Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 22: Evening the Odds

The existence of that spell actually makes Deck of Wonders a lot scarier. Right now there's a few bad effects in there, but this might be the one most likely to make you instantly lose. Nobody uses DoW, of course, but it does sometimes come up as a random spell.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'd say it's about the same as Astral Communion. One burns your deck but gives you a full hand and about 4 turns before fatigue kills you to win. The other gives you 10 mana and the hope of drawing something usefull/card draw to be able to win. I'd honestly prefer unstable element, at least I feel I have some control over what happens next.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

We talked about Myra a couple pages back, before we knew its name. I stand by my initial assessment - it'll be decent in aggro like Odd rogue as a come-from-behind card. If you're losing it can restock your hand/board better than Sprint can and let you turn the tables, and if you're winning it doesn't matter because you can just hold it.

Some of the tricks being talked about won't work that well. Burning cards doesn't count as drawing them, so you won't trigger "on-draw" effects like Scroll of Wonders or Ambushes. The ones that would have made it to your hand (i.e. first 10 cards) will though.

There may end up being a combo that uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Quote Originally Posted by gogogome View Post
    Cheers to Psyren the MVP "naysayer".
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Weird that people talk about Whizbang as if it were a card for beginners. You need a good amount of deck knowledge for it and there are inevitably good decks in the pool and some very very poor ones.

No, he is a card for streamers and for the guys in HS that already have every other important card.
    Wilfred Springgauge - Tinker Gnome Wizard - Henchmen!
    Siodhachan 'Siod' Glunmar - Shoanti (Half-Orc) Slayer - Curse of the Crimson Throne

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Weird that people talk about Whizbang as if it were a card for beginners. You need a good amount of deck knowledge for it and there are inevitably good decks in the pool and some very very poor ones.

No, he is a card for streamers and for the guys in HS that already have every other important card.
    well its a good card for learning how other decks play so that you can break out of your shell, and see whats good and what isn't.

but yeah, I can see your point: its very much the "random fighter" option in card game form. you pick it if you've mastered every fighter and don't need to choose a style to beat someone. I think I might be getting it regardless, because if someone can beat people with any deck thats better than just beating them with specific kinds. I'll be able to use it to see what cards I want to play with.

also today I opened a pack and got two legendaries: Captain Greenskin again and Baron Geddon. now Greenskin, probably not doing anything with it, but Baron Geddon.....that sounds like a good effect to have. good for a single turn board clear if nothing else. I also luckily got Sea Giant earlier and had 500 spare dust on hand so I crafted a second because sea giant seems pretty good to me. I can see that being useful for time to come. I already pre-ordered my 80 packs to get mecha-jaraxxus so I'm not concerned about spending my coins on classic packs.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 21!

6. - Top - End - #126

If you want "random fighter" in deck form there's a much cheaper option

IIRC Geddon is used in some control decks like Big Spell Mage and Odd Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Yeah that. If I opened him I'd play a few games before dusting though.
    Last edited by Psyren; Today at 12:53 AM.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    We talked about Myra a couple pages back, before we knew its name. I stand by my initial assessment - it'll be decent in aggro like Odd rogue as a come-from-behind card. If you're losing it can restock your hand/board better than Sprint can and let you turn the tables, and if you're winning it doesn't matter because you can just hold it.

Some of the tricks being talked about won't work that well. Burning cards doesn't count as drawing them, so you won't trigger "on-draw" effects like Scroll of Wonders or Ambushes. The ones that would have made it to your hand (i.e. first 10 cards) will though.

There may end up being a combo that uses it.
    I believe he was talking about Scroll of Wonders casting the unstable element from its random pool and costing you the game. Comparable to how it can occasionally pull astral communion right now. Not talking about using it to draw more scroll of wonder cards.

I think Whizbang IS a casual player card. And a pretty good on at that. I play about every other expansion or every third ladder season for about a month. I'm not going to bother finding it, but I remember Brode talking about that's how a lot of people play hearthstone, they leave and come back. I'm decent at the game but don't play excessively so I don't 1) climb to ranks higher than 5. 2) have an excessive collection of dust/cards to make any deck I want. I've got C'thun because he was free and that's the only Old god I have. There's a lot of archetypes I'd love to play but can't due to missing key cards. As long as the decks are somewhat viable and more importantly fun, I'll be making whizzbang just to have some variety.

Definitely a streamer card as well though.

Depending on the mechanics of how he works, he's also good for those pesky play X class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    If you want "random fighter" in deck form there's a much cheaper option
    I get you're joking but there's a world of difference between a themed deck and a build-your-arena-deck as you go.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; Today at 01:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

A casual player card it is. But casual like Noxious or Kibler fun deck casual, not Jonny Everygamer that started Hearthstone 2 months ago or Lily Cuteplayer that crafts and plays cards depending on how adorable the art is.

Edit: just realised you might mean the play mode casual. :)
    Last edited by Sporeegg; Today at 03:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

TBF Kibler is my favorite hearthstone personality. I don't really follow hearthstone media, despite youtube's algrorithim's attempt to force it down my throat after I made the mistake of watching a few videos, but of the little I've seen I like Kibler's stuff. Lots of fun decks and Timmy stuff with decent production value. Some of the Trump or Disguised Toast stuff, I forget which, I watched was just too low quality despite enjoying the contents. Kripp's production value is good but I can not stand him.

And if it makes the full deck golden, I'm pretty sure it is a Lily Cuteplayer once she finds out about it .

10. - Top - End - #130

Kibler is... okay I guess, but he's not my favorite.

For Arena I go with Amaz, Hafu and Trump.
    For Constructed I like Trump, Thijs, Toast (though I skip the ones where he's teaching his girlfriend, her voice and play are nails on chalkboard), and Gaara.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    I believe he was talking about Scroll of Wonders casting the unstable element from its random pool and costing you the game. Comparable to how it can occasionally pull astral communion right now. Not talking about using it to draw more scroll of wonder cards.
    Ah, gotcha. Well I mean, "cast random spell with random targets" are always hail mary effects anyway. What you really want are DISCOVER random spell, because (a) it limits it to you class pool for easier synergy and (b) you have a much better chance of getting something with asymmetrical benefit, like being able to pick a board clear when you're behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Depending on the mechanics of how he works, he's also good for those pesky play X class quests.
    This is a great point. I hate paladin so I might just run Whizzadin to get those quests done. He could actually pay for himself that way.

Plague Doctor by Crimmy