The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Homestuck^2: Beyond Canon is an official continuation of Homestuck following after the epilogues.

    (How Hiveswap, Friendsim, and Pesterquest fits into this is unknown at this time)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We open up with Ultimate Dirk having a conversation with Rosebot.

    Poor Rose. she seems to think Dirk's the good guy.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Here is my Hot Take.
    Its pretty good so far.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Read what they have so far:

    Spoiler: okay, lets read this
    Show

    That doesn't mean this (*gestures to the narrative*) isn't still going to be a thing, though. Sometimes retreating back into the warm, welcoming folds of traditional prose is just going to be the best way forward, and as someone whose mind is uniquely capable of understanding this conceit, I'll be the determining factor as to when and where it happens. I think that's more than reasonable. And yes, I am capable of being reasonable. All in all I think you'll find, as far as narrators go, I'm an excellent... hm. On second thought, maybe that's a bit of a problematic phrase. Yeah, yikes, that one's got a sordid history. Best we steer clear of it. We're all lucky I'm around to make those kinds of sensitivity judgements on everyone's behalf.
    Oh screw you Dirk, your evil now! I remember what happened in both timelines, get off your high horse that your death will most likely ironically occur in the presence of! wait- I now get that joke. all those times those were said, was because they were connected to Dirk.

    wait other orange guy? TAVROS? don't you go messing with Tavros now Dirk, he's a good boy and you ain't. cause thats all we need: more megalomaniacs manipulating the parapalegic troll who might be the closest troll analogue to an autistic child.
    Edit: on second thought, Dirk MIGHT be talking about Davesprite here, which might make more sense with the events he is talking about in a narrative sense. screwing with the first time invalid timelines were introduced is pretty big.

    NO! screw you Dirk, you don't know ANYTHING! whatever your plan is, your just going to screw everything up....thats how it always is in Homestuck, there is no solutions, just people screwing up endlessly. ok,ay what magicla suggestion you figure out eh?

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... .."Dirk: Stop making Homestuck" ahaha, SCREW YOOUUU Dirk, you got your answer and it hates you with the fiery passions of a thousand memes!

    we're doing the room thing again? heheheheheh.....Dirk dirk, dirk....your still stuck at home, you don't even realize it.

    Plants are basically the ideal friends. They don't constantly question your decisions, or try and undermine your authority, or suggest that perhaps you should try talking about your feelings every once in a while. Plants lie down in the dirt and take it, metaphorically speaking.
    .....I think your mixing up friends with slaves there....

    So Dirk is still evil.

    they are going to some new planet with shuffled around continents

    and we're getting more information on how this narrative stuff works. its all in the deception that it was someones own idea all along and if you be too obvious, it reveals you.


    Interested. definitely interested.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-26 at 03:55 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!



  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Spoiler: At Raz
    Show
    He was talking about Hussy.

    Or rather, Hussy's avatar int the narrative.

    Hussey drew himself with an orange skin tone and there was the extended subplot in the dream bubbles of him trying to give Vriska a ring that came across like he was interested in her romantically but no, turns out the ring is important.

    IIRC, it's the ring that they used to bring Calliope back to life.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: At Raz
    Show
    He was talking about Hussy.

    Or rather, Hussy's avatar int the narrative.

    Hussey drew himself with an orange skin tone and there was the extended subplot in the dream bubbles of him trying to give Vriska a ring that came across like he was interested in her romantically but no, turns out the ring is important.

    IIRC, it's the ring that they used to bring Calliope back to life.
    Spoiler: At Rater
    Show

    That might be the strongest possibility yeah, messing with the narrator themselves is definitely bigger than what I was thinking and probably more accurate.

    that would be near the beginning of act 6, right? act 6 could be when it got a lot talky everywhere, but it got real talky before then with the trolls and act 4. the first three acts are much more classic and line with what Dirk is talking about. so....if your right, he is a pre-act 6 fan like I imagine much of the fanbase is before act 6 got all slow and such.

    So its weird, between Davesprite, Tavros and Hussie, there is three orange guys representing three different turning points in the narrative: if he goes to Davesprite, he is a pre-act 3 fan. if goes to change Tavros somehow, he is a pre-trolls fan, and if he goes to change Hussie at the you specify, he is a pre-Act 6 fan.

    your theory is the most probable, but just saying: orange guy can technically refer to at least three different people.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!



  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: At Rater
    Show

    That might be the strongest possibility yeah, messing with the narrator themselves is definitely bigger than what I was thinking and probably more accurate.

    that would be near the beginning of act 6, right? act 6 could be when it got a lot talky everywhere, but it got real talky before then with the trolls and act 4. the first three acts are much more classic and line with what Dirk is talking about. so....if your right, he is a pre-act 6 fan like I imagine much of the fanbase is before act 6 got all slow and such.

    So its weird, between Davesprite, Tavros and Hussie, there is three orange guys representing three different turning points in the narrative: if he goes to Davesprite, he is a pre-act 3 fan. if goes to change Tavros somehow, he is a pre-trolls fan, and if he goes to change Hussie at the you specify, he is a pre-Act 6 fan.

    your theory is the most probable, but just saying: orange guy can technically refer to at least three different people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He seems to in general have a problem with how Hussey handled the original narrative.

    He draws specific attention to Act 1, so I imagine his prefered world will be like that.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He seems to in general have a problem with how Hussey handled the original narrative.

    He draws specific attention to Act 1, so I imagine his prefered world will be like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. well.

    That effort is just straight up doomed to failure then. Dirk trying to replicate that nonsense for all the other acts is like trying to set a house on fire with an ice cube. he couldn't even replicate the basic opening jokes of that sort of thing in his own introduction in this comic because he was too self-absorbed in his own monologues and he gone to narrative prattle to skip over all the actual shenanigans Terezi wanted him to do. if thats his narrative goal, he could've had full act 1 replication right there and then to demonstrate how well he does it, and he failed miserably.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-26 at 05:01 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!



  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Can we discuss other things loosely related to Homestuck here? Because I have some ideas for things to include in a Fanventure.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Can we discuss other things loosely related to Homestuck here? Because I have some ideas for things to include in a Fanventure.
    I assume so but have no idea for sure.

    Also that was a great start so far for the sequel. Since it shows that the story isn't over by a long shot which is great in my book.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    I need to go back and read the epilogue stuff. I sort of skimmed it thinking there wouldn't be much of anything new on the horizon.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2019-11-13 at 01:13 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I need to go back and read the epilogue stuff. I sort of skimmed it thinking there wouldn't be much of anything new on the horizon.
    It's worth the read just for the rivalry between the two narrators alone. Since it pretty intriguing how they compete against each other in ways that were very unexpected.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Claudius Maximus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

    I read the kotatsu page while sitting at a kotatsu. Oddly satisfying.

    Anyway, I enjoyed the epilogues, and hope this takes thing in another interesting direction.
    Multas Gratias to Kopaka for the great avatar.

    Editor and playtester for Legend. Check it out, or drop in on the Legend Chat to have all your questions answered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •