The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 663
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom points at the burning building and a cloudburst of ice and snow pours into the hottest part of the fire...
    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast Sleet Storm into center of fire, adjusting if needed to avoid the workers (although I'm guessing that area is too hot for anyone to get close)
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald will ready his bow and move forward until more opponents come into view.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 4 ...

    Event #1: Trapped (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    He might have protection from the flames, but anyone trapped inside doesn't, so Eliezer knows he has to create an exit. He breaks down the door with his adamantine warhammer in one blow and goes in. He sees a woman in the corner. She screams for help, but those screams are not as strong as she has been suffering smoke inhalation.

    What do you do?


    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Skald fires his bow once at the wounded pirate, hitting him for 9 + 4 electricity. The man is barely standing (disabled), and there is still the unwounded pirate. Skald throws off any hope of their returning fire along the same arc by moving right up next to the chapel (right above the men), but maintaining the 10' altitude. Not that they seem to have any missile weapons. The disabled man simply slumps against the chapel wall and slides down, too wounded to do much. The other pirate leaves Skald's view, heading towards the front of the chapel.

    Skald hears the continued sounds of battle from the front of the chapel. He hears the definite sound of a man being screaming as he is killed by Ix-Caban.

    Skald only has a disabled pirate in view now. What does he do?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin looks around the church, looking to see if anyone managed to break into the church before he arrived, and to determine who was screaming before. He keeps checking the front to see if anyone else enters while he does so just in case.

    While in the chapel, a battle rages in the fog just beyond the threshhold. There is the sound of a man's death cry at the same time as a roar from a large animal, likely some type of large cat.

    Corrin, what do you do?



    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona's brow began to furl in concentration. All of a sudden, stone pillars emerged from the ground in front and behind the orc, making a makeshift cage around him. She then turns to the woman, who she identifies as Ruby the Weaver now she gets a better look at her. "Get out of here, I've got this!"

    Ruby gets up and then gets out! Now what, Vona?

    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)

    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    As Hoggie mentally "sings" to Rusty, the hastened folks start to do quicker on the bucket brigade, and that still might not be enough, but ...

    All of a sudden, weather absolutely unheard of (and unseen in the lives of pretty much everyone there occurs! It forms over the center of the hall, but with a 40' radius ... that is, an 80' diameter, it covers the bucket brigade (and Hoggie and Rusty) quiet easily. The entire area is inundated with precipitation, and that precipitation is chilly! sleet and snow come down, making it hard to see anything past five feet in front of a person.

    The entire bucket brigade shrieks in fear and confusion and backs out.

    That said, it looks like this unseasonal (and non-climactic) weather might be able to put out the fire by itself.

    Tom, Hoggie, what do you do?
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Well, now that Ruby was out of danger, it was time to deal with her captive. Part of her wanted to just make a giant rock above him and crush him, but she'd probably have to get above him and climbing to the roof while maintaining the walls seems problematic. Besides, problems like this need to addressed head on. She dismissed the effect and with her power gauntlet smashes her fist into the lecherous loser.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I've still got 3 rounds of Studied Combat on this guys, so I'm gonna use it. Energy Blade punch this guy, using a SP to do. I may spend 2 inspiration if I feel the attack roll is low enough.
    (1d20+16)[32]
    (1d2)[2] + (9d6+9)[37] + (3d6)[15]
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie dashes out of the area of the strange weather effect. He looks around for his furry friend.

    Spoiler: tepe Hoggie >>Rusty
    Show

    Where are you now when I need you the most?
    Why don't you take my hand?
    I want to be close
    Help me when I am down, lift me up off the ground
    Teach me right from wrong
    Help me to stay strong

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Not sure where friend or foe may be located, Skald opts to continue his move attack move strategy and will move in the direction of the combat sounds near the entrance of the building to engage whatever baddie he may encounter.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Rabbi Cohen tries to guide the woman out of the burning building as best as he can.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Seeing no one but hearing conflict out in the fog, Corrin moves to the door of the chapel and decides to seal the entrances so he can have time to search out the survivors. Raising his hands, Corrin's fingers twitch in a seemingly random fashion before steel flows out of his hands like ice freezing water forming a wall to block the entrance and windows at the front of the chapel.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving close to the fog covered door and casting Create to make a U shaped 10' tall wall of steel that has the closed end at the front door and follows along the existing walls to block the windows. Max length is 90' and must remain within 45' of Corrin's position so he would be on the inside of the bottom of the U. Spending 2 spell points. One to create, and the other to make this wall last 9 hours. (I hope I can dismiss it later when it's not needed though... might have to cast Alter: Destroy on it or Alter: Forge to create an opening for people to enter/leave.)
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    In light of his initial success, Tom tries more of the same...


    Spoiler
    Show
    Another Sleet Storm on the same spot (or adjusted if the hottest part of the fire has shifted).
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 5 ...

    Event #1: Trapped (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Rabbi Cohen gets the woman out of the burning building without further incident. She doesn't appear to have any primary injuries, but from her coughing she has suffered some smoke inhalation damage.

    What do you do now? Tend to her or off to somewhere else?


    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Not sure where friend or foe may be located, Skald opts to continue his move attack move strategy and will move in the direction of the combat sounds near the entrance of the building to engage whatever baddie he may encounter. One there, he sees a battering ram that has been dropped, though it seems to have done its job in smashing open the chapel doors.

    Shouting Tree is facing off against two pirates. Mind you, it's not really flanking, because unlike you [Skald], nobody else can see in this fog you've created quite like you can. With only a quick jaunt to get where you are, you have time to let fly an arrow. You hit a badly wounded pirate in the gut for 12 + 4 electricity, enough to drop him.

    The last pirate swings at and is deflected. Shouting Tree counters but misses so badly (the fog doesn't help him) that he breaks (not destroys) the Spear of Fertility! Shouting Tree yells something and Ix-Caban comes around and she bites the pirate for 13 in the left lower arm and holds him fast. The man screams in pain terribly.

    Then, to Skald's confusion, he sees a halfling come to the doorway, put up his hand ... and steel blocks the doorway ... and some of the windows, from the inside!

    What do you do, Skald?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Seeing no one but hearing conflict out in the fog, Corrin moves to the door of the chapel and decides to seal the entrances so he can have time to search out the survivors. Raising his hands, Corrin's fingers twitch in a seemingly random fashion before steel flows out of his hands like ice freezing water forming a wall to block the entrance and windows at the front of the chapel.

    Corrin, what now?


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Well, now that Ruby was out of danger, it was time to deal with her captive. Part of her wanted to just make a giant rock above him and crush him, but she'd probably have to get above him and climbing to the roof while maintaining the walls seems problematic. Besides, problems like this need to addressed head on. She dismisses the effect, and steps forward to smash ... the half-orc ... that was standing .... crap. He's gone.

    Vona quickly deduces that lacking options, the athletic half-orc must have athletically gotten out of there, but Vona's size prevented her from seeing it happen. The temporarily good thing is that Vona is without an enemy ... or a victim.

    What now?

    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)

    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    Hoggie dashes out of the area of the strange weather effect. He looks around for his furry friend. His furry friend is with him. There is another furry ... friend? Casting a spell, the furry friend points to the rear section of the hall or records and a second sleet storm is created to make sure that the entire area of the Hall of Records is in this freezing precipitation! The furry friend is, well ...

    Tom, describe yourself. Tom, what do you do now?

    Hoggie, what do you do now?
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald will close to Shouting Tree and ask "Are you unhurt? It seems a halfling has put up a barrier to the entryway. I suggest we separate again and circle the building looking for more foes. I'll go right while you take the left. Agreed?"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin turns from his barricade and searches deeper in the chapel, looking for Vesserin and anyone else who would have fled to the chapel.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie will use spellcraft to identify the spell being cast almost by reflex. He will begin detecting thoughts in this helpful stranger to check his intent and his reason for coming to the island. Hopefully.
    Spoiler: tepe Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show

    Rusty?

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "Oh come on!" Vona said exasperatedly. Still, if the orc isn't here, Ruby's not out of trouble, so she hustles after her to make sure the orc hasn't come back for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Deeper in the village, a group of young men armed with swords make a stand against what appears to be the pirate leader, a tall and dangerous-looking human who laughs as he deflects their attacks with obvious ease.
    Eliezer immediately flies off to attend to this.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom moves closer to the library...

    "Don't worry. I'm here to help. It's cold and wet, but it won't hurt you."


    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Tom is very short and stocky. His gray skin is covered with thick white fur, which grows out into a long beard, mustache and topknot. The fur is patterned with leopard-like spots that are dark blue-gray in color. His eyes are yellow and resemble a cat's eyes. He has catlike ears, two small horns growing from his forehead and a long, catlike tail. The claws on his hands and feet are sharp and partially retractable.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Tom will add one last Sleet Storm if the fire is still burning hot. Otherwise he will move up and help the bucket brigade (Create Water into the buckets as they're emptied).
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2018-07-19 at 06:00 PM.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie continues to concentrate on detecting the stranger’s thoughts while speaking softly apparently to himself and staring off into the distance.
    “I don't bother chasing mice around
    I slink down the alleyway looking for a fight
    Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
    Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry
    "Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy"
    I wish I could be as carefree and wild
    But I got cat class and I got cat style”

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 6 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Skald closes to Shouting Tree and ask "Are you unhurt? It seems a halfling has put up a barrier to the entryway. I suggest we separate again and circle the building looking for more foes. I'll go right while you take the left. Agreed?"

    The pirate in Ix-Caban's grasp swings his scimitar, hitting against the big panther's hide but not hurting her. Shouting Tree drops the Spear of Fertility, takes out his jaguar-skull mace and hits the pirate for 11. Ix-Caban loses her grip in the meantime, but drops the man with her foreclaws for 20.

    "I can only see a few feet in your fog," says Shouting Tree with a possible hint of indictment. "I'll take Ix-Caban around to sniff, yeah."

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin turns from his barricade and searches deeper in the chapel, looking for Vesserin and anyone else who would have fled to the chapel. He does find Vesserin, as well as many wounded.


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    "Oh come on!" Vona said exasperatedly. Still, if the orc isn't here, Ruby's not out of trouble, so she hustles after her to make sure the orc hasn't come back for her.

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Eliezer flies towards where he saw a pack o' pirates in the midst of time.


    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)

    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    Hoggie tries to figure out what the stranger cast, but has no empirical familiarity with such magics. The white-furred man(?) has a powerful mind, though, and easily rebuffs Hoggie's mental divination.

    Rusty bounds up next to Hoggie.
    Spoiler: Rusty >>> Hoggie (tepe)
    Show
    "Did you do that? Did you have magic you didn't tell me about?"

    The white-furred man moves closer to the library, calling out: "Don't worry. I'm here to help. It's cold and wet, but it won't hurt you."

    Hoggie, the stranger is very short and stocky. His gray skin is covered with thick white fur, which grows out into a long beard, mustache and topknot. The fur is patterned with leopard-like spots that are dark blue-gray in color. His eyes are yellow and resemble a cat's eyes. He has catlike ears, two small horns growing from his forehead and a long, catlike tail. The claws on his hands and feet are sharp and partially retractable.

    It finally strikes Hoggie that this man is planes-cursed, sometimes called a "tiefling" - a creature who has an ancestor that is from the lower planes. In this particular case, this tiefling is a particular type referred to as a div-spawn, where this "man's" ancestor was a type of terrible form of debased genie known as a "div." Where tieflings are usually fast and intelligent but their malign nature shines through, div-spawn variants tend to be dull-witted, but with a charming tongue.

    Tom, there is a man peering intently at you that looks like this ...


    By his feet is a little large tabby cat, possibly some type of familiar.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-07-20 at 06:30 PM.
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin gives a quick shallow bow to Vesserin as a greeting before his hand waves and leaves script floating in it's wake, "Vesserin what is happening. I heard trouble and came running. The front of the church is surrounded by fog and I heard sounds of fighting so I blocked the entrance. How can I help."

    Corrin's gaze flicks over to the wounded after he finishes writing, trying to pick out who is hurt.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Spoiler: Tepe +* EL * Hoggie >>> Rusty
    Show

    *Relieved* Empathic Link
    “Don’t do me like that!
    Purple cat, purple cat, what did you see?”


  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Eliezer continues his flight towards the pirate bunch, and increases to 15' altitude.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom approaches the man, who appears to be some kind of leader.

    "Is there anything else I can do to help you here? If not, there's lots of trouble elsewhere..."
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie smiles beautifully at a point above and to the right of the furred stranger, like he is trying to avoid eye contact. His eyes are slightly puffy and dilated. With a monotone voice, he says,
    I'm alright
    Nobody worry 'bout me”

    Spoiler: fire status
    Show

    if the fire is contained and there is no further risk to life, Hoggie will try to communicate with his familiar to ask him to fly and scout for trouble. Baring that he will hustle into the village center to see if anyone needs help,”

    Spoiler: tepe *EL* Hoggie >>> Rusty
    Show

    *anxious*
    ”I want you to Fly like an eagle to the sea. See what you can see and get back to me.”


    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2018-07-21 at 10:08 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Moving to the right, Skald will look around the corner of the building for enemies keeping his bow ready. As he does so, he will extend his control of the winds to clear the cloud.

    Spoiler: You Blow Me Away
    Show
    Control Winds in a single direction to clear the cloud with a strong wind (21+ mph) in 1 round.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 7 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Moving to the right, Skald will look around the corner of the building for enemies keeping his bow ready. As he does so, he will extend his control of the winds to clear the cloud. He sees no other pirates lurking on the side of the building, save the one he disabled. That pirate still holds his gut in pain as he lies on the ground. What does Skald do? Continue his circuit?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin gives a quick shallow bow to Vesserin as a greeting before his hand waves and leaves script floating in it's wake, "Vesserin what is happening. I heard trouble and came running. The front of the church is surrounded by fog and I heard sounds of fighting so I blocked the entrance. How can I help."

    Corrin's gaze flicks over to the wounded after he finishes writing, trying to pick out who is hurt. He doesn't see any severe wounds, as this group managed to get to the chapel in time. As Corrin does a visual check, Vesserin answers, "Accursed pirates have attacked us, though I don't know where they came from."

    Corrin notices that a fresh breeze, although bringing distant smells of fire and soot, comes in through the chapel door. As he looks, he sees two fallen pirates outside and the fog has cleared. What does Corrin do?


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona is running about, trying to find Ruby the Weaver. She thinks she hears Ruby's cry and turns a corner to see that Ruby, exhausted, has fallen. The half-orc is on her immediately, but Ruby finds a hidden reserve of strength. She finds a splintered piece of wood and jams it into the half-orc's neck, inflicting an impressive (for a commoner) 7.

    Vona, you are 10' away, and the half-orc doesn't seem to have noticed you (he is between you and Ruby), as he is now in a fit of pique against Ruby. Your studied combat is expired. What do you do?

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Eliezer continues his flight towards the pirate bunch, and increases to 15' altitude. He finally sees the commotion. A group of swordsmen surrounds a tall pirate with deeply tanned, leathery skin. He wields a wickedly curved rapier [Editor: Sigh] in one hand and a punching dagger in the other, and coils of knotted rope are wrapped around his arms and torso in a tangled display. May of the ropes are fashioned into nooses, and hanging from quite a few are morbid trinkets like jawbones, skeletal hands, and leathery trophies. From his neck dangles a tattered hangman's noose, and as he leads the fight against the colonists in the square, he curses and roars orders to his fellows, who seem almost as frightened of him as the colonists he's trying to murder.

    As Eliezer reaches the square, this villain cuts down the last colonist and he and his men turn to face the shallow sky where flutters the four-winged dwarf, covered with blood and leering with menace.

    Eliezer, you are 20' from this man, and his men are in close general proximity. You are at a current altitude of 15'. What do you do?
    Spoiler: Picture of Pirate Leader
    Show


    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)

    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    The white-furred div-spawn approaches the man, who appears to be some kind of leader. "Is there anything else I can do to help you here? If not, there's lots of trouble elsewhere..."



    The man smiles beautifully at a point above and to the right of the furred stranger, like he is trying to avoid eye contact. His eyes are slightly puffy and dilated. With a monotone voice, he says,
    I'm alright
    Nobody worry 'bout me”
    Spoiler: Hoggie
    Show
    The command is given to Rusty to fly seaward to scout for more trouble.
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "The fog is clearing. I shall go out and aid in the defence. The wall I made should last for hours. It should at least limit the ways any can enter. I shall return and remove the wall when it is safe." Corrin writes in the air and bows in farewell to Vesserin (Giving Vesserin a moment to read and respond as he does so.) Corrin then turns toward the front entrance of the chapel and steps past his wall to the outside of the front of the chapel.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard Action: Trick illusion to create words.
    Move Action: Abundant Step to the front of the chapel. (Outside)
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie hustles off to see if anyone else needs help, keeping an “ear” open for reports from Rusty.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Realizing the best way to view the situation would be from above, Skald will take to the air once more and fly over the corner of the building to see the back.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    With his holy aura bright about him, Eliezer flies up and up to an altitude of 45'. "Holy Dwarffather," he prays softly to himself, "I see that all citizens have fallen, but I cannot verify their lives. I beseech Ye, give me most destructive magic to smite the lot of these filth, and protect the souls of those that could have been saved. Please forgive your servant if I slay any innocent, but I must protect the greater town against these predations."

    He then looks down with righteous wrath upon the pirates and prays again to the Soulforger, but this time in an unknown tongue. A massive column of flame begins forty feet in the air to strike down to the ground, burning the men below in a conflagration of heat and virtue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    MA: Fly check (1d20+18)[29] to fly upwards as severely as he does. 30' up + 15' previous altitude = 45' current altitude. 30' up = 60' worth of movement.
    SA: Cast flame strike. (9d6)[34] damage, half fire + half untyped holy damage. Ref DC 20 halves.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona briefly considered setting up a strike, but with Ruby there, there wasn't time. She forced a blast of kinetic force at the Orc in an attempt to get his attention on her rather than Ruby
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Destructive Blast (1d20+12)[20] (4d6+4)[2][3][6][5](16) Crafted Blast makes that 2 a 3 so it's 17 damage.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-07-31 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •