New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

"Warzone?" Lyndal blinked in surprise and looked around as though looking for any signs of aggression.

"Who are you fighting?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE Command Tent
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

Commander Niles Breakbone stopped his writing abruptly as his right hand clenched and snapped his quill into tiny pieces at Lyndal's question. He looked at her with a heavy dose of confusion and vitriol "The zombies, skeletons, ghouls, wights, and other horrible monsters that run roughshod through this gods forsaken jungle!" His huffed chest decompressed slightly as his stained hand moved for a fresh towel and a new quill "It is a war unending on all sides and one we will prevail over. There are no battle lines, waving banners, and calling trumpets. No, it's a shadowy game of ambush, creeping, and clawing at the wooden walls as twelve foot tall beasts hammer at your door. Did you miss this war on your way to my Camp?"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:09 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"We have fought a number of the undead, yes," Aleandrae broke in. "I think all we have run into thus far were skeletons, however."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"You be nice to Lyndal, Mr. Breakbone!" said Bean, waggling a scolding finger at the sweaty man. "Is that how you speak to a lady? We've fought skeletons and poisonous frog-men and vulture-people and we've even met frost giants in this jungle! There are goat-eating wooden men out there! It's hardly a stupid question to ask who or what you're fighting in this place!"
    Her point made, the gnome crossed her arms and gave a dignified nod towards Lyndal.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh my sweet little Bean! I'm sure the good Commander didn't mean to speak harshly. He's clearly under an enormous amount of pressure." Lyn spoke in a forgiving tone and smiled benevolently at the grumpy Commander.

"As the others have informed you, we have indeed encountered many travails on our journey, though I thought of the trials as less a war, and more a way of life in the jungle." She smiled and shook her head, the small beads she used to decorate her hair tinkling musically as she moved.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

"O-oh!" Secret startled, focused enough on her healing that she'd barely registered the presence of anyone else. She bowed as gracefully as she could in the confines of the tent. "My name is Secret. I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to be here! I just saw all this and had to do something." She bit her lip as she looked around. "But I'm out of power for today. I can do as much again after I've rested, though. In the meantime, I can help treat these people the normal way."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

The Commander finished his penmanship, folded the letter into an envelope, and suddenly it was sealed shut by a heavy thudding like a judges demanding gavel. His hand so quickly moved from the quill to the seal that it rattled the whole table and caused the skull beside him to unsettle. Reaching over he adjusted the top of the skull so that it once more aligned with the bottom properly, moved his hand back down to his side, and produced the same cloth he had used to wipe his hands to now wipe his forehead.

"You are correct, Miss Bean. It was an improper statement. We've been campaigning in this jungle for almost a year and I have seized command of this operation for only a few months now since the zombies overwhelmed the previous commander at Camp Righteous," His exhausted eyes fell upon the skull beside him "It has been some time since I have had need to conduct myself with all the accord and procedure of a noble court but that is no proper excuse. My apologies Lady Fireheart."

Bringing his elbows onto the table the Commander began to rub his temples and fish for his waterskin "To the casual observer or the passing enthusiastic adventurer the condition of this island may seem like a universal constant. A way of life. But there are students of history and those long lived enough in the Order to remember a time where things weren't always like this. Before the stench of the unblessed dead wafted from shore to shore. When civilization was allowed more than the tiniest corner with which to place itself on. This island has declared war on all things good or decent that set upon it and the Order of the Gauntlet has taken the challenge to mount a purifying crusade against this perversion." Opening his waterskin he took a long sip from it and began to write another letter. His eyes leveled upon Bean like a cat examining some curiosity We've done battle with many of what you've described but not Vulture people and certainly not Frost Giants," His voice quibbled at the words so great did he doubt "Which brings me back to my original point of why you're here to begin with."

As the once sickened warriors began to dress themselves in the arms and armaments of their profession each of them in turn eyed Secret with a level of fear and reverence. "You have no need to apologize, noble Secret. You've done... so much for my men and women. I am Sister Cyas, a Watcher of Helm, and you may count yourself amongst my acolytes and I whenever you so wish." Sister Cyas extended her chain mailed hand to the Drow [COLOR=“Navy"]"We've expended all that Helm's unending eye can show us for the day but there is still much pain to be eased and we don't have much to work."[/COLOR] She looked morosely over the various beds and accommodations they had made for the seven other sick soldiers. "Helm truly must be watching over us to send such a gift as you. I will keep you in my prayers to him. What brings such a kind soul to the brutal jungles of Chult?"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:09 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Well, actually, we were hired to explore Chult and see if we can do anything about some necromantic artifact that is causing this Death Curse," Aleandrae explained quietly. If she didn't, Bean certainly would. "We have had no leads thus far, but plenty of challenge." She paused. "Actually, we just came from the ruins of your Camp Righteous. There were no undead, but we did have an altercation with some goblins and local wildlife. We, ah, burned the body of one of your men to prevent it from rising as an undead."
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-12-11 at 12:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal nodded in support of Aleandrae's assertions.

"Yes, that's right. No leads, sadly. Have you any for us?"
    #Notallinfluencers

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

Commander Breakbone's face slowly reclined into a rigid state of utter frustration and bitterness as Aleandrae described their altercations and quest. A small smile, however, crept onto his face as she detailed the proper burial of one of their knights. He finished penning down another letter and finally gave the party his undivided attention. Armored fingers steepled before his mouth obscuring the bottom part of his face. Bushy eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he spoke.

"Thank you." It was an odd sound, one that sounded much like a boxers gasping reprieve in the final rounds, and he continued "For providing a knight some level of finality in this churning soup of undeath. I've heard of this Death Curse mind you and of its origin in Chult from our contacts in the Harpers. However that goes beyond the scope of my crusade and is currently being handled by more specialized and elite squads of warriors so that's all I'm privy to," He opened his hands to gesture to the pile of letters besides him before his laden eyes followed suit "What I do have to give you however is several messages and sick soldiers in my camp and I need you to take your boat downstream to Port Nyanzaru to deliver them immediately."
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:05 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

His patience much diminished after listening to a broken man, Siward took a step forward.

"If I may, Commander, but are you certain the Death Curse is not the ultimate target of your crusade? If, as you say, the undead scourge is the uprising of a hostile force, it seems to perfect a coincidence. Perhaps what you face is but the vanguard of some greater calamity."

Driving a fist into its opposite palm, Siward turned about fully to take in his companions before returning his attentions to the crusader.

"If so, we are brothers and sisters in arms. As such, it is our honor and our duty to return your dead and your tale of woe to Port Nyanzaru. But more than that, it is in the spirit of our mission to hunt down any grand concentration of these foul undead and exterminate them. Have you need of any such assistance?"

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Standing silent for a long moment, Aleandrae listened to Siward take up the challenge on behalf of the entire group. She wasn't sure marching (or in this case, rowing) back into the arms of danger at Port Nyanzaru was wise, especially considering their previous hasty exit. Plus, they had another job to do, and she doubted the usefulness of playing carrier pigeon for the soldiers. "Commander," she said gently, casting a glance at Siward, "One of our companions is a skilled healer. Perhaps if she were to examine your soldiers, she might be able to do something for them. A return to Port Nyanzaru will hold up our expedition. Surely if your soldiers were restored to health, one or two could be spared to carry your messages?"

Before the commander could respond, the Tiefling gestured to the maps upon the table. "I am a trained cartographer, and this is one of my roles in our expedition. I can see here that some of your maps have a few small, but important, inaccuracies. I would be happy to make corrections for you in lieu of your request."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

"It's a bit out of our way but we could use some more supplies. My store of chocolate is dangerously low. Oh and bug spray, I suppose." She smiled vaguely at the others though her eyes met Aleandrae's as she wondered if Jobal held grudges.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2018-12-16 at 06:36 PM.
    #Notallinfluencers

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait. Are you two not aware that you're wanted in Port Nyanzaru?" Darion said quietly, squinting at the two women. "Like, 500 gold for both of you. Dead. I mean, I can work around that, but..."

He paused. "Did I not tell you that? I'm preeetty sure I told you."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-12-16 at 07:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

Ruffling his eyebrows at Aleandrae's claims that there were inaccuracies in his maps, Niles begins to feverishly pick at the various parchments around him, and examined them in detail while the others spoke. His rapid work halted, however, as Darion spoke of a bounty on the two ladies.

"You're criminals?!?" He balked, a righteous indignation readily apparent on his face as it burned a bloody red. He stood up suddenly, hands placed firmly upon the wooden table, and eyed the bard and sorceress warily.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:03 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"What our companion's ill-timed remark is in reference to concerns my role as cartographer, Commander," Aleandrae said quickly, casting an annoyed glance at Darion. "Lady Fireheart and I were guests (along with the financier of our expedition) in the house the Merchant Prince Wakanga O'tamu. In addition to providing us with material aid, he set up an appointment for us with another Merchant Prince by the name of Jobal with the aim of procuring a guide through the wilderness of Chult." The bard kept her stance relaxed and her tone measured as she continued. "When we revealed to Jobal that we had a map of the island, he offered to purchase it outright for an enormous sum of money, but our principles and devotion to our benefactor's cause kept us from selling the document and skipping town with such a sum."

"Later, as we were making our selection of guide, some of Jobal's men accosted us and threatened us if we did not give up the map. Needless to say it came to blows and several of the thugs perished in their ill-fated - and might I add illegal - attempt on our lives. So to answer your question: no, we are not criminals. I regret involving you in this affair, and I had thought we might sort this out ourselves, but here we are."

Spoiler: Persuasion!
    Show
    (1d20+8)[23]

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh yeah," Darion sniffed. "That's all true too. Jobal's a ****. They didn't break any laws per-say, Jobal's just a ****."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

BOATFORT

"Humans are shockingly solitary inside those fortress towns they build. I think it would be lonely, but I guess your warm blood keeps you company." Srirak nodded sagely like he wasn't just making racist assumptions, and changed the topic. "How many days do you think this detour will add to our trip?" He rifled through his small bag and pulled out the copy of the map Aleandre had made for him. "This stoneman they wanted to investigate is near this area, and the camp you mentioned is here?" He pointed out the locations on the map as he spoke.

Spoiler: Rollin?
    Show
    Survival! to figure out how long all this nonsense should take so we can do the real quest :P
    1d20+5

hurr durr i forgot how to roll on the forum for second apparently.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2018-12-16 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

The Commander folded his arms resolutely as the Bard pleaded her and Lyndal's case. Ord Firebeard and the other knights stationed outside his command tent quickly opened the flaps at the Commander's loud comment but a single slight upturning of the hand was all Commander Breakbone needed to dispel their presence once more to guarding the perimeter. Pacing behind the table with his hands folded behind his back, Niles Breakbone listened to the rest of her tale, and at its conclusion he looked at her with a serious glare.

"Poppycock," He said proudly whilst waving his hand to the Tiefling woman assuredly "The Merchant Princes can create and alter laws by decree as they see fit, and judges are expected to interpret laws freely but wisely. Such a system would seem to invite abuse and bribery, but the Chultan courts are surprisingly free of corruption." He nodded his head sagely. The gravitas of his voice smoothed over into a more placated and understanding voice "Technically what you did could be considered illegal as Jobal wills it to be but if you've befriended one Merchant Prince and have an offered price it's unlikely he's gone through the process of acquiring two sanctions for your deaths. They're quite rare and always specify the manner in which the intended is to die. More than likely he's gone behind the Merchant Princess of Assassination, Jessamine, and enticed some black market ne'er-do-wells to accomplish the task with the promise of gold. You'll go up the River, with soldiers and authority in tow, and the law shall be wielded as it is meant to be. In defense of the innocent and the righteous! You'll return with your own supplies bolstered and with the heralding flames of civilization to light this dark jungle and bolster our crusade!"

He pointed dramatically to the roof then down to the party and caused a stir of papers to flutter about in doing so.

BOATFORT
    3 Games of Dice Played
    1 Racist Remark Made

"Wait what-" Azaka stuttered as she tried to process what Srirak said but quickly moved along with his mental leap to plotting their expedition and the trip to Orolunga "Oh! Not a camp per say. Orolunga is a shrine or monument of some sort? Honestly the most accurate way to describe it would be a storybook experience or a vivid dream brought to life. Doubling back to the Metal Man would probably tack on an extra 3 days to our journey and require us to either drag our boats inland and figure out how to keep them safe or abandoning them all together. Though I'm not sure what they intend on doing when they find it. It's neutral territory for all the surrounding tribes so we should be safe in journeying there and continuing on our way to Saja N'baza atleast?"

Spoiler: Srirak Survival!
    Show

Precisely you estimate that traveling to Vorn and then to where Azaka approximates Orolunga on your map will take 11 or so days depending on weather. Continuing by boat and ignoring it should only take one week. Again dependent on weather.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:03 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Dohohohoho! He must really like mangos!"

Bean blinked repeatedly, shook her head, and then stood up more straight.
    "Oh, sorry, what's going on? We'll go back to the city with support from all these good men here? Sounds fine to me! I can attest to the quality of the soldiers stationed here! They're all very trustworthy honorable sorts."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Your soldiers will act as guards and witnesses then should anyone seek to collect this unjust bounty, Commander?" Aleandrae asked, choosing her words carefully. "Surely we would be under the protection of the Order of the Gauntlet while undertaking this mission for you and any act of aggression against us would also be considered likewise against your Order, yes?"

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

Commander Niles breakbone squinted his eyes briefly at Bean's comment but quickly nodded his head in assent at her assertion that the fine soldiers of Camp VENGEANCE were trustworthy and honorable.

"Yes yes, while undergoing this mission you will be treated with all the same authority as Ser Ord Firebeard or Lady Perne Selhana. Our contacts within the city will act as witnesses and in the event of deadly encounters will intervene as any Knight of the Order worth his or her salt would do," He stated before walking over to a closed wooden box, popping it open, and after a brief bit of rummaging produced a small metal badge with the symbol of the Order of the Gauntlet "Here. Take this and do your duty. My soldiers and associates will break no laws and broker no deception in their dealings however so do not unnecessarily provoke any judges or officiates in the event that Prince Jobal does declare writ that you have in some way violated the legal system. It would be in your best interest to see to a collection of evidence for your side of the story when you arrive at port in the event you are brought to court. Perhaps a corpse with which to procure questions or a zone of truth."
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-12-24 at 01:02 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Aleandrae left unsaid her thought that creating a new corpse out of one of Jobal's men might provide the information they would need for such an eventuality, and instead politely nodded. "I think we should discuss this task with the rest of our group before we set out, if we may?"

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16

Settling back down onto his table, Commander Breakbone routinely waved off Aleandrae, and nodded his head "Yes, be on your way brave adventurers." He plucked a reference map from a hanging wire and began to look it over with puckered lips and a narrow glare finger tapping against his sweat drenched head.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

As the once sickened warriors began to dress themselves in the arms and armaments of their profession each of them in turn eyed Secret with a level of fear and reverence. "You have no need to apologize, noble Secret. You've done... so much for my men and women. I am Sister Cyas, a Watcher of Helm, and you may count yourself amongst my acolytes and I whenever you so wish." Sister Cyas extended her chain mailed hand to the Drow "We've expended all that Helm's unending eye can show us for the day but there is still much pain to be eased and we don't have much to work." She looked morosely over the various beds and accommodations they had made for the seven other sick soldiers. "Helm truly must be watching over us to send such a gift as you. I will keep you in my prayers to him. What brings such a kind soul to the brutal jungles of Chult?"
    Secret took the offered hand in both of hers and shook it enthusiastically but awkwardly. She didn't have a lot of experience with handshakes, so she curtsied for good measure. "I, uh, am an acolyte of Lathander, actually, but I appreciate the offer. I've heard good things about Helm! And there are probably multiple gods working to solve the death curse thing anyway." She paused, deliberately taking a moment to gather her thoughts and give a more coherent reply. "That is... my companions and I were hired by a rich and surprisingly powerful old wizard to go investigate why resurrection magic is failing - and why those who have come back once before are dying. Worldwide. The source of the problem is supposed to be somewhere in this area, and we've been looking at everything of interest in this jungle ever since. N-not that we've been wandering around randomly! We hired a very good guide, and we're going about it quasi-methodically."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Camp VENGEANCE
    Day 16
    19 Days of Rations Left
    6 Days of Repellent Left

Sister Cyas quizzically scrunched her face as Secret curtsied immediately after shaking hands but said nothing about the gesture. Nodding her head along with Secret's stream of information, the Cleric of Helm settled down beside a still sick soldier, and with rigid movements began to apply water and then immediately wiping it clean. "Wizards," Was all she said for a moment, a clear sound of exasperation and bemusement were present behind her overall sense of ennui and pain "Typical. We encountered similar folk under employ by a wizard of some sort before though they never returned downstream to civilization. Maybe they're still out there seeking to right this cosmic wrong." She grimaced at the Drow, eyes searching for something they couldn't find in Secret's onyx skin.

"You should stay outside of the undead infested parts of the jungle as much as possible while you investigate. Maybe speak with the Aarakocrans of Kir Sabal, they've lived over these jungles far longer than we've campaigned here. The dinosaurs are little better but atleast they don't bear the face of people you may know. I wish you the best of luck in your quest, Secret of the Morning Lord."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Silently fuming that they'd been conscripted to act as messengers by the Helmite commander, Aleandrae stalked out of the tent in search of the remainder of the group.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Somewhat deflated after their encounter with the Commander and the revelation of their wanted status with Jobal, Lyndal followed Aleandrae out of the tent.

"That was a bit of a setback, it seems."
    #Notallinfluencers

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean bounced along, humming to herself. She tilted her head at Lyndal's comment.
    "How so? We'll head back to town, resupply, maybe find some more clues! It's hard to be set back when you're not sure you've made a step forward! And if that mean old merchant prince sends more goons after us, there's no shortage of people in this group hungry for hearts! Hee hee!"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"I don't like being ordered to do anything," growled the Tiefling. "It seems our path is laid for us, at least for the present." Aleandrae stopped and looked down at the gnome. "It would behoove us to be more circumspect in our dealings with others from this point on, I think."