1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Recursively opened the forum within a forum post

So I managed to open the giantitp forum with a reply post on this forum. I'm not sure how, but it's happened.

I'm writing this post inside the post, in fact.

I wasn't aware this was, in fact, a thing that could be done, but it certainly appears so. I can browse the forum and everything.

Spoiler: Screenshots
    Show

Last edited by Awful; 2018-07-11 at 03:36 PM.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Recursively opened the forum within a forum post

Im not seeing anything in the screenshot spoiler. If you used Imgur, I think they blocked GITP for whatever reason from directly linking to them.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imgur links:
    https://i.imgur.com/ufGOmtE.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/bTba5qY.jpg

You might have to paste them into a new window and open them that way rather than following the hyperlink by clicking on it, from previous problems people have had.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I have nothing useful to say about the how's or why's. I do, however, need to extend a hearty "HUH?!?!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

But can you open the forum inside a post inside the forum that's inside your first post?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #6

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I've actually produced something similar while developing a web based application. The application is a C# MVC but the method/error is more widely applicable.

Consider the web page a 'view' made up of frames with 'partial views' in them. The application loads the main view and then can dynamically change the partials.

What's happened is that for whatever reason the main view has been passed in or interpreted as a partial. So you end up with a full web page within a window of the page.

It's a pet peeve I have with Visual Studio and the MS style of MVC programming because it has so many files with the same names that it distinguishes by file location instead of a unique identifier. That's what happened to us, when we rebuilt a page someone forgot to remove the old .cshtml files and it was possible under some circumstances for things to refer to the right file name in the wrong location.

In theory I suppose that it could also happen if something got corrupted or overwritten in html or javascript and a full page was interpreted as a partial view or an iframe filler.
    Niven's Laws, #5
    If you've nothing to say, say it any way you like. Stylistic innovations, contorted story lines or none, exotic or genderless pronouns, internal inconsistencies, the recipe for preparing your lover as a cannibal banquet: feel free. If what you have to say is important and/or difficult to follow, use the simplest language possible. If the reader doesn't get it then, let it not be your fault.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    I have nothing useful to say about the how's or why's. I do, however, need to extend a hearty "HUH?!?!?"
    I concur with this sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel