New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default What I hope happens

I hope vampire durkon is successful in dominating the Dwarven Council and causing Dvalin to vote for the destruction of the world thus breaking the demigod tie. Here is why. After the tie is broken, and destruction of the world seems inevitable, Elan comes up with a plan to save the universe! He convinces everyone to start praying to Banjo the Clown so it can become a god, and vote for continued existence, breaking the god's tie and making the demigod vote irrelevant.

Banjo saves the universe!
    May I borrow some bat guano? It's for a spell...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What I hope happens

Banjo isn't recognized as a member of any existing pantheon, I doubt he'd have any sort of standing to cast a vote. And besides that, Banjo has no high level clerics who can act as a proxy for him to cast such a vote.

Also, he's a puppet.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    I was really getting worried there for a moment, chief.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It could happen, if we assume Rich spent all this time in this new book building Durkon's character and exploring his past to have its whole conflict resolved by an anticlimactic joke by Elan. I think it's very unlikely. Why do you hope this happens, anyway? Personally I'd rather Banjo doesn't get bigger than being Elan's silly puppet who can mini-smite Roy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It seems unlikely that Banjo would be the resolution to Durkon's arc here, and hard to do without making the whole story an absolute groaner, but it might be possible to pull off with some excellent writing.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousFizban View Post
    I hope vampire durkon is successful in dominating the Dwarven Council and causing Dvalin to vote for the destruction of the world thus breaking the demigod tie. Here is why. After the tie is broken, and destruction of the world seems inevitable, Elan comes up with a plan to save the universe! He convinces everyone to start praying to Banjo the Clown so it can become a god, and vote for continued existence, breaking the god's tie and making the demigod vote irrelevant.

Banjo saves the universe!
    That wouldn't work, probably, because Banjo's vote would be countered by Giggles' vote, since the brothers are rivals, and thus equal in power, and always disagree on any matters.

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    Banjo isn't recognized as a member of any existing pantheon, I doubt he'd have any sort of standing to cast a vote. And besides that, Banjo has no high level clerics who can act as a proxy for him to cast such a vote.

Also, he's a puppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCacaobean View Post
    It could happen, if we assume Rich spent all this time in this new book building Durkon's character and exploring his past to have its whole conflict resolved by an anticlimactic joke by Elan. I think it's very unlikely. Why do you hope this happens, anyway? Personally I'd rather Banjo doesn't get bigger than being Elan's silly puppet who can mini-smite Roy.
    There's also all of these considerations...
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"