The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Deities and Legends for Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jqavins View Post
    Dang! that is such a cool goddess that I couldn't resist replying, and now I feel obligated to come up with one myself. I'll edit this post when I've god something good.
    Also following. Will return.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deities and Legends for Everyone

A Parable of the Abyss

There is a story told in the Abyss of three spirits lost in a desert.

A Celestial, a Devil, and a Demon each independently found their way into a vast cursed desert where they began to waste away. In the middle of the desert grew a single skinny tree laden with delicious fruit.

The Celestial was the first to happen upon the tree. He said "if only a had a piece of that fruit to eat I might survive long enough to make it out of the desert". The Celestial then went off to find materials to make a ladder, so that he might pluck a piece of fruit from the tree. Such materials are scarce in the desert however, and before he could gather them he died.

Some time later the Devil happened upon the tree. He said "if only a had a piece of that fruit to eat I might survive long enough to make it out of the desert". The Devil then went off to find materials to make a saw, so that he might pluck a piece of fruit from the tree. Such materials are scarce in the desert however, and before he could gather them he died.

Finally the Demon happened upon the tree. He said "if only a had a piece of that fruit to eat I might survive long enough to make it out of the desert". The Demon took hold of the skinny tree and uprooted it, throwing it it the ground. He ate all of the fruit and had the strength to make it out of the desert alive.