New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default dragonborn right of rebirth on old characters

The right of rebirth for draonborn of bahamut says
    Age: After a dragonborn underoes the Rite of Rebirth, she emerges as an adult creature regardless of her previous age. If she lives for 200 years, she enters middle age.
    Does this remove ALL Table 6–5: Ageing Effects or just the physical ones? If it does remove all the mental effects of ageing too do you also lose the however many years of memories after adulthood you gained that created those effects? If you lose your years of memories do you also lose the class knowledge and skills you gained within those forgotten memories?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: dragonborn right of rebirth on old characters

There is a citation in the book:

Quote Originally Posted by RotD p.10
    A dragonborn character is reborn, losing any bonuses or penalties she received because of her age.
    So by RAW, you lose all age mods, physical and mental. RAI, only physical mods may have made more sense, but the RAW is clear.

Does this mean you lose memories or similar? The rules are fairly clear about what you do and don't lose. Given that you don't lose class levels or XP, my thoughts would be no.

I mean, you can lose bonus skill points and feats, if they were from your race (such as Human), so you might lose some knowledge in that case...how would you fluff this? It may be fluffed as memory loss, I guess.

But I doubt the intent was that you are losing years of your life memories, more like something you used to be good at, and then when you try it after the rebirth, you have trouble recalling the specifics that made you skilled at the task.

Actually, just thought, an interesting point is that you don't retroactively gain or lose skill points when your Int changes, so even though your may lose age increases to Int, you should retain any extra skill points you gained while leveling with the increased score.