New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Psionic Anti-Crime Squad II: Mind Games [IC]

"Walther, huh..."

Leolin squints trying to look through the windows to see what's going on, but the angle is just not good.

"Any quick ideas for how to deal with him? Ian, how many of us can you take up there in one go?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-16 at 04:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Lucky nods upon hearing Leo's plan. He is also worried about the fight at the detention center, but dividing their forces would be folly. "Yeah, Gramps. Can you give us a lift?" He mentally prepares himself for his second flight of the day.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian frowns at Leolin's question, not quite happy with the answer he had to give.
    "One at a time unless you can make yourself lighter Miss Leolin."
    With that he grabbed Lucky and threw the frequent flier through one of the second story windows before following him in mere moments afterward.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unless Leolin can knock off an extra 25 pounds to put her within 325 lbs., Ian will have to throw himself and lucky first and then do all the others one by one. If she can Ian will throw Lucky and Leolin through the second story windows.
    In any case, spending 8 power points total for Telekinetic Thrust with a limit of 325 pounds. Good thing Lucky is really light.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2019-10-18 at 04:01 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not me," says Leolin, "I've got my own way up, remember?"

Leolin stretches to her full height and adjusts her gauntlets as her fists grow into them.

"Send up one more person behind us. It'll be crowded, but they might give up if they think we'll just keep coming. Everyone else, go check out those gunshots. Got it?"

Once she confirms that everyone has indeed got it, she runs to the hallway and leaps up to the window herself.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-18 at 04:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

The squad quickly divides itself into two using Leolin's measures, but Silver promptly includes himself to the first group as well.

"I have to hear Walther's excuse in person, through broken teeth if I have to," he only says to explain himself. If unopposed, Andrei and two enforcers leave to move towards to the fight in the detention center, while the rest gallop through the short road that connects the fountain square to the main building.

As the group makes it to the main building, a passing glance to the door suggests that it has been rammed open, and a makeshift battering ram lying nearby attests to that fact easily. Leolin, as she said, can jump and climb to the broken window without much trouble, and Ian can follow by launching himself and Lucky alongside him. Silver and Florin look up to Ian from the ground, unsure of his ability to get them up there as well.

"I can ride through the building as well," Silver calls to Ian, leaving it up to him.

When Leolin, Ian and Lucky recollect themselves, they can remember (mostly by the place of the room) here as one of the smaller classrooms in the building, generally used for theoretical lessons such as History of Talents, or just math. Now, of course, as several cannonballs have crashed and rolled through the room, the scenery more alike to weekends at the boys dorms rather than its usual decor.

Just outside in the hallways, however, a protracted battle seems to be raging. To the left is a corridor-wide wall of white-hot flames blocking view almost entirely, while to the right is almost a full platoon of Broken Arrow mercenaries, some taking cover behind a series of makeshift battlements, some huddling behind tower shields, and some possibly out of sight yet. Despite the "weirdo" aspect of the battle, morale isn't seem to be broken on the mercenary side yet, as the mercenaries take turn after turn to reload their muskets and shoot at some blurry targets through the wall of flames. Several corpses of burned mercenaries also adorn the floor, still smoking.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    So, dark grey are walls.
    Light grey are rubble and difficult terrain.
    Dark brown are doors.
    Light brown are cover.
    Gradient of yellows notes the stairs.
    Reds are the wall of fire and its high/low damaging areas.
    x's are bodies, also difficult terrain.
    P' are fellas with tower shields.

Here.

Show
    I'll eschew initiative. You guys go first. The ?s are next, the Broken Arrow are last.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian took a brief moment to take stock of the situation and observed how the mercenaries' were organized and if taking them alive was within his best interests.
    A bit of advice he'd read in an old book from a Far Northern author advised to take the entire force captive without fighting.
    However, trying to defuse the situation without killing anyone was going to be quite the feat... or was it?
    "Miss Leolin, Lucky, see if you can convince them they are committing treason against the crown. Perhaps, Silver isn't the only one against making the crown an enemy."

Show
    Using the surprise round to activate Knowledge devotion. If he can take 10, he'll do so but I'll put the roll down anyways since it's technically combat (even if he's not engaged). Since they're normal I'm assuming Know. (local)
    Ian will also spend an inspiration point to bump up the skill check by +7.
    Total Bonus +17
    Know. Roll: 10 OR (1d20+17)[24]
    Inspiration 3/4
    PP: 6/12
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh, we'll see if we can sell that without getting shot to death and then also burned to death," says Leolin, looking past the musketeer in the doorway to see the wall of flames blocking the hall. "Get Silver up here, our advice will look better if they see he already took it."

Meanwhile, she swings her long legs over piles of debris and snatches up the surprised mercenary before he can shout a warning over the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Action: Grip of Iron

Touch: (1d20+11)[18]
    Grapple: (1d20+23)[26] (+6 BAB, +4 size, +4 power, +5 strength, +4 feat)

8. - Top - End - #458

Planetar

Lucky nods at his teammates. "Maybe we should let Silver do the talking? I will work on Plan B, just in case." He sneaks north, and positions himself to back their negotiating point up with firepower.

Spoiler
    Show

Lucky sneaks to SW of the P at the doorway.

Hide: (1d20+11)[14]
    Move silently: (1d20+11)[15]
    Last edited by Lynam III; 2019-10-24 at 05:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Silver and Florin continue to swirl their horses eagerly, waiting for Ian's aid in getting up. But while Lucky manages to slink along the wrecked classroom stealthily, Leolin's huge body is less conspicuous, and promptly seen -- much to the dismay of the mercenary footmen. Four of them turn to her, though only two have their muskets already reloaded and thus can fire.

"They have reinforcements!" one calls, and it causes a ripple of shuffled movements in their ranks. A musclebound brute back in cover shouts back, however.

"Stand strong! It's our honor as 5th Company!" Huh. A very brief mental gymnastics reveals that, if Broken Arrow really had five companies, that'd be upwards of 400 men. Just as a sidenote.

On the other hand, the other side of the firewall seems to have grown awfully quiet. Merely listening in, or could they have initiated their escape, somehow?

Show

Show
    Spot checks against Lucky. Fortunately some factors weigh in his favor.

(1d20-6)[6]
    (1d20-6)[4]
    (1d20-6)[1]
    (1d20-6)[1]

Some shots against Leo, -4 because of their grappled buddy.

(1d20+2)[3]
    (2d8)[13]
    (1d20+2)[15]
    (2d8)[11]
    (I think that hits for 5 dmg?)

Some shots against the Dean, or whoever it is behind the firewall: Hidden.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-10-25 at 04:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian was doubtful he could bring both Silver and Florin up at the same time, especially considering Florin's towering stature, so he set to bringing up Silver first. Best to make sure the key player comes up first before too much damage was done.
    "Silver! Get up here already!"
    No sooner did the words leave his lips than the mercenary captain felt a force grab him from the saddle and sent him flying through the air.
    Granted, he didn't need to say anything, but it might cause the mercenaries to pause for a moment.

Show
    5 PP to Telekinetic Thrust Silver into the room.
    PP: 3/12
    Inspiration: 3/4
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

11. - Top - End - #461

Planetar

Lucky maintains his position, and waits for Silver to reason with the mercenaries.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly with everyone waiting on Silver, the grizzled mercenary is chucked upstairs via Ian's telekinesis and takes a moment to recollect himself.

Then, he hurries to the doorway, grumbling to himself as he raises his visor. With a deep breath, he starts:

"Walther! Show yourself, you piece of crap!" he bellows. "You owe me and your men an explanation, you lying basta'd!"

Seeing that no one is coming, he continues.

"You told us all that this contract was legitimate, that it was within the King's Law! I have watchmen with me from Steadwick to prove that it is NOT! What you are doing is treason! And you brought my Wolves into this as well, not just your own men! Come out you ingrate!"

Only some seconds later that an armored figure emerges from the other side of the battlefield, along with another musclebound sergeant by his side. Captain Walther, his visor also raised, seems to be a middle aged veteran with sharp features and well-kept facial hair, but his expression, unseemingly, is one of relaxed amusement. He opens his mouth, and starts talking in a drawling voice that also feels really not fitting to him as well. Something is off here.

"Well, if it isn't Silver. So, you turned cloak yourself, and are accusing us of the same thing as well? Tch, tch. Not very befitting of someone of your age and experience, now. That again, I expected this. Your man, Andrei, after all, was affiliated with the Academy, was he not? It's obvious that you'd breach your contract out of your love for some outlaw weirdos. Now, I'm not without mercy, but I'm not also going to stay here and let you prevent us from doing our jobs. Men, strike that traitor down."

Spoiler: Lucky and Leo
    Show
    Secret Sense Motive check: Success

It's almost definite from his tonation and word choices that Walther is being puppeteered here.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-10-30 at 11:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

The order is followed by confused array of reloads, double takes, and finally, shots.

Show

Show
    Sorry guys, I didn't realize you were waiting on me.
    (1d20+6)[10]
    (2d8)[10]
    (1d20+6)[26]
    (2d8)[15]
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (2d8)[12]
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (2d8)[10]
    (1d20+6)[21]
    (2d8)[12]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-10-30 at 11:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

The shots go off just as Ian finished extracting Florin from his horse and startled him as he 'saw' the bullets fly.
    "Get down! There's no talking with them! Blasted fanatics!"
    He then took to scrambling through the rubble towards an injured Silver, panting as the mental effort required to move everyone through the air began to wear on the old man.

Show
    Bringing Florin in through the window. My PP are completely spent now. Ian will then move on to the rubble to Leolin's right on the map.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Leolin sees something in the mercenary commander's eyes from across the hall. Too calm, yet too wide at the same time. It's a tragic look she's seen twice before. Her rage becomes too much to contain.

"HOLD YOUR FIRE, YOU IDIOTS! THAT'S NOT EVEN YOUR WALTHER TALKING!"

She drops the private at Lucky's feet and steps over Silver, possibly blocking further shots at him and to giving Ian a clearer path to the injured wolf. As she shoves her way through the cluttered hall, she trusts her menace and her single-minded confidence to convince a hostile audience that this is really a personal matter that they probably shouldn't interfere with.

"BRING HIM BACK OUT HERE, I CAN PROVE IT! DO YOU HEAR ME, YOU BASTARD? WE KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, trying this again:

Intimidate: (1d20+16)[26]

- Using Hustle to get an extra move action to step through the debris and proceed down the hall. This should at least get her up to bang the chest-high wall in front of S' and keep demanding he drag the mind-impostor back out.

Overrun to get past one guy who I can't move past diagonally: (1d20+17)[21]

This will provoke a lot of opportunity attacks, but these guys are all wielding guns that need to reload. If they have bayonets, are dumb/conditioned enough to try using them, and manage to bring Leolin down that way... well, that's show business sometimes.

16. - Top - End - #466

Planetar

Lucky continues to hide, waiting to see how the mercenaries will react to Leo's attempt to reason with them. When Leo throws the mercenary she has been holding at his feet, Lucky presses the nozzle of one of his Fiveshooters to his head and whispers. "Stay still, partner. If your friends are clever enough, no one has to get hurt. We are the City Watch, and your commander is being used as a sock-puppet by a criminal weirdo."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Leolin charges through the battle lines like an angry rhino and make it as far as the first sergeant, receiving only minor attacks in the process. Her calls simply draw confused faces from the surrounding soldiers, however. Only a laughter is heard as response from the room ahead, and Walther's voice cuts back, again, with an amused tinge.

"Cease this shrieking, little girl, or you're going to rupture everyone's eardrums here. And honestly, you must come up with more believable, down-to-earth stories before spouting them in front of everyone like this. Maybe stick to folklore, for starters?"

Not depending on Leolin's "diplomacy" to find traction, Silver and Florin follow Leolin's charge, trying to support Leo and disrupt the mercenaries' battle lines a little.

Lucky takes control of Leolin's hostage with his pistol, but the mercenary's eyes flick all over the room with agitation, signaling to Lucky that he might make a move very soon.

From the other side of the firewall come a couple of familiar voices.

"Is that you, Miss Arctois?" calls a middle aged woman's voice that you recognize to be the Headmistress.

"Well, I can't keep blasting the hallway with you people in it!" follows the irritated Dean's voice soon after. "Go into cover and signal me then!"

Then, slowly the mercenaries begin their retaliation. Muskets begin to go off as they divide their attacks between Florin and Leolin, but a new alcove to the right of the hallway reveals a balcony, and in it: three men and one large, weird-looking firearm on a tripod. The newly discovered sergeant admonish the nearby soldiers quickly, pointing to the gun.

"They are behind us! Quick you gits, turn this thing around!" The two men promptly panic, try to pick up the tripod-musket-thingy and turn it the other way.

The musclebound sergeant steps up on the desks to match up to Leo's height, and brings his two handed sword down on her with big strikes.

"Ho there Bessie! You step up to the Brothers, you're gonna get cut down!"

Show

Show
    So, Silver rushes the guy in the north.
    (1d20+18)[30] vs. 13
    (1d6+7)[13]
    Fort - (1d20+4)[9] vs. 19 or dazed
    Trip - (1d20+8)[16] vs. Trip - (1d20+1)[9]

Florin charges P'
    (1d20+12)[30] vs. 17
    (1d10+17)[23]
    Fort - (1d20+4)[16] vs. 15 potentially

Privates vs. Silver, Florin (x3), Leolin (x2)
    (1d20+7)[9] vs 15
    (2d8+1)[6] -4 DR
    (1d20+7)[22] vs 14
    (2d8+1)[15] -9 DR
    (1d20+7)[19] vs 14
    (2d8+1)[10] -9 DR
    (1d20+7)[11] vs 14
    (2d8+1)[8] -9 DR
    (1d20+3)[20] vs 11
    (2d8+1)[11] -6 DR
    (1d20+3)[17] vs 11+4(cover)
    (2d8+1)[12] -6 DR

P' attacks Leo with spear
    (1d20+6)[11] vs 11
    (1d8+1)[2] -6 DR

P' attacks Florin with spear
    (1d20+3)[4] vs 14
    (2d8+1)[7] -7 DR

S' rages out and comes at Leo with a greatsword.
    (1d20+7)[19] vs 11
    (2d6+15)[20] -6 DR
    (1d20+2)[22] vs 11
    (2d6+15)[21] -6 DR

Edit: Wait, I guess he can't 5' step onto the tables, so the second attack should be out.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-11-07 at 03:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian harrumphed at the dean's annoyance.
    "At least now we won't have to worry about you burning the whole place to the ground before we can save it."
    It was then that Leolin went crashing through the enemy's front-lines and Ian's worry once again grew.
    "Miss Leolin! Get back here!"
    He rounded the door, only to stop short as a barrage of musket balls began flying every which way.
    If Ian could have actually seen what was lurking behind the corner pointed at the raging woman, it's likely he would have tried dragging her back into cover.
    Show
    Ian is moving to the entrance of the room's door and then taking the Total defense action.
    PP: 2/12
    Inspiration: 3/4
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2019-11-13 at 03:31 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

19. - Top - End - #469

Planetar

Lucky sighs. Diplomacy wasn't going to work on these guys apparently. Well, maybe they might understand the language of bullets better. It is worth giving a shot, so Lucky does. Four shots, to be precise.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack with two Fiveshooters. Fighting defensively.

Targets: P next to Lucky first. Nearest P behind the barricade to the NE next. All shots are non-lethal (-2 added)

Attack 1: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage 1: (3d6+6)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage 2: (3d6+6)[14]
    Attack 3: (1d20-1)[12]
    Damage 3: (3d6+6)[12]
    Attack 4: (1d20-1)[16]
    Damage 4: (3d6+6)[16]

AC: 24 (25 against P next to Lucky)
    HP: 27/47
    PP: 9/9

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

"RRAGH! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! STEP OFF!"

Anyone else who can rage and who can hit Leolin that hard isn't going to be intimidated. If she were only worried about herself, she'd probably focus on defeating this guy first. But the thing on the balcony isn't a threat to just her. She made the call to spend a good minute taking out the cannon on the ground, and getting rid of this gatling gun is about the same priority. At least, that's as good an explanation for her decision as her rage-addled brain can come up with. At least the balcony kind of has some cover from whatever the professors are doing.

So, Dire Felicia does the thing she's been practicing since before she even joined the academy and SMASHES.

Spoiler
    Show
    She uses some combination of Hustle and of eating an attack of opportunity to get the balcony and SMASH GUN.

Strength Check Vs. Inanimate Objects, since even though it's attended it's probably too big to just swivel out of her way: [roll]1d20+19[/roll], +1 for Adrenaline Boost if she doesn't have to use Hustle to get there.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-11-21 at 04:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Preface
    Show
    I might need to increase the "AI" of Florin to help you guys better, I guess.

Leolin pushes and shoves her way past the mercenaries and hammer-fists the weird weapon into scrap metal before her enemies could crank it out a shot. Though a small part of her mind briefly considers the potential devastation if she were to somehow use the thing for herself, the familiar rage quickly washes that out, leaving her satisfied by the destroyed weapon.

Lucky's careful shots quickly down the nearby mercenary but only injure the one behind cover, who refuses to go down easily.

Silver finishes off his prone opponent and moves on to engage two further musketeers.

Florin, on the other hand, takes initiative, scans the battlefield, and yells at his surrounding foes with a hearty baritone.

"Now listen here, you yellowbellies! If you have but an ounce of pride within you, try to score one hit on me. I challenge you, you scum!"

Then, without breaking his stride: "Incidentally, Dean Lennart, about 100 feet from the firewall should be okay."

With that, he casually jogs to Leolin's side in the balcony and deflects a couple of attacks on the way with his spear.

"Thank you, Sir Silverstar!" comes from a sarcastic Dean, and a second later, a huge fireball erupts in the mercenaries' back ranks, more or less where Florin have pinpointed. Four bodies fall on the floor with smoke and flames, leaving behind only the beefy sergeant, barely alive but possibly with third-degree burns.

Show
    Let's deal with the first half first, see who's affected by what.

AoO against Leo. (1d20+7)[26] vs 11
    (2d6+15)[23] -6 DR

Edit: Leo's down to 2 HP now, if I'm not mistaken.

The swivel gun is demolished completely.

Florin begins to protect Leo with Shield Ally, getting half damage off of her.

Florin activates Test of Mettle, taunting all P and P's.
    (1d20+1)[4] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[12] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[15] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[13] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[13] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[12] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[12] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[8] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[18] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[9] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[3] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[7] vs. 16
    (1d20+1)[19] vs. 16

P' against Florin, AoO
    (1d20+3)[9] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[6] -7 DR

Florin against P
    (1d20+8)[21] vs 13
    (1d10+7)[16] -1 DR

Energy Retort against that attack.
    (1d20+7)[25] vs 13
    (4d6-4)[11]

Possible AoOs by Florin.
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d20+8)[28]
    (1d10+7)[9]

Then Dean blasts the back four P's and the sergeant.

(1d20+2)[9] vs. 20
    (1d20+6)[14] vs. 20
    (1d20+2)[4] vs. 20
    (1d20+2)[17] vs. 20
    (1d20+3)[6] vs. 20
    (9d6+9)[36]
    Possible death saves: (5d20)[14][6][8][11][11](50)
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-11-22 at 04:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

A bit disheartened by the fiery blast, the musketeers reluctantly continue their ritual of "reload and shoot", this time exclusively at Florin however.

The charred and smoldering sergeant recollects himself and stumbles towards Leolin to finish her off, but finds himself impaled by Florin's waiting spear. Still somehow alive, he pushes the spear aside and brings his greatsword down on Florin.

Similarly, the tower-shielder also tries to close down with Florin only to be rebuffed by a quick riposte.

The swivel-gun-operating sergeant kicks the scrap metal off of him, draws two sabers from his sides, growls at the 8 foot yet now heavily injured woman and engages her to finish her off.

Finally, with the smoke and flames clearing off from the Dean's attack, Captain Walther comes rushing out of the room with a six men posse. The more ranked officers turn right to escape through the corridors while three more musketeers go for the smoldering barricades to fill their companions' ranks. An officer covering the captain turns back to bark at the remaining mercenaries.

"Hold them off, men! We're off to call for reinforcements!"

Even in the distance, you can see Walther shrug and grin carelessly as he makes his escape. "Yes, what he said."

Show

Show
    Two musket shots vs Florin
    (1d20-1)[3] vs 21
    (2d8+1)[11] -9 DR
    (1d20-1)[16] vs 21
    (2d8+1)[3] -9 DR

Then, some melee attacks vs Florin
    (1d20+3)[8] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[8] -7 DR
    (1d20+7)[18] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[3] -7 DR
    (1d20+7)[18] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[8] -7 DR
    (1d20+7)[22] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[6] -7 DR
    (1d20+7)[22] vs 21
    (1d8+1)[7] -7 DR

One of them gets an AoO from Leo's spikes while moving(?).
    (1d20+12)[17] vs 13
    (1d6+4)[5] -1 DR

Then, the gun-operating sergeant vs Leo.
    (1d20+9)[16]
    (1d6+2)[7] -6 DR, excess divided in 2 between Leo and Florin.

Then, the greatsword sergeant vs Florin
    (1d20+7)[22] vs 21
    (2d6+15)[27] -7 DR

The Energy Retort in the previous post strikes the greatsword guy and downs him.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-11-22 at 05:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian 'saw' Walther and the captain burst out of the room through the smoke and wreckage only slightly after the huge crash of tortured metal rang out. He could only assume it was Leolin's doing as she was the one of the few here capable of such wanton destruction.
    "Get back here you coward!" Ian snarled.
    He began to try reaching out but his mental fatigue caused him to rethink his plan... and decided recklessness/bravery might be the proper attitude to take.
    With that in mind, he scuttled down the hallway and into the intersection. He kept his head down as he rounded the corner to witness the melee between mercenaries, Florin, and one grouchy lady.
    Show
    Total defense and then move to the open space just above Leolin.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

"NOT You," Leolin says as she grabs her fellow giant. Ian can tell she's running out of energy and possibly out of blood, but even so she jerks her head to signal him to keep going after the commander while she keeps the big guy occupied.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 HP? I'll just choose to believe you at this point.

Grab touch attack: (1d20+12)[20]

Iron Grip + Grapple: (1d20+30)[40]

25. - Top - End - #475

Planetar

With the battle going at full speed, Lucky considers his not-so-numerous options. He could rush in to support Leo and Florin, or he could continue picking off the remaining mercenaries. If he rushes in, however, he might lose precious seconds and end up doing nothing. He decides to continue shooting the other mercenaries and taunting them to direct their fire towards himself.

"You yellow-bellied traitors! You think you can prevail against the finest of the City Watch? The Duke will skin anyone unfortunate enough to remain alive, mark my words!"

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack with two Fiveshooters. Fighting defensively.

Targets: Red P behind the barricade to the NE first. Closest P's to the NE next. All shots are non-lethal (-2 added)

Attack 1: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage 1: (3d6+6)[13]
    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage 2: (3d6+6)[11]
    Attack 3: (1d20)[15]
    Damage 3: (3d6+6)[15]
    Attack 4: (1d20)[13]
    Damage 4: (3d6+6)[13]

AC: 24 (25 against red P to the NE)
    HP: 27/47
    PP: 9/9

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

OOC

Hey guys, so, I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I think now is one of the better moments.

Yep, I'm talking about closing the curtains, finally. Forum games have a certain kind of shared social "atmosphere", so I'm sure this is no real shock to anyone. The pacing and some other balances were off for some time now, but due to no one's particular fault, really. This is how forum games go, and this one has been much longer-lived than the average game anyway. So, thank you to all three of you for sticking with this game until now. It was a pretty fun time for me.

Aftermath and Your Impacts

So, I don't know if you care about these stuff now that it's over, but the missions in this game were designed in a mostly open-ended and intentionally hard way -- you could have moved forward with full failures as well as full/bonus successes. Your accomplishments were (mostly) pretty much your own, in that sense. So I made a brief list to summarize the changes and impacts you had in the setting that another group wouldn't necessarily have:

-Turned Lightning away from crime (mostly Leolin).
    -Stopped the vigilante activity of Snowfall's group, and established good relations with them.
    -Didn't pick up some early hints about Whisperer's actions (but this was hard). He was manipulating the Father, way back when in the church.
    -You stopped the Beast with as little casualties as possible, all the while containing him in the tavern. This was a pretty important factor for the "common people vs. Talented" relations.
    -You managed to detain most of Ocean's Eleven Blacklight's Crew.
    -You failed to get the Doctor (this was pretty hard), but you survived that encounter as well.
    -You stopped Marshal from springing out his friends, but didn't catch him again. He was mostly manipulated by Whisperer at that point, and would be re-used again in the attack on the Academy now.
    -You managed to catch both culprits in the masquerade ball, and stopped the duchess and grandmother from getting killed. This was a pretty big win for Talented in the political theater as well, as failure would spark a lot of nasty stuff you could possibly imagine.
    -You failed to pick up some early hints about de Renlon and his political friends in the masquerade ball.
    -You let Mouserat go in the masquerade ball. (mostly Ian).
    -You failed to pick up some big early hints about the auctioneer, in the underground arena.
    -You established pretty good relations with the Redfangs, which was unusual.
    -Ian mostly put Fireangel and Demon Hand in a great debt by killing them.
    -You failed to notice a secret agent of one of de Renlon's noble friends, spying on all the rest.
    -You avoided death or killing Immortal on your return to the arena, which was pretty hard. There was a (kinda easy) way to avoid Immortal altogether, but still. Also, the Redfang elder died in that battle.
    -You let Immortal survive, and then safely go, which would end up in him putting a lot of pressure on Whisperer in the future.
    -You established relatively good relations with Watcher, which would net you a lot of exposition and help in the future.
    -By going to the main building in the academy raid, you would save the Dean, Headmistress, Zero, Teach, and a handful of other students from possible harm, but you would miss the showdown there was to be in the detainment center. Without you, Marshal and some other brainwashed Talenteds would "free" the people there, but would get blindsided by (surprise!) Breaker and Co. in turn, which would end up in the Beast taken away by them, possibly to the Doctor for more... experiments.
    -You thwarted the bulk of Whisperer's shenanigans, in the end, which was designed to divide the people from the Talented.
    -Oh, and Ian mostly recreated the Professor's works successfully, which could end up in a myriad of impactful ways.

So, let me know if you have any comments, feelings or parting thoughts, and anyway fellas, have fun in the rest of your lives.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2019-12-17 at 03:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to see this go but I had fun with playing a non-standard character.
    I've also frequently been using the system you've put in place for powers as I really liked the system and idea behind it.
    Hope you all have a great time gaming!
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunamiatunzen1 View Post
    Sorry to see this go but I had fun with playing a non-standard character.
    I've also frequently been using the system you've put in place for powers as I really liked the system and idea behind it.
    Hope you all have a great time gaming!
    Heh, nice to hear that. I enjoyed all of Ian's intentional imperfections a great deal as well, it really made him a lot more memorable in my eyes. Also nice that you're enjoying the power system too.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

This was a really great campaign! I'm glad I could be a part of it. The world really felt alive the whole way through, and I loved playing with you guys and your characters.