New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

This freeform game/universe is a spiritual successor to NarutoITP, BleachITP and RailITP games. It is an alternate continuity of the Dragon Ball universe created by Akira Toriyama that started out as "What if the Nameless Namekian never arrived on Earth?" and has since set on its own tracks.

Specifically, the main events of the game take place around the time when Namek is undergoing its great disaster - Years 261 to 431 according to DB calendar; In real life terms, comparable from 1500s to 1700s. Rather than a Namekian arriving on Earth and becoming Kami's apprentive, we've had a motley crew of space aliens and time-travellers running afoul of the current Kami and several other things.

To wit, the game being set in the past means a number of things:

• Majority of canon characters have not been born, and they're not intended to be major players in the game.
    • Frieza has not been born yet, however his ancestors and the Arcosians rule most of the known universe.
    • Planet Vegeta (still known as Plant) existed and was inhabited by the Tuffles, but has been destroyed by Hailing 500 years ahead of schedule. The Saiyan and Tuffle population was successfully evacuated.
    • Saiyans exist, and are just becoming a spacefaring culture via working with the Tuffles.
    • Earth's technology level is preindustrial, with some exceptions.
    • Capsule Corporation and the Briefs family obviously don't exist, but if someone wants to play their spiritual (or actual) ancestors, feel free.
    • King Yenma exists as does King Kai, and the afterlife is intended to be the same as in canon. Both have made onscreen appearances.
    • Fortuneteller Baba exists and has made an appearance.
    • Mr. Popo may or may not exist.
    • Majin Buu, Dabura, Beerus, Kaioshin, etc. exist and some of the time-travelling characters have referred to them, but they've not made onscreen appearances and should remain in the background.
    • Namekians exist, but are going through an extinction event. The equivalents Guru, Piccolo and Kami are supposed to be original player characters, if Namekians ever make an appearance. Piccolo and Kami's 'father', the nameless Namekian, is no longer nameless, now known as Trombone Jr. and played by Frozen.
    • The first Budokai Tenkaichi (The Martial Arts World Tournament) has begun.
    • Equestria from My Little Pony exists, but only as a single planet. It is not meant to play a significant role, as this is not a crossover, it was just transplanted into this universe as its own planet. Races from MLP are free to play, but run them by me first.
    • The setting has officially been declared as taking place in Universe 13, which has split off from Universes 6 and 7 due to shenanigans. There are plans to introduce a Universe 14 far in the future.

And so on and so forth.

True to the source material's style, there are all sorts of wacky things. Like dinosaurs. And shapeshifters. And talking animals. Players are allowed to play as any of the colorful beings from Toriyama's 'verse. This includes everything from Sayajins to Frieza's species to Androids to other creatures inspired by mythology or science fiction, as long as you can justify them getting involved in the story somehow.

Similar to source material, the idea is also to make timeskips after some agreed-upon points, maybe even a few centuries after we've detailed the origin of Dragon Balls. Currently, a one-year timeskip is planned to happen after the current Dragon Balls have been gathered, after which at least some characters will leave to space to do combat with Frieza's ancestor. With some luck, and if player interest remains, we'll eventually make it to "modern day" and beyond.

Preliminary rules, stolen copied over from other Anime-inspired RPs:

Spoiler: THE RULES
    Show
    Rule the first, no godmodding. A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.

Rule the second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.

Rule the third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.

Rule the fourth, have fun! (Failure to abide by this rule is subject to immediate banishment. )

Spoiler: New and Improved (but Loose) Rules v.1.1!
    Show
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so we adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in. Please respect that not all plots might be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. Talk major fights over with your opponent! This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM ... it keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. (This part is currently under review.) On that note ...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC! They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. That said ...
    4. COMMUNICATE! This is the most important rule. We have had issues in the past with people not communicating properly, leading to arguments and hurt feelings, and even several people leaving for good. So please communicate your plans, if they affect everyone else.

If you want to join, read up on the last few pages of the main IC thread, or even better, ask one of us here what's currently happening. We will figure out a good place to introduce your character. After that, make an introductory post telling where your characters are and what they're doing, and we'll continue from there.

Spoiler: Current IC Threads
    Show
    Main IC Thread: Here Comes The Son, It's Alright
    Sidequests Thread, for everything that's at a different time or place from the main IC thread: Remind Me To Ask A Mod TO Change This Thread's Title, I Just Realized How Inappropriate It Is.
    Training Thread, for all your training / super form needs: How much pages does it take to gain a super form?
    DB Chibi Thread, a silly non-canon IC thread, inspired by RWBY Chibi and Miss Kobayashi's OO Maid, where nothing bad ever happens: Dragon Ball Chibi!!

To avoid confusion, you can use location tags to indicate shifts in time and place. Like this:

[Earth; East City; Noon]

<Stuff happening.>

[Outer Space; Late Earth Night]

<More stuff happening.>
    This way, we can keep track where everyone is, since it's not economical to make a new thread for every little place.

To help keeping track of time, here's a list of known planets and time it takes to travel between them:

From Earth to Namek or Namek to Earth: 3 days with Shenron, 6 days with Arcosian Pod, 30 days with Namekian urchin
    From Earth to Plant or Plant to Earth: 7 days with Shenron, 14 days with Arcosian pod, 70 days with a Namekian urchin

These are minimum travel times under optimal conditions. Travel may take longer if complications arise.

---

If you wish to add a character, race, or planet, PM me the info and I will add it.

Spoiler: Roster Key
    Show
    [KIA] : Killed-in-action. This character has bit the dust, kicked the bucket, thrown in the towel, went to a better place, rests in pieces, yadda yadda. Their place is now in our fond memories and flashbacks.
    [MIA] : Missing-in-action. A player vanished and left their character off-screen, but the character was too important to be retconned out. Referring to these characters (and wondering where they are) is allowed, but their fate is left undisclosed unless their player returns.
    [Retired] : Retired. The player has, for one reason or another, left the game, retiring their character for good. Distinguished from MIA in that these characters have completed their character arc, and are now living out the rest of their lives offscreen, wherever that may be.
    [NPC] : Non-player character. A character who can be controlled by anyone in need.
    [WIP] : Work-in-progress. A character is incomplete and not ready to be played yet.
    (Currently played by X) : informs if a character is being played by someone else than who made their registry post.
    Crossed-over: This character has been retconned out. They are considered never to have existed in the story. Don't refer to them.

Spoiler: Character Roster
    Show

Spoiler: Earth First Coalition
    Show
    Adam
    Dr. Briefs
    Lord Maxwell
    Yankar, Yamcha's Descendant

Spoiler: Time Patrol
    Show

Spoiler: Canonical background characters who have made an appearance
    Show
    Doctor Whooves (From My Little Pony) (Played by Hawkflight)
    Dr. Briefs (Ancestor) (Played by Hawkflight)
    Fortuneteller Baba
    King Kai (Played by Frozen_Feet)
    Lord Yenma (Played by Frozen_Feet)
    Princess Celestia (From My Little Pony) (Played by Hawkflight)
    Shenron
    Supreme Kai of Time (aka Chronoa) (Played by Lord Raziere)
    The No-Longer-Nameless Namekian (Played by Frozen_Feet)

---

Spoiler: List of Races
    Show
    Human
    Beastfolk
    Monsterfolk
    Transhuman
    Saiyan
    Tuffle
    Namekian
    Incirrian
    Arcosian
    Nyagato
    Veru'nas
    Talsaigans
    Kaldasians
    Konatsians
    Aszendi
    Emme (Sentient Memes)
    Ponies
    Orks

Spoiler: List of Planets
    Show
    Earth
    Cirra
    Arcos
    Cassius Prime
    Donut
    Talsaiga
    Meal

---

Spoiler: Empty Character template
    Show

<Your Character's Name Here>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Self-explanatory.
    Height: Centimeters and/or feet and inches.
    Weight: Kilograms and/or pounds.
    Species: What kind of creature your character is?
    Station: Your character's current lot in life.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does your character look, feel, smell and sound like?

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How does your character think? What drives him and what kind of a fellow is he?

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What has happened to your character before the game and made them who they are?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your character good or bad at? What special things can he do or knows?

These could include anything from martial arts to ki blasts to magic and shapeshifting abilities.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-15 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Raziere- ehhh...
    I am not sure how even to respon to this question. Why would Vodkana think of successor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I don't know, FF, why would she? Your the guy with the character who wants to know this.
    You're thinking too hard of this. The question is best answered by going back to the post where Vodkana died: her Ki dropped to zero while she was focusing all her effort to empowering Android 23. So that's who she was thinking at the moment she died.

Not saying this proves that Vodkana and Tarasai are linked, or that Android 23 is now GoD by accident. Just that Tarasai being alive while Vodkana isn't doesn't prove that they're not.

---

Re: Orkz

I'm shocked, you guys. Everyone knows that Namekians are Orkz. They just achieved enlightement and abandoned their warlike ways before going near-extinct. Why else would the supposedly pacifist plant-snail-people have extensive martial arts tradition?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-11-05 at 04:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

umm.. I have never made a sheet for Fenrir...

I should fix it...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Notes about the Character Registry:

Since Rater202 is no longer playing, Agent RQSW and God with No Name should likely be marked as [Retired] as well. Likewise, fortune teller Baba ought to be marked as being played by no-one at the moment. EDIT: also, Shenron ought to be marked as being currently played by no-one.

I didn't spot a link to Calcifer the Second's bio. I know one exists, but cannot provide a link. Links to single posts do not work on my phone.

The Nameless Namekian's mention under appeared canon characters ought to link to Son of Kataz's profile. I may have to update that one.

Yama no Rojin can be marked as [KIA]. I'll make a new bio for Lucifer's son later.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-11-05 at 06:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Since Rater202 is no longer playing, Agent RQSW and God with No Name should likely be marked as [Retired] as well.
    I've marked them as MIA, since I'm still seeing reference to them in regards to the overarching storyline. We may want to consider seeing if we can have them be turned into NPCs.

I didn't spot a link to Calcifer the Second's bio. I know one exists, but cannot provide a link. Links to single posts do not work on my phone.
    That's because there wasn't one in the last first post. That thing really needed some serious updating.

By the way, if anyone here has a character bio they want to see put into the character registry, and it hasn't been put in yet, let me know and I'll add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    They then settle in to keep watching the Hailing fight in case the Time Breakers decide to interfere.
    "And the popcorn....?"

Well ... it's ... important to keep yourself well-fueled, in case of battle?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-11-05 at 07:36 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, as a note for the situation on Namek: Max interfered with the extinction event during the time skip, gathering up any namekians he could onto a space ship and using the power of science and ki blasts to set a warming cycle in their atmosphere into motion, so that it would stop being an apocalyptic icy wasteland. He also left the Namekians on that ship so they could stay in orbit while their planet's climate warms back up and calms back down.

Also, the first Budokai Tenkaichi has been completed, as it was before the time skip.

It might also be worth adding to the list that Mars is being terraformed with senzu bean stalks by androids. No word on mice or motorcycles as of yet.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "And the popcorn....?"

Well ... it's ... important to keep yourself well-fueled, in case of battle?
    "I won't deny that its entertaining. However I do find it weird that I'm watching two of my enemies battle it out for the fate of a Universe, and I'm rooting for the one I originally gone back in time to defeat."
    That and its either watching this or godtube, and do you really want to see what gods record on that?

as for turning those people into NPC's: Hawkflight, its been so long since those characters have been here that I honestly don't remember what they were even like. anyone playing them now would probably be doing so from scratch. unless FF has a better memory or is less lazy about going back to check than me, which they seem to be? My impression was that they were just mentioned to finish up business that was unfinished so as to get this whole Oxyribo/Time Patrol/Yama thing to some form of conclusion than anything else.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I certainly have no intention of doing anything with Agent RWSW nor with the fruit bat. The current scene with King Kai and Junior wrapped up last lingering plot thread involving them, as far as I'm concerned. Hence [retired].
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

@ FF Orkz:
    While its funny to think that Namekians are Orkz due to their appearance, sources I've read are saying that Orkz physiology is much much closer to Arcosian durability than actual regeneration. their ability to come back is a spore reproduction thing, they're just seeding their sons to fight for them in a few years. their warlike mindset is saiyan instincts turned up to eleven, their psychic reality warpy weirdness is majin wild magic with a different focus, the only thing they have in common with Namekians is the asexuality and green skin. if Orkz had the regeneration to, they'd just be harder to get rid of than they already are! Imagine thousands of stupid Bio-Androids attacking you at once, thats what it would be like, as it stands, Orkz would be "just" like fighting thousands of stupid arcosians at once.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't be silly. Namekians are green. Orkz are green. Ergo, Namekians are Orkz. Q.E.D.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Fenrir-King Of Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fenrir: Self-explanatory.
    Height: 2.0 M
    Weight: 180 Kg to 600 KG at berserk forms
    Species:Beastman dog.
    Station: In process of becoming king of earth.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    usually looks like a blue furred dog man gentelman.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fenrir is kind hearted, but filled with burning rage. Right now, guilt make him feel responsible, and motivate him to bring peace and stability to earth.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What has happened to your character before the game and made them who they are?

Story So Far:

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your character good or bad at? What special things can he do or knows?

These could include anything from martial arts to ki blasts to magic and shapeshifting abilities.

WIP
    Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.
    [/QUOTE]

WIP

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Dem Namek gitz iz green like Orkz, deyz tuff like orkz, but proppa orkz kno how ta' WAAAGH!! Dose gitz don' evin go fasta wen ya paintz dem red! Dey'z muckin' about, see? Needin' a proppa lessun en Orky etukette dey do!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure anyone has tried painting a Namek red.

14. - Top - End - #14

Well they did. It didn't work. That's canon now.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Lies! Dirty lies! I will not believe untill I see it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Fenrir-King Of Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fenrir: Self-explanatory.
    Height: 2.0 M
    Weight: 180 Kg to 600 KG at berserk forms
    Species:Beastman dog.
    Station: In process of becoming king of earth.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    usually looks like a blue furred dog man gentelman.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fenrir is kind hearted, but filled with burning rage. Right now, guilt make him feel responsible, and motivate him to bring peace and stability to earth.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fenrir was a tribeman young warrior. He fell in love with a human noble, and learned and changed into gentelman- but when she gotten pregnant, and her social status was in danger, she framed him, and sent him into slavery at the mines. There for years he gathered beastly rage and hatred toward humanity. He rebeled, and gathered army of barbarian beastmen, calling himself "Fenrir The Hungry".
    But Masala has defeated him, united him with his children Puffy and Fuzzy. (Inu brother and sister twins), cutted his hand and later replaced it with a hand made from her.
    Realizing the error of his ways, Fenrir chosen to take responsbility and use his skills and talents at leadership, to unite Earth into peacful society. Masala is his goddess, and Tarasai is Sensei and spiritual guide.

Story So Far:

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Base PL: 30,000.
    Berserk- rage make him strongsr, and so does damage and pain.
    Magical Axe.
    Majin Hand- his right hand have powers like Majins have, including healing and regenartion.
    Shatter Fate- personal technique inspired by the Zodiac Martial Arts- he crush fate at the era, make every possibilty with equal probability to happen. This technique make him relevant against stronger opponets.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Founder Of Earth Royal dynasty.
    [/QUOTE]

Btw, may I call dibs on Pikkon and his specie?

--------------------

About Orkz- is there a way, to get this fandom beside buying miniatures, I am too poor to buy, and dont have irl friends to play with?

And... well. The lore of the other galaxies beside the north, is almost not existing...

couldn"t Warhammer 40k be placed at... the Westren Galaxy for example?

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

About Orkz- is there a way, to get this fandom beside buying miniatures, I am too poor to buy, and dont have irl friends to play with?

And... well. The lore of the other galaxies beside the north, is almost not existing...

couldn"t Warhammer 40k be placed at... the Westren Galaxy for example?
    Last post before I'm gone for three days:
    Just find a Wh40k wiki, igor. they're free. Lexicanum if you want the dry matter of fact version, 1d4chan if want the casual internet funny version full of memes and stupidity.

and including Wh40k in general is different from including Orks. I would particularly warn you all that its possible Android 23 would strongly consider giving up her morals to destroy the Imperium entirely, or to at least beg Beerus to destroy it. Because screw the Imperium existing. and Chaos to. grimdark empirefest can be wiped from existence for all she cares. in fact she'd argue that its morally right to wipe a place like wh40k from existence, not just because it'd screw up everyone else, but because its a place so screwed up that it should just be put out of its misery as a mercy kill
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-11-07 at 09:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Lies! Dirty lies! I will not believe untill I see it.
    Well there is the Namekian drought that, during the flashbacks in DBZ, had a red sky.

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Why is the sky red, Frozen? Why is it red?!

@Igor: I've never owned a 40k mini in my life. I can assure you getting into the setting does not require them.

As Raz said, Lexicanum is great for getting fluff info, while 1d4chan, while usually factually accurate, is good largely for lolz and stupid glorious memes, and i'm not just saying that because I have a comic featured on it.

If you want other ways to participate in the setting, there are the 40k video games. The Dawn of War series comes to mind first and foremost. Then there's Space Marine. A great game in its own right, but wait for it to go on sale on Steam, mainly because the multiplayer (which IMO was one of the best, ever) is dead. There's also the Fantasy Flight Games tabletop RPGs, i'm sure you've heard of them. Dark Heresy (play as normal dudes doing Scooby Do investigations, except you'd better HOPE the monsters are just guys with masks,) Rogue Trader (Basically Star Trek, except with moar DAKKA and the idea of a Prime Directive is laughable,) Deathwatch (SPEES MAHREENZ!!) Black Crusade (Play the 'bad guys,') and Only War (The only RPG that could make driving and controlling a house-sized tank boring.)
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-11-07 at 02:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

... wait. Does this mean I'm the only person who's actually owned, and owns, Warhammer stuff?

Yet I'm not the one doing constant references to it. Oh the irony.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

... wait. Does this mean I'm the only person who's actually owned, and owns, Warhammer stuff?

Yet I'm not the one doing constant references to it. Oh the irony.
    It's not my fault their miniatures are overpriced and made of crappy plastic, and that their art style is such that they generally don't fit with any other miniatures I might have. I might get some tau at some point. Maybe. But I wouldn't expect it.

As for the tabletop games: you can find the information from those on the internet if you look hard enough. I would probably buy actual hard copies of the books if my IRL tabletop group ever, you know, actually ran anything with the rules.

Edit: Ing, I'm figuring we can skip ahead in the time chamber a few weeks, given the time difference in and out of it.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-11-08 at 12:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Well.. I know stuff. The four lords of chaos, the Empurium and stuff.

But- A- it "shallow" knowledge- it's like learning about Middle Earth and Westrose from wiki. You could do it... but eh.

B- their wiki- there is so much damn lore, I am getting dizzy. So much factions, so much changes through history...
    I know enough to understand memes..

but this list of games is helpful Ing.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

WH40K lore is a ploy by Games Workshop to get you buy more minis. It is largely not worth the effort to get to know it if you don't want to play WH40K. And even if you want to play, its still of dubious worth, since the rules reflect the lore poorly.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I might be intrested playing Pc games of it..

(board games... well, too pricey for someone who meet irl friends once few weeks/month.)

At Trombone Arc, I would like to explore more galaxies, but I have specific plans for the southren Galaxy. (Or where ever Pikkon is from).

BTW, the gunslinger and the silver horn are of course refrence to Steven King's work.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Hilariously enough, "Martin" comes from Latin "Martinus", which means "of Mars", the Roman God of War and Agriculture. Also the planet inhabited by wacky robot army with penchant for farming beans.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

At Trombone Arc, I would like to explore more galaxies, but I have specific plans for the southren Galaxy. (Or where ever Pikkon is from).
    What plans? I think that's where we decided Equestria is, but we can change that if necessary.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

A galaxy is a big place. There ought to be room for both Equestria and whatever Igor is planning.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria is isolated from the big galaxy for now, so it isn't a big deal.
    Actually, it might fit.
    Mostly an empire based on compromise and willing alliances.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #28

In DBZ filler, it's strongly implied that the universe consists of only four galaxies, one for each cardinal direction. Obviously this goes against my sci-fi sensibilities, so i've repeatedly mentioned in IC posts that the Empire controls not four, but dozens of galaxies. The known universe consists of thousands of galaxies, and the unknown universe, hundreds of millions. Only a hundred or so are explored in any significant way. All of what's been happening has been taking place in the North Galaxy/Milky Way, as that's where Earth, Cirra, Arcos, and other worlds are. As said earlier, a galaxy is a HUGE place. The only other galaxy mentioned in any significant way is the Whirlpool Galaxy, which I remarked on being a galaxy that most of the non-humanoid aliens in the known universe come from.

It's entirely possible that there is another pocket of civilization in the universe that has had no contact thus far with the current known universe. South, East, or West galaxy might not even be inside the known universe, being billions, trillions, or even quadrillions of light-years away.

I guess what i'm saying is: You want to come up with something? Go. Absolutely. Crazy.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-11-08 at 04:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

it's a bit problematic cosmology for DB

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/South_Kai

unless you mean, the directions are meant for simply splittiing the universe into four parts?

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

For the purposes of our game, the North, East, South, West division of the material world should be considered to mean the entire universe is split to four domains. So "North Galaxy" is not necessarily a literal galaxy, though it definitely contains Milky Way and its companions.