New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    That's a very interesting thought. Unfortunately, Woodling (or Greenbound, or Wood Element) can't be applied to a Living Construct, so may require another template added first.

Does Warshaper allow you to grow swords out of your body?
    if there is any creature with a natural attack that uses swords then yes. I believe there is....

Keeper is one. Keeper has the ability mimic which allows them to grow any weapon they have ever witnessed out of their body and attack with them, it specifically counts as natural weapons and manufactured weapons (akin to monk unarmed strike) so thus would be growable via Warshaper. Interesting.

Also just letting people know, its going to take me a little while to get back to this again; a new competition has reared its head and begs me to put my skills to use in the competition. Once I'm done (probably soon) I'll get back to your regularly scheduled builds. Most likely starting off with another of the picture builds!
    Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-29 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    Also just letting people know, its going to take me a little while to get back to this again; a new competition has reared its head and begs me to put my skills to use in the competition. Once I'm done (probably soon) I'll get back to your regularly scheduled builds. Most likely starting off with another of the picture builds!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!

@ lylsyly:
    Spoiler: Instructions Unclear
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elkad View Post
    Leverage Therapeutic Mantle (Incarnum) or similar on a melee toon for solid self-healing in combat, while still being combat effective.
    Preferably with Trip or some similar area control to actually fulfill a "tank" role. Keep the bad guys away from the squishies in the back, make them think they are accomplishing something while poking holes in me, and then tank the damage through DR/selfheals/etc.

One idea. Lots of strikes while in Martial Spirit stance? For 4+(2*essentia) per hit.

P.S. I like moving reasonably quickly.
    Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Incarnate +0 +2 +0 +2 Shape Soulmeld: Therapeutic Mantle Aura, Detect Opposition
    2 Incarnate +1 +3 +0 +3 Chakra Bind, Crown
    3 Incarnate +1 +3 +1 +3 Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kusari Gama Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, Incarnum Radiance 1/day
    4 Incarnate +2 +4 +1 +4 Chakra Bind (Feet, Hands)
    5 Crusader +3 +6 +1 +4 Steely Resolve 5, Furious Counterstrike
    6 Fighter +4 +8 +1 +4 Combat Expertise, Improved Trip(B)
    7 Fighter +5 +9 +1 +4 Knock-down
    8 Soldier of Light +6 +11 +1 +4 Turn Undead, Detect Undead
    9 Soldier of Light +7 +12 +1 +4 Two Weapon Fighting Divine Grace, Smite Undead
    10 Soldier of Light +8 +12 +2 +5 Positive Fortitude
    11 Soldier of Light +9 +13 +2 +5 Energon Companion
    12 Soldier of Light +10 +13 +2 +5 Awesome Smite Divine Vengeance
    13 Soldier of Light +11 +14 +3 +6
    14 Soldier of Light +12 +14 +3 +6 Fast Healing 1
    15 Soldier of Light +13 +15 +3 +6 Combat Reflexes Energon Companion, Positive Energy Burst
    16 Ordained Champion +14 +17 +3 +8 War Domain
    17 Ordained Champion +15 +18 +3 +9 Diehard, Smite
    18 Contemplative +15 +18 +3 +11 Cobalt Expertise Bonus Domain, Divine Health
    19 Contemplative +16 +18 +3 +12 Slippery Mind
    20 Crusader +17 +19 +3 +12

Lets break this down bit by bit! Incarnate 4, increases your soulmeld’s essentia capacity by 1. This means we can eventually put 5 essentia into the Therapeutic Mantle. Which means +10 healing every time it ticks. It also gives us ⅘ essentia that we need to fill the mantle. We also get some maneuverability from our bound soulmeld. Crusader 1 gives us Crusader Strike and Martial Spirit. So by level 5 we have our basis. Whenever we hit something we heal ourself for 2+2+2*essentia, this sets us up for the end game to heal ourself for 84 points of damage if we hit with all our strikes + haste. Fighter, we needed feats, we needed BAB. Enough said. And now Soldier of Light! Lovely prestige class. You get turn undead, you get smiting (more on that later) and you get the fun Energon Companions. They sit back and heal you for 1d8 (they need a ranged touch to hit you) or 1d6 (they just touch you) each round. They can boost that to 3d8+5 or 1d6 + 2d8+5 5 times per day. That means when they both snipe you from 120 ft away with their rays they heal you for a total of 2d8+24 each round (averages out to 33 healing/round) We also got ourself fast healing 1, buecase we don’t heal enough. Now we grab levels in ordained champion. 2 of them. For Smite. Smite is a fun ability that lets us turn our Turn attempts into Smite attacks using our turning level for bonuses to damage. 3+cha mod smites/day, grab a nightstick and you got yourself 7+cha mod smites/day. We aren’t dumping Cha (of course we need all our stats so…. We’re screwed in that department). These smites let us deal additional damage to any creature, and let us trigger Awesome Smite. Which gives us free trip attempts on those that we smite! YAY! Contemplative is there to give you whatever domain you want to stick onto this. And our final level of crusader gets us the better strike that heals someone (forgot what its called, doesn’t matter to much since its a standard action to activate.

So you have two kusuri Gamas, which are 1H spiked chains (keeps the reach and striking adjacent, and the bonus to trip or disarm). Allowing you to strike with your offhand weapon for more healing. You have Improved Trip and Knockdown to increase how much people are knocked down. You have awesome smite to allow you to trigger knockdown more often, and get more attacks (because you smite them, then get to trigger awesome smite’s knockdown and knockdown) and then get to hit them again.

I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

if there is any creature with a natural attack that uses swords then yes. I believe there is....

Keeper is one. Keeper has the ability mimic which allows them to grow any weapon they have ever witnessed out of their body and attack with them, it specifically counts as natural weapons and manufactured weapons (akin to monk unarmed strike) so thus would be growable via Warshaper. Interesting.

Psychic warrior also gets the weapon graft power.

Also graft flesh (illithid) can grant a permanent weapon graft also.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by caddmus View Post
    ok here is one i only got to play to level 10, but I'd like to see your take on it, feel free to go nuts :D

chaotic good Human, (feel free to adjust, humanish?) Sorcerer/dragonheart mage, skill in alchemy, Day job, short order cook. (got to pay those gambling debts some how right?)

:D
    Spoiler: stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Sorcerer +0 +0 +0 +2 Draconic Heritage: Deep, Arcane Preparation, 1 flaw and EITHER Skill Focus: Craft Alchemy¹ OR Least Dragonmark of Making* Spell Shield
    2 Sorcerer +1 +0 +0 +3
    3 Sorcerer +1 +1 +1 +3 Heighten Spell
    4 Sorcerer +2 +1 +1 +4
    5 Sorcerer +2 +1 +1 +4
    6 Dragonheart Mage +2 +3 +1 +6 Earth Sense, Draconic Breath Draconic Breath 2d6
    7 Dragonheart Mage +3 +4 +1 +7 Draconic Arcane Grace
    8 Dragonheart Mage +3 +4 +2 +7
    9 Dragonheart Mage +4 +5 +2 +8 Earth Spell, Draconic Power
    10 Dragonheart Mage +4 +5 +2 +8 Draconic Breath 2d8
    11 Dragonheart Mage +5 +6 +3 +9
    12 Sorcerer +6 +7 +4 +10 Brew Potion
    13 Dragonheart Mage +6 +7 +4 +10 Draconic Legacy
    14 Dragonheart Mage +7 +8 +4 +11
    15 Dragonheart Mage +7 +8 +5 +11 Magical Artisan: Brew Potion Draconic Breath 3d6
    16 Alchemist Savant* OR Master Alchemist¹ +7 +8 or +10* +5 +13¹ or +11 Efficient Alchemy*, Poison Use* OR Brew 2/day¹
    17 Alchemist Savant* OR Master Alchemist¹ +8 +8 or +11* +5 +14¹ or +11 Brew Spellvial* OR Brew Potion 4th¹
    18 Alchemist Savant* OR Master Alchemist¹ +8 +9¹ or +11* +6 +14¹ or +12* Efficient Alchemy 2/day* OR Brew Potion 5th¹
    19 Alchemist Savant* OR Master Alchemist¹ +9 +9¹ or +12* +6 +15¹ or +12* Create Alchemical Mixture* OR Brew Potion 6th¹
    20 Alchemist Savant* OR Master Alchemist¹ +9 +9¹ or +12* +6 +15¹ or +12* Brew Universal Potion*, Efficient Alchemy 3/day* OR Brew 3/day¹

Yay for splitting up the last 5 levels, that isn’t at all confusing. First 15 levels: Your a sorcerer with 1 spell level down. However you traded it to allow you to use a dragonbreath attack. Cool I guess. Oh wait what are we going to do to that. Using Arcane Preparation and Earth Spell you can heighten a spell from 0 to say 3rd. When doing this you boost your CL by 3, but it is counted as a 4th level spell. Meaning if you burn an acid splash heightened to 3rd level you deal 12d6 damage with your breath attack. Not as cool as a fireball, but still flexible. Doing the same thing and heightening an acid splash to 9th level pushes it up to a 10th level spell and lets you cast it at caster level 27. Sacrificing it allows you to deal 30d6 with a breath attack. That is a scary breath attack. Honestly I would have changed your last 5 levels from one of the alchemist classes to a full casting progression class and grabbed metabreath feats. And yes this scales into epic! Each epic feat you take you get the feat that gives you an extra spell slot at your highest spell slot level +1. Earth Spell allows you to boost your caster level into the stratosphere (example: Disintegrate Heightened to a 9th level slot deals 42d6 damage on a failed save, or can be dropped for a 30d6 aoe breath attack, with a metabreath like maximize it does 180 damage to anyone in your breath’s area or an average of 147 with disintegrate). You are a sorcerer with 9th level spells with a slight emphasis on Charm spells (you can take that if you choose to, or change your draconic heritage).

On to the alchemist classes! Alchemist Savant is an eberron class through and through. It may not be usable depending on your DM, however the same is not true for Master Alchemist. Alchemist Savant gives you the ability to bottle your single target spells and use them as thrown weapons, and you can combine them with poisons or alchemical concoctions if you are so inclined. Master Alchemist allows you to create the buff potions of higher level spells which is more traditional alchemy.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

There's a feat in Dragon Magazine #351 which might be useful on this build:

Spoiler: Dragonmarked Sorcerer
    Show

You possess greater magical versatility than most of those who share your dragonmark.

Prerequisite: Member of appropriate dragonmarked race and house, does not possess an existing dragonmark, sorcerer level 1st.

Benefit: Add all sorcerer spells from your dragonmarked house's least, lesser, and greater dragonmarks to your list of known spells, even if you are too low of level to cast them yet (you cannot cast these spells until you are of the appropriate level to do so). You also gain a physical dragonmark, although this does not provide you with spell-like abilities. Initially, this resembles the least dragonmark of your house. When you gain the ability to cast a spell replicating the power of a lesser or greater dragonmark, your mark changes to the appropriate shape and size.

Special: Once you take this feat, you may not take Aberrant Dragonmark, Greater Dragonmark, Least Dragonmark, Lesser Dragonmark, nor may you take this feat if you already have one of these.

Also, you can get Draconic Heritage as a bonus feat as a level 1 Sorcerer using the Dragonblood Sorcerer racial sub level (from Races of the Dragon), I think that racial sub level + Silverbrow Human (Dragon Magic) might save you a Flaw.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    There's a feat in Dragon Magazine #351 which might be useful on this build:

Spoiler: Dragonmarked Sorcerer
    Show

You possess greater magical versatility than most of those who share your dragonmark.

Prerequisite: Member of appropriate dragonmarked race and house, does not possess an existing dragonmark, sorcerer level 1st.

Benefit: Add all sorcerer spells from your dragonmarked house's least, lesser, and greater dragonmarks to your list of known spells, even if you are too low of level to cast them yet (you cannot cast these spells until you are of the appropriate level to do so). You also gain a physical dragonmark, although this does not provide you with spell-like abilities. Initially, this resembles the least dragonmark of your house. When you gain the ability to cast a spell replicating the power of a lesser or greater dragonmark, your mark changes to the appropriate shape and size.

Special: Once you take this feat, you may not take Aberrant Dragonmark, Greater Dragonmark, Least Dragonmark, Lesser Dragonmark, nor may you take this feat if you already have one of these.

Also, you can get Draconic Heritage as a bonus feat as a level 1 Sorcerer using the Dragonblood Sorcerer racial sub level (from Races of the Dragon), I think that racial sub level + Silverbrow Human (Dragon Magic) might save you a Flaw.
    That is a nice feat, and the acf would be good. I was just trying to stick to base human and core

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

That is a nice feat, and the acf would be good. I was just trying to stick to base human and core
    Well the breath weapon upcasting is really nice.

Also the feats have some potentially great synergy with Shadowcraft Mage, assuming you abandon your humanity in favor of gnomish glory (and abandon alchemy in favor of illusions). That fails the request since it's got no particular alchemy, but it's a nice & somewhat novel combo for a Sorcerer.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're still taking requests, I'd like a dirty cleric. Human, Sacred outlaw feat, Cleric/Rogue multiclass, convinces people he's a humble and pious cleric and scams them. Wealth and Trickery domain. PrCs that fit the theme are acceptable.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Mildly Inept View Post
    If you're still taking requests, I'd like a dirty cleric. Human, Sacred outlaw feat, Cleric/Rogue multiclass, convinces people he's a humble and pious cleric and scams them. Wealth and Trickery domain. PrCs that fit the theme are acceptable.
    Hello Locke Lamora.
    Iron Chef in the Playground LXVI - Honorable Mention : Azalin Stonecutter

Iron Chef Home Cooking in the Playground II - Second Place : Takenaka Kenshin

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Dunno if youre still taking requests, certainly no rush, have an inkling to play an earth genasi lesser planetouched duergar fighter/cleric/battlesmith/divine agent/elemental warrior. Or something along these lines, greathammer/throwing hammers, medium armor was basics of what im thinking. Going for a thematic build personally, but would like to see what someone with better optimization and greater knowledge than i would do. Again, no rush, thanks in advance if you get to it.

Edit: cleric of grumbar, domains of earth and metal, then pick up time domain as divine agent was what I was thinking.
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2018-07-08 at 04:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a fairly simple one if you're still doing requests.

I need a cultist of Zuggtmoy as a bad guy for my E6 game, CR around 3 or 4. I'd like him to have some sort of gimmick to make him a bit more memorable but inspiration hasn't struck. He'll be accompanied by a Yellow Musk Creeper and maybe a few plant "zombies".

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Wanted to let people I AM still doing these. Working on a warforged totemist right now.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've got one for you, with plenty of details:

Ninja Spy 4 (from OA p43). No more levels in this PrC, no less.

It must be a jumplomancer ninja who jumps instead of flying (perhaps using some kind of spider climb ability to stick to walls). Tumble will likely also be important to be able to jump+tumble through occupied enemy spaces without provoking. Tiger Claw and Shadow Hand maneuvers might be in order based on these requirements, but that's up to you.

If you're looking for a theme: brutal, Ninja Assassin (the movie) style.

No real optimization limitations, just don't make a character that's not within theme. Dark Chaos feat shuffle the exotic weapon proficiency feats if you want or make a pact insidious with the devil. The world is yours.

The challenge? Try to stuff in as many "ninja" themed skills and abilities (for intelligence, espionage, etc.) as you can while remaining optimized for combat. I'm thinking Hide and Move Silently at a bare minimum (just because of how powerful the Rules Compendium made it), but I don't really care where you go from there. You don't even have to make sneak attack the primary source of damage (it could be a spiked chain tripper if you want).

I'm partial to psionics and martial initiators for something like this, but you don't have to do either of them. Give it your own flavor if you want or think of something better.

Some ideas:
    - Control Light power to make sure there is always some kind of shadow to use Hide in Plain Sight with.
    - Maybe a "shadow buddy" that can help flank.
    - If you go the sneak attack route, have a way to get around immunities.
    Last edited by Sleven; 2018-07-10 at 11:57 PM.
    Sorcerer advice:
    Learn to play wizard.
    Monk advice:
    A Treatise on Monks
    A new infinite CL loop:
    The Meh-Gus
    Don't let crafters exceed WBL, it's the rules.
    How to parse Master Spellthief using the feat's text and PHB

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TerrickTerran View Post
    I'd like a level 15 totemist, no other requirements. Thanks.
    Spoiler: stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Warforged Fighter +1 +2 +0 +0 Unarmored Body Battle Hardened
    2 Totemist +1 +4 +2 +0 Wild Empathy, Illiteracy
    3 Totemist +2 +5 +3 +0 Great Fortitude Totem Chakra Bind (+1 Capacity)
    4 Barbarian +3 +7 +3 +0 Whirling Frenzy, Pounce, Illiteracy, City Brawler (unarmed strike +twf when using unarmed)
    5 Swordsage +3 +7 +5 +2 (Weapon Focus: kukri, kama, handaxe, claw, greataxe, and unarmed strike)(B) Quick to Act (+1), Discipline Focus (Tiger Claw)
    6 Ranger +4 +9 +7 +2 Superior Unarmed Strike Wild Empathy, Track, Favored Enemy: Humanoid
    7 Ranger +5 +10 +8 +2 Multiattack(B)
    8 Fist of the Forest +6 +12 +10 +2 Feral Trance 1/day, Unarmed Strike, AC Bonus, Primal Living, Fast Movement
    9 Fist of the Forest +7 +13 +11 +2 Beast Strike Uncanny Dodge, Untamed Strike
    10 Fist of the Forest +8 +13 +11 +3 Feral Trance 2/day, Scent
    11 Bloodclaw Master +8 +15 +13 +3 Shifting 1/day, Claws of the Beast
    12 Warforged Fighter +9 +16 +13 +3 Second Slam(B), Alertness
    13 Souleater +10 +18 +15 +5 Energy Drain
    14 Souleater +11 +19 +16 +6 Soul Strength
    15 Souleater +12 +19 +16 +6 Jaws of Death Soul Blast
    16 Souleater +13 +20 +17 +7 Soul Enhancement
    17 Souleater +14 +20 +17 +7 Soul Endurance
    18 Souleater +15 +21 +18 +8 Snap Kick Soul Radiance
    19 Souleater +16 +21 +18 +8 Energy Drain 2
    20 Souleater +17 +22 +19 +9 Soul Agility

What do we have here???? 13 claw attacks? 2 slams? 1 bite? 7 Unarmed Strikes? 28 negative levels in 1 round? Alright, but it has no monk levels, it can’t possibly have good unarmed damage… wait whats this? Naked it has a 2d10 punch?!? But no honestly. Every unarmed strike you do can add claw damage or slam damage as well. Meaning 2d10+1d4+str mod. This does not keep you from doing claw attacks or slam attacks as well. So we have 4 iteratives on your unarmed strike. Brawler Barbarian grants TWF specifically for unarmed strike so it should allow us a fifth strike, and Circle Kick pushes up over to 6 Unarmed Strikes. Each of these adding either claw or slam damage as well. Totemist grants us 4 additional claws. Finally since you can make an unarmed strike with any part of your body (most likely your feet) means that your hands are free, to use either 2 claws or 2 slams. I suggest claws as due to Claws of the Beast your claw attacks always use full str mod. Meaning your attack sequence is: +13/+13/+13/+8/+3/+11/+11/+11/+11/+11/+11/+11 and if any of the first 6 hits you get a final +13. Damage is 2d10+1d4+str/2d10+1d4+str/2d10+1d4+str/2d10+1d4+str/2d10+1d4+str/2d10+1d4+str/1d4+str/1d4+str/1d4+str/1d4+str/1d4+str/1d4+str/+1d6+½ str/2d10+1d4+str. Finally every single one of those attacks do 2 negative levels, grant you 5 temporary hit points, and 1 soul point which can be used for a variety of things. With barbarian you get pounce, however sometimes, you think its cheesy, or not the combat style you wish. So if you would prefer you can go Bear Totem Barbarian to get Improved Grab instead! And you are a savage grappler. You are also a swordsage with second level maneuvers in Tiger Claw. You have skill points enough to be a skill monkey, however without the relevant skills your most likely going to focus on tracking, and awareness, however you have a good selection of skills. Finally you are a savage. I believe this embodies the Neutral Evil Totemist very well.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Sorry it took a while to reply, internet issues followed by a trip and then catching up but really wicked crazy fun build. Thank you very much for it.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If you're still taking requests, I'd like to ask for a couple of things actually.

Firstly, something that would be a good counter to a broken as hell Tome of Battle Warrior/Psionic/Doohikey that can use his Concentration for combat and basically smack stuff down without breaking a sweat. :p

Also, some sort of non-Drow spider based character (likely a Druid I guess, though I miss the class kits from 2nd Ed). :p
    Something that's all about spider pet, spider spells (like making lots of them crawl all over the place, explode from people, etc).

My wife's horribly arachnophobic. And I'm an ass. :p

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordBlade View Post
    If you're still taking requests, I'd like to ask for a couple of things actually.

Firstly, something that would be a good counter to a broken as hell Tome of Battle Warrior/Psionic/Doohikey that can use his Concentration for combat and basically smack stuff down without breaking a sweat. :p

Also, some sort of non-Drow spider based character (likely a Druid I guess, though I miss the class kits from 2nd Ed). :p
    Something that's all about spider pet, spider spells (like making lots of them crawl all over the place, explode from people, etc).

My wife's horribly arachnophobic. And I'm an ass. :p
    Good thing I am too!
    and... have you tried a wizard that nukes the psychic warblade from orbit?
    I can do both of those, should be on my list pretty soon, just as soon as I finish making.... 20? level 7 goblins?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

If you still having fun with these, I had a char idea i was interested in seeing put to paper (pixel?) by some one with more skill then me, its technically a replacement char if my current game char dies,

Pixie sorcerer, as a spell-warp sniper, I'm thinking a lot of explosions like the type that could be used to assault the keep of the Big bad as well as fight a single target, maybe some utility, but offense would be the main focus of this blaster,

Any extra classes are free for you to choose, Silly things are always appreciated because if your not having fun, then whats the point :D

lets say an alt setting my GM was thinking of, the world ended sorta, villages, some city's remain, lots of dumb undead roam about,

Any 3.5 books are cool other then homebrew,

GM has a house rule that for every 2 flaws we get one extra feat.

And SR is pretty much 0 unless a class ability,spell or feat gives it to a person/monster

and if any one is wondering, this came from the idea came from my current char as well as the fact that a pixie as a siege gunner amused me to no end, little pixies in combat helmets kinda made me giggle yes,
    Last edited by caddmus; 2018-07-29 at 02:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

If you still having fun with these, I had a char idea i was interested in seeing put to paper (pixel?) by some one with more skill then me, its technically a replacement char if my current game char dies,

Pixie sorcerer, as a spell-warp sniper, I'm thinking a lot of explosions like the type that could be used to assault the keep of the Big bad as well as fight a single target, maybe some utility, but offense would be the main focus of this blaster,

Any extra classes are free for you to choose, Silly things are always appreciated because if your not having fun, then whats the point :D

lets say an alt setting my GM was thinking of, the world ended sorta, villages, some city's remain, lots of dumb undead roam about,

Any 3.5 books are cool other then homebrew,

GM has a house rule that for every 2 flaws we get one extra feat.

And SR is pretty much 0 unless a class ability,spell or feat gives it to a person/monster

and if any one is wondering, this came from the idea came from my current char as well as the fact that a pixie as a siege gunner amused me to no end, little pixies in combat helmets kinda made me giggle yes,
    May I ask why the sorcerer entry? Don't get me wrong it's awesome and I can do it, and plan to (after I finally post Thurbane's disaster)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Imagine that you have permission to treat martial scripts as spell creation items. Make a martial script artificer

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Imagine that you have permission to treat martial scripts as spell creation items. Make a martial script artificer
    This will be fun! Will craft wondrous items work?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

This will be fun! Will craft wondrous items work?
    Oops. Aggressive predictive text messed me up. Make that spell completion items. Scribe martial script needs to be on the build... I've been messing with this for days and keep on getting option paralysis.

Scribe martial script has a prereq of crusader or swordsage 1st level.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Oops. Aggressive predictive text messed me up. Make that spell completion items. Scribe martial script needs to be on the build... I've been messing with this for days and keep on getting option paralysis.

Scribe martial script has a prereq of crusader or swordsage 1st level.
    Okidoki, can this artificer use his cl or must he use his IL?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Okidoki, can this artificer use his cl or must he use his IL?
    IL but you can treat all prestige classes as +1 IL.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

May I ask why the sorcerer entry? Don't get me wrong it's awesome and I can do it, and plan to (after I finally post Thurbane's disaster)
    Honestly? I just like the concept of the sorc, and though a lot of my char's tend to be at least more or less usable they tend to lean heavy on concept more then anything, I like wizards, but the idea of just inherent power just strikes me, as well I always viewed the difference between wizard and sorcerer like the difference between an engineer and an artist, have them both build a statue, and even if it looks the same, the reasons for every detail will be unique to there world view, youj know, one learns magic, the other feels magic type of thing,

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

snip
    Makes sense, I personally was thinking maybe warmage.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Came across this in my Facebook feed today (Luiz Prado Arts), and was wondering if you could make a character out of it?

Looks to me like some sort of plant-race, with a character who is able to grow his own wooden weapons out of his body...

Spoiler
    Show
    Thurbane, I give up. My idea was to use a combination of landforged walker, a non druid base, and Verdant Lord. I wanted to get you the plant type, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get you the plant type without messing everything else' appearance up. I've tried ~20 builds. My wife got tired of me trying and told me to just give it a break. That's why it has been a while since I've posted. I love the challenge, but in this one I have lost the idea.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Thurbane, I give up. My idea was to use a combination of landforged walker, a non druid base, and Verdant Lord. I wanted to get you the plant type, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get you the plant type without messing everything else' appearance up. I've tried ~20 builds. My wife got tired of me trying and told me to just give it a break. That's why it has been a while since I've posted. I love the challenge, but in this one I have lost the idea.
    When I saw this it got me thinking along the lines of some sort of wooden Effigy Creature (CA 151) subjected to Awaken Construct (SC 21) maybe with levels of Warshaper or something like that. While I know Thurbane mentioned a plant race, it looked more carved to me than natural.

I even considered the novelty of a wooden Effigy Creature (Warforged) at one point.
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Did you account for the fact that verdant lord is 3.0, and thus the control plants spell that it lists as a prereq is not the level 8 spell of 3.5 edition.

3.0s control plants became 3.5s command plants and vice versa.