The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rescuing Madame Baladwell!

Tiffany

"Heather!" Tifa calls out as she sees her friend go down. Desperate to save her friend she loops behind the big wolf and calls on her innate sorcery to breath acid over the entire battlefield.

Spoiler
    Show

Big Wolf take 4 damage from entangling exhalation of last round and is still entangled for 2 more rounds.

Tifa moves around the big wolf avoiding AoOs by going wide (don't think it has reach).

Using Draconic breath burns a level 2 spell and does (4d6)[12] acid using shape breath to turn 60ft line into 60ft cone. 1 turn recharge. Every wolf hit. Allies are safe because Tifa always wards all of them against her elemental damages with Endure Exposure invocations at the start of the day. Reflex DC17 for half.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2018-08-07 at 04:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Wrong thread I'm afraid, Gothic.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

Jack Stellare, Fire and the Black
    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Alice Triori, Rescuing Madame Baladwell
    Violet, A Faerie Affair

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

*Facepalm*.

I'm having a rough day IRL.

4. - Top - End - #154

GreenSorcererElf

Fair enough. Mine's about to start.

Might want to offer a link back to the roll, potentially.

I hope yours gets better.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    Heather has... been hit by the big wolf for 14, and nommed for another 3.(17)

Then, she gets hit by the big wolf again for 12, and wolf 3 for another 6.(35)

Additionally, there is the potential for Wolf 5 to have hit her as well, which is where the question comes in, as that would put you at 39 total damage, which would be lethal.

Now, I'm positive that Ilven has said that you're alive, as would 5 was dead before it could have hit you.(-7 before Alice's heal, 3 afterwards.)
    okay fine - that I wont argue with - guess heather is dead - its been real - see ya later

6. - Top - End - #156

GreenSorcererElf

Oy! I didn't spend that much time convincing Ilven to not kill Heather for you to simply depart!

Heather's alive, at 3. Please don't provoke more AoO's.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-08-07 at 10:58 AM.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

I disagree with your assessment
    4 hits to include prone movement for 35 points damage - which is -7 hp add a heal for 10 which may or may not happen before another AoO from another foe -
    in a combat that the gm did a suicidal placement of players in my opinion

convince me why to no be done with this ?

8. - Top - End - #158

GreenSorcererElf

Because your prone movement was done before group init was declared, far before your turn would have been.

Tifa killed Wolf 5, and that should have happened before you triggered the AoO from it, so you wouldn't have taken that hit, leaving you still alive.

I do agree that the placement was suboptimal, but it also makes sense, since none of us have any actual combat training. And we specified that as the order. So we make rookie mistakes, IC.
    After this, I think we'll be rather more prepared.

I might be wrong, but I'm rather hopeful that we'll see improvement in the near future, so long as we don't die.

Walking straight into an ambush is bad.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

9. - Top - End - #159

A. I followed the team stated placement, (With the exception of Alice being near bushes which was heavily suggested) if the placement was suicidal, then with the possible exception of Alice none of that is my fault.

B. This is exactly how wolves hunt in the real world, surrounding their prey.

C. The real suicidal part, was deciding to crawl away from the wolf with the large chance of hitting you, for alot of damage, while low on hp. Crawling provokes, why didn't you take a total defense or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    A. I followed the team stated placement, (With the exception of Alice being near bushes which was heavily suggested) if the placement was suicidal, then with the possible exception of Alice none of that is my fault.

B. This is exactly how wolves hunt in the real world, surrounding their prey.

C. The real suicidal part, was deciding to crawl away from the wolf with the large chance of hitting you, for alot of damage, while low on hp. Crawling provokes, why didn't you take a total defense or something.
    A: okay on the original map you had heather way out on the left - heather was never placed in the middle of the group
    B: it may be but the number of wolves CR encounter vs. the CR of party seems a bit overpowered from GM.
    C: - I have copied all OOC and IC comments related to this - Lastly up until 8-4-18 we were still in separate initiatives and the action for Heather had not taken e=ffect - That is where I had a huge issue

Spoiler: Comments and dates
    Show

Post #20 goes to the bridge and waits
    Post #28 position somewhere in the middle
    Post #40
    Fliggl: 21
    Big wolf =21
    Wolf 5 =19
    Wolf 4 =12
    Dayme: 11
    Wolf =7
    Wolf 1 =8
    Alice: 7
    Wolf 2 =7
    Beb: 4
    Wolf 6= 3
    Tifa: 3
    Wolf 3 =3
    Heather: 3
    Post #42 big boss charges forward lunging at Heather
    14 points of damage - Prone
    Since Heather is prone, she is hit for a further 3 points (17 total of 28)
    Post #46 Heather summons her drakken familiar to E 17 then moves prone 5ft from big wolf 1 to F17 - this is out of turn due to weekend and uncertainty of post rates of others
    Post #49 The big wolf & Wolf 5 & Wolf 3 gets an AoO - this should not happen as heathers action has not taken place yet
    I believe the total damage kills Heather outright.
    - again should not happen as heathers initiative had not occured yet
    OOC Posts
    Post #92 Initiative (1d20+1)[3] and heather will target alice with shield of faith on her action
    Post #119 - Issues with combat
    Post #137 Group initiative - Sure in fact we'll start using it, i you haven't gone this turn, feel free to go (8-3-18)

EDIT
    IF Heather had been placed in the middle as stated she may or may not have been a target for big boss wolf, or other wolf for the 1st 17 damage- then as you have heathers initiative as LAST she would not have acted until last no matter what was stated as having action done, AND you should have started round #2 as the group initiative not late round 1 a few before heather would have gone normally

SO that stated I feel that Heathers prensense is no loger required the GM stated
    I believe the total damage kills Heather outright.
    - so I have alot of issues that need the gm to explain or I guess i just need to end heather here and now
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-08 at 11:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

GreenSorcererElf

Ignoring Positioning issues...

Heather is not dead. At the start of the current round, Alice heals her to 3, leaving her prone.

Wolf 5 was dead before the fatal AoO would have occurred.
    Wolf 3 made a normal attack.

The rest would happen, based on your last posted action(Crawling away from the big wolf, which provokes) happening when it was your turn, before group init.
    On Group Init, well... it's our turn.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

12. - Top - End - #162

A Heather was placed in the middle of the group on the left line, a box formation was never discussed so I put her on the left line of the group. The fact that everyone proceeded to move to the right, is again. Hardly my fault, with the possible exception of Alice.

B The EL of the encounter is somewhere slightly below 6, which sounds high till you remember that A. You're 6 players thus a higher level encounter is required, I would go to 5 based on the players alone. Then you're gestalt which I would normally pump that up another 1 since you're the equivalent of say 9 players. 12 classes between you, but only 6 actions, but you can't control the gestalt, so I feel 8 players is close to a balancing point. So it'd be up 2, which since this encounter hovers below and to, a 6 is fine. I would not use a single CR 6 monster, but a 4 and say a 3, yeah sure.

C I have alot of issues that you need to explain. You never mentioned that you had trouble posting on the weekends so why are you expecting me to be a mindreader and know that you only posted cause you weren't sure you'd be able to do so promptly when your turn popped up?

In addition, awesome you posted that you wanted to crawl away from the wolf on the weekend. Why would you hesitate to crawl away from 1 enemy, when you had no problem crawling away from said enemy and one more enemy? Under what possible interpretation of events is Heather not massively bleeding out before getting healed? Both Tifa and Beb had moved by the time I posted, neither of them were able to kill big wolf 1. So what would have happened is they both would have failed to kill big wolf 1, you'd have tried crawling away from reasons I'm still unclear on, and provoked and hit dying.

So another issue that you need to explain is why you decided to crawl away.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    A Heather was placed in the middle of the group on the left line, a box formation was never discussed so I put her on the left line of the group. The fact that everyone proceeded to move to the right, is again. Hardly my fault, with the possible exception of Alice.

B The EL of the encounter is somewhere slightly below 6, which sounds high till you remember that A. You're 6 players thus a higher level encounter is required, I would go to 5 based on the players alone. Then you're gestalt which I would normally pump that up another 1 since you're the equivalent of say 9 players. 12 classes between you, but only 6 actions, but you can't control the gestalt, so I feel 8 players is close to a balancing point. So it'd be up 2, which since this encounter hovers below and to, a 6 is fine. I would not use a single CR 6 monster, but a 4 and say a 3, yeah sure.

C I have alot of issues that you need to explain. You never mentioned that you had trouble posting on the weekends so why are you expecting me to be a mindreader and know that you only posted cause you weren't sure you'd be able to do so promptly when your turn popped up?

In addition, awesome you posted that you wanted to crawl away from the wolf on the weekend. Why would you hesitate to crawl away from 1 enemy, when you had no problem crawling away from said enemy and one more enemy? Under what possible interpretation of events is Heather not massively bleeding out before getting healed? Both Tifa and Beb had moved by the time I posted, neither of them were able to kill big wolf 1. So what would have happened is they both would have failed to kill big wolf 1, you'd have tried crawling away from reasons I'm still unclear on, and provoked and hit dying.

So another issue that you need to explain is why you decided to crawl away.
    when i look at the map pre first strike [/I]and see Character X Character X Character X Character X line abreast and heather at the far left that is not the middle in my opinion

I am going with the GM's statement that Heather died - the character is done and so am I have a great game all
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-08 at 04:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

GreenSorcererElf

Well, I tried.

Guess we're almost certainly going back to town after this, since all the nopes.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm still in for it if the DM is still willing.....party of five isn't the worst thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    This is crazy talk, there's no such thing as too much Sleep!

16. - Top - End - #166

GreenSorcererElf

Yep.

Emotional trauma, alas, is not one of the things I'm good at RPing, but I'll be giving it a go! Probably.
    If Heather actually dies.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

17. - Top - End - #167

I'm still interested in dm'ing this.

18. - Top - End - #168

GreenSorcererElf

Then onwards we go, down one player(and PC)!

Now, we just need to find out if the wolves kill us all.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yep, I think that's where we are. By my count, everyone has gone this round
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    This is crazy talk, there's no such thing as too much Sleep!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup.

Emotional trauma, alas, is not one of the things I'm good at RPing, but I'll be giving it a go! Probably. If Heather actually dies.
    Likewise. I'm better with old scars and jaded attitudes ... I've lived a charmed life IRL, so I don't have a lot of experience to draw on in terms of shock or grief.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

21. - Top - End - #171

GreenSorcererElf

*Is Confused*

Wolf 1 was biting Amsterdam, and Wolf 3 was biting Alice...

Why Wolf 1's damage going to Alice, and Wolf 3's going to Amsterdam?

For that matter...

Why is Wolf 3 not on the map?

EDIT: Ooh! I might have actually accomplished something IC!
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-08-09 at 07:48 AM.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

22. - Top - End - #172

*Is Confused*

Wolf 1 was biting Amsterdam, and Wolf 3 was biting Alice...

Why Wolf 1's damage going to Alice, and Wolf 3's going to Amsterdam?

For that matter...

Why is Wolf 3 not on the map?

EDIT: Ooh! I might have actually accomplished something IC!
    Cause I hate all of you.

Nah, I must have gotten spun around.

Also for some reason I hit the wrong number when moving the wolf so it was wolf 7

23. - Top - End - #173

GreenSorcererElf

I fear I have made a major error with building Alice.

We have this nifty ability to replace spells as we gain in levels.
    I, alas didn't use it.
    (partially because I'm not at all sure it hasn't been removed.)

I should have, to learn cure minor wounds, instead of inflict minor wounds.

(This is because Alice can, with a use of bardic music, add her perform skill ranks to the amount healed. So a cantrip would heal 8 points.)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-08-11 at 08:37 AM.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

24. - Top - End - #174

I fear I have made a major error with building Alice.

We have this nifty ability to replace spells as we gain in levels.
    I, alas didn't use it.
    (partially because I'm not at all sure it hasn't been removed.)

I should have, to learn cure minor wounds, instead of inflict minor wounds.

(This is because Alice can, with a use of bardic music, add her perform skill ranks to the amount healed. So a cantrip would heal 8 points.)
    From bard levels, or sorcerer levels?

25. - Top - End - #175

GreenSorcererElf

Sorcerer levels.

Every even level, a sorcerer can exchange a spell 2 levels below her maximum.

Bards starting at 5, and then every 3, can do the same thing. But, alas, we're not 5th level.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

26. - Top - End - #176

Sorcerer levels.

Every even level, a sorcerer can exchange a spell 2 levels below her maximum.

Bards starting at 5, and then every 3, can do the same thing. But, alas, we're not 5th level.
    I'm going to rule no, since that goes against the spirit of the game.

27. - Top - End - #177

GreenSorcererElf

Fair enough! Well, if we do pick up healing spells, Alice can make them more potent.
    It also applies to things like lesser restoration.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

If anybody else wants healing, I have six shots of Healing Devotion for 10 hp.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

29. - Top - End - #179

Fair enough! Well, if we do pick up healing spells, Alice can make them more potent.
    It also applies to things like lesser restoration.
    Also to be clear, feel free to do that with your bard spells known when you hit that level.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I have a level of cleric, so at least free stabilization from me :)