Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 22: Evening the Odds

I was already running 4 secrets in my Tempo Mage actually so dropping the Wyrms for Secretkeepers should be fine. I might run a single Mirror Entity or Frozen Clone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Quote Originally Posted by gogogome View Post
    Cheers to Psyren the MVP "naysayer".
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I was already running 4 secrets in my Tempo Mage actually so dropping the Wyrms for Secretkeepers should be fine. I might run a single Mirror Entity or Frozen Clone.
    Huh, really? I'm pretty sure the build right now with 2xExplosive Runes and 1xCounterspell is better, at least if you have Starseeker Luna.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I would have preferred the Mana Wyrm to be nerfed to a 1/2 stat line. It'd be playable and there's other cards similar like Lightwarden.

2 mana Mana Wyrm is unplayable.
    I can agree with that, that would be preferable to this nerf. Still wouldn't be happy with it, but at least it wouldn't be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I don't really have a problem with old decks still being meta relevant, tbh. A diverse meta would have room for old and new decks alike, and there's a lot of enjoyment to be had from a wealth of options. Then again, I care more for deck piloting than deck construction, so that shapes things.
    I'm the same way, particularly on that last point. I mean, hell, my favorite decks in the current meta are basically the modern incarnations of my favorite Classic decks - Odd Warrior and Even Warlock, for Control Warrior and Handlock respectively. I far prefer those old decks to the various flavor-of-the-expansion gimmicks Blizzard keeps throwing in to try and make new deck types, to varying degrees of success. Even ones that I've liked, such as Jade Druid or Quest Warrior, I don't like as much as those classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think it was the wrong one. If the game becomes boring, people stop playing and it stops getting supported.
    Well, that certainly explains why we're at odds here at least. I don't think for one second that them treating the classic set the way they originally said they would would make the game become boring or result in people playing less than they do now. Not when we're getting expansions on a regular basis and have the set rotation in place.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

4. - Top - End - #724

Huh, really? I'm pretty sure the build right now with 2xExplosive Runes and 1xCounterspell is better, at least if you have Starseeker Luna.
    It might be, I got my decklist from a Trump video. *shrug*

I usually hate one-offs unless they're Legendaries, and even then I try to get them in pairs (Luna and Aluneth in this case.) Though in this case, I think a 5th secret might help with consistency if I'm dumping the wyrms for secretkeepers.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

I forget..is it the 1st or 2nd hero whose power you use in the dual class arena?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    I forget..is it the 1st or 2nd hero whose power you use in the dual class arena?
    2nd hero is hero power.

On another note, the class quests for the Tavern brawl seem a little buggy, I completed a druid/rogue quest by winning as the priest and shaman equivalent.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello again. I uninstalled Hearthstone because I didn't feel like keeping up with downloads/meta and my computer doesn't have great memory...

However I wanted to share another card idea I had. Booby Trap, 2 Mana Hunter Secret. At the end of your opponent's turn deal 2 damage to your opponent and draw a card.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

8. - Top - End - #728

I think that would be an auto-include for most decks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Two free damage and a cycle? That's insanely good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it's surprisingly overpowered, for how unimpressive it looks.

Maybe add some trigger, like "if you control no minions"?

Ah, the create a card game.
    It was pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Power level aside, a secret that automatically triggers regardless of circumstance breaks the rules of secret design, I think. Blizzard has taken pretty good care to keep it possible to play around secrets, and having one that's just a damage spell on a delay would probably be a new card type, rather than a secret (although suspended cards would be an interesting hearthstone mechanic and they already have the tech to have a card kind of float to the side of the main play area).

On a totally unrelated note, I just had someone play Millhouse Manastorm when I had a single flame elemental in play and Sound the Bells in hand, and managed to play it 29 times before the rope ran out and kill them in one turn.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

12. - Top - End - #732
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Why would anyone play Millhouse Manastorm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

13. - Top - End - #733

HS kinda has suspend cards already. There are two types - the ones that plop a permanent down on the board that can't be interacted with directly until the countdown elapses (e.g. Stasis Dragon) and the ones that shuffle an effect into somebody's deck that shows up later at an unspecified time (e.g. Iron Juggernaut). There's also cards that combine both approaches like The Darkness.

I wouldn't be opposed to the "float a card/countdown off to the side" approach too though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yeah, even Gutmook loses when he does that.
    Last edited by Psyren; Yesterday at 02:00 PM.

Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    *Shrug* It was an arena match, it was turn 4, I only had a few cards in hand, I guess he figured a cheap 4/4 wouldn't bite him that hard. And, then it did.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes

15. - Top - End - #735

ElfRogueGirl

*Shrug* It was an arena match, it was turn 4, I only had a few cards in hand, I guess he figured a cheap 4/4 wouldn't bite him that hard. And, then it did.
    I can't imagine how terrible the other two legendaries had to be for him to decide Millhouse was the best choice.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Nobody expects Sound the Bells to come in clutch, either.

I probably still would've held off on Millhouse against a Paladin--not for a Sound the Bells OTK, but the threat of a free Blessing of Kings, Spikeridge Steed, or Dinosize is bigger than a turn 4 4/4.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-9573-4652

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a fun experience with the Arena playing a Warrior-Paladin: I actually managed to activate Keleseth pretty early into the game (I drafted like two 2 drops in the whole deck, drew them, got Tanglefur Mystic, and Keleseth popped out). That was a fun win.

Still only went 4/3 grand scheme, but it feels nice to "get away" with something every now and then.

The Mage-Druid I drafted after feels more unfair. I'm basically a Mage with Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation to bail me out when I start losing. Plus I got lucky and got offered Lich King (aside Deathwing and another solid Legendary). I haven't felt this lucky in Draft in a while.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is there ever a good time to cast Millhouse? He needs to either be an 8/8 or make the next spell an opponent casts cost 1. As is he is essentially suicide.

19. - Top - End - #739

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Is there ever a good time to cast Millhouse? He needs to either be an 8/8 or make the next spell an opponent casts cost 1. As is he is essentially suicide.
    On the second turn, when your opponent has no cards in his hands.
    Which is to say, you should never ever play it.

20. - Top - End - #740

It's good for co-op brawls. Same answer as for Arcane Golem, now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Power level aside, a secret that automatically triggers regardless of circumstance breaks the rules of secret design, I think. Blizzard has taken pretty good care to keep it possible to play around secrets, and having one that's just a damage spell on a delay would probably be a new card type, rather than a secret.
    That's true - a secret without a condition required to trigger it doesn't match how secrets work. Even the closest existing secret to that, the Paladin one that gives your board +1/+1 at the start of your turn, still won't go off unless you have at least one minion on the board at the time. This is just a spell on a delay for no particular reason.

I don't think it's op like is being suggested though - since it just goes face, it's basically Hunter hero power in card form, like how Novice Engineer is Paladin hero power in card form. Aggro Hunter decks would likely always run it, sure, but I don't know if the current array of slower ones would want it. I guess if the cycle was just that important to them, but for the existing decks it really isn't. Hunter has so far never been a combo deck class.

Edit: Finished my free arena today (which is the only time I play arena). 9-3 with what what felt like a pretty meh Warrior/Rogue draft, pretty happy with that. And in one of the packs I bought with the gold from it I picked up not one but two legendaries - The Soularium and Kangor's Endless Army. Pretty happy pulling the later, mulling whether I want to disenchant the former since I have a hard time seeing it being in any non-Zoo deck.

And with that pity timer reset, I think it's about time I stop buying packs and start saving gold for the next set.
    Last edited by Zevox; Yesterday at 09:27 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to mention that Hunters with good draw goes against their "class identity" or whatever.

With Witchwood, I tried (fruitlessly) to try to make every deck that came out of it. With Boomsday, I've tried to make every prevalent combo deck that isn't mill druid (Cause I still have memories of playing against lucky mill players). Current list is Malygos Rogue, Shudderwock (with Zilliax) Shaman, Malygos Druid, Malygos Shaman, Mecha'Thun Druid (Both the taunt version and the draw version) Mecha'Thun Warlock, and Mecha'Thun Priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Not to mention that Hunters with good draw goes against their "class identity" or whatever.
    I mean, 2-mana cycle a card and get some face damage in is, while power creep from Explosive Trap, not much better than Flare. And Flare doesn't get run unless there's reasonable odds that it'll proc. It didn't even work well as a tech against Mysterious Challenger decks back in the day.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.