The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: In Dreams to Come 2 - Back to the Future

Josh was sitting next to Judy again with a hand on her shoulder.

"No no no no no, it's okay, you're alright. You did the best you could. Just take a minute."

Then he glared at Tara as she got closer to Sheema.

"Sheema, she tried to execute Harold Brace. We had to stop her from murdering him. Ask her when she's gonna apologise for that one."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tara, don't give me that." Simon's reply was ice. "With a split-second's time to consider, you knew exactly what to say to get Judy's help. That was no accident. I remember that you got ahold of Arcanis' staff and Comody's cloning ritual right after Hero Corps took down the Ten Wolves. You had an alliance with Comody. You knew exactly what you were doing when you manipulated Judy to go along with you."

He let that accusation hang in the air just long enough for the ramifications to sink in before he continued, "Just like you're deliberately taking advantage of Sheema's good heart and ignorance of your crimes to gain her sympathy and manipulate her. You didn't even offer your help in the first place simply because its was the right thing to do, or with any kind of gratitude for your rescue. You even deliberately waited until Legion was approaching before making your offer so that you'd have maximum leverage to try and force a 'bargain'. You're not trying to turn over a new leaf."
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-02-21 at 07:55 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Judy gave Josh a little, grateful smile when he said she did her best and it was okay.

Tara didn't shy from either Josh's or Simon's reproach.

"I do not intend to," she answered Josh simply, without hesitation. "And while I frankly think you are both making claims and judgments by applying either the rules or the history of your timeline to this one, the specifics don't really matter. I could argue your specific points, but if you do not trust my word then it would be a waste of breath and time alike. I did not profess to be a Hero, or even much of a good person, though I should like to think that I am not as awful as the version of me from your timeline seems to be. I did not say or insinuate that I was trying to turn over a new leaf. The only claim I made was that I want to live, and for Darryll to live. That has not changed."

"You don't trust me. That's fine. You do not need to take me at my word. The battle...may not be strictly over, but it is for all intents and purposes won, and yet both my augmentations and Darryll's summons remain in force to contribute to the wrap-up. We both remain under the influence of your power suppression. Chains were not included in the original bargain, but you have all the leverage now, so if you wish to add them I suppose I cannot gainsay you. You think I am manipulative? Fine. Gag me as well."

"But my word is no longer relevant. Our leverage is gone. We have held up our end of the bargain. Now we stand before the portal. Would it be 'taking advantage of anyone's good heart' to ask if you all intend to do the same?"
    There was not fear, but there was certainly tension in her face and voice as she asked that last.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-02-21 at 09:11 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Arcanis'... staff?"

Funny that of everything said here, that is what sticks in her mind. There's a painful, slimy twist in her stomach hearing his name. Her head slowly turns to her right where Aquila clutches Tara's former staff tightly. The design is... familiar. Actually, she's seen it before. She's met the original damn owner! "...The one you missed," Sheema says quietly to herself. She recalls Tara's words back when they stole the staff from Warlock. Sheema thought it was Tara's to begin with. Looking at it now... No, there's no way she was the original owner.

A comforting-yet-nervous groan comes from Sheema's left as Makhana speaks to her. These last couple moments have been a difficult game of trust. Sheema only knew Tara for a few hours and the time travelers for a few weeks. It's not a lot of time to put one's faith in any of them. Yet, Makhana has been around since Sheema was born. The princess has always put her trust in the stern-but-concerned dire rhino. This trust runs deeper than a mother-daughter bond; these two are lifelong soulmates. THAT runs deeper than blood ever could.

So to hear Makhana communicate eases Sheema greatly. It's not pleasant, not fun to hear, and not what Sheema wants to hear... And yet it clears the situation up. Slowly, Sheema places her hand on the staff and gently pushes it closer to Summit's stone chest. "Aquila, don't give it back."

That's all Tara needs to hear to see that she's lost.

"Tara," Sheema begins; her voice trembles slightly. She doesn't like what she's about to say. "I understand your fear. I'm hoping that with Legion done, there won't be a collapsed world, that maybe this can stay and you all can live." Evidently Sheema had not been listening about time travel physics. "You're honest to me, and I thank you for it. But it's all because you need me, don't you?" Makhana's eyes slowly turn to look away from Tara and to Sheema. The rhino, befitting her nature, is nothing but straight and not gentle in her words to Sheema. "You want to go back to our time to survive. But there's more than that, isn't it? They've talked about what your other self has done. That staff, the Regional Commander's, was never yours to begin with." She looks over at the magical stick in Aquila's hands. "And you 'missed' it?" There's a sense of dread and retribution in Sheema's prior words.

A tear slowly begins to swell in Sheema's right eye. "Tara, I'm... sorry. Anyone wants revenge for being cast out of their country for some false reason. Anyone wants revenge on a man that locked you up for years." Her eyes look over at Judy, then to the staff, then to Tara again. "But you want to meet your other self, don't you? You both want to get back at Paradisia. And if they're right about your other self? That she stole Arcanis' staff?" The thought of that sure seems like it holds water. "You'll be a threat to Ilessia, my home. I can't allow that." Sheema climbs up on Makhana; neither of their expressions indicate they are enjoying what feels like being betrayed and being a traitor at the same time. "I've barely known you or the time travelers. I... shouldn't be trusting any of you. But I know that staff isn't yours and I know you want revenge. I'll do whatever I can in the five years I have to save your other self. But I don't trust you, yourself."

She sinks her head slowly downward. "Call me what you want; I'm deserving of it... But you can't come back with us." The mood ruins Sheema's normal, upbeat nature. All she wants now is to go home.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching the unfolding situation in somewhat detached manner, Aquila couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. Legion had been set up to be a massively problematic foe to fight...and yet there he was, defeated thoroughly at least for the moment. The team of time-travelers had ultimately taken him down in little more than an instant, and their way back to the only timeline he knew seemed more or less secured.

But now, there was the matter of possible tag-alongs to consider. And considering he lacked much of the information necessary to make judgements regarding them, he could regardless make certain moral decision: would he allow the others to leave these people behind, and why?

Even as a person who had always been curious about superheroes and villains, he had never truly had much knowledge of Tara, and while her pleas seemed genuinely heartfelt and argument at the very least casting shadow of doubt regarding the decision to leave her behind...it did not seem like the team was about to budge on such a matter. The discussion had turned somewhat heated in quite short order, and while it really was not his decision on who would pass through the portal, it wasn't anyone else's either...and he didn't really agree on leaving someone behind on suspicion. They did not, after all, have certainty on what'd happen to those left behind in this timeline. However, there was the danger present in saving Tara to consider, as her actions were apparently somewhat notorious for the other members of this little expedition. Of course, he was aware they could still be wrong and could be making the wrong decision based on wrong biases and resisting such a decision could be the right thing to do in the end. However...

Was it worth instigating discord among the team here? He knew that with the additional power boost, he might have been able to at least somewhat contest the issue... but the factors arranged against being so rash were also considerable. Ultimately he had to believe in SOMEONE for the entire thing to make any sort of sense. And out of all the people he had fought alongside so far, he definitely trusted Sheema the most. Perhaps it was due to the fact they had been both left out of the loop regarding great many things, or something else equally small but significant. Whatever it was solidified his decision in the end, allowing him to stop his inner turmoil regarding the question of Tara.

Holding the staff in tight grip, Aquila nodded at Sheema's words and let out a slow sigh. "I do not like these sorts of necessary evils, but... in this case, this may be the way to save countless civilians" he said, definitely not sounding happy about it but on board the majority decision all the same. "And any method that make sit more certain this timeline never occurs is, as regrettable as it may be, likely ultimately worthwhile."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Josh sucked his teeth.

"Alright. Sorry, T. And good luck. You...might still make it."

Not wanting to make anymore words, he turned to Simon.

"Can we go?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Tara stared hard at Sheema as she spoke out against her, followed by Aquila to make abundantly clear that the group's collective opinion had turned decisively against her. The look on her face was one of shock but not surprise, of fury but also of familiarity, of bitterness mingled with a hint of bemusement. It was a look of met expectations set by hard experience.

It was the look of one who felt betrayed, and was used to it.

"No..." Darryll guttered, shaking his head in denial. "This is wrong! It isn't- We fulfilled our end of the bargain! Nothing has changed!"

"Enough," Wulther decreed, staring the summoner down. "The decision has been made."

Lorelei keyed in the first set of coordinates for the portal. A doorway of blue-green light, looking almost like it was opening into the ocean or something, sprang open in the device.

"Tara, hurry! You can make it through! I'll hold them-"

"It is over, Darryll," Tara said quietly. With their Spiritual Energy pathways still blocked and the forces assembled both within and outside this room, she knew such an effort would be futile. She didn't even try. She just kept staring at Sheema.

Darryll's fists clenched and his face twisted with fury. "What kind of Heroes are you!? You condemn two people to death because of what they might do? Do you know what that is? Evil! Pure and simple! A willingness to sacrifice the lives of others owed to nothing more than your own prejudices and fears!"

"Sheema, Aquila, Wulther, Makhana, you four go through first. You should return to the moment you left," Lorelei said, ignoring Darryll's ranting.

"Monster!" Darryll snapped, pointing imperiously at Sheema. Tears were streaming down his face as he yelled. Tara remained icily composed. "She asked you for your help! You went to her with overtures of friendship! She told you who she was even then! Why would pretend? You didn't intend to let her come in the first place, so why pretend? Just to secure the benefits of her power? Is that it? Are you just one more in a long line of people who see her as nothing but a battery to be used and discarded!?"

Tara gave a little, resigned sigh, and turned and walked away.

As the first group made their way through the portal, they could hear Darryll yelling behind them, his voice more a wail than a shout, "You don't know her! You don't know who she is! You don't know what she's been through! SHE IS NOT A VILLAIN!"

Spoiler: Gestalt
    Show
    ...That was it.

It was over.

--

The first group's passage through the portal went smoothly.

The second group's went anything but.

Before, it had been like walking through a door. This time was oddly different. It was like walking down a tunnel. Or maybe more like falling down a bottomless pit.

The transit lasted for what felt more-or-less like two minutes (but who even knew? Did it even make sense to measure how long something took when you were moving backwards in time?), before a high-pitched beep came from Simon's belt. Simon nodded and looked to the three teammates with whom he had fought beside for months, saving an entire timeline and taking down one of the most notorious criminal organizations of Adaros in the process.

"I want to thank all of you for everything you have done. It has been an honor."

Just that and nothing more, neither explanation nor apology. And then he reached into his pocket. A shockwave burst out from him, and though he kept falling further into the past, the passage through time bucked and rippled around Mandragora, Gestalt, Josh, and Judy.

And then it tore apart.

Daimon Ames has left the party.

--

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just to note, I'm writing a fair bit of this kinda from Sheema's PoV because I know she joins Hero Corps in the intervening five years. This is not to indicate that Summit's in any way left out of the events described below. I just don't know if he actually joined Hero Corps or what, and didn't want to assume, but Summit certain may be involved to whatever degree Grim wants.

As Lorelei had promised, Sheema, Summit, Makhana, and Wulther reappeared in the kitchen of the Wildling farm, to a table set for many more guests than they now had (well, Makhana appeared back in the barn, where she had been when Judy's time portal had...exploded, maybe? It wasn't there any more, but there also wasn't any sign of damage to anything, so...?)

Arcanis's staff made the transit along with them...but even here, fifteen years in the past and who-knew-how-many timelines away, it was still flecked with regularly appearing-and-disappearing motes of that strange black static. In the end, the time portal wouldn't have kept either Legion or Tara from whatever fate the people of that timeline had to look forward to.

Though it might perhaps have delayed it - as the future Heroes had alluded to, time moved differently in different timelines. While they had expected to have about another week before the timeline finished whatever it was doing, the staff stuck around for a little over four months.

But when it did finally vanish, it didn't just vanish in a puff of smoke or disintegrate or anything. Summit felt a tug on it, as if someone was taking it from him - not like yanking it away, but taking it as if he were handing it to them or something. He briefly heard an aged, male voice say, "Ah, thank you. Now then, let's-" before it trailed away and the staff was gone.

Five years went by the long way.

Sheema had joined Hero Corps in this time. And...you know, it was kinda odd, but for whatever reason, circumstances were just such that she never...actually wound up having any significant interaction with the Heroes she had met in the past. Sure, she'd heard about them and saw them like on the news occasionally or whatever. But Adaros was the biggest city in the country and had the biggest and twistiest Hero Corps base, after all, and their paths just never really happened to cross. Or possibly circumstances actively conspired to ensure their paths didn't cross even if she tried intentionally to meet them. Weird.

Even the whole war with the Ten Wolves she ended up only learning about after the fact (because certain time travelers hadn't actually told her anything much about the future, not to name names or anything), since it happened that a trip to Peral took place just a bit before it and...had wound up going long. (Evidently there had been a tyrannosaurus making itself at home in Makhana's territory. They're friends now. Kinda. Sorta. ...Not really.)

But then came the day they vanished. It was, obviously, pretty big news in Hero Corps, since they were not only well-known Heroes, but included two of the three contenders for the Regional Commander position after Arcanis's tragic death during the final battle against the Ten Wolves.

Except...they were supposed to have reappeared pretty much immediately after they disappeared. So they never should have "vanished" in the first place, at least not to the perception of the present time.

Something had gone wrong.

--

And then came the Battle of Adaros, where six Heroes died, Treetop was crippled, and a powerful Prophet had broken the news to Hero Corps about Simon Candler's role in the death of Arcanis.

Needless to say, it was a hard day for the Adaros Hero Corps.

--

In the aftermath of the Battle of Adaros, it seemed like things were falling apart entirely. Frostburn, already struggling with trying to manage the duties of Regional Commander, was plagued by doubt in the aftermath, and his leadership slipped precipitously. Many of the Heroes were demoralized to learn that the man they had accepted as their field commander, who had led them to victory against the Ten Wolves, had betrayed Arcanis and all of them, and speculation and rumors grew more bitter with every day that Simon and his team remained missing. If it hadn't been for Sheema's leadership and upbeat attitude, the stalwart defenders of Adaros may have broken altogether. But finally, they got some good news.

Phoenix had returned.

The former leader of Vanguard IV, virtually right-hand to Arcanis, and one of the most renowned Heroes in Adaros, had been killed in ambush by the Ten Wolves. But evidently, her codename wasn't appropriate just because she liked to wear red. Like her namesake, she had risen from the dead, and pretty much immediately strode into Hero Corps and demanded a status report.

She was named Regional Commander within a week.

--

There had been extensive deliberations at the highest levels of SIDE leadership to decide what to do about the Daimon Aimes debacle. IN-SIDE, of course, wanted to keep their secrets close. OUT-SIDE, rightfully furious about being used as a cover for a spying mission on Ilessian soil, insisted that IN-SIDE admit to their misdeeds and deal with the consequences. Both, uh, sides argued long and hard before the Director of SIDE, and the debate might have still been ongoing.

Except that an agent who went by the codename Spectre pieced together the murders.

Over the past few months, there had been a series of...subtly strange happenings. Throughout the country, a couple dozen wealthy, powerful individuals - almost all of them known or suspected to be Dreamers of Nation-class personal power - had done things...slightly out of character. It wasn't anything obvious. In fact, most of the oddities were not things that the public or media noticed so much as occasional notes in tabloids, or wild conspiracy theories, or Truthspeaker ramblings...backed up by the rare, occasional statement of surprise or confusion by their closest friends or nearest family. It wasn't anything that anyone would have cause to be suspicious about.

Unless you were the handler for an agent who was investigating a list of wealthy, powerful Dreamers.

Unless you knew that the list included every person who had been reported as having acted out of character in recent months.

Unless you knew the agent in question was capable of shapeshifting.

Of doing so without Dreamer powers.

And had vanished mysteriously months ago.

Spectre had investigated thoroughly. Had done all necessary due diligence. If she hadn't known how Daimon Aimes worked better than anyone alive, she might never have found any conclusive evidence.

But she did know him that well. So, say you're Daimon. For some reason, you've decided to assassinate and somehow replace members of the Circle of Shared Dreams. Maybe you've somehow acquired their roster. Maybe you're just targeting suspected members. Regardless, you've faked your disappearance, you've been preparing and carrying out these murders for months since then, and you know that the organization you work for will disapprove in the most strenuous possible fashion. What does that mean?

It means you absolutely don't go after any of the ones whose identities you had already previously confirmed to IN-SIDE until you've already worked your way well into the list, and when you do go for them you spread them out so nobody in IN-SIDE notices the pattern.

It gave her only a chance at an opening. It still took her nearly a month of surveillance. And even then, the truth was she got lucky.

But she was in position to catch Daimon - weirdly, still in the guise of Simon Candler - along with four other people she didn't recognize, attack and kill Wynona Jordan, one-star General, a commander at one of Adaros's military bases, and a Nation-class energy controller. Intangible and imperceptible, she captured the entire battle on camera, watching with dawning dread.

One of the people with Daimon shrouded the battle in illusions.

Two of them who looked like they could have been twins worked together to counter Wynona's powers with their own energy commands.

One of them fought with every bit as much martial arts skill as Daimon himself was capable of - and in fact, to Spectre's experienced eye, a nearly identical fighting style.

And Daimon himself, still appearing as Simon Candler, wielded Time itself as a weapon.

When the general had been killed, Daimon caused her body to vanish with a gesture - casting it outside of time and utterly removing even the slightest trace of evidence.

The martial artist took the shape of Wynona Jordan, and went on her way.

Not a single, solitary one of them detected to her SIDE scanners as possessing even the faintest hint of Dreamer powers.

Once she turned the video over to her superiors, it did not take long for the Director of SIDE to reach a decision.

--

When the Director of SIDE requested a meeting with the Commanders of Hero Corps, Phoenix had asked Sheema to come as well. The two had struck up a solid friendship since Phoenix's return, and the new Regional Commander had been deeply impressed by both Sheema's leadership abilities, and her capabilities as a Hero - particularly given her utter lack of Dreamer powers.

In that meeting, the Director had revealed the truth about Simon Candler - or, more accurately, Daimon Aimes. He revealed how he had been installed into Hero Corps to investigate the secretive organization that those who were aware of its existence called the Circle of Shared Dreams. He revealed the evidence suggesting that Arcanis was a member (a claim met with some shock, but not really any surprise by the other Commanders - none of them had any idea that Arcanis was a member of the Circle and most of them hadn't even been aware that the Circle even might theoretically exist, but as Lucid put it, "Really, if Corbin hadn't been a member of at least one secret society, I would have been disappointed.") And he revealed what they knew of how Daimon had received information that led to him making his attack on Arcanis, and given Tara Ellens the opportunity to kill the Archmage - while stressing that this version of events had come from Daimon himself, and so could not necessarily be taken as reliable.

And then, he had ceded the floor to the agent with him, a woman who went by the codename Spectre, who revealed what she had learned of Daimon's activities in recent months, and showed them the video.

Which all meant, depending on who else she had told of her past experiences with the time traveling Heroes, that Sheema may or may not have been the only one in the room capable of making the obvious connection.

Simon Daimon had, evidently, returned to the present immediately after they had originally time travelled to the past, just as he had been supposed to.

...So what had happened to the rest of the Heroes?

--

It was a week later that the answer to that question - or at least, a path to an answer to that question - came to the heroes, in the form of Jenny Cade.

The young Deionist oracle had gone to Hero Corps saying she had a vision for "someone named Spectre" - and figured since that sounded like a codename, it was probably a Hero, or someone the Heroes might know. After a bit of back-and-forth with SIDE, Spectre had been sent down to receive the vision - which indicated that Simon's team would be returning to the present...oddly enough, in a small town in Peral, on the fifth of Decender. Given that they might well have information about Daimon's killing spree, SIDE and Hero Corps requested that Sheema, Spectre, and Summit travel there to meet with them, and either enlist their aid in stopping Daimon, or if they proved to be in collaboration with him, to bring them back to Ilessia to face interrogation and stand trial.

And so, after a trip to Peral aboard a cargo ship (Makhana didn't really, you know, do planes) and perhaps a little detour or two for sightseeing or...other reasons, the group was on approach to the town at more-or-less the appointed time.

...But it seemed like something had beaten them there.

Spectre has joined the party.

--

As it happened, there was another event of perhaps some modest significance that occurred on the fifth of Decender.

Mandragora, Gestalt, Josh, and Judy were sent on a buffeting, bruising, bouncing ride through the timestream after Simon released his shockwave. Blue-green light and utter darkness went whipping and whirling chaotically around them. Judy screamed. It took an eternity. It took an instant. It never happened at all.

The three Heroes and one very in-over-her-head artificer did not appear in Lorelei's lab. They appeared in a small, quaint little village that seemed to be in the process of dying a spectacular and messy death. The sky was blood red for maybe a mile in every direction. Giant humanoids with glowing red eyes were running through the streets, smashing buildings and crushing people with every step. Nearish the center of the town there was little more than a charred, devastated crater, a few giant bodies and numerous human ones strewn about...and the Heroes of Millaine standing within, doing battle against...

...Ah. Well. You know, you would think that the words "doing battle against a flipping-I-kid-you-not-Dragon would be, you know, sufficient on their own to get across the scope of the matter at hand. "Dragon" does not generally need any further hype. But this dragon...it wasn't that it was huge. I mean, yes, it absolutely was on a mind-boggling scale, but again, it was a dragon. Being huge is kinda what they do. There was more to it, though. There was a full-scale freaking tornado surrounding the thing, and even as you managed to collect your wits from the disorienting time-travel, the dragon raked at the enormous, whirling water elemental that was the Maelstrom with its claws, causing a deluge of rain to pour over the area, and a bolt of lightning to come flashing down from the crimson clouds, chaining among the Heroes of Millaine.

This was more than a dragon. It was a force of nature.

And projecting an air of utter dismissal towards perhaps the most renowned group of Heroes in Ilessia, it just turned and flew away at breathtaking speeds. The Heroes of Millaine went after it - the Maelstrom evidently getting telekinetically hurled after it, after which the rest of them gathered together and teleported away with no flash or fanfare other than a soft pop, presumably to rejoin the battle. But, uh...

Well, that kinda left this poor, helpless down almost entirely undefended against the horde of rampaging giants.

Unless I mean, I dunno, maybe you guys had something to say about that?

Spoiler
    Show
    Told you I'd be throwing you pretty much right into the next episode! All fatigue and other conditions from the previous episode is removed. Remember, it's a new adventure so your Hero Points are back at 1, and luck rerolls are reset. Josh and Gestalt still have Mandragora's Triggered Healing on them.

I'll have a map up for ya'll probably tomorrow. For now, feel free to assume there are giants within a move action in more-or-less every direction and you can probably hit at most four in an Area 1, nine in an Area 2, and sixteen in an Area 3. There's a total of 45 APEX giants active on the field, although they might not all focus on you guys, at least not immediately. That being said, they are not Minions.

Sheema and Mandragora, since you two are the ones who have invested the most downtimes in it, you may spend successes from the Working on the Wildling Animal Farm Downtime Action to assist with this battle! The two of you can decide jointly how many total successes you wish to spend. Sheema, you may also spend successes from the Fight a Rhino Win a Prize Downtime Action. For each three successes spent, Sheema and Makhana roll up to town with enough Perallan Beasts backing them up to account for one of the giants themselves, functionally removing them from the field! If either of you still have Downtimes you want to spend adding more successes for this you may; other PCs may not (I mean, they're welcome to spend their Downtimes for farm stuff if they want, but those successes can't be spent here).

Anyone who still has sheet updates and stuff to make, now's the time!

All PCs are on turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-02-27 at 04:00 AM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Everyone overthinks things. Speedsters get to overthink them the most, though, because of the way their brain works. If they are truly masochistic, they can spend 'hours' in each second of their life, turning everything into a patient nightmare. Josh had done it once or twice, when he was desperate to process something to a complete degree. But it was unhealthy - the first time he seriously tried it, he had a breakdown and ran off on the team. Or tried to. And you grew to live without that whole part of your powerset, because it wasn't worth the effect on your mental health. In other words, sooner or later, everybody realises that overthinking things is meaningless. But speedsters, as usual, learn it much faster than everybody else. This was a common sentiment in academia, too: "We will never find out exactly how many thought-hours a speedster can fit into a minute, because their rational minds would not survive the experiment."

So Simon threw everyone for a loop in the middle of the timestream. Then they all landed in the middle of the apocalypse, where the Heroes of Millaine were taking on what was surely the mightiest beast he had ever seen. Finally, they were left on the rank against several dozen monstrosities.

But Josh was a speedster. So he rolled his eyes, he chuckled, and he didn't stop to think about it.

Then he engaged! Through the windows, over the rooftops, and down the streets he ran about, punching down the monsters that looked like they were in the best position to hurt somebody. He kept going to the end of town, and then he...he kept going?!

Back in Ilessia

Zoooooooom!

Josh rumbled right up to the third floor of Cathy Stewart's apartment building and knocked with some restraint on her door.

"Cathy?! CATHY?! I'm totally alive! And I didn't do anything bad this time! But I'm still sorry!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Huuuuge Area Attack! Flurry of Blows, Selective Burst 3, Power Attack 5.

Giant 1 (1d20+11)[23] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 2 (1d20+11)[31] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 3 (1d20+11)[20] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 4 (1d20+11)[27] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 5 (1d20+11)[28] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 6 (1d20+11)[13] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 7 (1d20+11)[21] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 8 (1d20+11)[26] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 9 (1d20+11)[23] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 10 (1d20+11)[24] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 11 (1d20+11)[23] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 12 (1d20+11)[14] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 13 (1d20+11)[20] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 14 (1d20+11)[26] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 15 (1d20+11)[24] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 16 (1d20+11)[22] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.

Move Action: Switching my whole Array into Speed and going straight back to Cathy in Adaros.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Prior to heading through the time portal

Mandragora looked on at the fallen summoner, and felt two very different things. The first was the relief that came with the conflict ending and knowing that Legion would no longer be menacing any timelines or summoning innocents to make into his soldiers. The second... was a little bit of sadness that the summoner had ended up the way that he did. He could have had such a bright future, as evidenced by the Gestalt that Eric knows, if only he had not given in to his obsession. Heck, if he could have been stopped sooner, maybe he even could have been brought back. After all, even the supposed villain who had begun his obsession in the first place had reformed.

What could have triggered such a change? Could it happen to anyone? Why had it become such an obsession in the first place? Surely not just because some earth manipulator was going around doing whatever he wanted. Mandragora thought about it for a few minutes as the conversation carried on around him, then at last said a Deionist prayer for him beneath his breath: "May you find your peace in the realms beyond."

He barely had time to comprehend the conversation regarding Tara's fate before it was the squad's turn to return through the time portal.

--

Back in his normal timeline

It was uncertain whether Mandragora had had any time to think about what had happened with Simon during transit, but he very quickly decided that dealing with the current situation was more important. He had no idea how the Heroes of Millaine of all people were in the same place he was, or why there was Apex everywhere, but those were other things that could be figured out another time. He focused his thoughts on the plant life, and willed it to grow in a protective barrier around the innocents under attack.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Standard: Plant Growth to create a barrier between the Apex giants and their next targets. I don't remember just how large those things are, but Mandragora will be trying to protect as many people with one wall as possible.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well this had been quite the five years.

Sheema suspected absolutely nothing when she and Makhana returned to their little farm with Wulther and Aquila. She didn't question the disappearance of Arcanis' staff; she figured there was some sort of time law nonsense that forbid them from keeping it for the rest of their lives.

And of course, the very first thing she did upon returning is sign up for Hero Corps. One could not believe how ecstatic she was when she and Makhana got accepted. And one could not believe how ecstatic Makhana wasn't. Hero work simply never interest her that much. Alas, she was not leaving her effective daughter to work alone. Besides, there's always time for a hero to fight villains.

Sheema was rather a eccentric person to the rest of Hero Corps when she joined. Having a tale about time travel is gonna do that. And telling her story to the then-living Arcanis, while a memorable moment for her, didn't have the impact which she had hoped on him. Her cheerfulness, however, and her ability to lead made her stand out among the heroes. She never... really met the other heroes she knew years back. Instead she formed friendships with heroes she did know, especially Treetop.

It also helped that, among other things, her farm became a gathering place for heroes and a place to relax (the animals didn't mind, honest!). She also struck big with her novel writing after finishing and publishing Leviathan: Titan of the Seas. Something in her creative mind found its potential shining in these pages she wrote and edited. She knew she had a thing going by making it a Peral-focused book that readers in Ilessia could relate to. The fact that someone posted a picture online of Stalwart reading the book left a small chuckle from her.

She would've gotten her next one out by now had... things not happen. Unfortunately the Adaros prison break was one such thing.

---

So it was now that Sheema and Makhana were returning to Peral in what was actually years to meet with the time travelers. Sheema had told Hero Corps from the moment they disappeared that they had traveled back through time, that they were five years in the past during this time, that they should be back at any time. That, uh, clearly was not the case. So now these three other time travelers are gonna be in hot water if they are involved with what transpired while they were in the past.

The Perallan princess has changed over these five years. While her hair is still kept short, her body has been toned athletically over her years of hero work. She's stopped using most of her weapons, preferring mastering her skill with Galadhil like her future self. She also upgraded her typical kevlar armor with a nanofiber version designed by Hero Corps. The armor's futuristic design is more prevalent over her thick cloth clothing. Makhana on the other hand doesn't seem like she's changed a bit. Immortality kinda does that to you.

As she's lived much of her life here, Sheema leads Summit and their new agent to the destination point. "You wouldn't want to travel here without proper boots," she warned, preferring to ride on Makhana and offered the others the same benefit. While serious, Sheema's voice is still cheerful to Summit. It's... less so to Spectre. Sheema has her reservations bringing along an INSIDE agent after what happened with the last one they tucked into Hero Corps. Spectre has a ways before she'll earn Sheema's trust.

It is comfortable being back in Peral. She knew these rainforests well, nevermind how long Makhana has lived here. "We should be there soon," Sheema comments with a small smile. "I've been to this city once way back. I'm hoping it's been thriving. Though there's not much nowadays that can sur...prise..."

Her voice gets cut off as she looks up to the sky and sees that mutated freak of a flying scaly thing causing chaos in the skies. Makhana's rhino face flashes a wild smile. She wants to hit that thing real hard. "Wow, uh, wow. First dragon I've ever seen!" Sheema speaks as her eyes look in awe at the dragon. And here she thought she hyped up dragons too much as mythical beings in her stories.

The cries of help in the near distance propel Sheema to pat her dire rhino's head. "Mom, the town!" Makhana rears her head and charges through the rainforest, groaning slightly that she won't be able to fight the dragon as the group reaches the town under siege by giant monsters.

Boy, they must have missed something important today.

Sheema stares briefly at the massive allotment of giants surrounding the city. "...Alright, time for desperate measures," she claims, looking back at Summit and Spectre. "This'll get a bit rowdy, so hang on!" Strangely, she says this even if they aren't riding on Makhana.

They are about to find out why as Sheema puts her gloved hands to her mouth and gives a loud, distinctive bird-like whistle. Makhana gives a great roar as the dire rhino charges forward with Sheema in tow. The two smash into the giants; Makhana tramples on and through while Sheema causes a massive series of swings of Galadhil all around her.

The two Perallan heroes end up inside the town, conveniently right where Gestalt, Judy and Mandagora are. "Hey! ...Where's that speedster guy?" Her reaction is perhaps not the warm welcome they had hoped from the young woman now five years older. Makhana's glare to them is equally cold, even to Judy. The two had warmed up to each other way back. Suddenly it seems like that development withered away.

Show
    Big post here!

We're definitely gonna use those downtimes to rally some of the beasts against the giants. We'll handle that in the OOC with Born.

Makhana will attack first. She will be going after four of the giants Josh attacked. She'll be using Dire Trample with Rhino Charge. Due to being giants I'm gonna assume that they're heavy Toughness-shifted, so she will Power Attack +3/-3. DC 30 Toughness across a Cloud Area 2. Gonna make the rolls:

(1d20+7)[24]
    (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[16]
    (1d20+7)[13]

Sheema will also use Frenzied Fighter with Galadhil, using her Move Action to move alongside Makhana (since she's riding Makhana).
    She'll Power Attack +5/-5 here. DC 28 Toughness + Multiattack across a Cloud Area... Yeah that's her best area ability without Takedown.

(1d20+9)[18]
    (1d20+9)[25]
    Last edited by Starsign; 2019-03-02 at 05:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

The young woman floating beside the former Perallan Princess seemed more amused than offended by the latter's open lack of trust. Trust would be appreciated and would make their job easier, but it wasn't required. They were here for a mission - not a girls night out. If it helped her, it suited Spectre just fine if Sheema didn't trust her as long as she trusted Spectre's loyalty to the mission.

As for the last INSIDE agent in Hero Corps, he'd fulfilled his duties as a Hero admirably. Saved dozens or hundreds of people. Lead arguably the top Hero team in the city. Trained dozens of other Heros and recruited no small number. Organized the chapter into the arguably the most effect pound-for-pound Hero Corps chapter in the country. Ably managed an Apex monster outbreak in the middle of a major city. Directed the wholesale dismantling and uprooting of a feared, deeply entrenched crime syndicate. The Adaros underworld was so intimidated that the city's stubbornly high crime rate had seen a marked and measurable drop. If anything, the Heros of Adaros needed more contact with INSIDE, Spectre had finished explaining with the most polite and agreeable smile.

Spectre paid Sheema's reminiscing half a mind as they neared the town and half kept a watch on the surrounds. Why were the time travelers appearing here an now? Nothing against Peral, but this was a no-name town half a world away from Adaros. It was possible that the time travelers were appearing here by chance, but in Spectre's line of work one didn't trust coincidence too heavily.

The sight of the dragon ravaging the town also ravaged Spectre's faith that the time travellers appearing here and now was a coincidence. Spectre stared in shock. The dragon was awe-inspiring. A terrible, destructive force of nature... but still awe-inspiring. And almost certainly why the time travelers were appearing now. But was it because the time travelers were key to stopping the dragon? Or were they supposed to be casualties?

Spectre shook off the thought. She needed to save them, or her best lead went up in smoke. And save the town, if they could.

"I've got your back. We need to find them!" She shouted back to Sheema.

Spectre raced after the rhino while gaining some altitude for a better view of the town. She drew her combat knife as she soared and scanned the town. There they were. And Sheema was right on course.

Spectre dropped back to the ground to shadow the rhino, darting between several giants and delivering precise, lighting quick slashes as she flew by.

"Hun, he's Josh Miles, the Fastest Man Alive. He's probably already back in Adaros. Give him a second or two and he'll be back. I've half a mind to ask him to grab a coffee on his next trip. Do you want one too? I'll buy."

Show
    Free: Activate Combat Incorporeality, Set Spectre Movement to Ghostly Glide
    Move: Enter the town
    Standard: Attack giants with Bounding Assault. Rolls in the OOC.

Last edited by Dorni; 2019-03-05 at 10:55 PM.
    Everyone makes mistakes. Our fate and our character is not determined by the mistakes we make, but by how we react to them.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Gestalt was surprised with Simon's actions...betrayed? Just like that? So in the end, he had changed nothing from where he first started had he...

Still, that was for their confrontation. For now, it seemed they had actual problems to deal with. Civilians in danger.

Still riding a high from the revelation that yes it was over. The Master's story was done and his world gone. The future was his again, he prepares to charge into the fray, summoning his oldest friend to help

The red scaled wyvern appears in the middle of Peral, reducing a couple of things to ashes...before riding in his master's sensations and giving a very happy grin...

That looks rather scary on a dragon actually

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm making sheet modifications

So. Move and Standard; Summon Cinder Two

I'm so glad my first turn is often simple

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1

For a moment, the poor people of this tiny Perallan village wondered what they had done to so anger their ancestors. As if the most horrifying Beast in either modern record or ancient Myth was not enough, as if the raising of scores of their neighbors and friends into gargantuan abominations was not enough, now they had a small army of Beasts rushing on their village? Seriously, what could possibly be next!?

(Actually, judging by historical precedent, the answer was probably "an APEX meteor", but I suppose let's not go there.)

But then...it was like something out of stories. The Beasts did not join the giants in ravaging the village. No, quite the contrary. They crashed down upon the APEX giants like the vengeance of Peral itself. A howling, roaring, shrieking horde of fur and fang, of horn and hide, of scale and stinger, the smallest of them easily thrice the size of any similar animal from elsewhere on the world, tore into the giants like a tidal wave.

And look, it wasn't like APEX was anything less than a massive power boost. The giants punched and smashed and wrestled the behemoths of Peral and they gave as good as they got. Had it been a straight fight, APEX monster against Perallan Beast, they might even have won.

This was was no ordinary rural village. This was a Perallan village. In a frontier town like this, on a continent where giant Beasts roamed, there was not a single solitary adult who couldn't fight to defend his or her homeland with ferocity. As the animals assailed the giants, rout turned almost immediately to charge as the people of Peral struck back. With sturdy rifles and shotguns, lovingly-crafted bows and spears, razor-sharp knives, or where they had to, nothing but sticks, stones, and their own bare fists, the people of Peral entered a battle of giants. Individually, their attacks were trivial. Even collectively, they would have been lucky to bring down half a dozen of the giants in total, if they fought to the last.

But when the people and the Beasts of Peral teamed up to defend their continent, no matter how numerous, how powerful, how technologically advanced their foes had been, there had only always and ever been one historical constant:

For the enemies of Peral, it did not go swimmingly.

Spoiler: Expertise (Myth and Legend) DC 25
    Show
    There were, in fact, two constants to Peral's history of fending off invaders. It was a truth lost to the lifeless histories of paper and screen, but kept alive over the centuries mouth-to-ear, in ancient Keeper tradition. Few knew their names. Almost none knew the full scope of their deeds. But the living memory of Peral knew: every time an outside force had invaded the Great Continent, the Beasts of Peral had joined its people in their defense.

And every time, the Beasts were led by a living Legend.

After Sheema and Makhana brought a "few friends" to the party, there were really only about eight giants still on the field who remained more-or-less unengaged.

Josh went ahead and punched all of them. And an equal number of their embattled buddies, while he was at it. Because you know, Josh and all. Most of the giants weathered his blows well enough, but one of them I dunno I guess he just kept coming back to, considering his work, and hitting again before going back off or something. It crashed unceremoniously to the ground.

Josh was in Ilessia before you could hear the thump.

Mandragora raised a wall, cutting off the nearest cluster of giants from joining their embattled brethren and attacking the Perallan civilians without Beasts to guard them.

Sheema and Makhana and a-smashing and a-stabbing through a quartet of giants. With their sheer size and strength, the giants help up fairly well against Makhana's assault, but Sheema's was another matter.

The humble spear was still widely considered one of the most important weapons on Peral. Oh, sure, it lacked the range and penetrating power of a gun, but against Beast-scale opponents, guns only did so much. Many Beasts could shrug off all but the largest of rounds, and more than a few could close from a gun's maximum effective range to face-chewing distance as fast as a skilled marksman could reload. But once a Beast was in close, a spear offered reach, it offered leverage, and most importantly, it offered a long enough haft and a sharp enough tip to set against a charge. A Beast may have been tremendously physically powerful, and may have had a certain amount of professional disdain for the laws of physics (not nearly as much as Dreamers, but still), but they were still at the end of the day creatures of flesh and blood. When you took that kind of mass and power, and rammed it into a well-placed spear, it was going to cause some serious damage.

And the whole equation only became so much worse when the spear in question was completely indestructible.

Spectre ghosted in after the Perallans, laying into the giants with her deadly knife. Big as they were, the giants were still fundamentally human; Spectre laid open some serious wounds, the worst of which a severed artery that sent blood gushing like a fire host from one of the giants' legs, an injury only more severe for such a large creature.

And then, because we haven't had enough dragon, Cinder 2 entered the fray!

Deeming the cluster of giants well in hand, Summit approached the nearest one at a steady walk. With every step, he conjured and hurled a piece of earth its way; crushing boulders, piercing stalactites, shearing shards of shale. He pounded at its defenses with a brute force bombardment that left it holding its arms up to protect its face as best it could.

And then there was Judy. The mighty artificer had been whisked through time, facing peril and adventure at every turn! She had stared down some of the most powerful villains in Ilessia! This was not the Judy of old, but a more savvy, more experienced Judy! She knew what role her mighty technology could best play in such a battle as this!

She turned invisible. Because all that experience had helpfully told her that giant superpowered monsters are scary and dangerous and sensible people should try to draw as little attention from them as possible!

So, you know, I suppose that makes her the most sane person in this entire village. Well done, Judy.

But the APEX-fueled giants weren't going to let a few scratches, bruises, and horrible gaping, bleeding wounds stop them! Two of the giants went for Spectre with the instinctive coordination of pack hunters, lunging in to grapple and rend her, while the other two came at Sheema and Makhana with huge fists swinging! The sole unwounded giant leaped into the fray against Gestalt, Mandragora, and Cinder 2, coming down with such force that it sent powerful shockwaves rolling over the three of them. The giant facing Summit reeled back to try and punt him from the field. The final giant...mainly seemed to be looking around to find whatever had hit it!

Spoiler
    Show
    Judy:
    Free: Swap to and activate Cloaking Device.
    Move: Obscure position/take cover.
    Standard: Defend.

Giant 1:
    Move: Staggered.
    Standard: Attack Sheema with Crushing Blow at (1d20+6)[8]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness, Strength or Dodge DC 22 vs. Fast Grab. Miss

Giant 2:
    Free: Swap to Pack Tactics.
    Standard: Aid Giant 3 against Spectre at (1d20+19)[21]. Yeah only way it could have failed was a 1, Aid is easy.
    Reaction: Pack Tactics triggers. Perception-Close attack. Spectre roll Will DC 19 vs. Vulnerable/Defenseless against Giant 3 only. This attack has Instant Recovery.

Giant 3:
    Standard: Attack Spectre with Crushing Blow at (1d20+11)[31] after Aid, Deflected at (1d10+22)[29] minus any penalties from Pack Tactics. On a hit, Toughness DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness, Strength or Dodge DC 22 vs. Fast Grab. Crit immunity is a glorious thing.
    Still hits though.

Giant 4:
    Move: Dazed.
    Standard: Attack Makhana with Crushing Blow at (1d20+6)[23]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness, Strength or Dodge DC 22 vs. Fast Grab. Hit

Giant 5:
    Standard: Attack Summit with Heavy Slam at (1d20+6)[7]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27 vs. Damage, Strength DC 16 after Half Immunity or be sent flying Distance Rank 10. Miss

Giant 6:
    Move: Into AB21.
    Standard: Shockwave Strike. Mandragora, Gestalt, and Cinder 2, give me Dodge DC 19 for half, Toughness DC 24/19 vs. Damage and Fortitude DC 19/14 vs. Vulnerable/Stunned.

Giant 7:
    Standard: Ready an action.

All PCs are on turn.

Josh

In Peral, it was a bright and sunny day, dragon-weather notwithstanding.

In Ilessia, it was kinda the middle of the night.

Jolted awake from a sound sleep by the sudden and surprising return of her months-missing boyfriend, Cathy of course immediately responded in the way that anyone would!

"Bluh-whuh...?"

EPIC ROMANCE!
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-03-07 at 02:24 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ilessia

He shook his head.

"It's Josh! I was in a different time zone, I mean, timeline, I mean...I'm also in a different time zone. Hang on, I'll be right back."

Peral

"Ceiling fan!"

There was a loud crash and bang as Miles shoved what looked like several metallic fanblades into the back of one of the remaining monsters. He was back, and he announced it with punches and kicks and tackles. His route around town finished on top of a flaming house, a perch adjacent to Makhana and Sheema. His eyes were locked, however, on Spectre.

"Hey. You SIDE? Where's Simon?"

There was what looked like several recent news printouts, crumpled and stashed in his belt. The roaring flames drew closer to him across the rooftop, but before they could reach, Josh winced and turned his molecules insubstantial with that typical red glow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: To AN22.
    Standard Action: Flurry of Blows on all fools with All-Out Power Attack 5.

Not sure if I can hit everybody but I will put a roll in for all of them just in case.

Giant 1 Attack (1d20+16)[20] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 2 Attack (1d20+16)[25] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 3 Attack (1d20+16)[29] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 4 Attack (1d20+16)[34] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 5 Attack (1d20+16)[17] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 6 Attack (1d20+16)[22] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.
    Giant 7 Attack (1d20+16)[18] for DC 26+Multiattack Damage.

Free Action: Go Insubstantial, if that's okay.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's actually my question for you. Your farmer friend here says all of you have been time travelling with Simon." Spectre answered, her tone conveying her not-quite-disbelief-but-not-quite-belief-either. "Which means you're technically the last ones to see him, and both I and SIDE have questions for you."

She paid the giants rushing her only half a mind. They were threatening, certainly, but seeing an APEX-breathing dragon that dwarfed a skyscraper in the eye of both a cyclone and sentient whirlpool under a blood-red sky had a way of resetting one's view of the world. Compared to that, the giants were merely unpleasant. That, and while the veritable circus that Sheema had brought with her had made for an uncomfortable trip, they were making short work of the giants.

As things stood it was possible to contain the rest of the giant outbreak and save these villagers. Securing the time-travellers came first, but they probably didn't pose a flight risk. If they had, they wouldn't be fighting right now. If their reputations were correct, helping them protect the villagers would be a good way to make a good first impression and gain their cooperation. Her gaze lingered on the villagers, fighting for their lives and homes with whatever makeshift weapons they had on hand while a terrified kids huddled. Helping them was the right call.

It was at that moment of inattention that cost Spectre. When the pair of giants rushed her, she mis-timed her phase. Not by much, but enough for one of the giants to briefly grab her in his huge fist. However, she hadn't reached her position by being a glorified go-between for field agents. She reacted instantly by finishing her shift and gliding right out of the giant's hand before he could follow up his lucky grab. She followed it up by flickering between the nearest giants and continuing her onslaught of quick, precise slashes.

"But how about we save these people first? We can settle this after."

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Attack with Bounding Assault, AoA/PA 5. On hit, DC 30 Toughness vs Damage.
    Giant 1: (1d20+8)[23]
    Giant 2: (1d20+8)[19]
    Giant 3: (1d20+8)[17]
    Free: Change main array to Full Spectre
    Move: To AI17

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Look at them all!

Even in the heat of battle, Sheema took a moment to watch the incredible horde of beasts rush in at her call. She'd never seen the sheer amount of them together, much less fighting alongside the people of the village. It's like a story out of Perallan legends, how a living Legend led the beasts and people to fight back together against invading enemies and monsters.

...Wait. A living Legend uniting beast and human against enemies?

Nah, it couldn't be... Could it?

There isn't any time to think about it as Sheema leaps off and rolls across the ground to avoid one of the giant's large fists. Getting hit by that would probably hurt a bit. Another one of the remaining giants slams its leg down between the two, separating the princess and her dire rhino. Not that Sheema's worried; Mom knows her way out of these messes.

It's probably for the best that Sheema couldn't see, as one of the other giants slammed and knocked over and bound the dire rhino with its impressive strength. Now Makhana has no experience fighting APEX-radiated creatures but in front of a lot of beasts, she has no excuse for being this clumsy.

On the other hand, fighting in Peral is always a fun challenge. It'd be lame if they couldn't hit hard enough!

As far as strategies go, Sheema keeps her current course, now darting through and between the giants' legs on her own feet, striking and stabbing at the giants with Galadhil. Almost coincidentally she passed over Makhana without catching eye on the dire rhino's plan. A mutual bond can mean a lot.

In this case, it means Sheema should stay back as the dire rhino gets to her knees under the giant's fist. Makhana lifts her front hooves and smashes them into the ground. A shockwave emerges, quaking the ground and threatening to bring the giants surrounding her to their knees!

Show
    Alrighty! Sheema will use Frenzied Fighter, run away from Makhana, and attack Giant 1 and 2. I believe this also causes the cloud effect from last turn to go off, so they have to roll for last round as well. Power Attack +5/-5. DC 28+Multiattack Toughness on hit:
    Giant 1: (1d20+9)[10]
    Giant 2: (1d20+9)[27]

Makhana will use Shockwave Stomp with Sheema hopefully away from the Burst Area. This should hit Giants 1 through 4. Makhana has Deflect 8 (Secondary Effect, Reduced Range [Close]); Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion 2) for this turn. DC 27 Toughness for all four giants.

17. - Top - End - #167

Kobold

The vine man almost wouldn't have recognized Sheema charging onto the scene if it weren't for two very important and obvious things. One was the spear that she had made a clear point of bringing with her after disarming its previous owner. The second (and more important) was the massive dire rhino she came charging in on. Mandragora had seen other dire rhinos in documentaries before having met Makhana, but even if not for the size difference, there was no mistaking any other dire rhino for the majesty presented by the queen of rhinos.

Before he could call out, though, Mandragora was forced to take evasive maneuvers by launching himself out of the path of one of the giants' shockwaves. Thankfully, he managed to catch only the spray of rocks, dirt, and uprooted plants at its edge. He then planted himself in place, and called out "Sheema, Aquila," as he flung his vines at several of the nearby giants, "I'm glad to see you again, but when are we?"

Show

Favored Environment: +2 circumstance is going toward attacks this round.
    Move: To AG20.
    Standard: Use multiattack to Vine Lash giants 1, 2, 3, and 6. All-out attack 2, power attack 3. On a hit DC 29 Toughness vs. damage, and DC 24/21 Strength/Dodge vs. grab.
    Giant 1: (1d20+8)[18]
    Giant 2: (1d20+8)[22]
    Giant 3: (1d20+8)[17]
    Giant 6: (1d20+8)[17]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Well this was a problem. Now that he thought better about it, the jungle was no place for Cinder Two really.

Might aswell make the best of it. So he couldn't order him to breath fire, well he still had a lot of dragon muscle

So, uncaring of the trees in his way, Cinder Two picks out the closest target, conveniently arranged in front of him, and takes him for a ride through breaking trees

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Round 2

WHUMP!

WHAM!

THUD!

In less time than the telling would take, three more giants went down under a barrage of punches and kicks, slashes and stabs, crushing vines and...ceiling fans? Huh. Two more were badly injured, and one of those then had the misfortune of taking a wyvern to the midsection. With four-fifths of the giants engaged by Perallan Beasts, half of the remaining incapacitated, and half of the rest badly hurt, this battle was looking well in hand! This day could pretty much be written off as saved!

...Until a well flooded over.

You'd think that giant elementals would be kinda hard to tell apart, but while the water elemental that Darryll had summoned in the future had been a roughly-humanoid form composed of water...this was more like a monsoon that had learned how to hate. A roiling, frothing waterspout towering over a hundred feet tall, with five writhing tributaries whipping around it like tentacles. All along its mass, the foaming water briefly formed dozens of human faces, appearing and disappearing. They howled, snarled, and cackled silently in the brief seconds before they vanished.

The monster roared like a storm at sea...and fixed its attention on Cinder 2.

"Good! I'll kill my own dragon!" it snarled, three of its tributaries reaching out to grasp the wyvern, heave it into the air, and slam it back down upon Gestalt and Mandragora, two more simultaneously lunging towards Makhana. If they managed to grab her, they would dangle her briefly before the giant elemental, before it casually said, "Huh," and tossed her aside - unfortunately, into the same general vicinity as Sheema.

The giants roared in joyous fury and attacked with renewed vigor, two of them getting on either side of Aquila and trying to stamp him to rubble, while the other two charged and swung at the incorporeal Josh and Spectre with...well, with all the tactical acumen that APEX creatures are known for.

Spoiler
    Show
    So. Historically speaking, the Demi-Maelstrom AKA Copycat After He Done Got Controlled+Transformed By The APEX Dragon's Breath went on to slaughter thousands of people. Now, ya'll are PCs. You should know by now that I'm not one to arbitrarily preclude PC actions. I play fair. By which I mean I cheat without hesitation, but hey I pay you for the privilege in Hero Points so it's all good!

If you guys actually took the Demi-Maelstrom out here, it would kinda make a mess of another game's continuity, so of course I have a vested interest in that not happening. You may, thus, expect that I will Fiat especially freely to make sure that doesn't happen, and get him out of here once he's been beaten down badly enough. What this means for you guys is, the Demi-Maelstrom is basically a pinata full of Hero Points! Only, you know, one that will fight back with devastating APEX-fueled hydrokinesis. But close enough.

Now, while preventing the Demi-Maelstrom's rampage might make a mess of continuity, the actual details of it...eh. If the Demi-Maelstrom slaughters thousands of people, does it really matter to history if it was 5,000 or 10,000? Not so much. You know how it is. Numbers get exaggerated, the news media reports before they've fact checked their sources, initial estimates get repeated over and over on social media until they become accepted as fact, etc.

So, if you guys can chase the Demi-Maelstrom off in three or fewer rounds (i.e. he leaves on or before my Round 5 post), the beat-down you give him will prove hampering enough to halve his official kill count, saving thousands of lives. If you somehow force him to flee on his next turn (look you guys two-turned Legion I put nothing past you), it will quarter his official kill count.

Don't forget, the giants are still in play! Enemies who don't feel sufficiently engaged may take their wrath out on civilians instead!

Also, for those keeping score at home, the Demi-Maelstrom is under a the Transformed condition from an APEX effect; he is not using the exact PC stats of Copycat with his Maelstrom powers.

With that all said!

The Demi-Maelstrom:
    Move: Arrive using Follow the Current.
    Free: Swap to Maelstrom Fling.
    Standard: Attack Cinder 2 with Maelstrom Fling at (1d20+10)[18]. On a hit, Toughness DC 31 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 26 vs. Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless, Strength DC 26 or be thrown at Gestalt and Mandragora. The Affliction is Contagious, so if they get hit they also take Toughness DC 31 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 26 vs. Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless. ...Wow Cinder 2 has a Parry of -3? Uh, hit.
    Gestalt: (1d20+10)[24]. Hit if Cinder 2 fails Strength
    Mandragora: (1d20+10)[29]. Hit if Cinder 2 fails Strength
    Extra Effort - Additional Standard Action: Attack Makhana with Maelstrom Fling at (1d20+10)[15]. On a hit, same as above. If thrown, he throws Makhana at Sheema at (1d20+10)[21]. The Demi-Maelstrom buys off the Fatigue; Sheema take a Hero Point. Miss since Makhana's got some defensive buffs up

Giant 5:
    Move: Attempt to Demoralize Summit at (1d20+10)[23] vs. (1d20+12)[17]. Impaired this round
    Free: Swap to Pack Tactics.
    Standard: Aid Giant 7's attack on Summit at (1d20+19)[24]. +5
    Reaction: Pack Tactics triggers. Summit rolls Will ((1d20+10)[29]) DC 19 vs. being Vulnerable/Defenseless against Giant 7's attack. Resists

Giant 7:
    Move: Into U4.
    Standard: Attack Summit with Crushing Blow at (1d20+11)[28] unless the Aid botches. On a hit, Toughness ((1d20+16)[17]) DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness. Staggered and -7 PP of Toughness (-4 Toughness -3 Impervious) after Impaired unless Grim wishes to reroll.

Giants 4 and 6:
    Standard: Charge Spectre and Josh. Miss because they're incorporeal. -5 Intellect will do that to ya sometimes.

All PCs are on turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-03-16 at 01:27 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"It's Lurday!"

After having another one-sided boxing match with every giant on the field, Josh checked on Gestalt and Mandragora just in time to hear the latter ask his question.

"Um, fifth Decender. We missed a few months. Simon's gone, SIDE knew we were gonna be here, so they came to question us about him. Call out if you need help, I'm gonna keep going-"

Then he was up in the air, engaging the Demi-Maelstrom by throwing a spinning kick into what looked like its centre of mass. And then he did that a dozen more times before leaping away, perching himself atop another house.

"Who are you meant to be?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move to AF15.
    Standard Action: Punch all bad guys! Defensive Attack 2, Power Attack 5.

Giant 4 (1d20+9)[18] for DC 26+Multiattack Toughness damage.
    Giant 5 (1d20+9)[21] for DC 26+Multiattack Toughness damage.
    Giant 6 (1d20+9)[21] for DC 26+Multiattack Toughness damage.
    Giant 7 (1d20+9)[11] for DC 26+Multiattack Toughness damage.

Demi-Maelstrom (1d20+9)[29] for DC 26+Multiattack Toughness damage.

Move-By Action: Switch to maximum Speed and land in S17.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sheema was hoping that this would be a quick, "wrap-up-and-go-home" kinda deal. In truth, she really had little understanding of why there are giant... er, giant-er creatures in Peral. So it comes as a surprise that there's a giant watery abomination that charges forth into the town with some unfortunate semblance of sentience as it begins attacking the group.

"Oh spirits, where did this thing come from?" Her voice, along with her expression, is a mix of surprise reaching closer to dumbfounded denial. After all's said and done today, she's gonna need an explanation on how some water beast found its way into Peral.

...Hey, wait, this might be good inspiration for her next book!

Not losing her attention from the giants, Sheema waves over to Makhana and points her at the two remaining giants in the distance. The Perallan princess gives a quick twirl of Galadhil before dashing through the remaining giant near her. It can't have much left in it and she would prefer the giants gone while this watery beast isn't trying to drown every single person in town. So a rapid fury of slashes and strikes should hopefully down it in an instant.

Makhana, following Sheema's cue, charges over to the remaining two giants tragically cluttered together. Not to let her harm her allies, the dire rhino picks and tosses Summit quickly in the air before slamming her hooves down to create a brutal shockwave!

Show
    Sheema will use Mark Prey on Giant 6. She'll Power Attack +5/-5 again. She may EE to take it down it if needed. DC 28 Toughness+Multiattack and DC 23 Will+Multiattack vs Impaired+Vulnerable/Disabled+Defenseless, Extra Condition:
    (1d20+9)[28] That's a crit!

Makhana will charge forth to Giants 5 and 7 and will use Shockwave Stomp with Rhino Charge. Gonna be Selective so none of the PCs or (preferably) houses get damaged by it. DC 27 Burst Area with Deflect 8, Concealment 4 and Evasion 2 on the giants.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2019-03-17 at 10:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ending her rush of attacks on the giant, leaving a streak of slash marks on its feet, Sheema plants Galadhil's tip down into the ground next to a house, heaves herself up to the blunt tip, rests one of her feet comfortably on it, then leaps up and grabs the edge of the roof, climbing onto it with general ease.

All the world's like a jungle when you live in Peral long enough.

"Hey!" she waves over, approaching Josh. "Thanks for helping." Her voice and tone have lightened since entering the village. She really shouldn't have doubted the three time travelers. It's a genuine relief to see that they're still the same as she knew them five years ago.

She rests in a perching position similar to Josh, looking at at the big watery creature. "Jenny said the three of you would be here. I kinda wish she knew about that... thing..." Where in the world did this Maelstrom come from anyway?

A thought crosses her mind. She had something she wanted to say to the time travelers for a very long time. No better time than now. "Oh, right. I'm... glad we didn't take those two back." She's embarrassed to say their names out loud. If she could go back five years, she would have strangled her younger self for trusting Tara. What was Sheema thinking?!
    Last edited by Starsign; 2019-03-19 at 08:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Hey, how ya doin'?" Josh addressed Sheema coolly, never taking his eyes off the monster.

"Oh yeah, that thing from a few minutes ago? No big deal. How is Jenny, anyway? It's been a while."
    Last edited by manwithaplan; 2019-03-19 at 08:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Happy to answer the easier question, Sheema replies with a chirpy, "I joined Hero Corps once we got back." She always did say she'd join as soon as she can. She wouldn't have been able to if they never saved her dad. "So I guess you could call me your senior now," she chuckles playfully. "Had time to write too. My new book kinda took off. I've been getting letters to write a sequel already." She doesn't see her writing as much more than a hobby when she's not busy with hero work or the animal farm. Funny how much she can get out of a hobby.

Her black-skinned smile slips to a frown, looking on at the big monster, as she begins talking about Jenny. "She's doing fine," Sheema responds uncharacteristically plainly. "She's just like the rest of us. We're all hanging in there since the funerals and-"

She cuts herself off, a visible shiver goes down her spine. This isn't an easy part to talk about. "You three missed a lot these past few months. Do you want me to start at any particular place? Or do you wanna hear it once we've wrapped this water elemental up?"

25. - Top - End - #175

Kobold

When the well exploded into a storm of dampness and fury, Mandragora couldn't help but be reminded of the story of Ezethel and the Tempest, a tale often told in Deionist temples as a prime example of Chaos gone too far. The way that thing moved, Eric feared his vines wouldn't be able to hold it. So for now, he focused on finishing off the remaining giants.

Show

Favored Environment: +2 circumstance is going toward attacks this round.
    Move: To AC13 (which looks to have cover from the maelstrom).
    Standard: Vine Lash the remaining three giants, using multiattack to hit all of them. Power Attack 2. On a hit, DC 28 Toughness versus damage and DC 23/21 Strength/Dodge versus grab.
    Giant 5: (1d20+8)[12] Huh, fairly uniformly
    Giant 6: (1d20+8)[11] craptastic
    Giant 7: (1d20+8)[11] rolls
    Last edited by Born; 2019-03-20 at 09:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh no, lets catch up now!" Spectre called, getting in on the chatty mood. The tone didn't match the efficiency with which she continued to dart and strike the monsters at all. "It'll be great! We can catch up on all the latest gossip while this entire town burns to the ground and monsters run wild! Although maybe this thing can put out the fires."

With the sudden appearance of the water monster spectre broke off from the giants and wheeled towards it. Whatever this thing was, if it could toss Cinder 2 and Makhana around like ragdolls it was capable of a lot more damage than the giants if left to run wild. While it was the opposite of what she normally did, she could also be pretty good at occupying the bad guy's attention when she needed to be. She ghosted in circles around the watery beast, slashing at any face that took shape while she looked for a way to kill this sea monster.

Even as she worked, she called to the nearby Josh, "You Heros didn't bring this thing back with you from whatever time you were in, did you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: To Q28
    Standard: Attack with Piercing Thrust. Attack (1d20+10)[18]. On hit, DC 25 + Multi Dodge vs Damage.

Deflected at 1d10+22

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

The years after the entire time travel fiasco had been...troubling for Aquila. Of course he was no longer in situation where he was about to be torn to shreds by time-traveling madman, but apart from lessening immediate danger he had not really managed to solve his longstanding issues.

Having kept in mind his promise to his alternate self, Aquila had taken time to try to persuade his earnest if misguided followers to change their focus to one less focused on destroying civilization as they knew it. It had been difficult, doubly so as he really had not had much in way of anyone to advice him on how to approach the entire matter, and as a result had simply been forced to take the time to try and get to know them before trying to show them a way less focused on combating the inevitable march of civilization. The talks with his champion had been doubly difficult, but he had made sure to make the time for them. Although some might have called it foolish way to approach the entire matter, Aquila had made it fairly clear to SIDE that he would have such discussions with her, either in visiting room or in ruined heap of whatever building she was contained in.

He had gotten those visitation rights fairly fast, even where expedited bureaucracy was concerned.

Slowly but surely, his focus had shifted out to finding the other elemental "royalty", knowing they were too powerful for anyone to simply leave be. Heroes he had been formerly fairly interested in took a backseat, and with the existence of his power-related life simply exploding in importance after they were finally returned back in time...well, most people might have dropped their studies for less. Focusing more on mending at least measure of fences with his family after keeping the secret from them for quite some time, Aquila had several somewhat uncomfortable discussions with some of the few people he truly cared about, eventually accepting a measure of compromise of tentatively working with SIDE when it came to superpowered activities. Letting a teenager run around with city-shaking power was obviously not something that the authorities would have been willing to ignore, and while he was not enthused about the publicity or taking orders, the matter did allow him to at least seek out his fellow elementalists.

One thing had led to another, and he had eventually become somewhat more accepting of SIDE, even if never above simply noting he could leave any time he wished were someone to sufficiently annoy him. And as for the rest of the events of the passing years-

A flurry of strikes from gigantic enemies snapped him out of contemplation, Summit felt himself lean back somewhat, startled...by the roaring of the massive beings, his eardrums thoroughly abused by now.

"Does nobody have courtesy to let a man finish his damn THOUGHT anymore?!" the earthen cape yelled out in bit shaken annoyance, walls of rock having popped up from the earth for brief seconds to protect him. "And you all have some nerve just showing up like this again. It has been overdue for some time, so after this we all need to have a talk!"

His earthly mantle sending roots of his presence through the surrounding soil, Summit raised his hand hastily at one of the pair of giants assailing him from both sides, directing pillars of earth to strike at the thing. Not stopping there, the controlled earth spread out from the newly created foundations, forming first a wall before looping in protective dome of earth over Summit to help avoid further attacks. A modest measure of protection against something as powerful as these gigantic brutes, but it did allow him to attack simultaneously.

While his technique might not have been developing too much throughout the years, certain things had certain ageless proof of guarantee. And it was hard to get more ageless than a rock to the face.

Show
    Attacking Giant 7 with Ramparts and forming a protective dome around Summit with the full power of Create 12 that comes with it.

(1d20+8)[14] (Ramparts attack with penalty for Impaired.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Round 3

Josh Miles punched Copycat in the face!

Err, also some giants. Sorry. There are some lines that as a GM you just look forward to writing. Moving on!

Sheema lunged in, plunging the mighty Galadhil into the remaining nearby giant. Skewered from below, the giant wavered and collapsed. Makhana, meanwhile, charged through the town like a bull in a chinashop!

(No, seriously, I saw it on Mythbusters, they just kinda moved through the aisles without touching like anything. It was practically dainty.)

She went smashing and stomping past the two giants battle Aquila. As before, where Sheema's agility and precision allowed her to strike the giants in ways they were poorly equipped to defend against, they were better able to stand up to Makhana's brute force. Although she still left one of them battered - APEX-irradiated or not, this is still the Matriarch of the Rhinos they're dealing with.

Mandragora lashed out with his vines, but as effective as they were against even superpowerfully opponents of human size, the sheer size and strength of the APEX giants allowed them to slap them aside with relative ease.

Spectre lashed out at the Demi-Maelstrom, but while hitting the living seastorm was trivial, it was still made of water. Spectre's blade passed through it harmlessly. She could feel a certain resistance, a sort of surface tension taken up several notches holding the thing together, so it presumably could be damaged by physical attacks, but its fluid form still just kinda flowed around her blows rather than resisting them directly.

The APEX giant met Aquila's pillars of earth strength to strength and smashed them aside - but though the attack was foiled, it gave the terrakinetic all the time he needed to shield himself with a barrier of solid earth.

Gestalt focused his power, charging it through his bond to his summon, and Cinder 2 unleashed an inferno from his mouth, setting one of the giants battling Aquila alight and searing the other badly.

The two giants still standing struck back with mindless fury, heedless of their wounds. One smashed its fist into Aquila's barrier. The other lashed out with a powerful kick into the dust cloud obscuring Makhana to try to drive the rhino back.

The Demi-Maelstrom, its watery form sealing over the "injury" Josh had inflicted like it was filling a bucket, reached up with its tendrils, towards the sky, towards the clouds. And in a tremendous feat of raw hydrokinesis, roaring in gleeful fury, it brought it crashing down like a liquid comet upon the greatest mass of targets in range - hero and giant alike! Driven by the rage of APEX and the pride of the upstart challenger, it cared nothing of friend or foe, but only that it could show its dominance of the field!

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant 5:
    Standard: Attack Makahana with Heavy Slam at (1d20+1)[21] after Total Concealment, Deflected at (1d10+18)[25]. Amusingly it does have Precise Attack, but for Cover, not Concealment. On the off chance it hits, Toughness DC 27 vs. Damage, Strength DC 22 or...well, be knocked back like a square, really. Natural 20 auto-hits, Deflect negates the crit.

Giant 7:
    Standard: Attack Aquila with Crushing Blow at (1d20+6)[21]. On a hit, first the barrier rolls Toughness DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Weaken Toughness. If it fails by two degrees or more, Aquila does the same, otherwise the barrier blocks the blow (taking a Bruise and maybe some Weaken if it fails by one degree). Hit

The Demi-Maelstrom:
    Move: Attempt to Demoralize Spectre at (1d20+19)[27].
    Standard: Water Control a cloud and throw the entire flipping thing at pretty much everyone in the north-western quadrant of the map. Perception-range area attack. Everyone but Spectre and Sheema, give me Toughness DC 29 vs. Damage. Summit, as long as your barrier didn't fail the above by three degrees, it rolls first for this as well.
    Giant 5: (1d20+10)[28]. Bruised
    Giant 7: (1d20+9)[17]. Bruised and Staggered
    End of Turn: Regenerates a Bruise.

All PCs are on turn.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-03-25 at 12:01 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Josh furrowed his brow.

"Do people still send letters? Isn't that a little-"

Wham!

...Okay, he was down. Unconscious on the roof, with water spilling out of his open mouth.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

While the Demi-Maelstrom was an incredible force and rightfully was a terrifying creature of awe, Spectre was still a creature of INSIDE. Just like she'd been trained, she cut out all that baggage and made sense of the monster by reducing it to a tactical assessment. And right now, her assessment was that the time travelers took priority. Saving the town would be ideal, but if they died in the process she'd lose her only lead to vindicate Daimon.

"Don't worry! I've got him!" Spectre deftly raced around the maelstrom, weaving between its tendrils to where Josh lay and snatched up the unconscious hero before racing away and flying down the coast, looking for a safe spot to deposit him until this maelstrom ended.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Swap main array to Full Spectre
    Move: Grab Josh and take him somewhere on a tranquil beach far, far away where he won't be slaughtered by copycat, thank you very much.
    Standard: move-by-action to grab Josh
    Using Fast Hands to surreptitiously plant a mini-tracer on Josh in the process. Routine Stealth 30

Free: Change main array from Full Spectre to Piercing Thrust
    Move: Nah
    Standard: Attack. Rolls in OOC.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2019-04-03 at 08:18 AM.