New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1181
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: In Search of Sanity II [IC - Group #2]

Jens

Not seeing any combat immediately, Jens will move up next to Meani, and ask through the collective.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "I am back. My apologies I... am not entirely sure what happened, but if anyone needs assistance I still have a bit of power left."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

R5T20: Not seeing any combat immediately, Jens will move up next to Meani, and ask through the collective:
    Spoiler: Jens >>> Collective
    Show
    "I am back. My apologies I... am not entirely sure what happened, but if anyone needs assistance I still have a bit of power left."

R5T19: Flair chided himself for trying to use the tether again. He was about to try and knock the Tatterman off guard to help Dorn when it disappeared from sight. He had been too busy wracking his brain on how it could have healed the way he did to look for telltale traces of spellwork. Rather than continue to attack blindly, he brought his arms up in a defensive gesture until he could establish where it went.
    Spoiler: Flair >>> Collective
    Show
    "Jens, I have a mission for you, if you can. I need you to get the Tatterman in the collective and start draining him. It'll be a reccuring source of both damage and healing and we need both badly right now."

R5T18: Dorn says aloud, so Brother Jaume is not left out. "Everybody east of where I'm going; Brother Jaume next to me with detect magic looking west." He then moves out of the west and into some rubble at the end of the corridor (for those that can see that). His hammer is up and ready to slam down if the Tatterman comes his way.

R5T17: Maeni, you successfully cast summon monster I! What do you summon, where do you put it, and what do you tell it to do? Then, what do you do for your own action? Do you take Dorn's advice/ request/ order and go east of his position?

Brother Jaume on deck, Nadya in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As a golden hound appears near Brother Jaume, Maeni simply says to it, hoping the tatterman would qualify :

"Seek the odd smell !"

At the same time, she tries to get a better look at the place where it stood.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, a celestial hound appears to the left of brother Jaume, and Maeni moves to the square directly above that hound. I'm making the hound try to locate an invisible creature, and Maeni will prepare a claw attack, that will be used if the tatterman comes into melee range.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The solidly built monk moves next to Dorn as asked and Prays for aid seeking to detect magic in the area.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cast detect magic

5. - Top - End - #995

R5T17: As a golden hound appears near Brother Jaume, Maeni simply says to it, hoping the Tatterman would qualify, "Seek the odd smell!"

The golden hound does so, and then barks furiously at Flair. At the same time, Maeni tries to get a better look at the place where it stood. She stands under Nadya, and doesn't see anything in Ulver's square other than Ulver's mutilated corpse.

R5T10: The solidly built monk moves next to Dorn as asked and Prays for aid seeking to detect magic in the area. He senses magic in the area.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T24:
    Nadya clears the area to a point in the air behind the monk.

R6T21: Corbin, right now you are trying to use the mist as cover for stealth. You have an acid bolt loaded. You are scared. What do you do?

Jens on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Dwarf in the Playground

Corbin hunkers down, unsure of what to do. His hands rhythmically tense and untense on the crossbow, as he looks in the direction of the barking warilly...

Show
    Hold action until someone tells him to get up and move, or the sounds of combat start up again.

7. - Top - End - #997

R6T21: Corbin hunkers down, unsure of what to do. His hands rhythmically tense and untense on the crossbow, as he warily looks in the direction of the barking.

R6T20: Jens, what do you do? The mist in the SE corner of the western chamber is clearing. Still pretty hazy, but no blocked sight anymore.

Flair on deck, Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair looks at the dog irritably. "לא, לא אני, הדופלגנגר! כלב רע!" he said in Celestial, before slipping back to Common. "Everyone stay sharp. It could strike from any angle. Dorn, any clue where it is?"
    Show
    Second verse, same as the first!
    MA:Maintain Totem
    SA: Total Defense Action

Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "No, not me, the Doppelganger! Bad dog!"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Following Dorn's instructions, Jens moves to be about 10 ft to the east of the old man, and then prepares himself to do something he really doesn't wish to do. Jens prepares to force the Tatterman into the collective once he is visible.

Show
    Move East as Dorn called for. Readied Action to use Unwilling Particpant to force Tatterman into the collective.... Hopefully Jens fails at that.

10. - Top - End - #1000

R6T20: Following Dorn's instructions, Jens moves to be about 10 ft to the east of the old man, and then prepares himself to do something he really doesn't wish to do. Jens prepares to force the Tatterman into the collective once he is visible.

R6T19: Flair looks at the dog irritably. "לא, לא אני, הדופלגנגר! כלב רע!" he said in Celestial, before slipping back to Common. "Everyone stay sharp. It could strike from any angle. Dorn, any clue where it is?"

Dorn gives a quick shake of his head, with a side nod to Brother Jaume.
    Spoiler: Dorn >>> Collective
    Show
    "No, but he's on it."

R6T17.1: The golden pup continues to look to Maeni for approval, barking at Flair.

R6T17: Maeni, what do you do?

Show

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Pointing where her allies seems to be under attack, Maeni says to the pup :

"Other odd smell that way ?"

Show
    So I'll try to direct the pup to another odd smell (and what's oddest that something you smell but doesn't see ?). And keep some space between me and the possible location of the tatterman. Pretty sure it means I won't move a lot.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume continues to concentrate on clarifying the location and type of magic he senses. Ready an action to strike with magic fist should the Tatterman reappear in range.

13. - Top - End - #1003

R6T17: Pointing where her allies seems to be under attack, Maeni says to the pup, "Other odd smell that way?"

R6T10: Brother Jaume continues to concentrate on clarifying the location and type of magic he senses.
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume
    Show
    You register 10 magical auras, none above faint in strength.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T24-21.5:
    Nadya delays, and then a split-second later, says, "Hey! I just heard something go past me. I think he just flew past me!"

R7T20: Jens, a half-second after Nadya says, this ....
    Spoiler: Jens
    Show
    your incredible senses feel the air disturbed right above you. But you don't think you've been passed, so much as something quickly moved into position above you that you cannot see.
    What do you do?

Nadya & Corbin delaying, Flair on deck, Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Hearing Nadya, Jens looks up, he sees nout, but can almost feel the bloodthirst hanging over his head. With certainty, Jens calls out, "He is above me!" and quickly works to gather power to himself. The usual loud display occurs and Jens focuses it before lashing out at the air above his head and stepping away from the unseen threat.

Show
    Free action speak.
    Move Action: Gather Power to reduce Kinetic blast by 1 point.
    Standard Action: Attack Action using Kinetic Blade as part of the action (cost reduced to 0 burn by gather power) on the space above Jens where he senses an unseen foe.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[18] Damage: (2d6+6)[12] (Sheet says 2d6+4 but it should be 2d6+2+wis mod so 2d6+6) Slashing Damage treated as magic for DR
    Miss Chance: High is good for hitting, (1d100)[4]
    non-action 5ft step underneath Nadya.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair stepped closer and fired his tether above Jens. If Jens was right and he was lucky, he might be able to get a hold of it.
    Show
    5 foot step north.
    MA: Maintain totem.
    SA: Fire tether 'cause why not? (1d20+3)[11] vs touch. (1d6)[1] damage (1d100)[15] miss chance.

16. - Top - End - #1006

R7T20: Hearing Nadya, Jens looks up, he sees naught, but can almost feel the bloodthirst hanging over his head. With certainty, Jens calls out, "He is above me!" and quickly works to gather power to himself. The usual loud display occurs and Jens focuses it before lashing out at the air above his head and stepping away from the unseen threat, hitting nothing.

R7T19: Flair stepped closer and fired his tether above Jens. If Jens was right and he was lucky, he might be able to get a hold of it. Flair, as usual, is not lucky.

R7T18: Dorn has some difficulty squeezing around the rubble but gets to a spot where he can than swing at where the Tatterman is believed to be. Torag guides his hammer true as he strikes for 16! A hideous screech of pain is heard.

R7T17.1: The golden dog perks up its head sideways and goes tearing to the east, barking. It gets past Jens and Dorn and barks at the incorporate air.

R7T17: Maeni, what do you do?

Show

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    The dog found it, and I'll spray water on it.

She moves to havesight to the suspected position, then casts a spell.

Show
    Two steps up, then casts create water above the tatterman, as a rain like effect. Dog will try to attack Tatterman too.

18. - Top - End - #1008

R7T17:
    Spoiler: Maeni >>> Collective
    Show
    "The dog found it, and I'll spray water on it."
    Maeni moves to have a sightline to the suspected position. She only has a partial bead, but without needing to target the Tatterman directly, it doesn't matter. She casts a spell directly at the ceiling above where the Tatterman is supposedly floating. A tiny bead of water forms, threatening to balloon out, but instantly winks out of view, the magic unable to find itself in a suitable receptacle.
    Spoiler: Maeni
    Show
    Create water requires a container from as small as desired to no more than ... at your current level, 18 gallons in volume. Wide open spaces doesn't work.

R7T10: Brother Jaume, what do you do, now that a "current" bead is on the Tatterman, which is in the wrong direction as you were looking (which was to the west)?

Nadya on deck, Tatterman in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will move down the hall carefully East to take up position next to the golden pooch.
    Spoiler
    Show

Full defense, mobility, drop detect magic

20. - Top - End - #1010

R7T10: Brother Jaume will move east down the hall carefully to take up position next to the golden pooch.

R7T1: The sound of a man's voice is heard chanting somewhere down the hall, but nobody sees anything.
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume, Dorn, Flair
    Show
    Detect evil.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T24:
    Nadya belches lightning at where the Tatterman is supposed to be, doing 1 electricity to something 5' off the ground there.

R8T22: To a lesser creature so beleaguered by enemies, it would perhaps be unwise to reveal one's position and to escape while possible. But this creature is one of true hatred and malice, and even so inconsequential a strike as what Nadya gave it causes the Tatterman to lash out at her, ruining his invisibility as he slashes her right foot for 8. Yet, he grimaces in anger as that wound barely shows at all (having all been absorbed by a still-active vigor).

This is the first time this battle that Maeni gets to actually see the Tatterman, and even that with some cover between them. The Tatterman is truly a uniquely horrifying, terrifying sight ... far more than anything else she has - in her current memory - ever faced before. Even though she keeps her mental strength from eroding at the sight of the creature, still there is not much more of this that Maeni can handle before she is likely to lose her grip on reality.

R8T21: Corbin, you hear the sounds of combat. What do you do?

Jens on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Show
    "I think I shall step away from direct confrontation if someone else wishes to step up."

Fulfilling his mental words with action, Jens steps away from the horror that is the Tatterman. Taking a deep steadying breath, Jens then tries to force the Tatterman into the collective.

Show
    5ft step out of Tatterman's reach. Freeing up the spot beneath Nadya if someone wants to get in melee range of Tats.
    Standard Action: Unwilling Participant on Tatterman. Will DC 15 to resist.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Dwarf in the Playground

Corbin takes a deep breath and darts quietly from cover, turning towards the sounds of combat to snap a shot off at the tatterman.
    Show
    Move 5' Up, 5' diagonally up/right, attempting to move silently. Fire crossbow bolt at Tatterman
    Crossbow: (1d20+7)[10]Damage: (1d8+1)[5]Acid: (1d4)[3]

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair advances towards the Tatterman. Not wanting to abandon his totem, he was only able to get into position for now, but there's not much else he can do to help. To the voice that spoke earlier, he responds with "A bit busy at the moment, but I'll be sure to pass that along." before tepeing the collective about its request.
    Spoiler: tepe
    Show
    "You heard the thing; if you're able and not too busy directly assaulting the Tatterman, see if detect evil shows something other than the obvious."

Show
    Move 15 feet east, to being right behind Dorn. Maintain totem. That's it, so no point walking into the line of fire.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2019-10-25 at 12:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1014

R8T21: Corbin takes a deep breath and darts quietly from cover, turning towards the sounds of combat to snap a shot off at the Tatterman.
    Spoiler: Corbin
    Show
    Your stealth was exceptional and you hit him in his eye, doing 8 +
    Spoiler: Corbin
    Show
    3 acid, the specialized bolt doing its work. You are a steely-eyed professional. But even with an acid bolt in his eye, he levels his other eye on you, and you find him truly and spectacularly terrifying.

Spoiler: ALCON, except Corbin
    Show
    As soon as Corbin brought up his aim to look at the Tatterman, something snapped in his demeanor .... though being a tengu it is hard to get a bead on it. His shot misses, but because he almost relaxed too much as if he is looking at some far-away incident.

R8T20:
    Show
    "I think I shall step away from direct confrontation if someone else wishes to step up."
    Fulfilling his mental words with action, Jens steps away from the horror that is the Tatterman. Taking a deep steadying breath, Jens then tries to force the Tatterman into the collective. Jens is easily rebuffed against the alien mind.

R8T19: Flair advances towards the Tatterman. Not wanting to abandon his totem, he was only able to get into position for now, but there's not much else he can do to help. To the voice that spoke earlier, he responds in with, "A bit busy at the moment, but I'll be sure to pass that along," before tepeing the collective about its request.
    Spoiler: Flair >>> Collective
    Show
    "You heard the thing; if you're able and not too busy directly assaulting the Tatterman, see if detect evil shows something other than the obvious."

R8T18: Dorn's hammer is almost magically lifted by angels to strike the Tatterman again for 14, and then 15, each swing debilitating in their own way, and hurting the evil creature true against the Toragdan saint's smite. He then bravely steps right underneath the horror.

R8T17.1-.0: The celestial dog disappears. Maeni, what do you do?

Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“May the power of Lawful retribution flow from my fist and send you back to whatever nightmare realm that spawned you, fiend!” shouts the enraged moneric as he punches at the floating horror in a flurry of powerful jabs.

Spoiler
    Show

full attack, PA , flurry of blows, current bonus for bless and magic weapon not included. Use magic fist for both attacks.
    (1d20+6)[15] to hit #1
    (1d6+6)[10] to damage #1
    (1d20+6)[15] to hit #2
    (1d6+6)[9] to damage #2

26. - Top - End - #1016

R8T17: Still flush with Jens' power to protect her, Maeni decides to take a gamble and rushes to an opening, purposefully drawing an AOO. Sure enough, she is slashed along the belly for 6, all of which seems absorbed by the vigor. She casts a very simple spell and touches Dorn.
    Spoiler: Maeni >>> Collective (Dorn)
    Show
    "Here's a little boost to help your next attack!"

R8T10: “May the power of Lawful retribution flow from my fist and send you back to whatever nightmare realm that spawned you, fiend!” shouts the enraged clonk as he punches at the floating horror in a flurry of powerful jabs that the Tatterman easily dodges.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T24:
    Nadya hovers where she is and fires a ray of frost at the Tatterman in the chest for
    5 cold.

R9T22: The Tatterman hovers over Brother Jaume now, but he seems badly battered. He takes a quick study of Dorn, the one who has hurt him so badly. He now begins to recognize the threat he is facing, and attacks the older man defensively. That choice is a failure, as his slash gets through the holy protection and even Dorn's studded leather, only to find that the man has leathery skin to stop the blade. Even a strange visual double of the Tatterman's war razor misses.

R9T21: Corbin, you are overcome with madness, and you stand and babble incoherently.

R9T20: Jens, what do you do?

Flair on deck, Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens focuses and once more attempts to draw the Tatterman into the collective.

Show
    Standard Action: Attempt Unwillling Participant.

28. - Top - End - #1018

R9T20: Jens focuses and once more attempts to draw the Tatterman into the collective, but again finds that the Tatterman's mind is too strong.

R9T19: Flair, Milo's lucky break is now usable again. You are concentrating on the war totem. What do you do?

Dorn on deck, Maeni in the hole ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair grimaces slightly, doing his best to maintain his totem while waiting for the Tatterman to get close enough to harry. It wasn't much, but it was all he could reasonably do at this point.
    Show
    MA: Maintain totem
    SA: Ready an Aid Another attempt to give Dorn a +2 to hit if the Tatterman gets within melee range.

30. - Top - End - #1020

R9T19: Flair grimaces slightly, doing his best to maintain his totem while waiting for the Tatterman to get close enough to harry. It wasn't much, but it was all he could reasonably do at this point.

R9T18: Dorn calls on the last of his favors with Torag for what might be his final onslaught, even as he uses the insight that Maeni has given him. His warhammer slams against the Tatterman's upper right arm for 13. His final blow is a critical to Tatterman's chest for 16 .... enough for Tatterman to fall and spill off of Brother Jaume to land behind the cleric. Dorn is shivering from the exertion and the fact he did all of this while shaken.

R9T17: Maeni, what do you do?

Show