New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Q165:
    Would Finesse Fighting apply to the Elven Curve Blade? It seems like the only weapon with the actual Finesse feature is the rapier. However, the Elven Curve Blade has the ability to benefit from Weapon Finesse.
    If a weapon would benefit from Weapon Finesse, then it will benefit from Finesse Fighting.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post
    Questions about the Lattice Weaver incanter specialization's bullrush abilities:
    Q87: Does the incanter's size limitation on bullrushes apply?
    Q88: Do any abilities or items the incanter have affect the barrier wall's bullrush checks? (e.g. improved bullrush, gauntlets of the skilled manuever, or dipping into the brute sphere via feats.)
    Q89: If the wall fails at its bullrush check, does it stop moving altogether or move around the target? What about in cases where the wall is bullrushing multiple targets and succeeds on one but not the other?
    Q90: Rather than moving the barrier 20 ft., would it be possible to instead shrink a cube barrier by 5 ft. on a side? It's not allowed by RAW, but it's a fun idea so I figured I'd ask.

Quite like the specialization on the whole; it's a fun, unique ability.
    Bumping for visibility.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q166
    Bonus Feat
    At 1st, 2nd, and every 2 levels thereafter, an incanter gains a bonus feat. This may be spent to gain an extra magic talent, or any feat which has casting as a prerequisite (Craft Item feats, metamagic feats, sphere focus, Circle Casting, etc.).

Wiki Note: Incanters may also select Drawback and Proxy feats as bonus feats, per the Handbooks they came out in. See the Feats page for more information about these options. Note that you must still meet the prerequisites for these feats, when applicable.
    So does a feat actually need to have "Prerequisites: Casting" for an incanter to select it as a bonus feat, or is it broader than that? There are a lot of feats (like Dual Sphere feats and Sphere-Focused feats) which don't list casting in the prerequisites but feel like appropriate feats for the incanter.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Q167: When a troubador removes a persona from his list and creates a new persona, as per spheresofpower.wikidot.com/troubadour#toc6, can the new persona be the same persona but with different abilities? Or does it have to be "completely different"?

Referring to "It is possible for a troubadour to permanently change one of his personas into a completely different persona, but doing so requires 5 days of work."
    Last edited by RedWyvern; 2018-08-14 at 08:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Questions about the Lattice Weaver incanter specialization's bullrush abilities:
    Q87: Does the incanter's size limitation on bullrushes apply?
    Q88: Do any abilities or items the incanter have affect the barrier wall's bullrush checks? (e.g. improved bullrush, gauntlets of the skilled manuever, or dipping into the brute sphere via feats.)
    Q89: If the wall fails at its bullrush check, does it stop moving altogether or move around the target? What about in cases where the wall is bullrushing multiple targets and succeeds on one but not the other?
    Q90: Rather than moving the barrier 20 ft., would it be possible to instead shrink a cube barrier by 5 ft. on a side? It's not allowed by RAW, but it's a fun idea so I figured I'd ask.

Quite like the specialization on the whole; it's a fun, unique ability.

Edit: Corrected question numbers
    No idea how I missed these. Anyways:
    A87: Nope. The lattice is doing the bull rushing.
    A88: Nope. The lattice is doing the bull rushing. It doesn't get size bonuses (since it's size isn't really static), but gets a +10 to represent it's more massive than a person.
    A89: The crystals of the lattice move around failed targets - placing them on the other side of the barrier. This can be done on purpose as well.
    A90: I would probably allow it, since you can completely reshape the thing as a standard already.

I'm glad someone read it!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Q168

The Minor Shapeshift imbuement for the Prodigy reads as the following.
    Minor Shapeshift (imbue): The prodigy gains one trait that she may apply to the blank form option of shapeshift. This is in addition to any traits otherwise granted by shapeshift. This is a polymorph effect.
    Does that mean:
    1. When you start a sequence, you may immediately grant yourself one trait, as long as that trait can be applied to Blank Form. If a shapeshift is already in place, they gain that trait in addition to the existing ones.
    2. When you start a sequence while in a shapeshift that uses the Blank Form, you may immediately grant yourself one trait in addition to the traits already on your shapeshift. This additional trait must also be applicable to Blank Form.
    3. Something else.

I thiiiink it's that first one, but the phrasing's awkward enough that I'm not entirely sure.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zsaber0 View Post
    Q156

If you have the conjuration talents to keep a companion around for 24 hours is it possible to inscribe a Magical Tattoo on them as "Inscribe Magical Tattoo"?
    A156: I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oulana View Post
    Thank you, NomGarret. Guess that answers those ones. Figured I should redo the rest in the same format everyone else is doing their questions :P

Q162 For combat talent progression if a Shapeshifter decides to drop feats to gain the Proficient or Adept combat progression does the Shifter have the option to choose a Unified Tradition? If so, are the martial talents gained considered bonus talents or would they go against the total number they gain from the feat sacrifice (like a reverse layaway program)?

Q163 I'm still a little confused on unified traditions. The idea I had for a unified tradition was the Hidden Horror, an based around the trope Hidden Evil. Would this be a generally acceptable Unified Tradition that a player could use without really breaking anything? Wanted to ensure that the tradition would be a fair following of the general sphere rules. Do magic talents take the 2 starter talents or do they count as bonus talents? What pays for a bonus feat if one is included? I know that having two general drawbacks would pay for the Easy Focus, would the third drawback pay for the feat or would the feat just be a bonus they gain and the lycanthropic would grant them a third magic talent? Also would limiting their ability to buy off the drawbacks count for anything or even be a good idea? Many thanks for your time ^^

Hidden Horror
    Hidden Horrors are characters or creatures with a demure and unassuming outer appearence that can erupt into a monstrous combatant when danger is near. Some are hired on as bodyguards to the vain that seek subtle protection or wish to appear unguard. Some are born shapeshifters, others are practicioners of the magical arts that use their powers in a more physical manner. The monstrous forms these individuals take tend to use either wild animalistic assaults that leave their surprised victims dazed and confused or brutish hits that easily fling their assailants around. There shifting forms make them less prone to utilizing weaponry, preferring the natural attacks they almost all possess in their combative form. One thing that anyone encountering the Hidden Horror recognize is that they are all clearly unnatural monstrousities.
    Martial Training:Equipment: Unarmored Training & Unarmed Training
    Variable: Hidden Horrors gain either the Berserker Sphere or the Brute Sphere.
    Bonus Feat: Hybrid Transformation
    Magical Training: Alteration Sphere, One Form Talent of their choice
    Drawbacks: Unnatural Transformation, Center of Power, Lycanthropic. These may be bought off with the use of a Talent but once every 5th caster level (5th, 10th and 15th)
    Boons: Easy Focus
    A162: Anytime you would qualify for both a martial and a casting tradition, you can take a unified tradition instead. If you don't qualify for a martial tradition, you don't get to take the unified tradition. Martial shifter is the easy way to go here, or talk to your DM about retraining.
    A163: A unified tradition gets you six talent equivalents. Standard is 4 combat, 2 casting, though they can be 3/3 or a feat could replace one of the talents. This is accounted for separately from general casting drawbacks, which grant extra spell points or can be used to offset a boon. Note that only general casting drawbacks pay for boons and only sphere-specific drawbacks grant extra talents. Sphere specific drawbacks never pay for boons.

If there are more than 6 talents/feats, it is because a sphere-specific drawback was applied to one of the talents granted as part of the tradition, so the bonus talent from the drawback was included.

As noted, you can't have Hybrid Transformation in the tradition since it requires Transformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Q 164 There are the Destructive Touch and Shape Focus Sphere-Specific Drawbacks for the Destruction Sphere. Destructive Touch removes the Close-Range Ray as an attack option for the Destruction Sphere, and Shape Focus locks the sphere-caster into using only one Blast Shape. Is it possible to gain both the Destructive Touch and Shape Focus (Energy Blade)? On what basis is this a legitimate combination in sphere-specific drawbacks when the latter locks the sphere-caster into one Blast Shape? Or is the sphere-caster able to still use the Ray and Touch attack options of the Destructive Sphere but simply can only ever use the chosen Blast Shape as an additional option until the drawback is "bought off" at a future time?
    A164: If you used both drawbacks, you would only be able to cast destructive blast with the energy blade shape delivered via a melee weapon. If you only had shape focus for energy blade, you could use it with ranged and melee attacks. If you only had destructive touch, you could use other shapes, as detailed in that drawback. That said, as DM I may be reluctant to allow a tradition that stacks the two, depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Q168

The Minor Shapeshift imbuement for the Prodigy reads as the following.

Does that mean:
    1. When you start a sequence, you may immediately grant yourself one trait, as long as that trait can be applied to Blank Form. If a shapeshift is already in place, they gain that trait in addition to the existing ones.
    2. When you start a sequence while in a shapeshift that uses the Blank Form, you may immediately grant yourself one trait in addition to the traits already on your shapeshift. This additional trait must also be applicable to Blank Form.
    3. Something else.

I thiiiink it's that first one, but the phrasing's awkward enough that I'm not entirely sure.
    A168: #1. You start the imbuement, you get the trait. A new/additional/any casting of shapeshift is not required.
    Last edited by stack; 2018-08-15 at 02:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    A162: Anytime you would qualify for both a martial and a casting tradition, you can take a unified tradition instead. If you don't qualify for a martial tradition, you don't get to take the unified tradition. Martial shifter is the easy way to go here, or talk to your DM about retraining.
    A163: A unified tradition gets you six talent equivalents. Standard is 4 combat, 2 casting, though they can be 3/3 or a feat could replace one of the talents. This is accounted for separately from general casting drawbacks, which grant extra spell points or can be used to offset a boon. Note that only general casting drawbacks pay for boons and only sphere-specific drawbacks grant extra talents. Sphere specific drawbacks never pay for boons.

If there are more than 6 talents/feats, it is because a sphere-specific drawback was applied to one of the talents granted as part of the tradition, so the bonus talent from the drawback was included.

As noted, you can't have Hybrid Transformation in the tradition since it requires Transformation
    Ah, thank you. Still figuring things out and mostly skimming since I have a couple books to read :P

Q169 so the talent equivalents count as bonus talents and you still get to spend your 2 starting talents from being a caster when you take a unified tradition?

I expect several more visits here with other questions as I keep going ^^

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, thank you. Still figuring things out and mostly skimming since I have a couple books to read :P

Q169 so the talent equivalents count as bonus talents and you still get to spend your 2 starting talents from being a caster when you take a unified tradition?

I expect several more visits here with other questions as I keep going ^^
    A169: No, the 6 talent equivalents from a unified tradition replace the 4 talents from a martial tradition and the 2 from casting. You start with the same number of talents total (or talents + feats).

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, that makes more sense then. One last question for the day of I may.

Q170 since martial shifter does not remove quick transformation and only moves it to 2nd level, is it still possible to take protean shifter and not gain the Breadth of Form ability until 2nd when you have Quick Transformation? Then every upgrade would be shifted to be one required level higher.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, that makes more sense then. One last question for the day of I may.

Q170 since martial shifter does not remove quick transformation and only moves it to 2nd level, is it still possible to take protean shifter and not gain the Breadth of Form ability until 2nd when you have Quick Transformation? Then every upgrade would be shifted to be one required level higher.
    A170: according to the formal archetype rules in PF, it would not be legal, but allowing you to delay gaining the ability one level (i wouldnt bother delaying the rest of its advancement) would be a perfectly reasonable houserule that I would personally allow.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Q171: Bob and Weave allows you to gain soft cover from an adjacent ally as a swift action, and you can use this soft cover to make a Stealth check. Does this allow you to hide from a creature who was previously aware of you? Do you have to end your turn adjacent to the ally providing cover or only be adjacent to it at some point during your turn?

Q172: Dizzying Tumble can be activated as long as your move no more than your base speed, with an upgraded effect if you move no more than half your base speed. Does this refer to your current movement, or your total movement that turn?

Example: Yin the assassin has Dizzying Tumble from the Athletics sphere, the Brute sphere, and both Bob and Weave and Cut and Run from the Scoundrel sphere. Yin uses Shove to approach and batter an enemy, performs a Dirty Trick (other than blind), and then Cut and Run to retreat behind an ally before finally activating Bob and Weave to hide. Can Yin A: use Dizzying Tumble nauseate the target when retreating with Cut and Run (since that movement equals half her base speed)? Can Yin B: use Bob and Weave to hide behind her ally even though she attacked the target (and it is thus aware of Yin)? Could Yin C: use Bob and Weave if she was adjacent to an ally at some point during Yin's turn instead of at the end of the turn?

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    No idea how I missed these. Anyways:
    A87: Nope. The lattice is doing the bull rushing.
    A88: Nope. The lattice is doing the bull rushing. It doesn't get size bonuses (since it's size isn't really static), but gets a +10 to represent it's more massive than a person.
    A89: The crystals of the lattice move around failed targets - placing them on the other side of the barrier. This can be done on purpose as well.
    A90: I would probably allow it, since you can completely reshape the thing as a standard already.

I'm glad someone read it!
    Thanks for the answers! Though A88 confuses me a bit; as written, the CMB of the barrier is equal to 10+incanter level+CAM. Was that supposed to be 1d20+10+incanter level+CAM? CMB scaling is tricky unfortunately; +10 is too much at level 1, but at end game levels might only serve to keep the lattice barrier bullrush relevant.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Q 173: When a Soul Weaver summons spirits, do they summon their maximum amount of spirits or one at a time? If it's one at at a time, is it intentional that they can't summon their maximum amount of spirits in one day?

A soul weaver’s greatest strength is the souls she collects. A soul weaver may possess a number of souls at once equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier (minimum: 1). These souls may be turned visible or invisible as a free action (if visible, they appear as wisps of energy that glow dimly). Summoning spirits takes 1 minute, and a soul weaver cannot summon more spirits in a day than 1 + her Charisma modifier (minimum: 1).

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lirya View Post
    Q171: Bob and Weave allows you to gain soft cover from an adjacent ally as a swift action, and you can use this soft cover to make a Stealth check. Does this allow you to hide from a creature who was previously aware of you? Do you have to end your turn adjacent to the ally providing cover or only be adjacent to it at some point during your turn?
    A171: Yes, you can hide from a creature previously aware of you. And it can be at any point during your movement.

16. - Top - End - #286

SamuraiGirl

Q174: From the rules regarding Light talents for the Light Sphere it seems like these talents are only active when the Glow actively sheds Bright Light. Is this correct?
    Last edited by EdinoiZ; 2018-08-16 at 03:57 PM.
    I'm able to post ICly at least once every other day, depending on my current schedule, if not more.

Extended Signature (doubles as a memorial over characters from games long since passed).

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thanks for the answers! Though A88 confuses me a bit; as written, the CMB of the barrier is equal to 10+incanter level+CAM. Was that supposed to be 1d20+10+incanter level+CAM? CMB scaling is tricky unfortunately; +10 is too much at level 1, but at end game levels might only serve to keep the lattice barrier bullrush relevant.
    Your bonus is added to a 1d20. When using the barrier, class level effectively replaces BAB while CAM replaces Strength. The +10 is there to replace size bonuses (since the size of the barrier can vary) and because the barrier is supposed to be slower but harder to resist. Note that it can't push as far as a creature usually can. It's true the numbers might lag a bit as you level, but you can also make the barrier bigger to hit more enemies :)

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

Q175 with the drawback Draining Casting it says the nonlethal damage cannot be healed except by rest. Does that actually mean you recover all of the damage when you perform your 8hrs of rest and recover spellpoints, does it restore one nights rest worth of the damage dealt (character level per night) or is that suppose to be like only natural healing recovers it (the character level per hour nonlethal recovery)?

Q176 Are there no other ways to mix and match sphere effects than how star-spawn transformation works? It's the only ability I found between shapeshifters handbook, champions of the sphere and spheres of power book that mix spheres. But its only an expanded use of the alteration talent. I was hoping for something similar to mage the ascension game where spheres could be more freely combined. Can that be done?
    Last edited by Oulana; 2018-08-17 at 09:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Q175 with the drawback Draining Casting it says the nonlethal damage cannot be healed except by rest. Does that actually mean you recover all of the damage when you perform your 8hrs of rest and recover spellpoints, does it restore one nights rest worth of the damage dealt (character level per night) or is that suppose to be like only natural healing recovers it (the character level per hour nonlethal recovery)?

Q176 Are there no other ways to mix and match sphere effects than how star-spawn transformation works? It's the only ability I found between shapeshifters handbook, champions of the sphere and spheres of power book that mix spheres. But its only an expanded use of the alteration talent. I was hoping for something similar to mage the ascension game where spheres could be more freely combined. Can that be done?
    A175 I'm not Adam, but since the second option leads to days of healing until you can fully use your magic again, I would rule that all Draining Casting damage is healed at once.

A176 Some advanced talents actually have more than one sphere in their prereqs. There are Dual Sphere feats. Otherwise, you need Spellcrafting.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver
    A175 I'm not Adam, but since the second option leads to days of healing until you can fully use your magic again, I would rule that all Draining Casting damage is healed at once.
    Even with d12 HD if you take average hp per level you would need a Constitution modifier of more than +17 before nonlethal healing fails to fully heal you over 24 hours. If you assume max hp per level and a d12 HD, you still fully heal from 0 within 24 hours with a constitution modifier of +12. Since you don't have to rest for nonlethal damage to recover, natural healing should be plenty to replenish you each day.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdinoiZ View Post
    Q174: From the rules regarding Light talents for the Light Sphere it seems like these talents are only active when the Glow actively sheds Bright Light. Is this correct?
    A174 No. Talents like Beacon of Hope and Blinding Light have effects on their targets even without shedding bright light, for example. That said, all existing [Light] talents have some kind of extra function in bright light. It's not a hard rule though: in theory, a talent could exist that just keys off any glow, regardless of light level.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lirya View Post
    Even with d12 HD if you take average hp per level you would need a Constitution modifier of more than +17 before nonlethal healing fails to fully heal you over 24 hours. If you assume max hp per level and a d12 HD, you still fully heal from 0 within 24 hours with a constitution modifier of +12. Since you don't have to rest for nonlethal damage to recover, natural healing should be plenty to replenish you each day.
    I was iffy on if you can recover it at the normal rate for nonlethal. It does specifically mention only rest can heal it. So not sure if they mean there is no way to recover from it until you would recover spell points or if natural nonlethal recovery rate works on it.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q177: can a swarm form Summon take the martial companion archetype and use combat spheres? Or is that a no go since they use swarm attacks rather then normal attacks?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 178 Is there any chance that more alternate racial traits centered around Spheres of Power will be released in the future? (Ex: Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Lizardfolk, Merfolk, Tengu)

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Q 178 Is there any chance that more alternate racial traits centered around Spheres of Power will be released in the future? (Ex: Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Lizardfolk, Merfolk, Tengu)
    Followup: Or maybe even Dwarf? The core race with no sphere anything yet.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Followup: Or maybe even Dwarf? The core race with no sphere anything yet.
    Coming soon: Spheres of Dorf

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 179: So how does Inspired Surge work? To quote the text:
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired Surge
    When casting a sphere effect, you may increase the wild magic chance by 100% to add a single talent that you do not possess from one of the effect’s base spheres to the effect. For every 5 wild magic feats you possess, increase the number of talents gained this way by +1. You must still meet any prerequisites that the talents possesses. When gaining multiple talents with this feat, you may use a talent gained this way as a prerequisite for other gained talents.

While certainly reasonable and interesting, I'm confused as to exactly what classifies as a Sphere Effect.
    An example would be whether the sphere effect for the Mind sphere are the individual Charm talents, or rather the Charm ability itself. So could you use Inspired Surge to obtain the
    Cerebral Strike talent? Could you use it to gain Cloud talents?

Another sphere to talk about is the War sphere- How does it interact with Momentum, Mandates, and other similar abilities?

GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    Q 179: So how does Inspired Surge work? To quote the text:

While certainly reasonable and interesting, I'm confused as to exactly what classifies as a Sphere Effect.
    An example would be whether the sphere effect for the Mind sphere are the individual Charm talents, or rather the Charm ability itself. So could you use Inspired Surge to obtain the Cerebral Strike talent? Could you use it to gain Cloud talents?

Another sphere to talk about is the War sphere- How does it interact with Momentum, Mandates, and other similar abilities?
    A179: I'm not where your problem lies. Basically, Inspired Surge gives you one or more talents from a sphere you know. You can select any talent, even if it doesn't change the base effect, but provides a new one (like Open from Fate).

Q180: Looking over Unarmored Training, it becomes less clear to me, what this line actually affects:

This bonus depends on an intricate awareness of the practicioner’s body and balance, and as such is lost when the target is under any shapeshift other than blank form, or is polymorphed into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type.
    So would merely providing a trait from another talent break UT? Would the use of Construct Transformation still allow UT to work? Or is something meant like:

This bonus depends on an intricate awareness of the practitioner’s body and balance, and as such is lost when the target is under any shapeshift not merely providing traits and the chosen form is different from the target's own type or is polymorphed into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type.
    Likely the polymorph part refers to core spells, so it is a bit confusing, since becoming a centaur via core polymorph should lose the familiarity.
    Last edited by EldritchWeaver; 2018-08-19 at 11:21 AM.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    Q180: Looking over Unarmored Training, it becomes less clear to me, what this line actually affects:

So would merely providing a trait from another talent break UT? Would the use of Construct Transformation still allow UT to work? Or is something meant like:

Likely the polymorph part refers to core spells, so it is a bit confusing, since becoming a centaur via core polymorph should lose the familiarity.
    If I understood correctly, blank form is just you with traits stacked on. Its essentially your default body slightly augmented. Any trait that you know from other talents can be applied to any form as long as it doesn't say otherwise (like the divided self trait from the Swarm Form talent). So should be as follows;

Casting the blank form (default alteration sphere ability) as a lvl 10 human caster that knows the additional limbs, aquan form and dragon transformation could add use the extra arms, swim speed and breath weapon traits, would result in the human caster looking like himself but with 4 arms, some webbed fingers and toes and the ability to breath a blast of cold. He would still be eligible for unarmored training benefits.

But if the same caster used aquan form to change into the shape of a bass, no matter what traits he uses, he loses the benefit of the unarmored training until he returned to his normal form or shifted to augmented base form. Unarmored Mastery feat negates that penalty and lets you gain its benefit no matter what you do.

But I could be totally wrong too.
    Last edited by Oulana; 2018-08-20 at 12:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Q181:

Hedgewitch has the option of using either Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma for their spellcasting ability modifier. The Triple Goddess archetype has several abilities that have DC's that are modified by Wisdom only. Is this an intended design choice for this archetype or is this a mere oversight, as it says nowhere for the Triple Goddess that they use Wisdom as their spellcasting ability modifier?