Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    You're right, time is not something that we have in abundance, in fact we don't have time for the captain to go ahead and return. I'd like to keep everyone together, but if things get hairy, Captain Rakham could take to the skies with the miners to keep them out of harm's way while the rest of us handle the rebels.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2018

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The captain nods, "aye I can do that one, but I'd like one or two designated te come with as support in case they give chase"
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    "Don't worry, Captain," Aurora assured, "I am a very fast flier. If any pursue the boat, I can carry someone up and get ahead of them. I doubt any of the Freedom Fighters will have the ability to fly at my top speed of forty-eight miles an hour! I can't do that for long, but I'll be rather surprised if it proves necessary at all."
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Jaylyn was taken-aback when Bramwell corrected her, "Oh my, I humbly apologize. Please forgive me Captain Bramwell Rakham." Jaylyn said sincerely, bowing deeply.

    Jaylyn then looked over at Aurora, "If it get to that, let me be the person that comes along with you. With my 'Constricting Coils' natural flier will plummet to the ground. and those who use magic...well let's just say I have an answer for that as well." Jaylyn says smiling slyly at the end.

    Jaylyn finally climbs back in the lead wagon, "I'm ready to go whenever the rest of you all are." Jaylyn finished closing her eyes and leaning against the side, relaxing before the big fight that is to come.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

    No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    "That will depend on how things look on the ground, Jaylyn," Aurora pointed out. "We may need your area spells more than we need you to ground fliers. Don't forget, I still have my 'Sirocco' if we need to do that! If there are more enemies on the ground than in the air, you're probably better served staying low and dealing with them. I can go alone or carry Markas up. I could carry both you and Markas if necessary, and then you could fly on your own wings once we get up there, while Markas attacks from my back or jumps to the boat," the centaur said, trotting up to the front of the caravan as the General requested.
    "I'm good to go whenever!" she said.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    "I may not fly as good as the rest of you but I can leap anywhere within 100 feet as long as I land on something solid after that, so depending on how high you plan to take your ship I can make it, or as a plan B I have my carpet. It's not as fast but its flight ability is unlimited," Markas replied. "I will say I am much better suited to ground support rather than air support so I think I should stay with the wagons."
    Festival of Heroes

    Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

    The Lily Blooms

    Andariel Evergreen

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Duke Magnus yawned loudly. "So if you're all ready to load up, lets get the show on the road." He said with a clap of his hands.

    "Alright, dummies! Load up!" Dworfina yelled.

    The Dwarves loaded up into the wagons and waited on the heroes.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Markas sat on the middle wagon ready to go towards either side of the train if it gets attacked.
    Festival of Heroes

    Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

    The Lily Blooms

    Andariel Evergreen

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    When everyone was settled and ready, the wagon train started moving. At first, enchanted horses were used to get from the castle to the appropriate gate in short order. But those horses were city horses, used to paved streets and crowds, not combat trained. So they were swapped out at the gate for combat-trained heavy horses, so they wouldn't panic if, no, when, the caravan was attacked. With the sturdier horses yoked, the wagon train left the city, flanked by centaurs.

    Outside the gate was a wide open field about a quarter of a mile wide, with no buildings and only scrubby trees to be seen. This was a carefully cultivated an maintained space for soldiers to fight to repel invaders, similar in concept but larger in design to the open space surrounding the castle walls. Beyond that began a scrubby forest. The terrain was gently hilly, but quite rocky in places. Here, inns, taverns and the occasional odd shop catering to the needs of travelers sprung up along the road. Lone houses could be seen here and there further away, with well-worn dirt trails leading from them to the main road. Unlike to the south and west, where the land swiftly grew covered with thick forest, the east road grew steadily rockier and steeper as the land sloped towards the mineral-rich mountains.
    The hills were blanketed with vibrant summer grass, and goatherds with their horned charges were a not-uncommon sight. The heroes eyed the herdsmen suspiciously, but they all appeared engrossed in keeping their unruly goats in check, and paid no mind to the wagon train at all.
    Eventually, the boulders gave way to rocky outcroppings topped with evergreen trees, and before long, the road was leading the caravan through a sparse pine forest. Soon, the forest north of the road began to thicken.

    Aurora lifted a hand as she slowed to a stop, her other hand gripping her mana crystal-edged bow to her chest.
    "Hold!" she said, "There's some kind of camp just ahead of us to the north, Gorrun! I see some people--oh!" she stopped abruptly, eyes widening. "Tigers!"
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Suddenly, a large band appeared from behind trees blocking anyone's view from the road. There was a mix of humans, Elves, and Dwarves. All were armed and looking for a fight. The band formed ranks along the treeline. Each had a look of righteous anger in their eyes. There were even more beyond the front lines looking just as mean and ready to attack.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show


    Perception DC25 to act in surprise round.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-08-04 at 02:27 PM.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    dysmorphia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Perception check 37 (discord dice roller).

    Alerted to the presence of the waiting ambush, Kestejoo let out a warning in his best, clearest common. "Attack!"

    Then, gathering the will of his God with swift movements of his hand and calling upon the Chained One with his voice, Kestejoo cast sunbeam. He used one of the beams immediately, aiming to get the most targets in one shot.

    Spoiler: Sunbeam & map
    Show

    Each creature in the beam is blinded (permanently*) and takes 4d6 points of damage. Any creatures to which sunlight is harmful or unnatural take double damage. A successful Reflex save negates the blindness and reduces the damage by half.

    An undead creature caught within the beam takes 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d6), or half damage if a Reflex save is successful. In addition, the beam results in the destruction of any undead creature specifically harmed by bright light if it fails its save.

    The ultraviolet light generated by the spell deals damage to fungi, mold, oozes, and slimes just as if they were undead creatures.

    dmg: (4d6)[15]
    undead: (20d6)[67]
    reflex: 10 + spell level 7 + WIS 7 = 24 DC

    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Aurora pulled a little pot of salve from her spell components pouch and rubbed a bit on her eyes.
    "Divine Wind grant me truth in sight!" she chanted in Sylvan.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20
    Show
    True Seeing

    "You two drivers," Aurora said in Dwarven, turning and pointing to the two dwarves driving the second and fourth wagons, "Get down and hide on the south side of the wagons! Quickly!"
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    After Kest's Sunbeam, the gray Axe Thrower looked alert and mildly annoyed, the lime Tiger Shifter did as well, but the orange Barbarian shut her eyes with a cursing hiss and dark blue's Eidolon growled with its eyes shut.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    At Aurora's warning Gorrun leapt out of the back of the wagon. His upper right arm gripped the left rear corner of the wagon the way one might hurdle a fence. He used the shift in mass to push the wagon southward landing between it and the Eidolin (pinkish)[5ft step NW] landing with a thud he draws his scimitars and stares across the ambush. He realized that they had allowed themselves to get far too deep into the enemies trap and that he had to act quickly to avoid undue casualties.
    Captain! Plan B.

    (1d20+44)[52] Reposition vs Wagon
    (1d20+27)[42] Perception to look for friendlies in the mix.

    He took a deep breath and bellowed in common.
    You have made a grave mistake in attacking us this day. For many of you, this will prove a fatal mistake. Lay down your arms and submit to the authority of the crown and you will stand trial. Continue this assault, and you will meet your end right here and now.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show

    Swift Action: Golden Commander's Stance. All allies within 30' are considered flanking whenever an ally is adjacent to the target.

    Free Action: Grand Challenge DC 30 Will save; All enemies within 30' that can understand common are marked. They know that they have been marked by Gorrun. They receive -8 to attacks vs anyone other than Gorrun as well as gaining an additional 20% arcane spell failure chance to cast spells at anyone other than Gorrun.


    Reminder All allies including npcs within 30' of Gorrun Gain a +5 morale bonus to AC and Will saves.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The black Barbarian, pink Summoner, and pink Eidolon glared at Gorrun

    "Shuddup, ya too-many-armed royalist camel spittle!" The Barbarian yelled.

    All of the Magus waved a hand over themselves and mumbled something.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 18
    Show
    Haste


    Meanwhile, the Tiger Shifters all go Total Defense.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Aistriú jumped in surprise and gawked at the band of brigands that burst through the forest. They gripped Markas' shoulder tightly and tried to gather their wits. The danthienne shook their head to clear it, blue and green streaked hair bouncing.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Thumbs up Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Jaylyn was sitting in the lead wagon keeping her senses sharp just in case anybody got the jump on her. Her senses kept picking up...things 'Must be animals being scared off by our wagons... wait no there's too many...NO!' Jaylyn thought before the realization hit her. As she went to turn to Gorrun and opened her mouth to speak, she heard from the rear "Attack!" coming from Kest. As soon as she heard that Gorrun jumped out of the wagon, moving it slightly. 'I need to get out of this wagon before he pushes it over.' she quickly thought.

    Jaylyn switched to Draconic "Time Freeze!" as time slowed for everybody but her as she got to work.

    Spoiler: 5 rounds of time stop as rolled in the dice roller
    Show

    Round 1
    Jaylyn grew her wings and then casts Greater Invisibility.
    Round 2
    Jaylyn moved 30 East and 30 feet up and then casts See Invisibility.
    Round 3
    Jaylyn moved 5 feet North-East, 15 feet North, 35 feet North-West, 10 feet West and then casts Spell Resistance.
    Round 4
    Jaylyn, seeing no need to buff herself further, chose to look around to see who the leader might be. she moves 55 feet West, then 5 feet South-West.
    Round 5
    Jaylyn moves 15 feet West, 30 feet South-West.

    Size-up check to find who seems to be the leader (1d20+22)[28]


    Once time went back to normal Jaylyn called out "There appears to be about fifty-five of them."

    Spoiler: buffs
    Show

    greater invisibility: 18 rounds
    see invisibility: 219 minutes
    Spell Resistance: (34) for 22 minutes
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

    No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Gorrun looks up to where the voice was coming from to see Jaylyn in the air, the slight shimmer telling him she was invisible to the naked eye. Why bother disappearing if you're going to be shouting status? he wondered. Varrock must have known long peace for her to pass as an officer.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2018-08-07 at 08:59 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    so the enemy forces are more numerous than we thought... Markas's thought was interrupted by Ais clinging to him, "Don't worry little friend, I won't let them harm you." he then performed a hand sign to prepare to move quickly around the upcoming battle as small twisters surrounded his feet.

    move action: Wind Jump! 10 rounds remaining
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2018-08-07 at 09:50 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The Axe Throwers all drank extracts.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-08-07 at 10:21 PM.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Malaika suppressed a sigh of aggravation at the news and turned over in her mind the options available to her. She decided that for the moment, she was best served remaining hidden in the wagon and surprising any enemies who thought there were helpless miners within. With a grin, she widened her stance to one Gorrun had taught her to maximize her effective damage output.
    Spoiler: Stance
    Show
    (swift) By taking a wide stance that invites the death of any before him, the mighty disciple of Primal Fury wields the power of overwhelming force to it’s greatest effects. The initiator ignores difficult terrain when charging while in this stance, and whenever he is subject to a size modifier for CMB checks or to his CMD, the disciple is treated as one size category larger if doing so would be advantageous to him. He is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. Additionally, any melee weapon, unarmed strike, or natural weapon is treated as if it were two sizes larger. The benefits of this stance stack with abilities or effects that increase the initiator’s size (such as enlarge person).

    Then the rogue readied herself to strike.
    Spoiler: Ready action
    Show
    The first enemy to look inside the wagon gets a dagger to the face.
    Attack: (1d20+30)[45]
    Damage (P or S, celestial mithral): (1d10+18)[20]
    Sneak Attack: (8d8)[28]
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2018

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    "Alright ya gob****es!" the captain yells and rolls over the back of the wagon to the south side before calling out
    Spoiler: dwarven language
    Show
    "ALL MINERS GET OVER TE THE SHIP!"
    he yells in the dwarvish tongue with a devilish smile and pulls a small figurine from the folds of his coat. as the captain lands his raven casts a gaze about the area to get a general lay of the area and then whispers towards the the figurine and the captain watches with glee as it unfolds before him into the form of a small longship hovering only an inch or so above the ground
    Last edited by Jgraves; 2018-08-08 at 07:46 PM.
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The High Summoner waved his hand at his Avian Eidolon and murmured something.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 20
    Show
    Greater Heroism


    All the Barbarians began to howl in a rage.

    The other Summoners waved their hands at their Tauric Eidolons and murmured something

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 17
    Show
    Haste


    Surprise Round Done!
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-08-08 at 09:42 PM.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    dysmorphia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Kestejoo reared, grabbed the chain from his waist, and moved north 15ft until he was in front of yellow axe and blue axe. With a prayer to his God, he struck, aiming for the yellow axe first. As he swung the black, non-reflective chain, it left a shadowy haze and a menacing, moaning dirge followed each strike.

    (Using Cleave)

    Yellow Axe
    Attack: (1d20+26)[41]
    Dmg: (2d6+5)[10]


    Spoiler: If it hits Yellow...
    Show

    Kestejoo swings again to hit blue axe.

    Attack: (1d20+26)[37]
    Dmg: (2d6+5)[9]


    Spoiler: About the spiked chain - if Nat 20, see below
    Show

    Primal Iron: Primal iron weapons count as cold iron for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, affecting regeneration, and concerning vulnerability to cold iron. Creatures whose damage reduction is overcome by cold iron, or whose regeneration stops functioning due to a cold iron attack, or who are vulnerable to cold iron take half again as much damage (+50%) from a primal iron weapon (additional dice damage is not increased such as that from a burst special ability or sneak attack damage) as normal.

    Ominous: An ominous weapon trails a shadowy haze behind every stroke, and moans a menacing dirge in battle. An ominous weapon adds its enhancement bonus on Intimidate checks made by the wielder. In addition, when an ominous weapon confirms a critical hit, the target is shaken for 1 minute (DC 13 Will negates); if the weapon’s critical multiplier is greater than x2, this condition lasts 1 additional minute per multiple over x2. A creature that gains the shaken condition from an ominous weapon cannot gain that condition again from the same weapon for 24 hours.

    Vorpal: Upon a roll of natural 20 (followed by a successful roll to confirm the critical hit), the weapon severs the opponent’s head (if it has one) from its body. Some creatures, such as many aberrations and all oozes, have no heads. Others, such as golems and undead creatures other than vampires, are not affected by the loss of their heads. Most other creatures, however, die when their heads are cut off.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Aurora swiftly called forth her cloud-like wings and ascended 20' up while moving west and then northwest. She flew between the trees going north, northwest, and then curved northeast around the tree and descended back to the ground. Before rounding the tree, she glanced back at Markas and shouted out to him in Celestial, hoping the Freedom Fighters would generally not speak it.
    "Markas, put Ais on the seat south of you before you disembark and don't let them come further north than that position! I don't want them to get hurt!"
    "Oh, yeah, and sorry miners in the first... two... wagons, but things might get tricky for you in a second!" she added apologetically in Dwarven.
    The akhal-teke centaur spread her cumulus wings fast enough to make a loud snap! in the air, like a mini thunderclap, to punctuate her chanting, in common instead of the usual Sylvan.
    "I call upon the judgement of the Divine Wind, that these enemies be bid go no further!"
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20
    Show
    Control Winds
    A fierce winds, as powerful as a windstorm, sprang up within 80' of Aurora, and 40' into the sky, blasting northward.
    Medium creatures are "checked", small or smaller "blown away". Ranged weapons cannot be used, siege weapons take a -4 penalty.
    Checked: Creatures of the listed size or smaller are unable to move forward against the force of the wind unless they succeed at a DC 10 Strength check (on the ground) or a DC 20 Fly check if airborne.
    Blown Away: Creatures of the listed size on the ground are knocked prone, roll 1d4×10 feet, and take 2d6 points of nonlethal damage, unless they succeed on a DC 15 Strength check. Flying creatures of the listed size are blown back 2d6×10 feet and take 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting, unless they succeed at a DC 25 Fly check.

    Spoiler: AoE
    Show

    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The moment the Magi began to cast, Gorrun’s ring flashed a shimmering light. The shimmer covered Gorrun’s skin as a set of white feathered wings burst forth from his back. He grit his teeth and raised his scimitars. As the winds arose he flapped his large wings lifting him just off the ground, preparing to attack.
    His lower right arm, clutching his paladin shield, claps across his chest with a clang as he casts a spell, inviting attacks from the three adjacent rebels.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 18
    Show
    Heroic Fortune

    Spoiler: First Anticipated AoO
    Show

    (1d20+40)[47] Parry DC = Attack roll if successful then Reposte
    (1d20+40)[59] To hit (P/S, Crit on 55+) (1d8+21)[23]

    Spoiler: Second Anticipated AoO
    Show

    (1d20+40)[57] Parry DC = Attack roll if successful then Reposte
    (1d20+40)[52] To hit (P/S, Crit on 55+) (1d8+21)[29]

    Spoiler: Third Anticipated AoO
    Show

    (1d20+40)[45] Parry DC = Attack roll if successful then Reposte
    (1d20+40)[51] To hit (P/S, Crit on 55+) (1d8+21)[25]
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Kest scored hits on the Yellow and Blue Axe Throwers.

    The wind across the field changed and started blowing north. The Freedom Fighters might have lost a hat or two.

    The purple Barbarian saw an opening and attacked with a rapier stab.

    Attack vs. Gorrun
    (1d20+23)[25] P Dmg: (1d6+7)[11]

    The pink Eidolon attacked with a Brilliant Lance.

    Attack vs. Gorrun
    (1d20+19)[26] P Dmg: (2d6+8)[11]


    The tan Barbarian saw an opening and attacked with a rapier stab.

    Attack vs. Gorrun
    (1d20+23)[30] P Dmg: (1d6+7)[9]

    Gorrun easily parried and reposed the purple Barbarian, the pink Eidolon, and the tan Barbarian.

    The green Magus moved 40 feet south, 5 feet east, 5 feet southeast, and threw out their hand.

    "Down with the establishment!"

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 16
    Show
    Burning Hands


    A 15 foot cone of flame shot out of their hand.

    Reflex Save DC21 for half damage vs. Fire Dmg: (5d4)[13]

    Horse Reflex Save: (1d20+7)[15]

    The light blue Magus was checked from the wind and could not move forward so he threw out his hand.

    "Cripple the infilstructure!"

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 18
    Show
    Fly


    The dark blue Magus was checked from the wind but moved 20 feet north with the wind and threw out his hand.

    "I'm afraid of horses!"

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 20
    Show
    Fire Snake


    A snake of flame shot out 15 feet east from his hand and struck at Aurora.

    Reflex Save DC25 Half Damage vs. Fire Dmg: (14d6)[50]

    The brown Magus was checked from the wind and could not move forward so he threw out his hand.

    "Damned wind."

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 18
    Show
    Fly


    The purple Magus was checked from the wind and could not move forward so he threw out his hand.

    "Fight the wind!"

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 18
    Show
    Fly


    The light orange Shifter lashed out at Kest with its teeth and claws.

    Bite
    (1d20+26)[32] P Dmg: (1d6+25)[27]

    Claw 1
    (1d20+21)[25] S Dmg: 37 (All Claw damage rolled in Discord Dice Roller)

    Claw 2
    (1d20+21)[27] S Dmg: 46

    The lime Shifter moved 5 feet south and lashed out at Kest with its teeth and claws.

    Bite
    (1d20+26)[32] P Dmg: (1d6+25)[30]

    Claw 1
    (1d20+21)[33] S Dmg: 38

    Claw 2
    (1d20+21)[28] S Dmg: 43

    The light teal Shifter heard Jaylyn's voice nearby and moved 15 southeast and sniffed the air. It detected something and moved 15 feet east.

    "The vixen! She is above me!"

    The dark yellow Shifter moved 5 feet east and lashed out at Aurora with its teeth and claws.

    Bite
    (1d20+26)[45] P Dmg: (1d6+25)[31]

    Claw 1
    (1d20+21)[33] S Dmg: 48

    Claw 2
    (1d20+21)[33] S Dmg: 46

    The aqua Shifter moved 5 feet north lashed out at Aurora with its teeth and claws.

    Bite
    (1d20+26)[46] P Dmg: (1d6+25)[28]

    Claw 1
    (1d20+21)[22] S Dmg: 37

    Claw 2
    (1d20+21)[31] S Dmg: 38

    All other Shifters stayed in position in total defense.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-08-10 at 09:52 PM.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfykins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Aurora casually side-stepped the spell targeting her, shaking her head. The shifters closed in on her, but their claws raked uselessly across her shiny golden hide, and they gnawed ineffectively on her clothes.


    Aistriú heard and understood Aurora's words, and saw the wind whip up. The danthienne made a slightly distressed sound and shook their head in frustration. Aistriú whispered the command word to activate the wings Umbear had given them and flew up and west to the next wagon back and landed next to the dwarven driver.
    "Give me a moment and I will sing for you and give you a bit of protection, best as I can," the danthienne said in Sylvan-accented Dwarven.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2018-08-11 at 12:08 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show


    Spoiler: Mikorontana
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    Jaylyn looks down at the shifter under her and thought. 'You're SO lucky, I'm not at 100% or I'd go into huge dragon form and crush you. I have bigger fish to fry first.' Jaylyn looked over at crowd fighting the wind and smiled. "Let's see how you like this." She simply said. Jaylyn called on her tails magic and switched to Draconic and pointed, "A touch of Confusion!" as a burst of Mind Effecting Magic hit the crowd to the north of her.

    Jaylyn then turned to the wind and moved South-East and Up 5 feet, East and Up 5 feet, then 40 feet East. Lastly she saw a target that seemed like the leader of this group. 'Let's see if I can hold them up for a little bit, while we handle the rest of this garbage.' she thought while building up a spell. Switching to Draconic again. "Quickly Ancestors, Use your Coils to Constrict that one!" They feel as if a Giant Snake is beginning to coil around them.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft checks
    Show

    Spoiler: Spell 1 DC: 19
    Show
    Confusion

    Spoiler: Spell 2 DC: 20
    Show
    Constricting Coils
    Spoiler: Spell 2 DC: 24
    Show
    Quickened Constricting Coils


    Spoiler: DM notes
    Show

    Spoiler: Confusion
    Show

    Will Save DC: (1d4+34)[37]
    Duration: 22 Rounds
    This spell causes confusion in the targets, making them unable to determine their actions. Roll on the following table at the start of each subject’s turn each round to see what it does in that round.

    Table: Confusion Effects
    d% Behavior
    01-25 Acts normally
    26-50 Does nothing but babble incoherently
    51-75 Deals 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand
    76-100 Attacks nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self)

    A confused character who can’t carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. Note that a confused character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).

    Spoiler: Constricting Coils
    Show

    Will Save DC: (1d4+35)[37]
    Duration: 22 rounds or until a successful will save is made (which ever comes first)

    This spell functions like hold monster, except that the target is constricted as if by the coils of a large snake, taking 1d6+6 points of bludgeoning damage each round that it fails its save. A successful save ends both the paralyzing and constriction effects.

    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

    No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Howls - Main

    The four Shifters, two Summoners, both Eidolons, both Thrower, and the Barbarian all looked a bit confused.

    Jaylyn managed to capture the red Barbarian with her spell. The rager struggled helplessly against the magical snake.
    Edge Grinder

    The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

    Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

    The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

    Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •