New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Neon Colosseum]

"Well, why don't we head somewhere a little more discreet?" The detective says, offering a hand to help Oliver up.

"I'm investigating the death of Telue's mother-"

"And you can still be surprised that I didn't join the family business. Truly a wonder." Telue drawls, getting to her feet.

"-which despite comments like that, is an outrageous rarity."

"You should be investigating Azure or that girl who stole all the pets."

"I have. They're clear, shockingly enough. Now, good sir, what useful skills do you think you have?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Neon Colosseum]

Taking the hand and getting up, Oliver says, "I'm quite good at getting information. Not through, uh, torture, of course, but through other ways." Oliver doesn't even question the conversation. If they're arguing about something he doesn't know, no reason for him to interrupt.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #273

Default [Neon Colosseum]

"Of course not torture."
    Torture is more of an aesthetic activity than a valid interrogation technique.

"I suppose I oughtn't pass up a chance to clear my name further." Telue admits.

"The main suspects left are the victims great-granddaughter, who's become something of a cult leader, and a member of a kidnapping cartel who wound up in the waterfront art district here somewhere. Leads on either are pretty short."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Floofadoodle Spa and Cafe]

Honeysuckle finally appears relaxed now that they're in the waters of the spa.

"I dunno."
    "The base is nice. Labs were useful; have I shown you my new goggles? And it's neat to have it to go back to. Just in case."

She swishes back and forth, playing with the water.
    "But I'm not sure I belong there. I'm not an entrepreneur or hero or scientist or anything. I'm just someone you know."

"You think it's been going okay?"
    I think things are going fine.

We should be ready for the grand reopening soon.

And don’t say you aren’t anything, everyone is something, that’s part of what we’re about, everyone can be important and useful.

I would really like to see those new goggles, too.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"Well, here we are," Iknika says, having led Natalie and Yasril here from the Thanksmas village. "I like coming here and looking at all this stuff. I don't know a lot about magic, but most of it is made for everyone to use." Her ears twitch. "There are knights who also use magic, but I don't know where I'd even start. My people are weird about magic. And a lot of the magic-using knights seem religious."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Azik's Enchantments

"I know a bit about magic, but... I can't make magic items. Too far above my skill level, and most of this stuff is well outside my magic's theoretical capabilities. It is interesting to look at, though, see if I can see a way to make it possible." Her magic's quite selfish, and won't let Natalie learn another form of magic. "I don't know much about magic-using knights, though. It was purely ceremonial, in my world." As she's explained earlier.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: [Neon Colosseum]

"Of course not torture."
    Torture is more of an aesthetic activity than a valid interrogation technique.

"I suppose I oughtn't pass up a chance to clear my name further." Telue admits.

"The main suspects left are the victims great-granddaughter, who's become something of a cult leader, and a member of a kidnapping cartel who wound up in the waterfront art district here somewhere. Leads on either are pretty short."
    "Both could have their reasons. Makes sense." Thinking, Oliver says, "I could possibly get leads. However, we should discuss more in a less open place. I may know one such place, if you're willing to see the Nexus' grimy underbelly."

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    I think things are going fine.

We should be ready for the grand reopening soon.

And don’t say you aren’t anything, everyone is something, that’s part of what we’re about, everyone can be important and useful.

I would really like to see those new goggles, too.
    "Looking forward to it." The grand reopening, that is.

"Sure, I'll show you once we're back at the base's shooting range." Honeysuckle is there pretty often since sh was first shown in. "It still needs springs - or something springy - to help the guides move more smoothly."

Honeysuckle stretches out a bit.

"Do you ever feel like you're not important or useful?"

[Neon Colosseum]

"I'm willing to bet I've seen worse places. Lead the way." The guy says, almost laughing.

"I'm afraid I have too much to do today other than join in an investigation, but it was nice to meet you, Oliver."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Neon Colosseum]

"I'm willing to bet I've seen worse places. Lead the way." The guy says, almost laughing.

"I'm afraid I have too much to do today other than join in an investigation, but it was nice to meet you, Oliver."
    [Neon Colosseum]

Smiling, Oliver says, "Nice to meet you too, Telue." And with that, he leads the detective to the Black Dragons Den.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The flaming hawt pink-eyed man known as Reinholdt walks in. He's been a frequent customer of Erin's in the past, but as of lately, has not filled out his buy ten get an energy staff free card before the expiration date. He hasn't been shooting things as much so hasn't needed the ammo refills. So there's a bit of a nostalgia feel when he enters. Doesn't look at any of the merchandise though, walking right up to the counter.
    The counter is manner by one of the clerks, a pale-skinned elf woman with blue hair and an intricate tattoo pattern.

"How may we help today?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Blue hair is the best hair, but Rein's attention is drawn to the tattoos as he tries to discern the pattern. He can usually recognize elvish or mystical type arrangements, even if he doesn't know what they mean. Unless it's explosive runes. He recognizes those right away.

"Yes, I was looking for someone who I think still works here? Or did some time ago at any rate. Dorota?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

The tattoos don't seem to have any mystical significance. They're just clan markings, most likely.

"Dorota does still work here," the elf says. "She's in her laboratory. What do you need her for?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

"Looking forward to it." The grand reopening, that is.

"Sure, I'll show you once we're back at the base's shooting range." Honeysuckle is there pretty often since sh was first shown in. "It still needs springs - or something springy - to help the guides move more smoothly."

Honeysuckle stretches out a bit.

"Do you ever feel like you're not important or useful?"

[Neon Colosseum]

Oh, gods, constantly, It’s probably why I do so much, the sense that I’m not good enough was kinda ingrained in me as a kid.

I still don’t entirely know how to deal with that.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

The tattoos don't seem to have any mystical significance. They're just clan markings, most likely.

"Dorota does still work here," the elf says. "She's in her laboratory. What do you need her for?"
    [Erin's Emporium]

"I wanted to speak to her about personal business. An opportunity you could say. Or a request. It depends on your point of view I suppose." Reinholdt rubs his chin while he half-mulls to himself.

"May I go in to speak with her or is she not to be disturbed at the moment?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Just a second."

The elf presses the intercom button and has a quick exchange with Dorota.

"Seems like she can see you now. Please head to the back and go right towards her lab."

Presuming Reinholdt follows the directions, he'll find the laboratory with Dorota inside, wiping her hands off some fluid. The spacious laboratory smells of ozone, metal and disinfectant.

"Hello, Reinholdt. It's been a while."

16. - Top - End - #286

Default [Floofadoodle Spa]

Oh, gods, constantly, It’s probably why I do so much, the sense that I’m not good enough was kinda ingrained in me as a kid.

I still don’t entirely know how to deal with that.
    Huh. Honeysuckle was really expecting an answer like 'of course not!'.
    She should probably do something to help.
    But what? How do you help people with imposter syndrome, or low self esteem, or whatever? She doesn't know! You can't even pat Fel on the shoulder because she's too tall!

"Well, you really showed them, right?"
    She does slide over closer to Felandria.
    "I think you just have to look inside yourself and decide who you wanna be, and only worry about that." That's plenty to worry about, honestly.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Just a second."

The elf presses the intercom button and has a quick exchange with Dorota.

"Seems like she can see you now. Please head to the back and go right towards her lab."

Presuming Reinholdt follows the directions, he'll find the laboratory with Dorota inside, wiping her hands off some fluid. The spacious laboratory smells of ozone, metal and disinfectant.

"Hello, Reinholdt. It's been a while."
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Thanks," Rein says before heading to the lab.

He gives her a wave, but neglects to offer his hand to shake for obvious reasons. "It has. Very long. How have you been? What are you working on?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Nothing special," Dorota says. "Just inscribing runes on a suit of armour. It's a bit messier than I expected. And... well, since we last saw each other, I created a golem and got married."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Wow! Congratulations," Reinholdt says. He hates marriage himself, but understands that social conventions dictate it's supposedly a happy circumstance and should be reacted to as such. Best to just blend in.

"Was it anyone I know?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"It's Crissy, who also works here. I have her last name now," Dorota says with a warm smile. "I don't think you've met her."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Reinholdt thinks for a moment, then shakes his head. "No, I don't think I know a Crissy." He doesn't really know Dorota's last name either. Or at least doesn't remember it.

"Anyways, on to why I'm here. I'm on a recruiting mission actually. HALO is pushing a new direction. Research and development. The science of kindness. Basically more puzzles less action. So I'm looking for scientists and academics of all sorts. Well at least the ones who do understand why experimentation needs to be tempered with morality. Needless to say your name came up very quickly as a premier alchemist. I was hoping to entice you to join up. We have a lot of lab space and plenty of books in the library, plus a few other scientists who have already signed on that you would probably enjoy bouncing ideas off of. I know Grace does some alchemy as well, Honeysuckle tinkers a bit, and Maria keeps mentioning the various benefits of different plants for various reasons I honestly don't understand." Rein gives a short laugh, but it is a bit forced. One of the downsides of recruiting a lot of intelligent people is that you are very quickly faced with your own limitations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

[Couple's Walk]

A vampire couple is walking along a road lit by floating lights, located in Mallside this beautiful and starry midnight!

One of them's Ezra, an olive-skinned vampire with short red hair in jheri curls, dressed like an Irish cowboy, though lacking the hat for now. His eyes are red, his fangs peeking out from between his lips, and his hand is holding the woman next to him, Deadra.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Floofadoodle Spa]

Huh. Honeysuckle was really expecting an answer like 'of course not!'.
    She should probably do something to help.
    But what? How do you help people with imposter syndrome, or low self esteem, or whatever? She doesn't know! You can't even pat Fel on the shoulder because she's too tall!

"Well, you really showed them, right?"
    She does slide over closer to Felandria.
    "I think you just have to look inside yourself and decide who you wanna be, and only worry about that." That's plenty to worry about, honestly.
    Felandria sinks lower into the water, relaxing further.

I suppose you’re correct.

I appreciate it, thank you, Honeysuckle.

You’re a good friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Couple's Walk]

A vampire couple is walking along a road lit by floating lights, located in Mallside this beautiful and starry midnight!

One of them's Ezra, an olive-skinned vampire with short red hair in jheri curls, dressed like an Irish cowboy, though lacking the hat for now. His eyes are red, his fangs peeking out from between his lips, and his hand is holding the woman next to him, Deadra.
    Deadra Blackfyre, a pale, freckled redhead who looks oddly familiar, smiles warmly as she looks down at her boyfriend, who has helped her recover from her most evil tendencies and mellow out.

She squeezes his hand, not too hard, more of an acknowledgement squeeze.

It’s been a while, Ezra, I wonder what all has happened around here.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Deadra Blackfyre, a pale, freckled redhead who looks oddly familiar, smiles warmly as she looks down at her boyfriend, who has helped her recover from her most evil tendencies and mellow out.

She squeezes his hand, not too hard, more of an acknowledgement squeeze.

It’s been a while, Ezra, I wonder what all has happened around here.
    [Couple's Walk]

(his name was Caesar Flynn, turns out. Imma change it)

Caesar smiles up at his girlfriend, love in his eyes, and acknowledges her squeeze with one of his own. "I guess we'll find out together, my love." He replies, pecking her hand. "And I say we start by starting off this date of ours by windowshopping. Have you fed tonight?"
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #295

Felandria sinks lower into the water, relaxing further.

I suppose you’re correct.

I appreciate it, thank you, Honeysuckle.

You’re a good friend.
    Honeysuckle smiles a little at that, tails curling.
    "'Course I am."

Oh and look at that, Fel is sunken down enough to give an encouraging pat to!

After which she'll just enjoy the waters of the spa for a while without saying much of anything.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota blinks and pushes her glasses up her nose, which she does when she's perplexed.

"That's... unexpected. I admit I've been thinking about taking up some big, new project beyond my usual work. Something that really matters beyond earning me money. The attempt at finding out if the deities I've been raised to worship are real has met with... mixed result. But it'd be a major change for me."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Well, don't feel pressured to give your answer right away. I want you to take your time, think it over, talk it out with Crissy. I want you to be sure before committing. Or at least sure enough that you're willing to put up with the uncertainties." Life changes! Anxiety's number two friend.

"At any rate, if you do join, we would be more than happy to help out with those big projects. I'm not much in the science field myself, but I do excel at retrieving extremely rare materials. Basically we'll all be there to support you. How about I come back in three days and get your answer then?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Three days sounds fine," Dorota says, nodding. "I'll talk to Crissy... maybe some friends. Cessie has been running Vigil for a while, and they're similar to you. Maybe it is time for a change. Alchemy's all about that, after all."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Couple's Walk]

(his name was Caesar Flynn, turns out. Imma change it)

Caesar smiles up at his girlfriend, love in his eyes, and acknowledges her squeeze with one of his own. "I guess we'll find out together, my love." He replies, pecking her hand. "And I say we start by starting off this date of ours by windowshopping. Have you fed tonight?"
    I have not.

Did you have something in mind?

A specific craving?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

I have not.

Did you have something in mind?

A specific craving?
    [Couple's Walk]

"As it happens, dear Deadra, I picked up a vampire picnic on the way. Ichor liquer in a wine bottle, some bloodfruits, some candles. We just need some beautiful scenery to accompany it."
    Ezra explains.

Then he looks up at the stars, and an idea comes to his head. "Deadra, have you ever been to space?"
    Love is the message.