New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Rescuing Madame Baladwell (IC)

That day is when the mayor of Gobbelygook called you into his small manor.

"Now I won't deny we have a problem. I mean besides that total horse slaughters, mules aren't bad. but." He starts stroking his luscious mustache.

"Wait, getting off track. You may have heard Madame Baladwell, that cranky ancient healer we all love so much went missing.... Well she didn't go missing, it's worst. The goblins have taken her!"

"Anyway I'm telling you, that as the elite sorcerers and sorceresses. It's your job to go find her, before someone dies from lack of healing." The mayor replies.

"Any questions?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Rescuing Madame Baladwell (IC)

Called into the Mayor's office on short notice, Alice lacks the time to put on her nice clothing, but she does manage to put in her silver and peridot earrings, and some clean clothing, decorated with traceries of vines and flowers, before arriving. But as the mayor explains the missing Madame Baladwell, her face fills with sorrow. "That's awful! Poor Madame Baladwell! Do we know where she was taken from? Who saw the goblins take her?" Her lyrical voice overflows with concern as the words rapidly flow from her lips.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-06-22 at 05:38 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Amsterdam was afraid when he heard that the mayor called for him. Thinking about what it could be this time, he didn't recognize the others. Until Alice started to speak. Zhen he walked over to her and said:

Alice! You here? Oh, girl... you look ravishing today! I like how your earrings are playing with the color of wonderful eyes!
    And your questions are for sure justified.
    Hmmm... only you are so smart and beautiful at the same time 😍

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dayme arrives in his "formal appointment look", but upon noticing there are others here, drops the facade down to his normal travelling look.

He glances over at the others present, and gives them a smile; "Good to see you all, she's important to me personally, and I hope that like me, you also appreciate having as much help as you can get, he says boldly and clearly. And then, almost as an afterthought when you see them, give my best to your parents, Alice..

He raises a single eyebrow and runs his had through the silver streak in his lustrous black hair, and gives the mayor the stare that can not come from a man who feels subordinate "I'd like to echo that question, how do we know it was goblins? And knowing that it was goblins implies that you may know where they were taking her, at least initially?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    This is crazy talk, there's no such thing as too much Sleep!

5. - Top - End - #5

GreenSorcererElf

Hardly given a chance to listen to the Mayor's answers, Alice finds herself listening to Amsterdam's obcsssive flirting, and she sighs. How did I even think this was ok for even a moment. It's awful, and it never stops!.

When Dayme comments, Alice nods, momentarily, before returning her attention to the mayor.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Dragonlike Beb arrives a bit late in damp clothing, with a torch-like flame sprouting out of one of his swept-back horns. He listens to the Mayor's command. "My goodness! Madame Baladwell, kidnapped?! That's awful," he says in the deep voice one would expect from a large, barrel-chested dragon-person. He leans in, keen to hear what the Mayor can tell them in response to the other sorcerers' questions.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Tifa

Tiffany arrives just in time to feign mock indignation at Amsterdam's shameless flattery.

"Wow Ammy. Sugarcoat it for the rest of us, don't you!" she says with a roll of her eyes and an amused smile, deliberately puncturing the awkwardness as she greets the others.

"Hey Ally. Hey guys. Monsieur Le Maire. How is Madame? Her roses are looking wonderful, I just noticed as I came in."

Tiffany's smile becomes a look of concern once she catches on to the reason for the meeting though.

"Oh no! That's awful!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

wandering in a tad late, hearing most of the request, contemplating what creations she might need to craft to help with this task.. looking at the others, well I for one do not like goblins, mayor is there anything about how she was taken, how long she has been gone ? knowing this information would go along way towards deciding how much time she would have to craft anything useful ...

9. - Top - End - #9

"Of course, I called for you as soon as we had all the information, Madame Baladwell has only been gone for a couple of hours. She was seen arguing with goblins at dawn, and that was the last anyone had seen of her."

"The goblins contain burrows in the hills to the east, that's probably where she is." The mayor continues steeping his hands.

"But technically we don't know for a fact that the goblins took her. We're just making an educated guess."

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

A bit hesitantly, Beb offers, "If nobody knows where to find the goblin burrows then maybe Kelpie could follow their stink." He's talking about the rather large horse he occasionally rides when away from town. Like many animals, the beast's sense of smell is much better than a human's. "Though I'm worried about the wizard blasting him if he gets too close to town."

Current games list

11. - Top - End - #11

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing Tifa come in, Alice offers her a warm smile, but it seems almost forced.

When the Mayor reveals his biases, she smiles. "I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, and that once we can talk to them, everything'll work out! We'd just need to go, and see them! Beb, maybe we can trust the goblins to find us, if we start wandering? I'm sure thay'd be happy to help lost travelers."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, sure," the dragon-man replies with surprise, thinking that Alice is driving at something but not quite understanding what. "Maybe we can walk out into the middle of the territory and then send up a distress signal? A flare spell or something?"

Current games list

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

Dayme shrugs. "Right now, 'goblins took her' is the best theory we have" he says noncommittally, "You can tell that, because it is the ONLY theory we have. So I think we should start there, absent any other options. Whether it is the correct starting point or not, it is the only one we have. Perhaps after finding them, we can then decide what manner to engage them in?.".

14. - Top - End - #14

GreenSorcererElf

Alice frowns a bit at Dayme's words. "Well... I was thinking of playing music loudly as we went through, so they'd be sure to find us, and they'd probably help us." She pauses for a moment. "Or I suppose they'd try to kidnap me too, but I don't think they'd do that."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Amsterdam was speachless. This girl. Who was she? She's tough!

oh Tiffany, where have you been all the time? My lonely heart was waiting for you, only you can brighten my dark night!

But then Alice said something about getting kidnapped
    Who want's to kidnap you, honey? I'll take care of you, my dear!
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-07-01 at 01:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well going through goblin infestation making alot of noise might attract more than just goblins, but its a plan, my sword sings a nice tune, so shall we go hunting?

17. - Top - End - #17

GreenSorcererElf

Ignoring Amsterdam, Alice nods firmly. "Then there's no point waiting around! Let's go and save Madame Baladwell!" She turns to leave, forgetting her company for a moment, before she pauses sheepishly, and looks back. "Bye, Mr. Mayor!" With that, she departs, clearly expecting to be followed.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

And followed she is, the still-slightly-damp Beb striding out right behind her. Before they get twenty paces away from the building, though, a thought interrupts. "Mm, Alice -- I'd like to stop home before we leave. I have some supplies for traveling -- including arms and armor, on the off chance we should be assaulted by a rabid animal or target by bandits or something. I won't be long -- wait for me at the eastern bridge!"

Current games list

19. - Top - End - #19

GreenSorcererElf

Her grand exit ruined, Alice just sighs at Beb's request, pausing dramatically as she does so. "All right. I suppose we all need to pack, and prepare, so, say, meet at the eastern bridge in ten minutes." Her voice seems to be disappointed, but she soon starts to speak again. "Oh, and be sure to bring food for a few days too."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Heather makes tracks for her stuff packs it up and goes to the bridge , then hones her sword making sure the blade is sharp while waiting for the others

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Tifa agrees with Alice. "I'm sure you're right. Maybe they had a medical emergency and Madam Baladwell went to help them? We'll soon clear this up. Thank you for the information Monseur Le Maire!"

"Oh and Ammy? Down." she commands, theatrically addressing her comment to his nethers. "Time and place, hun" she says more normally, patting him on the cheek as she passes.

Then she skips off after Alice and Beb. "I'll get the mules! See you at the bridge!"

22. - Top - End - #22

GreenSorcererElf

Alice smiles cheerfully at Tifa. "I'll see you there! Don't worry, I'll get some of Mum's cooking!" With that, the cheery girl wanders off, with a smile, heading towards her parent's tavern, hoping to persuade her mum to let her go.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

Dayme stares for a moment at the presumption of Alice at assuming she will be followed, but upon thinking about it momentarily, agrees with her that time is precious and we should be moving.

He does one of (what he thinks of as his famous) noncommittal shrugs, gives a nod in the appropriate direction "Mayor, we're off", calls out to the rest "see you there shortly" and heads to the "off the books" stables to pick up his horse, arriving at the eastern bridge to meet everyone else.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Feeling sad that he couldn't land a flirtation attempt, and worse, Tiffany was treating him like a little puppy, he grabbed his backpack and left the manor. Without a word he went to the eastern bridge.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

When Beb rejoins the group, he's accoutred in light armor and bearing a very long spear. Small wonder he doesn't carry it around town like one might a dagger or sword -- he has enough trouble with stumbling, he doesn't need to add the trouble of a long pointy thing on top of that. When he sees the other sorcerers, he calls out "Tally ho!" and grins as far as a reptilian face can grin.

Current games list

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Dayme arrives astride a horse, wearing studded leather armor that is almost, but not entirely, obscured by the cloak he is wearing over it. He strokes his silver mane, once, twice and calls out, "tally yourself, because I'm only counting the two of us. But ho nonetheless!".

He has nothing that appears to be a weapon visible to the casual observer, but who on this bridge that is observing could be said to be casual? Closer inspection would show lumps associated with daggers and wand but to all intents and purposes, he appears to be an ordinary traveller.

He does, however, pause momentarily a few different times to stop and look around warily, which creates a bit of a shifty look to him, especially the times when if one is watching intently, they would observe in his eyes a glowing blue.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

He is throwing the occassional detect magic in general directions aside from that of his companions, as well as stopping to cast the 24 hour "See The Unseen" invocation

27. - Top - End - #27

So what marching order is the party in?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So what marching order is the party in?
    Heather will take up a position somewhere in the middle

29. - Top - End - #29

Alice, you hear some rustling in the bushes, no one else seems to have noticed though.

What do you do? You see some shadows (not the creature), but nothing much more then that.

30. - Top - End - #30

GreenSorcererElf

Hearing quiet rustling in the bush, Alice pauses her conversation with Tifa as she looks over at it, and smiles in a friendly fashion, before speaking in a soft, soothing voice. "Hello?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss