SwashbucklerGuy

Default Erfworld 76, page 70

BOOM! headshot
    Last edited by Xenon; 2007-09-06 at 08:56 PM. Reason: fixin typo

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Erfworld 76, Page 70

RIP Sir Leeroy, at least you had chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hehe, this is the second comic this week that I've read that made a "Boom! Headshot!" joke.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holy boop, that was awesome. I love seeing the "time to put the boots to them!" Parson. The skydive assault was also pretty sweet, took out a warlord and a Dwagon at the same time.

Anybody else think a Gwiffon swallowing a Dwagon head first too cool to comprehend for a moment?

Great comic!!!

For those of us who are married/in a relationship with a woman. We have all seen that look that Wanda has on the second to last panel. That is NOT a good look. She has a whole lot of rage inside her, just wondering who she is going to let it out on?
    Last edited by Burrito; 2007-09-06 at 09:08 PM.
    ...still keeping my jack boot on the neck of the little man...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    ...Your life isn't going to get any worse...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 76, page 70

I get the feeling that Stanley's going to explode at Wanda next page. At least Leeroy got chicken, and Parson's got a back-up strategy.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 76, Page 70

Well, that seems to settle the question of whether Jillian has well and truly thrown off Wanda's influence....

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yeouch! orders to croak.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Parson doesn't have a strategy, he's just trying to fight as best he can. He can still win, theoretically, but it's pretty much game over. As a main character Jillian, can't die this early in the comic. So we know that any attempt to kill her ins pointless so in a meta way, that's another reason why she will win this. I really have no idea what the authors could possibly be thinking here but I don't like it.

Too bad about Leroy. He was my favorite and yes, as someone said below, the chicken quote is rather more touching this time around then it EVER was on the YouTube version. RIP Leroy.

And really. Since the Giant is the one putting these comic pages up can he PLEASE forbid users making the page threads. Four threads is excessive. Erfworld is to popular now to not have to add this measure in.

PS. To those that thought Jillian wasn't attacking the warlords, you can feel really stupid now.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2007-09-06 at 09:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Yes but the real question is which thread gets the sticky? How does that happen anyhow?
    Arena Initiate Referee

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

4 discussion threads, I wonder how many you usually get.

My predictions for this thread
    People will argue endlessly about Jillians jump, trying to interpret a cinematic action as somthing that can be explained in game numbers.
    at least 1 person will claim that Jillian intends to betray Ansom and attack an archon or somthing.
    There will be at least 1 link to the leeroy jenkins video on youtube.
    There will be discussion over whether Parson or Wanda is going to get in trouble for this.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Yeouch! orders to croak.
    Yeah, What's up with that. Maybe he still thinks this is all in his head. Either that or he never had any cumpulsion against killing. Still, I'd think he'd hesitate even just a little bit. Hmm. Or he knows that if Stanley loses he's croaked, and everyone else be damned.

I didn't get the chicken joke, can someone clue me in?

Edit: Fixed some grammer errors.
    Last edited by Lazy Fat Man; 2007-09-06 at 09:19 PM.
    Lazymancer

I edit a lot because my grammer sucks a lot.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't think I'd ever be moved by the words, "At least he has chicken." Reminds me of the line, "That was our arrangement. A meal and a place to hide," from Battle Beyond the Stars (I don't remember if it was mentioned in The Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven as well).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, really didn't see these last two coming. Wonder what the story is going to unfold like? Now, is Jetstone still stuck? Seems like Parson is sacrificing the trap he laid for Jetstone in an attempt to take out Jill, and that really doesn't make much sense at all.
    One Angry Dwarf.

Currently running:
    Krysanadar, my homebrew campaign with info-site here.

Currently playing:
    Erasmus in Crisis of Iron

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    And really. Since the Giant is the one putting these comic pages up can he PLEASE forbid users making the page threads. Four threads is excessive. Erfworld is to popular now to not have to add this measure in.
    I think that a policy change that involves putting an extra task on Rich (either to start the new thread or to give Rob a heads-up to do so) is a non-starter; the guy is trying to get some rest.

It all shakes out in an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fat Man View Post
    Yeah, What's up with that. Maybe he still thinks this is all in his head. Either that or he never had any cumpulsion against killing. Still, I'ds think he'd hesitate even just a little bit. Hmm. Or he knows that if stanley loses he croaks, and everyone else be damned.
    Interesting question -- is Parson still treating it like a game, or is he making a cold pragmatic decision that in war, you kill the enemy when you get the chance and don't have a reason not to?

In hard practical terms, he doesn't really have the luxury of going for the capture; at the very least, that means one dwagon loses its breath weapon or claws to keep hold of the prisoner during the battle.

It's from the original Leeroy Jenkins video -- when berated for ignoring the plans, he explains that he was away from the keyboard making a chicken dish, and shrugs it off saying "At least I have chicken".
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-09-06 at 09:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbright View Post
    Okay, really didn't see these last two coming. Wonder what the story is going to unfold like? Now, is Jetstone still stuck? Seems like Parson is sacrificing the trap he laid for Jetstone in an attempt to take out Jill, and that really doesn't make much sense at all.
    Actually it makes perfect sense, the three stacks are all in the same hex, he can only command their counterattack, their chances of survial are 40% anyway, those go up significantly if they take out jillian, and even if the archons finish them off, they just took out a powerful coalition warlord
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #16

Oh and notice the dwagon's head swallowed by a gwiffon in the jump shot.
    Arena Initiate Referee

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Leeroy is naturally based on the well known WoW Leeroy video, at the end of the video Leeroy says "at least I got chicken".

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakron View Post
    Leeroy is naturally based on the well known WoW Leeroy video, at the end of the video Leeroy says "at least I got chicken".
    I've never seen the video and never got the jokes. Can someone link to it?
    Rhuna Coppermane, half-orc for hire
    Ranger, pantheist, protector of neophytes

Member, Redcloak Fanclub

19. - Top - End - #19

Well, now that they know Jillian's been used for sneaky things, she's outlived her usefulness. I'm sure Wanda won't mind using croakamancy to make Jillian into a useful tool for Godwin Knob, if the opportunity arises. If it's possible to animate forces that used to be opposed.

That jump looks really awkward in the middle of an air battle, I think that Parson's decision to go after her is the right one, especially because it might mean that he can retreat the rest of the dwagons more leisurely. Jillian must be really vulnerable right now, unless that jump was just for mega-fluff, and she will cause a considerable amount of trouble in the future, now that most of her potential as a warrior has been realized.

It's interesting because they've already used Jillian in super villain-level skull drudgery, including interrupting matters of "love", and still it is easy to empathize with Stanley, Wanda, and Parson. Some people might not agree about that. This is interesting.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

i sees water, that kills the she skipped to the forest theory some people had :P

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    I've started trying to be the first to post threads up to prevent multiple people putting up threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredtower View Post
    I didn't think I'd ever be moved by the words, "At least he has chicken." Reminds me of the line, "That was our arrangement. A meal and a place to hide," from Battle Beyond the Stars (I don't remember if it was mentioned in The Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven as well).
    Actualy, it's another reference to the Leeroy Jekens video. The last line in it is: "At least I have chicken".

Edit:I really need to learn to take less time in my proof-readings.
    Last edited by Justyn; 2007-09-06 at 09:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Thanks Steve MB, Drakon and Justyn for the info. Just watched the video again, I had never watched it all the way to the end.

On another note, I never understood how killing the A dragons saves Ansom.
    Won't all the B dragons automatically attack Ansom on Stanley's next turn. Is it assumed that Ansom can take care of himself against the B dragons?
    Last edited by Lazy Fat Man; 2007-09-06 at 09:25 PM.
    Lazymancer

I edit a lot because my grammer sucks a lot.

23. - Top - End - #23

I guess this thread is getting the unofficial stamp of approval...

so anyone notice the dwagon's head swallowed by a gwiffon in the jump shot.
    Arena Initiate Referee

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Dunno, but the Archons (who supposedly know what they're doing) make a point of noting that croaking all the wounded dwagons would save Ansom.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #25

Of course, it should be Leeroy in that stack, instead of Manpower. Then the joke meshes together.

But God Damnit, Leeroy! Jillian!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Erfworld 76, page 70

Okay. Link: Leeeeeroooooy Jeeeeeeennnnkinnnnssss! ...Oh, on further review, there is some cursing in the video. So proceed at your own risk.

And I just want to say I love the expression on Parson's face coupled with "...at least he got chicken."
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-09-06 at 09:34 PM.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by galdon View Post
    i sees water, that kills the she skipped to the forest theory some people had :P
    Well, that and the fact that she just bisected Leeroy. But yeah. I think we can also say that parson is pissed off about it. Hmmm, if they croak her, will Wanda uncroak her? This could be quite interesting.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    Of course, it should be Leeroy in that stack, instead of Manpower. Then the joke meshes together.

But God Damnit, Leeroy! Jillian!
    Check again, it was leeroy, Manpower wasn't half-skull
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #29

Won't all the B dragons automatically attack Ansom on Stanley's next turn. Is it assumed that Ansom can take care of himself against the B dragons?
    First, taking out the wounded dwagons means they can't be added to the attack on Ansom's force (remember, they'll heal at the beginning of Stanley's turn -- if they aren't croaked first). Second, taking out the warlords prevents them from focusing their attacks selectively, presumably on Ansom himself (though we still don't know for sure how that works with warlords on both sides trying to guide the engagement in mutually exclusive ways).

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks Steve MB, Drakon and Justyn for the info. Just watched the video again, I had never watched it all the way to the end.

Since Ansom could take care of himself against the B dragons AND the healed A dragons plus the 3 warlord if Jillian and the Archon came to help him then yes, he can easely take care of himself if there is no longer any A dragons or warlords. Beside the B dragons alone dont have any warlord and which doesnt only means that they cant do the hit and run tactic again but also that they dont have any leadership bonus while the woods elves have Ansom, Vinny and Tarfu.
    In memory of lord Shojo