New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Quick Character Art Requests!

Hey all,
    I'm celebrating doing an (online, what with everything happening right now, of course) interview for an art course in the college I want to go to . . . by doing more art! I want to do some 30 minute drawings, tops, and giving people free art sounds like killing two birds with one stone :)

I'll be doing mostly traditional torso and up graphite drawings, and I'd be delighted if you could give a general overview of the character - personality, appearance, any (basic) things you want with them - and, preferably, a visual reference. Even just a basic scribble done in Paint could be of use, or even a Picrew image - I just want to make sure I'm not drawing them wrong. If you haven't got anything like that, no worries! I just need a basic appearance list, a bit like the following;

- Basic body shape, height
    - If they're not human, a reference to their species (I know all the dnd ones, but if it's an obscure one, you're going to have to explain or link it for me)
    - Skin colour and facial features (not as important in black/white, but a reference to a celebrity or other character you think looks like them would work just fine)
    - Clothes style and colour, as detailed or as basic as you want! (though more complex outfits may not transfer well to a traditional medium)
    - Any noticeable features I wouldn't assume to add (scars? weird eyes? Horns????)
    - Hair colour and style (again, photo reference found online is a-okay)
    - Expression / personality
    - If it's applicable and they're from something that has them, like WOW or DnD, their class

These will be quick-n-dirty gesture drawings; I may add some watercolour shading or highlights, but my main goal is to get your character's details down. As ever, I'm not a professional - that's why I'm going to college to learn!

(As a bonus - if you add some fun facts / traits / history about them, I might be able to add a song or two I was playing while drawing them that reminds me of them. You can, of course, opt out of this)

I'll be doing this on a first come, first serve basis, with maybe five or six slots to preserve my sanity. I hope everyone's keeping them and their own safe, looking after each other in these troubled times, and that having a messy black/white scribble of their characters might make their day a little better :)
    I draw, and I write sometimes! Drow paladin avatar by me. They/Them

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Quick Character Art Requests!

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

-Tall, moderately fit
    -Half-Elf
    -Ryan Reynolds
    -Nice, fancy clothing, but mixed with pieces of armor
    -One glass eye, and a remaining scar from when it was cut out.
    -platinum blond, in a ponytail
    -paladin-bard
    -Sly, and charismatic
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Quick Character Art Requests!

Hey! I'm interested in making a request, if you haven't ditched the idea yet. I have a references, spoilered below

Here we go:
    A tall human man, wiry and strong, with darker skin skin tone and heavy, disfiguring scars on his face, some sinking into his short beard. He wears plain leather armor, the most notable feature the leather pauldron on which he rests a huge (some say obscenely so) greatsword. His face carries a wry smile that wrinkles his eyes warmly, and his black hair is buzzed short.

A few more details: This is a Great Old One warlock I'm playing in an upcoming campaign - though he only understands it as something more akin to sorcery, abilities he unlocked in the duress of torture he underwent when uncovered as a spy and captured prior to the start of the campaign. He's recently gotten back into service, hoping to take a more active approach to fighting the evils of the country he once spied on - in many ways, a story he sells himself to help him conquer his fears.

Hope you're staying safe as well, and thanks for considering!
    Spoiler: Greatsword reference
    Show

Spoiler: Leather pauldron reference
    Show

Spoiler: Scars reference
    Show

Spoiler: Face shape reference
    Show

Spoiler: Beard/Hair reference (though maybe without the lineup lol)
    Show
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.