New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1411
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Q667 What happens when a troubador possessed by a Wraith change personas?
    One friend of mine has this theory: Since wraith's possession looks more like a mental possession (hence the mind-affecting tag), the effect is tied to the target psyche. And as troubador's personas are actually another "person" (since they escape divinations and what-not), the wraith possession is linked to the current persona. So, if they change persona, my friend suggested give the wraith another chance to possess the new persona or be expeled (or try to take active control and interrupt the change).
    Ideas?

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Q668

Is the design team aware of the flaw of spellcrafting as it currently exist best being used to
    • extend normally short effect by adding it to a longer duration base sphere
    • use the spellcrafting for "budget" quicken spell (1SP, 1 time increase to cast 2 spells in 1 round)
    • Create AoE versions of otherwise single target abilities

which effectively all make "staple" metamagic feats utterly pointless? Your quicken is less than half the price, your extend is at least 5x as effective (10x vs 2x duration increase), your AoE is unlimited (war sphere Aura as opposed to "1 per 2 cl").
    Was this simply accepted as a potential outcome of an otherwise well intentioned feat & option, or was it overlooked until after print?
    Last edited by kkplx; 2019-05-07 at 02:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kkplx View Post
    Q668

Is the design team aware of the flaw of spellcrafting as it currently exist best being used to
    • extend normally short effect by adding it to a longer duration base sphere
    • use the spellcrafting for "budget" quicken spell (1SP, 1 time increase to cast 2 spells in 1 round)
    • Create AoE versions of otherwise single target abilities

which effectively all make "staple" metamagic feats utterly pointless? Your quicken is less than half the price, your extend is at least 5x as effective (10x vs 2x duration increase), your AoE is unlimited (war sphere Aura as opposed to "1 per 2 cl").
    Was this simply accepted as a potential outcome of an otherwise well intentioned feat & option, or was it overlooked until after print?
    They are guidelines and require explicit GM permission.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Pixie in the Playground

Q669
    United Heritage (Ex): Whenever the dual-blooded sorcerer uses the 1st level ability granted by either of his bloodlines, he may use the 1st level ability granted by the other bloodline as a free action once that turn, provided that ability can be used as a standard action. If both abilities require an attack roll, he may trigger the second ability in response to the first ability hitting, and have both effects hit the same target, provided it is within range. If the first ability gives the dual-blooded sorcerer an attack ability (such as claws), then one strike that round may trigger a use of their second bloodline ability.
    Does the United Heritage for Dual Blooded Sorcerer Archetype require the First Bloodline Power that's the trigger, to be the standard action. Or the ability that's used as a free action, needs to be normally used as a standard action?
    Last edited by Irindel; 2019-05-08 at 08:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1175

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Irindel View Post
    Q669

Does the United Heritage for Dual Blooded Sorcerer Archetype require the First Bloodline Power that's the trigger, to be the standard action. Or the ability that's used as a free action, needs to be normally used as a standard action?
    A669: When you use one of your 1st level bloodline powers, you can use the other one as a free action that same turn. The only limitation is that the free bloodline power can't require more than a standard to use.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Q670 - Is there a feat or advanced talent or anything that allows you to apply two different Enhancements from different talents at the same time? Say I want to enhance a weapon with Deadly Weapon AND Energy Weapon with the same action?

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Pixie in the Playground

Q671 - I can use the Fount of Life hit points with Mass Healing? If yes, I can apply the secondary effect of Heal talent as Restore Composure or a Vitality talents?

Q672 - A Sage - Ki blaster must acquire Destruction Sphere to get non blast type talents?
    Last edited by Sascja; 2019-05-10 at 06:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q673: Okay, just to make sure I'm not missing anything that says otherwise: when you apply a form to a target with an Alteration sphere effect, the target's ability scores don't change, right? (barring something in the form's text that contradicts that explicitly, like Elemental Transformation)

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtwin View Post
    Q673: Okay, just to make sure I'm not missing anything that says otherwise: when you apply a form to a target with an Alteration sphere effect, the target's ability scores don't change, right? (barring something in the form's text that contradicts that explicitly, like Elemental Transformation)
    A673: Correct. There are no inherent stat changes beyond what is listed in the talents.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

Q674: Is using Endure Pain mandatory if you have it? If you have Ferocity (or Deathless, Diehard, Deathless Challenge, etc), taking nonlethal damage is often much worse than normal damage, because none of those abilities let you stay conscious while having more nonlethal damage than hitpoints as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2019-05-10 at 05:54 PM.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Pixie in the Playground

Q675
    So I was looking at the Advanced Alteration talent Transform Object and it says this:
    “You may spend a spell point to target objects with your shapeshift. You may not apply Blank Form to an object.”
    I just curious behind the decision to not allow blank forms.
    Last edited by viperwolf306; 2019-05-10 at 10:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q672a - I will take advantage of the former question (Q672), to clarify something that for me is still pretty unclear. The description of the Ki Blast states:

This counts as the destructive blast ability from the Destruction sphere and may be modified by talents with the (blast type) descriptor.

The restriction to talents with (blast type) descriptor means that a Sage cannot modify the blast with a talent from the Destruction sphere that has no descriptor or it just means that she cannot use (blast shape) talents?

Ex: Can a Sage apply Extended Range or Greater Blast to her ki blast, or it is forbidden due to the restriction to (blast type) talents?

Thank you so much for your clarifications

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Q670 - Is there a feat or advanced talent or anything that allows you to apply two different Enhancements from different talents at the same time? Say I want to enhance a weapon with Deadly Weapon AND Energy Weapon with the same action?
    Not explicitly, but Spellcrafting should accomplish this for +1 Complexity, if I read this section right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellcrafting
    Sometimes, you may wish to add the effects of a talent independent of adding a base sphere ability. This could include adding multiple (blast type) talents to a destructive blast, applying a (light) talent to a geomancing ability, or applying a talent like Group Charm to a destructive blast to allow it to affect multiple individual targets. In each of these cases, the spell gains 1 complexity, and any spell points required by the talent are added to the spell’s spell point cost.
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cinosarge View Post
    Q672a - I will take advantage of the former question (Q672), to clarify something that for me is still pretty unclear. The description of the Ki Blast states:

This counts as the destructive blast ability from the Destruction sphere and may be modified by talents with the (blast type) descriptor.

The restriction to talents with (blast type) descriptor means that a Sage cannot modify the blast with a talent from the Destruction sphere that has no descriptor or it just means that she cannot use (blast shape) talents?

Ex: Can a Sage apply Extended Range or Greater Blast to her ki blast, or it is forbidden due to the restriction to (blast type) talents?

Thank you so much for your clarifications
    Just a heads up that this question isn't being ignored. The champions team is discussing a couple possible Ultimate SoP updates that could change the answer, so we're working on settling those. We'll have a finalized answer as soon as we finish that discussion.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Q676 So, it's been stated that critical genius cannot stack with any other effect that improves your crit range. Is this also true for Barroom Expert and Dagger Bravo?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Pixie in the Playground

Q677 Reposition attempt from Stand Still talent (guardian sphere) can trigger manhandle talents? Or combat maneuvers that you perform with an AoO are considered free action?

Q678 Inspired Sequence bonus damage of Prodigy may be added to Shove?
    Last edited by Sascja; 2019-05-14 at 06:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Bumping this once, because there never was an answer =(

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAngel View Post
    Q618

When spellcrafting with SoP, and you add a second sphere, do you have to pay for every talent you apply to the sphere, or only the ones beyond what would normally be applied automatically?

For example, if you added Enhance as an extra sphere, would you need to pay to use Physical Enhancement? What about Dual Enhancement?

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Q679 The brute sphere shove says you can move "up to half your speed" does that include zero? Can i shove from within my space?

For that matter, it doesn't specify a straight line like charge does so could i move one square away then back and shove if the above is not allowed?

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    Q679 The brute sphere shove says you can move "up to half your speed" does that include zero? Can i shove from within my space?

For that matter, it doesn't specify a straight line like charge does so could i move one square away then back and shove if the above is not allowed?
    Q679a
    if the answer is yes and you choose not to move, can you take a 5 foot step?
    Or is the movement considered to be made?

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Q680

Can the Death sphere talent Corpse Manipulation's second use, decomposing the flesh off a corpse and leaving a perfectly clean skeleton, be used to quickly butcher an animal or is the meat spoiled by this use?

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sascja View Post
    Q679a
    if the answer is yes and you choose not to move, can you take a 5 foot step?
    Or is the movement considered to be made?
    A679: may move. Optional. Not required for the rest of the effect.

If you don't move, then you didn't move.
    Last edited by stack; 2019-05-17 at 01:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

Q681: The Famine Spirit shifter archetype gets the grab ability on its bite and swallow whole; as it levels up it can swallow whole progressively larger creatures...but the size of creatures it can affect with its grab ability doesn't improve alongside it. Is that a mistake, or is the idea that we actually have to invest in Improved Grapple (or Wrestling) if we want to swallow whole creatures bigger than we are?
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

23. - Top - End - #1193

Q682: Could someone explain the Trinity Knight's class feature progression to me? As I'm reading it, you gain class features from your three classes as listed, then also progress PoW initiating, mind blade, or SoM proficiency. So is Aligned Class not meant to progress those features or is the prestige class somehow improving my initiating independently of my virtual Warlord level?

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Q682: Could someone explain the Trinity Knight's class feature progression to me? As I'm reading it, you gain class features from your three classes as listed, then also progress PoW initiating, mind blade, or SoM proficiency. So is Aligned Class not meant to progress those features or is the prestige class somehow improving my initiating independently of my virtual Warlord level?
    Trinity Knight was published by Lost Spheres Publishing, not Drop Dead Studios. You're more likely to receive an answer in their own thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Publishing-FAQ
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdt2 View Post
    Trinity Knight was published by Lost Spheres Publishing, not Drop Dead Studios. You're more likely to receive an answer in their own thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Publishing-FAQ
    Oof, got my spheres crossed.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Oof, got my spheres crossed.
    I've been attempting to ask about Trinity Knight for a while. No luck yet.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Just a heads up that this question isn't being ignored. The champions team is discussing a couple possible Ultimate SoP updates that could change the answer, so we're working on settling those. We'll have a finalized answer as soon as we finish that discussion.
    Perfect, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to reading Ultimate

I will take advantage and drop some more questions

Q683: When using the Stand Still talent from the Guardian sphere, can the target of the reposition attempt be moved as normal for a reposition attempt or should she be left in the square where the attack of opportunity/reposition attempt is triggered?

Q684: Can The Mageknight's mystic combat ability such as Arcane Strike, Enchanted Touch or Imbued Weapon be applied to the Destructive Blade of Doomblade? Or is it not considered as a weapon for this end?

Q685: Lastly, I have a clarification to ask about Brute's Shove ability according to Stack's A679. Does your answer mean that I can take a 5foot step if I use the Shove ability without any further movement, but not if I use it moving up to half my speed?
    Last edited by Cinosarge; 2019-05-23 at 05:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cinosarge View Post
    Perfect, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to reading Ultimate

I will take advantage and drop some more questions

Q683: When using the Stand Still talent from the Guardian sphere, can the target of the reposition attempt be moved as normal for a reposition attempt or should she be left in the square where the attack of opportunity/reposition attempt is triggered?

Q684: Can The Mageknight's mystic combat ability such as Arcane Strike, Enchanted Touch or Imbued Weapon be applied to the Destructive Blade of Doomblade? Or is it not considered as a weapon for this end?

Q685: Lastly, I have a clarification to ask about Brute's Shove ability according to Stack's A679. Does your answer mean that I can take a 5foot step if I use the Shove ability without any further movement, but not if I use it moving up to half my speed?
    A683: Left in the square, no additional movement. It is a reposition so you can benefit from things that boost reposition attempts; a generic CMB check is harder to get bonuses for.

A685: The destructive blade is not technically a weapon, so those mystic combats don't apply.

A685: If you don't move, then you aren't moving with a move action. "You can move 5 feet in any round when you don’t perform any other kind of movement." If you don't move as part of the shove (or some other action during the round) you can 5-foot step.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Thank you so much, Stack. You saved my group's next session!

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    A683: Left in the square, no additional movement. It is a reposition so you can benefit from things that boost reposition attempts; a generic CMB check is harder to get bonuses for.
    You think that this reposition attempts can trigger manhandle talents? (Q677)