New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Curse of Strahd character

Hey everyone. I posted something earlier about this same thing but I was really vague so I値l try again.

I am starting curse of Strahd soon, and I can稚 decide on a build.

The party is: divine sorcerer, melee fighter, warlock, monk, and there might be more players too.

I知 going to play a non-full caster for the first time, so I would appreciate your input.

I知 considering a high elf arcane tricker, a kenku scout, and a goblin arcane archer. Possibly goblin ranger. Pretty much, I want to play a race that could be fun to play in barovia, that matches with a class that works well with the party.

I知 open to any other suggestions though.

Any input would be greatly appreciated:)
    Last edited by Harrysonford; 2018-06-23 at 05:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Curse of Strahd character

Well non normal pcs could make some npcs skittish. But a goblin with that in mind would be fun. Arcane Trickster or maybe Horizon Walker or even Monster Hunter

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I致e narrowed it down a little more, so if anyone could give some advice that would be great :)

Races: kenku, genasi, goblin, firbolg, Dragonborn, and if you think that they would get some npc heads turning, high elf

Classes: ranger (preferably gloom stalker), rogue (arcane trickster or Scout, or anything else you guys think might work), Paladin, or maybe barbarian

Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

ClericGuy

Play a Van Helsig style Vampire Hunter. With one of those witch hunter hats.

Monster Hunter Ranger (favored enemy undead) plus a dash of inquisitive rogue.

Its fluffy, fills a niche in the party and should do well in Curse of Strahd.

For bonus points be a Human from Earth who has been transported to the Demi plane.

Use a pistol if your DM allows it (you might have to take weapon master for proficiency) or use hand crossbows as the next best thing.

I plan on doing just this if I ever play it.
    Last edited by Malifice; 2018-06-24 at 12:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm just starting in mine, but so far having classes good in the forest and mountains seems really nice. I'd say that Gloomstalker ranger isn't a bad choice at all.

We have a Goblin Samurai and he's got allot of distance out of his racial bonuses action disengage and hide.

I think if you want to turn some heads, that's an easy and fun race for roleplay as well

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Goblin Dex Paladin. Trust me.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

That'll definitely be a good choice as well. Radiant damage, bonuses vs undead, and laying on hands that cure diseases and poisons will be a great plus.