The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 663
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "Want some backup?"

    Now that the fire appears to be under control, Tom follows Hoggie...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 8 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Realizing the best way to view the situation would be from above, Skald takes to the air once more and flies over the corner of the building to see the back. There are no pirates back there.

    Skald sees a small figure suddenly materialize in front of the chapel, looking away from the chapel rather than towards it (he doesn't seem to notice you). He then sees a tall column of fire - 40' high at least - over the center of town, and it is accompanied by the screams of men. He can tell from the downward nature of the fire (appearing high and striking downwards) that it is a spell. He then thinks he sees the flying figure of Rabbi Cohen over that way.

    Shouting Tree and Ix-Caban make their way around the back of the chapel, expecting to find you, but then look up and note you.

    Skald, what do you do?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    "The fog is clearing. I shall go out and aid in the defence. The wall I made should last for hours. It should at least limit the ways any can enter. I shall return and remove the wall when it is safe." Corrin writes in the air and bows in farewell to Vesserin (Giving Vesserin a moment to read and respond as he does so.) Corrin then turns toward the front entrance of the chapel and steps past his wall to the outside of the front of the chapel.

    Once outside, Corrin's attention is immediately taken as he sees a great plume of fire towards the center of town, accompanied by the screams of many men. The wind, strange for its direction, batters you in the face, easily being some 20+ mph in strength.

    Corrin, what do you do?


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona briefly considered setting up a strike, but with Ruby there, there wasn't time. She sends a blast of kinetic force at the orc in an attempt to get his attention on herself rather than Ruby, hitting him for 17. But evil targets the weak, and the half-orc notes your concern for the woman and he brings his scimitar down on her, sending his scimitar through her skull deeply enough for you to realize he killed her. He removes his slick scimitar from the late weaver's skull, and then closes right up to you.

    Vona, you have a wounded, pus-yellow, murdererous half-orc pirate standing in front of you. You vaguely have the sense of a plume of fire towards the center of town, including screams of men, but you have your own trial right now. What do you do?

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer)

    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    With his holy aura bright about him, Eliezer flies up and up to an altitude of 45'. "Holy Dwarffather," he prays softly to himself, "I see that all citizens have fallen, but I cannot verify their lives. I beseech Ye, give me most destructive magic to smite the lot of these filth, and protect the souls of those that could have been saved. Please forgive your servant if I slay any innocent, but I must protect the greater town against these predations."

    He then looks down with righteous wrath upon the pirates and prays again to the Soulforger, but this time in an unknown tongue. A massive column of flame begins forty feet in the air to strike down to the ground, burning the men below in a conflagration of heat and virtue. The event is truly spectacular. All but one of the mook-pirates drop (and one of them has his shield shatter from the heat), though the one that didn't drop managed to roll behind something to keep from getting hurt at all. Even the lead pirate gets hit full on for 34 fire+holy, and he has to throw his burning punching dagger to the side as it turns to slag. He rushes down the street and into a building. The other pirate that didn't get hurt follows him.

    Eliezer, what do you do now?


    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)

    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    Hoggie hustles off to see if anyone else needs help, keeping an “ear” open for reports from Rusty.

    "Want some backup?" calls the divspawn. Now that the fire appears to be under control, It follows the man.

    A second later, they hear a tremendous whooshing sound of flame and many screams of men. Both of you pull up quickly and spin around to see if there was a backdraft that erupted from the Hall of Records, but it seems fine. Hoggie senses that it came not from the sea (where he sent Rusty), but towards the center of town.

    What now?
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie hustles for the center of town.
    Spoiler: Tepe *EL* Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show

    ”Rusty? Are you ...alright?”
    *concerned*

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald shouts down to them, "One more small being has just appeared at the front. I shall approach from the left, while you come from the right!"

    He then flies back down near the ground and around the front of the church to confront the final assailant.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin's eyes narrow into slits at the pillar of flame that smote the center of town. His fingers move once again and his body fades away from sight, Corrin then steps and truly fades from the scene heading towards where the fire fell.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard Action: Cast an Invisibility Illusion on self spending 1 SP to do so concentraiting as a standard each round.
    Move action: Abundant step as close to where the fire fell as 400ft +40ft per level will get me.
    Stealth check (for invisibility): (1d20+34)[49]
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom follows Hoggie toward the site of the explosion...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Eliezer is going to chase them down - flying when he can, on foot otherwise. He will brain the first pirate he can, if he gets in range this round.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack (1d20+12)[22], damage (1d8+17)[21] + (1d6)[5] fire + (2d6)[6] vs. evil.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona screamed at the orc. Why did he have to be both this evil and this stupid?! She was a clear and present danger to him, so the smart thing would have been to try and take her out. It would have also been the evil thing to do; most tall folk tended to underestimate her at first, so he'd have thought she was easy prey, so killing her first would have heightened the fear of his intended victim.

    But no. The orc was both and had been lazy enough to take the one within reach rather than the more important target and now one of her neighbors was dead. If this monster wants death, then his thoughtless cruelty had earned him it. She steadied her gauntlet, took a step forward and fired again.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    MA: Studied Target +4 to hit melee, +4 damage melee/ranged.
    SA: Destructive Blast: (1d20+12)[20] (4d6+8)[4][6][6][3](19)
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 9 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Skald shouts down to them, "One more small being has just appeared at the front. I shall approach from the left, while you come from the right!"

    Shouting Tree and Ix-Caban move before Skald, who then flies back down near the ground and around the front of the church to confront the final assailant.

    Some distance away, you hear a high-pitched scream from a woman...
    Spoiler
    Show
    See Page #1 for bcool's description of his PC. Don't post action right now, as I have to wait for Corrin to post whether or not he changes his PCs action.

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin's eyes narrow into slits at the pillar of flame that smote the center of town, but before he can incant his spell he is surrounded by several figures. From your right comes a jungle savage with a mace whose top is that of some type of animal skull. Given his garb, he might be the owner of the discarded and broken (not destroyed) spear at your feet that you see. With him, and then zooming around to come to you from the front, is a Large-sized jaguar. You have never seen a hunting cat this big! Flying down and alighting immediately to your left comes a man with dragonfly wings.

    They all just get to you and don't say anything (yet), but are threatening you. Well, the savage and the panther are, but the winged man to your left only has out some type of fancy bow. Given how he is dressed and that you've never seen him before, you might just have found the pirate leader!

    Some distance away, you hear a high-pitched scream from a woman...

    Corrin, you did not yet get a chance to take your action as intended. Now that you are threatened, do you cast your spell as intended (and note with or without concentration), or do something else now that the party has come to you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think BuckGodot has his description on page #1 of this thread, but I am not sure about the savage and his panther (which was originally in the Strange Aeons folder). Let me know if you want his description and picture again.


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona screamed at the orc. Why did he have to be both this evil and this stupid?! She was a clear and present danger to him, so the smart thing would have been to try and take her out. It would have also been the evil thing to do; most tall folk tended to underestimate her at first, so he'd have thought she was easy prey, so killing her first would have heightened the fear of his intended victim.

    But no. The orc was both and had been lazy enough to take the one within reach rather than the more important target and now one of her neighbors was dead. If this monster wants death, then his thoughtless cruelty had earned him it. She steadies her gauntlet, takes a step forward, and fires again. This time, the brute gets hit in the groin and goes down, unmoving.

    Vona, what do you do?

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer)
    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Eliezer closes the distance incredibly quickly, going right into a building and smacks the pirate mook in the head for 26 + 6 fire. The man is immediately disabled. He foolishly tries to attack Eliezer anyway, but is hurt too badliy to fight well. The exertion is too much, and the man falls unconscious, beginning to bleed out. The pirate leader had just turned the corner before you got there.

    Eliezer, what do you do? Somewhere in the distance of the town, you hear a female scream.


    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    Hoggie hustles towards the center of town, Tom following just behind.
    Spoiler: Hoggie
    Show
    "Yeah, but I just heard a woman scream. Do you want me to continue towards the sea to scout out and you follow the scream?"

    Just before Rusty mentioned the scream, Hoggie, you heard it too. It is coming from the western part of town.

    What do the two of you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-03 at 11:22 PM.
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    [spoiler= Tepe *EL* Hoggie>>>Rusty]
    *relieved*
    ”I will ... try to find...the screamer. You keep going. How many attackers...and where,”
    [/spoiler ]
    BJ heads towards the scream.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin stops his casting midway, before taking a step back from those threatening him and assessing the situation. He looks from the broken spear, to the savage man and back again before getting an idea of who took care of the pirates out here. Wanting to confirm his suspicians, Corrin's fingers begin flowing through the air and common script is left behind which says, "Are you the ones who took care of the pirates, or are you villains yourselves? If you are pirate slayers you have my thanks. Otherwise, your fated ends are here."

    Corrin then waits for the savage man's responce, while wary of the distant flyer.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5 ft step out of threat.
    Standard: Trick to write.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Now on foot, Eliezer is going to try and run down the pirate leader. Glowing with holy power, he continues forward and engages the knotty man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, his holy aura is on right now.

    If he is able to engage, then no PA so as to probe defenses.
    Attack (1d20+15)[35], damage (1d8+8)[10] + (1d6)[5] fire + (2d6)[6] vs evil
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Spoiler: Critical Confirmation
    Show
    It'll suck if he can't engage with that crit.
    Severity roll (1d20)[2], bonus damage (3d6)[13]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom pauses as Hoggie does...

    "Do you see something?"
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie shakes his head negative and then taps his ear before sprinting towards the scream he heard.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 9 (Cont'd) ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald, Corrin
    Show
    Corrin stops his casting midway, before taking a step back from those threatening him and assessing the situation, only to not get any distance and find he bumped into the metal wall he created to keep out attackers to the chapel. He looks from the broken spear, to the savage man and back again before getting an idea of who took care of the pirates out here. Wanting to confirm his suspicians, Corrin's fingers begin flowing through the air as he defensively maintains his silent casting, and Common script is left behind which says, "Are you the ones who took care of the pirates, or are you villains yourselves? If you are pirate slayers you have my thanks. Otherwise, your fated ends are here."

    Corrin then waits for the savage man's .... or the winged man's ... response.

    The savage man looks to the winged archer for guidance.

    Skald, how do you respond? What do you do?

    Corrin, if BuckGodot responds and you see it, you can post your counter-response/ action ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-04 at 05:29 PM.
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald eyes the small person with some suspicion... "Aye. I am Skald and we are the ones who took down the men attempting to enter the building. Although I have more questions for you, there are others here in need and if we meet again, perhaps those questions may be answered. For now..." he peers in the direction of the next nearest combat that was described, seeking to determine where to go from here.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2018-08-04 at 05:45 PM.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona calmly walks up to the unmoving orc and calmly fires again, making certain that the world was free of the vile creature before heading towards the town center to do something about the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Corrin continues his previous action choosing to step to the site of the fire. He does not cast invisibility beforehand.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 10 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin-outro)
    Spoiler: Skald, Corrin
    Show
    Skald eyes the small person with some suspicion... "Aye. I am Skald and we are the ones who took down the men attempting to enter the building. Although I have more questions for you, there are others here in need and if we meet again, perhaps those questions may be answered. For now..." he peers in the direction of the next nearest combat that was described, seeking to determine where to go from here, but sees and hears nothing obvious.

    The halfling's eyes - for it is a halfling - narrow into slits at the center of town where there had been a momentary column of fire. He disappears from sight with the slightest whoosh sound.
    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    See Event #5, below...

    Shouting Tree looks to Skald and shrugs regarding the vacant air. "I and Ix-Caban shall stay here to protect the townsfolk from any strays. Besides, the Spear of Fertility is sacred, and I cannot wield it in battle right now - nor really store it, so here I shall stay until our leader calls us."

    Skald, just then, you hear another scream, similiar to the first - it is a female, a little south-southeast of your position in town. He does think he hears a very distant battle, but the scream is far closer. What do you do?


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona screamed at the orc. Why did he have to be both this evil and this stupid?! She was a clear and present danger to him, so the smart thing would have been to try and take her out. It would have also been the evil thing to do; most tall folk tended to underestimate her at first, so he'd have thought she was easy prey, so killing her first would have heightened the fear of his intended victim.

    But no. The orc was both and had been lazy enough to take the one within reach rather than the more important target and now one of her neighbors was dead. If this monster wants death, then his thoughtless cruelty had earned him it. She steadied her gauntlet, took a step forward and fired again, killing him outright.

    Vona, what do you do now?

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer, Corrin-intro)
    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Eliezer, you hear someone behind the entry into a hallway, and you know it is the guy trying to be stealthy. He jumps out to find you ready. He attacks with his rapier, which you block, but his counter-counterattack stabs well, only to be stopped by your thick hide.

    Glowing with power, Eliezer gives into the engagement with this knotty man. Recognizing that the man - despite not being successful on his strike - is a master swordsman, Eliezer carefully probes before finding his opening. The angel finally slams his hammer down on the pirate's chest for 22 + 5 fire. Another attack that just makes it through his blasted defenses in the right thigh for 16 + 2 fire.

    Eliezer, what is your intention this round? You hear a woman scream in the distance again...

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    You arrive in the town square. There are several townsfolk and pirates that seem to have been burnt by a great conflagration, the townsfolk that lie there are worse than the pirates, being definitely charred alive. You don't know if the fallen pirates are dead or no. She then hears a woman's scream, like before but more distant and to the west, probably it was southish of the cathedral. Much farther away, he thinks he hears the sounds of a much larger battle, well away from the confines of town.
    Spoiler: bcool, OOC
    Show
    Stealth is something I roll, like Knowledge and Interaction, but you can prompt me. Your roll is a "confidence roll" for yourself ... how well you feel you maintained stealth (or solved a problem, or intuited someone's motives, etc.)

    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show

    Spoiler: Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show
    *relieved* ”I will ... try to find...the screamer. You keep going. How many attackers...and where,”

    Tom pauses as Hoggie does, "Do you see something?"

    Hoggie shakes his head negative and then taps his ear before sprinting towards the scream he heard.

    Both men hear another scream, like the first, which helps them on their cross-town trek.

    The assumption is that you continue to head in general direction...
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "Yeah, that doesn't sound good."

    Tom looks for the source of the scream...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    As Corrin looks at the charred ground, unshed tears sting his eyes as he recognizes some of the townsfolks charred bodies. There was a battle here, and someone used a great magic to end it, but it was a magic without eyes. Remembering those strangers who seem to be in conflict with the pirates, Corrin wonders if one of their number did this. If so, Corrin would need to question them quite thourghly after this is over. As the sound of distant battle drifts to Corrin's ear, Corrin moves toward the sound. He can do nothing for those here, but maybe he can prevent a similar tragedy. He charges down the street with the speed of a zephyr, before a displacement of air signals his departure.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard Action: Move 50ft towards the fighting outside town.
    Move Action: Abundant step to as close to the fighting as possible. (Really using these up aren't I?)
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald will nod to Shouting Tree and take to the air, climbing to 40' and head in the direction of the scream, readying his bow.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

    "People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    "In Torag's name!" cries Eliezer, "I demand justice for the fallen!"

    This time, he lets loose with his full strength to try to end this miserable wretch quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    PA
    Attack #1: (1d20+12)[21], damage (1d8+17)[20] + (1d6)[1] fire + (2d6)[7] vs. evil
    Attack #2: (1d20+7)[20], damage (1d8+17)[23] + (1d6)[4] fire + (2d6)[7] vs. evil
    Last edited by PSinger; 2018-08-06 at 02:47 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    ROUND 11 ...

    Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald outro; Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Skald will nod to Shouting Tree and take to the air, climbing to 40' and head in the direction of the scream, readying his bow. (He only travels 10' laterally.)


    Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona, distraught and empty, falls to her knees by Ruby ... seemingly in an existential crisis.

    Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    "In ToragMoradin's name!" cries Eliezer, "I demand justice for the fallen!"

    This time, he lets loose with his full strength to try to end this miserable wretch quickly. The first blow lands on the man's chest for 27 + 1 fire.; the pirate leader lets out a massive wheeze with that blow. Lazer's second blow shatters the man's hip and iliac crest for 30 + 4 fire, and when he falls over he almost falls in half as he was ruined by that blow.

    What now?

    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    As Corrin looks at the charred ground, unshed tears sting his eyes as he recognizes some of the townsfolks charred bodies. There was a battle here, and someone used a great magic to end it, but it was a magic without eyes. Remembering those strangers who seem to be in conflict with the pirates, Corrin wonders if one of their number did this. If so, Corrin would need to question them quite thoroughly after this is over.

    Just before Corrin goes, though, he hears a shout of exhaltation for someone or something, and a demand for justice. There are two loud bone-crunching sounds, but Corrin has already been gathering his energy and heads out.

    As the sound of distant battle drifts to Corrin's ear, Corrin moves toward the sound. He can do nothing for those here, but maybe he can prevent a similar tragedy. He charges down the street with the speed of a zephyr, before a displacement of air signals his departure.

    Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    "Yeah, that doesn't sound good." Tom looks for the source of the scream.

    Both men continue running ...
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Vona frowns and shakes her head. This could have all been avoided. Still, there would be time to grieve later. Now the town was on fire and there were others she could hopefully help.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swami Monsoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bat Country
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Tom continues toward the source of the scream...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bristol, PA

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Eliezer will fly out of that building, get some altitude, and head west towards where he heard a lone cry.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Skald, there is a sad scene that you come up to (once you get altitude). There is a little female gnome that was kneeling over the body of a buxom common woman. The broken body of a yellowed, pus-covered half-orc pirate lies nearby. In the near distance, you see Eliezer flying your way, and a little closer at a slighly different angle you see Tom heading over with a long-haired villager.

    Vona, a man flies above your position. At least, he would be man were it not for dragonfly wings. After a quick comparison of races-vs.-spell effects, you surmise that it is a human ... that has a fey parent: a half-fey.

    Tom, you get word from Rusty that there appears to be nobody coming from sea, but there is a large couple of boats of people - that look nothing like pirates - at the northern pier.
    Spoiler: ALCON
    Show
    With the magic of movies (or RPGs), feel free to converge together ... all of you ... Skald, Tom, Hoggie, Vona, and Eliezer (but not Corrin). Introduce as you will, feel free to give a link to your description from your description-post in spoilers at the bottom of your post.
    10/7/ 2019: I have completed reading Drop Dead Press' The Luchador (Sayre, 2014), and it is approved for playtesting.
    8/31/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Campaign (2013, Buhlman).
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

    Hoggie will go to the woman Vona, squats down and touches her shoulder and smile in a concerned manner while looking off in another direction. He speaks as if reading poetry. ”I've seen fire and I've seen rain
    I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
    I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
    But I always thought that I'd see you again.”



    Spoiler: Hogarth’s description
    Show

    The tall good looking young man is dressed in simple rough-spun cut off pants and matching tunic. Leather sandals adorn his dirty feet. A floppy palm frond hat sits atop a mass of sandy blonde curls hanging to his shoulders. Startling green eyes peer out at the world but are currently dialated and puffy. A short beard covers the lower part of his face.




    Spoiler: Tepe *EL* Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show

    *sad*
    Can you see ... anyone in need?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •