Has anyone used one of these and gotten it to work properly with windows 10? Original disc is lost but probably irrelevant as it was windows 95 or 98 anyways (been a decade since I saw this thing so I've forgotten). I'm trying to get the up/down/twist slide controls to manage movement in wow (slide up to move forward, down for backward, side to side for strafe, twist it to keyboard turn) but all I can get are single button presses, not proper button holds, so during my test in-game it looked like I jerked the barest minimum single step in whatever direction I tried to move before stopping until I slid back to neutral and tried again to the same effect. I remember that it could do this just fine, back in the day I once used it with StarCraft where the sliding was tied to the arrow keys and could zoom around the map by sliding my sidewinder around.

I'm using the strategic engine 1.3 linked from http://www.extemporisation.de/ and also tried combining this software with the vjoy software linked there as instructed but it's still registering as single button presses in any kind of text entry (I haven't tried going back into the game yet as afaik wow doesn't support joystick axi so if I can't get it to print a string of "w" that keeps going for as long as I hold it in the up position I doubt the wow menus will help; on a potentially related note, my razer naga hex v2 registers me holding the numbers down as holding the numbers down just fine, I can get a string of numbers from it while the mssc only gives a single character), and just downloaded an image of the CD from archive.org and mounted it on WinCDEmu (since uninstalled as I have no other use for it) but while it did recognize it as a setup program it won't run on Windows 10 so that's no help either, I can't find any newer version of the original software aside from the 1.3 thing which I'm pretty sure isn't the original CD included app.

Does anyone perhaps know other software that might work better for this, or a way to get that strategic engine program to actually repeatedly "press" wasd/qe as I hold it in whatever position? I've tried everything I can think of...

P.S: Sincerely wishing more game controllers with this kind of slide function existed... I understand that more modern ones use a thumb joystick instead, but yeah the actual physical hand slide movement is something I have long wanted to be able to use again...