New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Concourse

"I look at clothing, mainly. And sometimes I windowshop Erin's, since if I'm going to be an adventurer I probably need a weapon and all I've got right now is a catapult Lily gave me for my birthday. But generally I come here with a pretty good idea of what I need and want to buy." So she tries not to get too distracted and buy more than she needs, but most of the clothing she buys is pretty expensive. She's a natural shapeshifter, which means she can't transform her clothes with the rest of her.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Couple's Walk]

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Pissup smiles and tells of the reasonable price the entire thing is, and Caesar steps forward to pay, turning to his lover and smiling back at her. "I wish you a lovely night, folks! Come again!" He says to the couple as they leave.

Caesar wraps his arm around Deadra's waist and gives her a kiss. "You did great, my love. How do you feel?"
    Deadra casually crouches down and rubs Caesar’s neck as she blows gently in his ear.

I feel like sharing a wonderful evening with you, my darling.

Now, where shall we lay our blanket?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Concourse]

Iknika leads Natalie and Yasril through Mallside, chattering animatedly at the two taller girls.

"So, what do you want to see here? I usually come here to look at weapons, armor and stuff, but also clothes. And training equipment."

Well, here interests are certainly diverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Concourse

"I look at clothing, mainly. And sometimes I windowshop Erin's, since if I'm going to be an adventurer I probably need a weapon and all I've got right now is a catapult Lily gave me for my birthday. But generally I come here with a pretty good idea of what I need and want to buy." So she tries not to get too distracted and buy more than she needs, but most of the clothing she buys is pretty expensive. She's a natural shapeshifter, which means she can't transform her clothes with the rest of her.
    [Concourse]

"I... don't have a preference," says Yasril, suddenly coy. What does she tell them? That she's never actually been to a mall? That, as a noble, she's basically never had to buy anything for herself in her entire life? "We can see whatever you two want to see."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "That's real cool." Honeysuckle adds.

Until sometime later- "And next we visit the cafe?" Pampering and relaxation is hungry work, you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Floofadoodle Spa

Fel’s kinda pointy ears perk up at this sentiment.

Ah, yes, some refreshments seem to be in order, I would agree.
    "Oh, yes! Of course!"

The floofy proprietor does take a moment to slip on a pink apron with the shop's logo on it, before hopping behind the counter.
    "And what would you two like?"
    She seems to offer most kinds of coffee and tea related drinks, as well as many times of fluffy breads, cake, cookies, biscuits, and most other light sort of foodstuffs one might expect to find.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

[Concourse]

"Oh yeah, adventurers needs lots of stuff," Iknika says. "Right now Lady Eschelle lends me things for training. I don't know what I'll do later. And it's not like I have to stop liking pretty clothing just because I wear metal sometimes, right? It's hard to find nice things that would fit a goblin, though. Our fashion is so dull. Anyway, let's go look at some cool weapons or magic items." She leads the trio in the direction of Erin's as she prattles on.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Concourse

"Really? There's quite a lot of people smaller than human, I'd have thought there'd be stuff here for you somewhere." It's pretty much a matter of finding them, though. And not just finding clothing that fits because it's designed for human children.

But weaponry would be quite interesting.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse - Erin's]

Yasril listens patiently as she's led in the direction of Erin's. Her new underlings companions certainly have a lot of interesting things to say. Not that Yasril thinks much of it would be useful to her - common armor and weapons are nothing compared to the powers she'll eventually command. But if they're freely going to offer up information about themselves, it'd be poor form not to take advantage.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

[Concourse - Erin's]

"You'd think so, but there's lots of subtle differences between different kinds of small folk. Halfling clothes would probably be best for me. Dwarves are bigger than us. Besides, my dad would blow a gasket if he saw me wearing dwarven clothes." Iknika huffs a little. Once they reach Erin's, the item on display is, perhaps interestingly, a battle mage's armored robe, complete with a rune-carved battle staff ending in a narrow blade.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Concourse

"I guess that makes sense." Natalie probably wouldn't fit into something designed for an orc, and they're roughly human-size. When she sees the robe, Natalie gasps. She's not sure if it'd fit; she's still got a bit of growing to do, so something designed for an adult would still be a little too big. But if it's magic, it might auto-fit, which would be very nice. Not that she's exactly a battle-wizard yet; she's never cast a spell in anger, and her magic's not as directly destructive as a true battle-mage's. She'll try to pick up the staff, if she's able, see how it feels.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Firbolg in the Playground

Floofadoodle Spa

Fel’s kinda pointy ears perk up at this sentiment.

Ah, yes, some refreshments seem to be in order, I would agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Oh, yes! Of course!"

The floofy proprietor does take a moment to slip on a pink apron with the shop's logo on it, before hopping behind the counter.
    "And what would you two like?"
    She seems to offer most kinds of coffee and tea related drinks, as well as many times of fluffy breads, cake, cookies, biscuits, and most other light sort of foodstuffs one might expect to find.
    "Do you think you should have a hat too?" Honeysuckle quips a moment after the floofy cafe-operator appears behind the counter.

"Hmm, an Eavan Valley Orange tea to drink - with honey and lemon, and then...what do you think, Fel? It all seems so sweet." Almost (if such a thing is possible) too sweet. She stands skeptically near the pastries, not even facing them. Maybe a biscuit?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

"Do you think you should have a hat too?" Honeysuckle quips a moment after the floofy cafe-operator appears behind the counter.

"Hmm, an Eavan Valley Orange tea to drink - with honey and lemon, and then...what do you think, Fel? It all seems so sweet." Almost (if such a thing is possible) too sweet. She stands skeptically near the pastries, not even facing them. Maybe a biscuit?
    Ooh, I could really go for a chocolate milk and a couple of croissants.

12. - Top - End - #372

"Of course I do! It's just in the back, where I do the cooking. I obviously wouldn't wear it when serving." The floofy shopkeeper replies, smiling pleasantly.
    "Of course!"

Ooh, I could really go for a chocolate milk and a couple of croissants.
    Then she nods again, punching both orders into a cash register. "Absolutely. Those will be right out to you both!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

13. - Top - End - #373

"Of course."
    Honeysuckle practically flops into a seat to wait for the tea.

"Surely there's chocolate milk at home, Fel?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

"Of course."
    Honeysuckle practically flops into a seat to wait for the tea.

"Surely there's chocolate milk at home, Fel?"
    Felandria seems briefly abashed, but shrugs.

But chocolate milk goes so well with croissants.

And I like chocolate milk.

15. - Top - End - #375

"Does it? ... If you say so."
    Honeysuckle shakes her head. You won't catch her drinking chocolate, anyway.
    "Hope you enjoy it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Concourse - Erin's]

Yasril listens patiently as she's led in the direction of Erin's. Her new underlings companions certainly have a lot of interesting things to say. Not that Yasril thinks much of it would be useful to her - common armor and weapons are nothing compared to the powers she'll eventually command. But if they're freely going to offer up information about themselves, it'd be poor form not to take advantage.
    [Concourse - Erin's]

"You'd think so, but there's lots of subtle differences between different kinds of small folk. Halfling clothes would probably be best for me. Dwarves are bigger than us. Besides, my dad would blow a gasket if he saw me wearing dwarven clothes." Iknika huffs a little. Once they reach Erin's, the item on display is, perhaps interestingly, a battle mage's armored robe, complete with a rune-carved battle staff ending in a narrow blade.
    Concourse

"I guess that makes sense." Natalie probably wouldn't fit into something designed for an orc, and they're roughly human-size. When she sees the robe, Natalie gasps. She's not sure if it'd fit; she's still got a bit of growing to do, so something designed for an adult would still be a little too big. But if it's magic, it might auto-fit, which would be very nice. Not that she's exactly a battle-wizard yet; she's never cast a spell in anger, and her magic's not as directly destructive as a true battle-mage's. She'll try to pick up the staff, if she's able, see how it feels.
    [Erin's]

Yasril leans in curiously, poking at the armored bit of the robe. "What... is it?" Poke poke poke.
    "Why does it look like that?"

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's]

Iknika's ears twitch.

"It's armor, I guess. In case the magician wearing it gets into a fight."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Erin's

"It's a battlemage's robe. Loose and flowing enough to give a full range of movement in the wrist and elbow for casting spells but armoured enough to offer some protection from, primarily, archers and ranged weaponry. Wizards aren't really front-line combatants." Natalie's really quite impressed with it, though she wouldn't actually need such an item- she doesn't need to move her hands or arms to cast her spells, since her magic involves more mentally tugging on leylines than physically channelling arcane energies.

19. - Top - End - #379

Felandria seems briefly abashed, but shrugs.

But chocolate milk goes so well with croissants.

And I like chocolate milk.
    "Does it? ... If you say so."
    Honeysuckle shakes her head. You won't catch her drinking chocolate, anyway.
    "Hope you enjoy it."
    The requested food is quickly brought out to the two!
    "Here you both are!" And when they're done, since they've already paid, unless they wish specifically to speak with the proprietress more, they're both free to go about their ways!
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's

"It must be for incompetent wizards," Yasril decides. "The only reason a wizard would need armor is if they're bad at it." She declares.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's]

Iknika turns back to look at Yasril with a perplexed expression.

"It doesn't matter how good you are, someone or something is always going to get through. That's what Lady Eschelle told me. You can never assume you're ready for everything."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Erin's

"It's a battlemage robe, worn by war-wizards. There's a lot of things going on in battles, and war-wizards are a valuable target. Physical protection like this leaves them free to use their magics upon the enemy, or protecting themselves from enemy wizards, without leaving them vulnerable to arrows and such. Besides, some types of magic don't offer much in the way of personal protection from assault, like mine. I can summon monsters and teleport things and myself, if I wanted to take that risk, but I can't create barriers of force, make myself as hard as a rock or weave the winds to deflect arrows away from me." She's still a pretty useful asset, or would be if she were older. Teleporting food and supplies to an army reduces the need for a baggage train, and summoned monsters provide troops.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Hanging Out]

Shanti opens the door to the mall, probably prompting Natharia to run inside. This would be first time she's here after all and all the cool stores would probably be exciting to her, as long as she kept that blindfold on at least.

"Don't get too far away from us now, sweetie. Keep within my sight all the time, okay?" She reminds the 'little' girl before turning to Wenomir. "So what exactly did you want to talk to me about?"

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hanging Out]

"Okay." Natharia replies, distracted as she walks out ahead of the adults. She might not follow that instruction too strictly most days, but the demon attack is still fresh on her mind. She runs up to a store that appears to sell electronics and peeks inside while Shanti and Wenomir catch up.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

[Hanging Out]

"Start by telling me what you were doing in the moonwell when I came there," Wenomir says. "Anika and Blanche were there to 'cleanse' it somehow. You did some magic there afterwards. Was it to re-establish your deity's connection to it?"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Hanging Out]

"No, I was simply having a chat with the girls father. Well, that and channeling his power against those who were trying to take her from me. You did not seriously think I was repairing damage that hadn't been done while my daughters life was in danger, did you? As I mentioned at the well, the true threat there was not what your eyes could see, it was what they could not. Through the serpent i saw the true threat towards my girl. Another serpent, a toy-god, was directing those creatures. If I hadn't warded it off, it could have started directing your soldiers as well." Shanti explains as she slowly walks in the direction of Natharia.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's]

Iknika turns back to look at Yasril with a perplexed expression.

"It doesn't matter how good you are, someone or something is always going to get through. That's what Lady Eschelle told me. You can never assume you're ready for everything."
    Erin's

"It's a battlemage robe, worn by war-wizards. There's a lot of things going on in battles, and war-wizards are a valuable target. Physical protection like this leaves them free to use their magics upon the enemy, or protecting themselves from enemy wizards, without leaving them vulnerable to arrows and such. Besides, some types of magic don't offer much in the way of personal protection from assault, like mine. I can summon monsters and teleport things and myself, if I wanted to take that risk, but I can't create barriers of force, make myself as hard as a rock or weave the winds to deflect arrows away from me." She's still a pretty useful asset, or would be if she were older. Teleporting food and supplies to an army reduces the need for a baggage train, and summoned monsters provide troops.
    [Erin's]

Yasril has a contemplative expression. "I... hadn't thought of it that way." She says, mulling over their words. "Maybe I was a little hasty. I'll think about what you guys said."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's]

Iknika nods and her ears perk up a bit.

'"I guess not every wizard is going to go into battle where people are going to swing weapons at them," she says. "But I don't know this many wizards. You two and my boyfriend are more or less it. One of my brothers says he wants to become a sorcerer, but he might forget about it in a couple of months." She looks up at the armor again. "Besides, this looks really cool, doesn't it? I hope I can wear something as stylish when I'm a proper knight."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

Erin's

"I really like it. Do you think it'd fit me? Oh, wait. I'd have to get it enchanted anyway, because otherwise it'd collapse into a heap the moment I tried to change shape." She's a natural shapeshifter, so she can change only her natural body. And that might interfere with any protective enchantments upon it, too. All that would be pretty expensive, and whilst she's getting a fair bit of money from her father (who transferred as much as he dared off-plane before the revolution, and set things up to give Natalie an allowance), she might still need to save up for it.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hanging Out]

Natharia moves up ahead to the next shop and peeks through their window. She turns to look back at the adults. They're sure slow. "Which way are we going?" She calls back to them.