The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Mallside Thanksmas Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Mallside Thanksmas Shopping]

"That's about it, sir. And make sure to clean out their tanks on a weekly basis. Replace about a quarter of the water with new water. That'll keep the ammonia levels down," Mark explains. "Would you like me to pack up the tanks for you? We've got some Styrofoam inserts to make sure they don't break the on the trip back to your... umm... cave?"

Okay cool.

It sounds like the NPCs here at Mallside are assuming Yuletok is the Scout wearing a hideous sweater.

Why wouldn't they?

There has only been one Magtok here in the Nexus for a while now. Why would that change all of a sudden?

And Zee?

Zee is over there making faces at a large salamander. The salamander watches her, completely impassive. Or maybe it's just staring at the wall behind her. It's hard to tell with salamanders.
    "Yes, my Cave. Where I'm definitely dropping off these aquariums, as opposed to some other secret lair which obviously doesn't exist because I only have one," Yuletok nods, before pausing to raise an eyebrow at Zee over there, making faces at a salamander. Hmm. Zee's been awfully helpful today, allowing us to get all this shopping done onscreen. If not for her, this whole portion of the shopping spree would be reduced to a brief mention of aquariums in a paragraph of superfluous scenery description a few months from now, and what a shame that would be, huh? Magtok quietly mimes out grabbing the amphibian and placing it on Zee's head, and passes Mark an extra folded up hundred dollar bill, which has nothing to do with the tip Mark will be getting later and it's also nothing Zee should be worrying about right now.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-12-14 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

2. - Top - End - #542

[Mallside Thanksmas Shopping]

Mark quirks an eyebrow at Magtok's request. While he DOES like money, he also likes not getting fired for placing pets on unsuspecting customers. Oddly enough, Zee seems completely oblivious to Magtok's intent. Or at least she doesn't react to it at all. Maybe Magtok did something that rendered it invisible to Zee's weird senses? Or maybe she totally knows and just isn't showing her hand?

Regardless of the answer, Zee buys a betta setup herself and stows the whole thing away in that hat of hers.

That seems like an absolutely terrible idea.

Why would you put a fish in a hat?

But that's probably not even in the top 100 list of weird things Zee has done, so who cares right?

"Okay, I think I've got everything I'm going to need," Zee muses. "Aside from the totally off-screen Fluxmart stuff, but that should be okay. I'll see you at the party Magtok!"

And then?

She'll tromp off around the corner from the pet store. Should Magtok peruse he'll find her wholly vanished.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #543

Mallside Thanksmas Shopping

Drat, some other time, then. Still...you haven't seen the last of us, Yezekiel! We'll have some sort of amphibian or lizard dropped on your head yet! You hear me? We will have our revenge! Well, maybe not revenge since you didn't actually do anything us, but...shut up, you will know our wrath, dammit! Some day soon, it will happen!

Yuletok finishes his purchases, hands Mark a ridiculous tip, and heads off on his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Clothes Shopping]

Fun fact: two of my characters need to go shopping for new clothes. Of course, it's for entirely different reasons.

First, Holly the Half-Elf TM has found that most of her clothes have been covered in splinters and torn thanks to some jerk throwing a dresser.
    The rest, mysteriously, have become a little tight recently. Why not just shapeshift herself skinnier, you ask. The reason's simple: there's already a handful of people on the lookout for her, and she doesn't want to ruin her last two or three good personas just because she's been eating a little too much high-energy food while looking for a new place to live.

Meanwhile,
    Marin, a catgirl, is here as well. She's got a date coming up this Saturday and only has three outfits.

Not three outfits that would work.

Just three clean outfits.
    Wait, no, she's wearing one of them.
    Make that two.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-01-10 at 03:43 AM.