New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

furious Chrome browser help

Ok, this is driving me nuts! I have a Chrome Browser window open and double click on a web site short cut I have saved on my desktop and instead of opening the web site in a new tab in the browser window that I already have open, instead, it opens it in a new window. I can't figure out how to make it stop doing this. I just want it to open in a new tab. Please help while I still haven't pulled out all my hair!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Chrome browser help

From 2 minutes of Google, it looks like it is working as intended. There are no obvious ways to change it, only workarounds that will change your workflow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

This won't stop the new window from opening, but you could fix it after by moving the tab. Chrome allows click-and-drag rearrangement of tabs to move a tab from one window to another, even if it's the only tab in its window.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Ok, thanks for the conformation. At least I can stop driving myself nuts trying to find an option that's not there. I still think it's stupid that they don't have it as an option.