investigate it. Begone messenger, and work on your form!”

    It puzzled Horace why he needed to see the Mayor of Illara. Horace had grown up there, but it had been years since he set foot there. Regardless, it would be interesting to see how the town rebuilt itself over the years, and hopefully the town could be brought under Moroth’s iron fist as well to prevent future tragedies.

    Arriving sometime after the others, Horace took note at the assortment of people who also seemed to be waiting on the mayor. An orc, an aristocrat, and a third person. He thought about how his distinguished appearance completed the set. To onlookers, Horace appears to be a raven-haired man with stern icy blue eyes and wrinkles before his time. He is deceitfully dressed as an agent of Chinik, rather than Moroth. Mann was unsure, however, if he could trust the others, so he asked the secret question, hoping to get the secret answer:

    “For whom does the bell toll?”
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •