Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 574
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sellersville PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    THE SAVAGE TIDE III: TIDES OF DREAD

    The colony of Farshore has survived on its own for years, a secluded and struggling hamlet perched on the western shore of the tiny island of Temute. An island dwarfed by the savage landscape across a narrow channel to the north, a landscape of rugged mountains, tangled jungles, and trackless swamps. This is the Isle of Dread, and its resources and hidden treasures are matched only by its peril. Yet for all these dangers, what may bring doom to Farshore is not an invasion of inhuman monsters from the mainland, but an invasion of all-too-human monsters from across the sea.



    As what remains of the crew and colonists from the Sea Wyvern are rowed in by the Olman guides transporting them, they see a terrible sight ...

    Screams fill the smoke-filled air as cackling, howling men dressed in filthy armor and waving rusty, ragged weapons press the attack against Farshore's unorganized defense. Up the hill, several buildings have been lit on fire, and issuing from one nearby are frantic screams. Lying in the sand in front of another building is the body of a well-dressed man with a bloody wound to the chest and a savage gash across his face. His body is surrounded by fragile glassware spilled from a case he was carrying. His chest rises and falls feebly, though for how much longer is uncertain.

    Further south, a large band of filthy men are happily smashing in the windows of what appears to be a chapel. More pirates are busy trying to bash in the chapel's front doors with a heavy wooden beam. Terrified screams coming from within punctuate each of the ram's blows.

    Nearby, a hulking half-ore with blotchy, yellow skin and a leering, toothy smile chases a red-haired young woman around a neighboring building, shouting lurid propositions.

    Deeper in the village, a group of young men armed with swords make a stand against what appears to be the pirate leader, a tall and dangerous-looking human who laughs as he deflects their attacks with obvious ease.

    Finally, a group of colonists desperately try to extinguish a fire consuming a large building to the southeast, while others brave the flames to rescue its contents. More commotion can be heard from deeper in the village, but the thick, billowing smoke effectively masks what is transpiring there.

    The Olman guides want nothing to do with the fight, but are willing to row up quietly and allow the PCs (and remaining colonists) to debark at the northenmost pier of the Farshore waterfront.

    Rabbi Cohen, Tom, Skald ... do you take a couple rounds to discuss what to do and make sure the remaining colonists are safely disembarked on the pier before you go sailing headlong into the unknown?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-06-03 at 12:35 AM.
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Rite Publishing's 101 6th-Level Spells (Russell, 2010), and it is approved for play, with the exception of the spell soul vulture.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "I think you know my skills would be best set against the band trying to enter the chapel. What say you?"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Eliezer nods to Skald. "Take Shouting Tree and his panther with you.

    "In the meantime ... I am going to go help the man that I see bleeding on the ground.

    "Lord Meravanchi, we are finally at Farshore. Show these peasants what noblesse oblige is all about! Take out that big half-orc and rescue the damsel, if it please your lordship. Such a fine battle will be quite the dramatic entrance, I assure you.

    "Tom, I need you with your healing and cold powers to help the colonists fight that big fire. Fires need heat, air, and fuel. Take the heat out of the equation. I leave it to your judgment once you get there.

    "Tavey, we don't know what the enemy count is here. You've been coming along well, son. I look to you to protect the people here on this pier from any roving pirates.

    "If there are no questions, head out!"
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sellersville PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "I will not leave so many of 'our people' behind to save just one person," says Avner Meravanchi. "I shall stay here and take Mr. Nesk under my command and protect the colonists we brought with us."

    Tavey rolls his eyes, and then nods.

    Rabbi Cohen, you know that you won't get any further with Lord Meravanchi on this ... and time is a-wasting.

    Skald, are you fine with Shouting Tree and his panther going with you?
    Tom, do you agree with what Lazer told you, or do you wish to counter?
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Rite Publishing's 101 6th-Level Spells (Russell, 2010), and it is approved for play, with the exception of the spell soul vulture.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald nods his agreement.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom also agrees.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "Fall out!" says Eliezer, and then flies off to his task of helping the fallen man.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom figures that his frost magic will make a decent dent in the fire. He starts working his way toward the warehouse, trying to avoid catching the attention of the pirates...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald looks to Shouting Tree and says, "I will become airborne and take out as many enemies as I can from the sky." and lifts off the ground with a nod.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona was busy tinkering with her latest contraption when a horrified scream came through her window. Quickly setting it aside, she grabbed her Force Fist and came rushing out of her workshop to see one of her neighbors being chased by a rather disgusting half-orc who never learned no meant no. Looks like she's gonna have to teach this schmuck a lesson.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Once I'm nearby, I'll set up a Studied Combat (It lasts 6 rounds) and interpose myself between the half-orc and the maiden. I'll then attack it as soon as it gets in range and spend a SP for maximum damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hatfield, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    A simply dressed farmer is walking into town on the East road. A shimmering disk of force hovers a few feet above the ground behind him. Baskets filled with fresh vegetables are stacked on the disk and a black spotted orange cat is curled up sleeping among them. As they approach the East gate, the cat springs to its feet and speaks a warning in a strange language. The young man is wearing a floppy hat constructed of long thin leaves and he has it pulled low over his eyes as if the bright sun bothers him. He pushes the hat back at the cats warning exposing his concerned blond bearded face and startling green eyes.
    “yes! I hear it too. So loud...It bangs on the moody blues. Bad Company and dirty deeds in the village, and there is smoke on the water. Rusty, will you fly like an eagle and see what is going on? I will link our minds. Be careful my friend!”
    Spoiler
    Show

    spells used today: floating disk (1)
    ability used today: telepathic bond 1x per day
    with Rusty’s guidance, Hogarth will determine the closest threat and head towards it.
    Sorry for the gimmicky dialogue. It’s hard to sound inscrutable.

    the shimmering disk winks out of existence and vegetables tumble to the ground unnoticed as the orange cat takes to the air , waits for the link and then zips into the sky over the village. The young man then walks quickly through the East gate of Fareshore.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin was doing his special brand of cooking at The Last Coconut when the noise from the front room seems to have gotten rowdy. Curious at the disturbance, Corrin investigates to find that that the ruckus wasn't coming from drunk patrons, but from the village outside. Corrin creates an illusory script in the air before Malfus, telling him to be wary and that he was heading out to investigate. After seeing to his magical defenses, Corrin steps outside as silently as possible and grimaces at the smoke and flame. Corrin turns to fight this attack on his home at the closest location, the chapel next door.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Aegis 3 times. 1 time for +2 deflection AC (normal aegis +1, +1 per 5 CL) 2nd time for +4 Armor AC (Armored Aegis +3, +1 per 5 CL) and a 3rd time for +2 shield AC (Armored Aegis +1, +1 per 5 CL)
    12/15 SP after buffs
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sellersville PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Event #2: Bleeding Out (Eliezer)
    Spoiler: Rabbi Cohen
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    "Fall out!" says Eliezer, and then flies off to his task of helping the fallen man.
    Eliezer lands next to the older, well-dressed man. He has a sucking chest wound and is unconscious. What does Eliezer do?



    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    Skald looks to Shouting Tree and says, "I will become airborne and take out as many enemies as I can from the sky." and lifts off the ground with a nod.
    Terrified screams come from within this large, simple church. A group of pasty-skinned brutes are the cause -- two of the five pirates assaulting the church amuse themselves by breaking out windows and leering in at the colonists cowering inside. The other three use a makeshift battering ram to break the barricaded front doors down.

    Skald, it will take Shouting Tree a little bit to catch up. Assume your altitude (due to various smoke cover) is no higher than 20' and you are 30' away when you move past a building and see this scene. What do you do?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Corrin was doing his special brand of cooking at The Last Coconut when the noise from the front room seems to have gotten rowdy. Curious at the disturbance, Corrin investigates to find that that the ruckus wasn't coming from drunk patrons, but from the village outside. Corrin creates an illusory script in the air before Malfus, telling him to be wary and that he was heading out to investigate. After seeing to his magical defenses, Corrin steps outside as silently as possible and grimaces at the smoke and flame. Corrin turns to fight this attack on his home at the closest location, the chapel next door.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Aegis 3 times. 1 time for +2 deflection AC (normal aegis +1, +1 per 5 CL) 2nd time for +4 Armor AC (Armored Aegis +3, +1 per 5 CL) and a 3rd time for +2 shield AC (Armored Aegis +1, +1 per 5 CL)
    12/15 SP after buffs
    Corrin casts aegis his first time. As he does so, terrified screams come from the direction of the church in town. He has two more rounds of casting protections for himself (as above). Does he take that time, or respond to the crisis?



    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Vona was busy tinkering with her latest contraption when a horrified scream came through her window. Quickly setting it aside, she grabbed her Force Fist and came rushing out of her workshop to see one of her neighbors being chased by a rather disgusting half-orc who never learned no meant no. Looks like she's gonna have to teach this schmuck a lesson.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Once I'm nearby, I'll set up a Studied Combat (It lasts 6 rounds) and interpose myself between the half-orc and the maiden. I'll then attack it as soon as it gets in range and spend a SP for maximum damage.
    A muscle-bound pirate, his pus-yellow skin patchy with warts, doggedly pursues a red-haired woman around the building (30' away). Still, it was enough of a look for Vona to have a sense of the mook. Vona runs around the building and sees she's going to have her work cut out for her as she's going to have to chase this half-orc down as it takes as circuitous a path as the woman leads it on, and Vona took a double move to try to catch up and get another glimpse. Keep chase, yes?



    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Tom Underhill
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami Monsoon View Post
    Tom figures that his frost magic will make a decent dent in the fire. He starts working his way toward the warehouse, trying to avoid catching the attention of the pirates...
    Tom begins making his way there. It may take a few rounds because of the distance and Tom is moving at half speed to use stealth.

    Spoiler: Hoggie & Rusty
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    A simply dressed farmer is walking into town on the East road. A shimmering disk of force hovers a few feet above the ground behind him. Baskets filled with fresh vegetables are stacked on the disk and a black spotted orange cat is curled up sleeping among them. As they approach the East gate, the cat springs to its feet and speaks a warning in a strange language. The young man is wearing a floppy hat constructed of long thin leaves and he has it pulled low over his eyes as if the bright sun bothers him. He pushes the hat back at the cats warning exposing his concerned blond bearded face and startling green eyes.
    “yes! I hear it too. So loud...It bangs on the moody blues. Bad Company and dirty deeds in the village, and there is smoke on the water. Rusty, will you fly like an eagle and see what is going on? I will link our minds. Be careful my friend!”

    The shimmering disk winks out of existence and vegetables tumble to the ground unnoticed as the orange cat takes to the air, waits for the link, and then zips into the sky over the village. The young man then walks quickly through the East gate of Fareshore.
    "Boss!" comes Rusty's tepe. "The Farshore Hall or Records is on fire and there are people inside!"

    Despite the dangerous event, Hoggie walks ... quickly ... through the eastern gate of Farshore and towards the Hall of Records. What does Hoggie do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-06-14 at 12:05 AM.
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Rite Publishing's 101 6th-Level Spells (Russell, 2010), and it is approved for play, with the exception of the spell soul vulture.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Silently gritting his teeth at the sound of distress nearby, Corrin forces himself to remain calm enough to cast his second protective spell before stealthily exiting the Last Coconut to see what the situation is nearby.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Instead of waiting for all three, I'll split the difference and get 2 up before seeing what is going on outside.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Originating from the point of the doors, Skald will summon a Fog Cloud to block the fiends view and then, in case he was spotted by anyone in the group move to a different location while closing the distance slightly. Not more than 10' closer.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hatfield, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie picks up the pace and begins to run to the hall of records.
    [spoilier=Hoggie tepe Rusty]
    “cause when the feelins right, I’m gonna run all night. I’m gonna run to you.”

    [/spoiler]


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom keeps moving toward the warehouse. If there are no obvious enemies close to him, he will pick up the pace...

    Spoiler
    Show
    His plan is to dump a Sleet Storm or two into the center of the fire once he's in range. The range on that spell is huge... 760 feet.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Activating one of the prayer beads on his wrist, Rabbi Cohen casts CSW on the fallen man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure (3d8+5)[15]

    He will then help the man to his feet. "Go! Seek shelter. If you can make it to the northern pier, we have help there."

    Eliezer will then activate his holy aura.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona grunted in frustration. She really should have built some sort of running stilts for cases like these, but it came up so rarely that she kept putting it off. Running after these guys is just asking for trouble. Thinking on her feet, she positions herself between the two nearest buildings and shouts to her. "Barbara! Bring him this way! I'm in the alley between the Jonson and Sellis residences. Bring him over here!"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As I said, I move between the two nearest buildings (which I named because why not). If I have the action to spare (which I doubt), I will spend a SP and create a megaphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sellersville PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND TWO ...

    Event #2: Bleeding Out (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Rabbi Cohen
    Show
    Activating one of the prayer beads on his wrist, Rabbi Cohen casts CSW on the fallen man. He then helps the man to his feet. "Go! Seek shelter. If you can make it to the northern pier, we have help there." Even in the sun, a nimbus of light now surrounds the Coppertone(TM) angel on the beach out to 20'.

    The man nods and heads off in the direction of the northern pier. In the meantime, Eliezer thinks he hears a woman's frantic screaming. What does he do?



    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Originating from the point of the doors, Skald summons a fog cloud to block the fiends view and then. Given the 40-foot-diameter of fog cloud, however, Skald finds himself in the fog now. He moves down 10' and 20' forward and he can now see a few of the pirates.
    Spoiler: Spontaneous Casting
    Show
    Because you didn't tell me which 2nd-level prepared spell you were losing, I rolled randomly ... resist energy.

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Silently gritting his teeth at the sound of distress nearby, Corrin forces himself to remain calm enough to cast his second protective spell before stealthily exiting the Last Coconut to see what the situation is nearby. Looking northwards, the entire chapel is hidden from view by a fog.



    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona grunted in frustration. She really should have built some sort of running stilts for cases like these, but it came up so rarely that she kept putting it off. Running after these guys is just asking for trouble. Thinking on her feet, she positions herself between the two nearest buildings and shouts to her, after casting a quick spell to create a wooden megaphone....(see below).

    In the meantime, no doubt waiting, does Vona do anything or ready anything?

    Everyone near the central area hears, "Ruby! Bring him this way! I'm in the alley between the Jonson and Sellis residences. Bring him over here!"


    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Tom Underhill
    Show

    Tom keeps moving toward the warehouse. With no obvious enemies close to him, he picks up the pace (but is still moving).

    Spoiler: Hoggie & Rusty
    Show
    Hoggie picks up the pace, hustling towards the Hall of Records.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-07-04 at 07:03 PM.
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Rite Publishing's 101 6th-Level Spells (Russell, 2010), and it is approved for play, with the exception of the spell soul vulture.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Lines of worry appear on Corrin's face as he stares toward the fog covered church. They are quickly smoothed over with steely determination as Corrin casts his final protective spell over himself and takes a combative stance. After a swift and silent prayer to Yondalla for him to be in time to protect his friends and neighbors, Corrin steps through space to reappear within the chapel before the alcove dedicated to Yondalla.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard action: Spend 1 SP to cast Shielded Aegis. (3rd and final protective spell.) Swift action to enter Jabbing Style. Move Action to spend 2 Ki points on Abundant Step to dimension door into the Chapel near where the shrine to Yondalla sits.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Eliezer flies as quickly as able towards the sound of the particular woman's voice he's picked up on, though I imagine he hears lots of screams throughout the village.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom continues toward the warehouse, watching the fire and trying to line up his target...

    Spoiler
    Show
    He will cast Sleet Storm into the hottest part of the fire once he's in range.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona bites her lip; she really hoped that Barbra was able to hear her, but she decided to hold her ground in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Only seeing 2 adversaries but know others are within the cloud, Skald chooses to use the attack he sees as most efficient. Trying his best to recall the positioning of the confused men, he looses a cone of arrow shaped glowing bolts into the cloud.

    Spoiler: Cone? Cone. CONE!!
    Show
    Bolts of radiance?

    Dmg: (5d8)[19]
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sellersville PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 3 ...

    Event #1: Trapped! (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Rabbi Cohen
    Show
    Eliezer flies toward the sound of the woman's screaming that he has focused on. Burning roof beams block the entrance to this building. The only windows are at the front, and each is engulfed in flames. Do you go into the windows where the flame is fresh, try to batter down the door, or pray to Moradin to protect the woman cause you don't want none of this?



    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Only seeing two adversaries but knowing others are within the cloud, Skald chooses to use the attack he sees as most efficient. Trying his best to recall the positioning of the confused men, he looses a cone of arrow-shaped glowing bolts into the cloud. One of the two pirates seems to have great instincts as he entirely dodges what comes his way. His friend is not so lucky and takes the full 19. Not knowing where the attack is coming from, the men head towards the front, now out of Skald's vision.

    Skald hears a loud splintering sound of wood from the front of the chapel (out of his view), followed by the sound of something heavy and wooden being dropped. There is a sharp cry of pain from a man. Then, the sound of a panther's roar as it has found prey as a man screams in pain several times before that voice is silenced.

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Lines of worry appear on Corrin's face as he stares toward the fog covered church. They are quickly smoothed over with steely determination as Corrin casts his final protective spell over himself and takes a combative stance. After a swift and silent prayer to Yondalla for him to be in time to protect his friends and neighbors, Corrin steps through space to reappear within the chapel before the alcove dedicated to Yondalla.

    Now in the chapel, he looks out and sees that the opening has been broken into, but just beyond the doorway he sees shapes moving in the fog but nothing clear.



    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    So, it turns out she has a name ... it is actually Ruby the Weaver. Please be sure to note that for the future, if necessary.

    Ruby comes tearing around the corner, but comes to a screeching halt before Vona and then trips and falls. The half-orc with pus yellow skin comes into the alleyway and laughs heartily at the fallen woman and this new prey standing behind her - a pitiful, weak little gnome with red hair (that's you).

    Vona, this is only a 5-foot-wide alleyway. Because Ruby is still active, you cannot stand in her place. You can either do something from here, or use Acrobatics and hope to get all the way through the half-orc's square ... or leave Ruby and run around the building. What do you do?




    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Tom Underhill
    Show
    Tom, it takes you another round of hustling (so no other actions this round), but you will get to the fire. Men and woman are struggling to save the contents of this building and gesture desperately for help, and are having little success extinguishing the hungry flames with their bucket brigade. Aware of this, some colonists dart in and out of the building to rescue armloads of books and other records. The entire affair is organized by a frantic man.

    Spoiler: Hoggie & Rusty
    Show
    Hoggie finishing hustling to the Hall of Records (so no other actions this round). Men and woman are struggling to save the contents of this building and gesture desperately for help, and are having little success extinguishing the hungry flames with their bucket brigade. Aware of this, some colonists dart in and out of the building to rescue armloads of books and other records. The entire affair is organized by a frantic Jeran Emrikad, the keeper of the hall of records.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-07-04 at 07:02 PM.
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Rite Publishing's 101 6th-Level Spells (Russell, 2010), and it is approved for play, with the exception of the spell soul vulture.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona's brow began to furl in concentration. All of a sudden, stone pillars emerged from the ground in front and behind the orc, making a makeshift cage around him. She then turns to the woman, who she identifies as Ruby the Weaver now she gets a better look at her. "Get out of here, I've got this!"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Create two pillars (Expanded Materials:Classical Elements and Divided creation), one in front of him and one behind. I use Practiced Creation to do it as a FRA without spending a SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hatfield, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Spoiler: *Tepe*Hoggie>>Rusty
    Show

    (Help) I need somebody
    (Help) Not just Anybody
    (Help) You know I need someone
    (Help)

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin looks around the church, looking to see if anyone managed to break into the church before he arrived, and to determine who was screaming before. He keeps checking the front to see if anyone else enters while he does so just in case.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure what action/checks this would be, likely perception (+15 mod) as a standard moving as needed to get a good view. I am basically making sure the interior is secure for the moment and try to find out what is happening, since I heard screams and signs of forced entry, but haven't spotted people in trouble or attackers yet.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    He might have protection from the flames, but anyone trapped inside doesn't, so Eliezer knows he has to create an exit. He breaks down the door with his adamantine warhammer (Power Attack) and goes in.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •