New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    My opinion is that if they are cute and not sexualized, loli away.
    ...Okay, clarification question, how do you feel about Jack? If you aren't fond then Jeanne Alter Santa Lily might not be to your tastes.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    ...Okay, clarification question, how do you feel about Jack? If you aren't fond then Jeanne Alter Santa Lily might not be to your tastes.
    ok, Jeanne Alter Santa Lily is nowhere near as bad as Jack in attire.

As far as the anime goes, Jeanne makes the difficult moral choices that others aren't willing to make. Not really anything bad, and if anything it makes her even more of a woobie type character.

Edit: somewhat tempting to spend the tickets i got on Rome for more Umu power, but i gotta save it for a small chance at something i need (and also potentially new wiafu) in either london or america.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-07-14 at 12:44 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Jack killed lots of onis for me during Onigashima. I'm willing to forgive questionable design choices.
    Also if I pretend I don't see anything below the waist, she's dressed fairly sensibly.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Jack killed lots of onis for me during Onigashima. I'm willing to forgive questionable design choices.
    Also if I pretend I don't see anything below the waist, she's dressed fairly sensibly.
    Normally I wouldn't mind Jack's attire on a more grown person (although that lower half pushes it even for someone of my questionable taste, even if they were fully grown.) Pretty sure this is intentional tonal dissonance cause if you've seen apacrypha jack is... Yeah... Not completely terrible but that only makes it worse. I like her top and extra knives but I have to set her to her cloak model cause of what she wears down there. Don't mind her final saint graph too much though cause without reference it could easily be a leotard.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-07-14 at 01:18 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Pfff, you'll be fine then!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Normally I wouldn't mind Jack's attire on a more grown person (although that lower half pushes it even for someone of my questionable taste, even if they were fully grown.) Pretty sure this is intentional tonal dissonance cause if you've seen apacrypha jack is... Yeah... Not completely terrible but that only makes it worse. I like her top and extra knives but I have to set her to her cloak model cause of what she wears down there. Don't mind her final saint graph too much though cause without reference it could easily be a leotard.
    Thing is, Jack is/might not be as young as people like to act like she is. It was either in her Servant materials or a design discussion with the writer of Apocrypha that talked about the fact that the reason why Jack has such a mature set of hips and such is because she's supposed to be a malnourished fifteen-sixteen year old which we kind of see when we see Jack's backstory. She shows quite a few traits of a malnourished person but a Servant? They don't show things like that..they show the idealized version of themselves/others saw them. Hence Mata Hari being top heavy when in reality she really wasn't.

That doesn't stop fan conception though! She is people's adorable murderous daughteru....for....some reason.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

That doesn't stop fan conception though! She is people's adorable murderous daughteru....for....some reason.
    Well, you gotta consider that, that very same people is taking a waifu/daughteru off platelets from our own body.
    Spoiler: Cells at Work
    Show

First planet Earth, then this... Human mind works in mysterious ways, I tell ya. :<
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I...managed to beat Gawain without using my command seals.
    Emiya/Nobu/Support Orion/Atalante/BERSERCAR/Mashu. It was a close damned thing but I did it.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

dear god, this week has turned out to be an extreme leveling week. i got nero grailed twice and leveled from 80 to 90, aber alter from 70 to 80, rider kintoki from 60 to 80, rider santa alter from 60 to 80, grail lady from 71 to 80, heraclese from 40 to 80, Euryale from 40 to 70, medea from 60 to 70, kiyohime from 40 to 50, and i plan to level saber lily from 70 to 80. then i have no clue what to do. I was hoping i could level kiyohime to level 70 but of course i am out of bones... if it ain't fangs it's bones...

Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

dear god, this week has turned out to be an extreme leveling week. i got nero grailed twice and leveled from 80 to 90, aber alter from 70 to 80, rider kintoki from 60 to 80, rider santa alter from 60 to 80, grail lady from 71 to 80, heraclese from 40 to 80, Euryale from 40 to 70, medea from 60 to 70, kiyohime from 40 to 50, and i plan to level saber lily from 70 to 80. then i have no clue what to do. I was hoping i could level kiyohime to level 70 but of course i am out of bones... if it ain't fangs it's bones...
    I was somewhat similar to this, though I accumulated 200 Assassin EXP for Scathach, plus leveling Kintoki (Rider) from 50 to 80, various 1-2* up to their final ascension (for their Strengthening SQ), Hassan of Serenity up to 70, Mash to 70, Altera to 90, and Babbage to 60.

I also ran out of Void Dust and Evil Bones, EMIYA asks for 40 dust for a skill 8>9... which hurts a lot!
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

I still plan on filling up my inventory with gold xp cards. I should also store all the servents I don't use to increase my storage capacity. I'm not too concerned with leveling Scathatch immediately cause I have a couple of amazing assassins already but I will need it for the other hopefully 4 servants I get from the part 1 banner on the beach.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-07-15 at 05:06 PM.

Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I might be saving Quartz, but I made myself no such promises about tickets, and Nero was on the banner... sadly, no such pull.
    I got three Boudicas, so now her NP is maxed, in case I ever need a DEF+ team? Too bad she is a loooooow priority for leveling up.
    Speaking of which, Saber day finally rolled around for training, and the fifth piece I needed to ascend Joanne took forever to drop. But now I have all her mats, and just need to keep farming for XP!
    Also got a Prototype Cu, Ushiwaka and Serenity Hassan! Again, to the back of the leveling train, but some good pulls all the same.
    Also there were some CEs, but honestly I just use event CEs anyway, bah humbug.

Edit: Once again waiting for seals to refill before I finish Camelot. Think I'm on the last quest, though. Damn, that NP stings!
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-07-15 at 07:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was hoping i could level kiyohime to level 70 but of course i am out of bones... if it ain't fangs it's bones...
    It's bones and crystals for me, Mama Raikou is hungry.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

I need 20 medals for Lanctoria. I may actually level up Arash just to make hilling Enforment Knights faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I...managed to beat Gawain without using my command seals.
    Emiya/Nobu/Support Orion/Atalante/BERSERCAR/Mashu. It was a close damned thing but I did it.
    Congrats on that! You has officially graduated the first big difficulty spike in the main story!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

I sneaked a peek at the Summer Event, and I am getting hype.

Spoiler: Spoilered Just in Case?
    Show
    Didn't realise Scathassassin was a free event servant! Gold assassin rounds out my lineup, and Scathach is awesome in general.
    It also looks fun, maybe? Slightly confusing, but so was Onigashima until I got into it.
    And a Guts CE available! I love setting Mash up with Necromancy, so that seems like it'll get some use from me.

As always, event shop ascension mats! Especially for Camelot servants, yaaaaaaassssssss!

Honestly not sure if I'll roll for any swimsuit servants. I do want some version of Artoria, but I'm good for archers right now.
    Ruler Martha looks cool too (big Tifa fan, still need to watch JoJo), but Rider Martha is waifu no.1 already, and I just got Jeanne so... probably not.
    But I say that before every event and then roll anyway

But the question that brings me back today: Who does everyone grail? I gave a couple to Martha, will save a couple for Nitocris, but that still leaves me with spares... should probably save a couple for future gold assassin too, to round out that class triangle.
    What are the advantages of going to level 100, because that seems 'stremely wasteful.
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-07-16 at 01:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post

Show
    Didn't realise Scathassassin was a free event servant! Gold assassin rounds out my lineup, and Scathach is awesome in general.
    It also looks fun, maybe? Slightly confusing, but so was Onigashima until I got into it.
    And a Guts CE available! I love setting Mash up with Necromancy, so that seems like it'll get some use from me.

As always, event shop ascension mats! Especially for Camelot servants, yaaaaaaassssssss!

Honestly not sure if I'll roll for any swimsuit servants. I do want some version of Artoria, but I'm good for archers right now.
    Ruler Martha looks cool too (big Tifa fan, still need to watch JoJo), but Rider Martha is waifu no.1 already, and I just got Jeanne so... probably not.

But the question that brings me back today: Who does everyone grail? I gave a couple to Martha, will save a couple for Nitocris, but that still leaves me with spares... should probably save a couple for future gold assassin too, to round out that class triangle.
    What are the advantages of going to level 100, because that seems 'stremely wasteful.
    advantages for your level 100? love and affection from your waifu. also just boosting the attack of a powerful single target NP to it's limits to help kill bosses. but more just love and affection from your waifu.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

advantages for your level 100? love and affection from your waifu. also just boosting the attack of a powerful single target NP to it's limits to help kill bosses. but more just love and affection from your waifu.
    Done and done! (metaphorically, that is. I don't be having the spare embers to actually raise someone to 100 just yet)
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-07-16 at 04:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Congrats on that! You has officially graduated the first big difficulty spike in the main story!
    I then promptly had to use them on the final battle, but that's understandable.

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Show

With respect to Summer Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun:

Spoiler: Because Why Not
    Show
    Martha is more than just DOLPHIN BLOW meets ROAD ROLLER DA. She's more than a third skill that is essentially PASSED DOWN IN THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS.

She is numbers, my friend.

Let me explain. In the previous thread, we discussed the fact that different classes have different attack multipliers (e.g. Casters are low, Lancers are above-average), that the primary advantage of Grailing is an increase in raw numbers, and that therefore certain classes have a massive advantage when it comes to Grailing. Grailing Berserkers and Lancers, for example, is great numerically; grailing Casters is frequently a waste.

Rulers have a modifier of 1.1x, which is excellent. They are excellent for Grailing.

But it's more than just that. Ruler Martha is a beast. As a Ruler, she resists everything that isn't a Berserker. Unlike Jeanne, however, who is solidly defensive, Martha packs defense and offense. I can't find it right now, but there's a video where she basically solos a boss Heracles - with a non-dispellable 9 automatic uses of Guts (that restore him to ~150k). Absolute beast, and very different niche from Jeanne.

That said, I understand not whaling on Summer banner. Prisma Causeway is still on the horizon, with Most Adorable Caster included, so you might want to save for that.

On the question of "Who do I Grail?" I haven't fully Grailed anybody, actually. I Grailed Heracles up to 90, but that's because he is the closest thing I have to a waifu so far. And because of his massive, terrifying numbers.

And because he's so moe. You just want to protect him, you know?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

I've only used a single grail, and that was on Nero, to increase the Umu~

I'll do a bit of whaling on Summer to get something fun hopefully, and then save for Prisma.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    On the question of "Who do I Grail?" I haven't fully Grailed anybody, actually. I Grailed Heracles up to 90, but that's because he is the closest thing I have to a waifu so far. And because of his massive, terrifying
    Muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    numbers.
    Oh, yeah, he does have those.

Pleasantries aside, I grailed Chevalier d'Eon to 90 as a reward for having been my main 4* since I started playing. They're my best friend now.
    I intend to also grail Jeanne and Jalter to 100 both. And if I somehow am lucky enough to also get Santa Jeanne and enough grails, she'll also become a grailed Jeanne. I will have 100 Jeannes across the board.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Uncle Vlad decided to grace me to Np3 when I had no other 5* servants, so I decided he needed to be grailed to 100, as Vlad Arts Compositions are just brutal in both stall and damage output.

I also grailed Arash to 80, as the scaling on his NP is bonkers with levels, and I'm considering grailing him to 100 eventually as I still haven't rolled any archers at 4* or higher besides the free Emiya I got at the start of the game, and welfare Oda.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

so far i have grailed nero to lv 90 cause she deserves it, she has served me well since fuyuki and in the latest battles against the cheating Camelot knights, she pulled her own and survived some battles that went completely pair shaped. but i will save my lv 100 shinanigans for beach mae, beach nero, and nero bride.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I also grailed Arash to 80, as the scaling on his NP is bonkers with levels, and I'm considering grailing him to 100 eventually as I still haven't rolled any archers at 4* or higher besides the free Emiya I got at the start of the game, and welfare Oda.
    To be fair, with his first of two Strengthening quests out, EMIYA is partway to being surprisingly potent, and NOBU!, with NP5, deals solid damage that outstrips many higher-rarity Servants with NP1.

That said, yeah, Arash is pretty sick, especially with a Guts CE (e.g. Nightless Rose) or targeted Guts ability (e.g. Romulus' third skill, which coincidentally also boosts Buster) to allow him to STELLA! and keep ticking.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I double Grailed Nursery Rhyme because that stat boost was wonderful and she does excellent work.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

they haven't given us any info on what event or banner or whatever we are getting in few days. I can only assume one of a few things. they have decided to not bother communicating info on upcoming events. (they've been pretty bad about it lately), they have decided to not have NA constantly being boosted ahead of schedule. or they just randomly decided we needed a breather.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm, might have to wiki-dive to check everyone's max stats, see which non-waifu deserves a grail handout.

they haven't given us any info on what event or banner or whatever we are getting in few days. I can only assume one of a few things. they have decided to not bother communicating info on upcoming events. (they've been pretty bad about it lately), they have decided to not have NA constantly being boosted ahead of schedule. or they just randomly decided we needed a breather.
    I was wondering about that. Happy to have a short break for some rank up and strengthening, though.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

So i did a pair of ten pulls on the London Banner and i got me an Assassin Emiya (neat as i can now run a pure Arts Assassin Team) and some CEs i dont much care about. I figured i may as well throw a few tickets at it while i was at it and i tossed 5:

Fire Flower: Bleh
    Goldfish Scooping: meh
    Stuffed Lion: blargh
    Storch Riter: Oh come on!
    Lancer Artoria Alter: AND WE ARE DONE HERE!

The Black Knight has ridden into town and my Buster based Crit team just got so much better. This is gonna be great. Now i just need Ruler Martha.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    So i did a pair of ten pulls on the London Banner and i got me an Assassin Emiya (neat as i can now run a pure Arts Assassin Team) and some CEs i dont much care about. I figured i may as well throw a few tickets at it while i was at it and i tossed 5:

Fire Flower: Bleh
    Goldfish Scooping: meh
    Stuffed Lion: blargh
    Storch Riter: Oh come on!
    Lancer Artoria Alter: AND WE ARE DONE HERE!

The Black Knight has ridden into town and my Buster based Crit team just got so much better. This is gonna be great. Now i just need Ruler Martha.
    Nice. Assassin Emiya is great. I don't want him, exactly, but I enjoy grabbing him for support.

Fire Flower is so underwhelming! Why does it even exist?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. Assassin Emiya is great. I don't want him, exactly, but I enjoy grabbing him for support.

Fire Flower is so underwhelming! Why does it even exist?
    Three-star CE. Why do any of them?

Also, isn't it a mistranslation? I mean, the Japanese for "fireworks" - which this is clearly depicting - is hanabi. The characters that form the word are hana (flower) and hi (fire) - literally "fire flower." I feel like this must be a mistranslation, and I expect more of the translators. Are they trying to be poetic? Because, y'know, leave that for the skills and NPs.

Blackhawk, grats on the Lalter. She is Best Lancer. (Sorry, Shishou, but Ox-King always.)

I'd say grats on EMIYAssassin, but... Well, I'd say condolences, but... Look, he's a complicated Servant. His targetable Taunt is potentially useful, with a team designed for it. His blue button and Arts NP mean that he's capable of sturdy Arts chains, which is nice. His on-demand Ignore Invincible is useful, although the penalty is pretty stiff. On the other hand, he has no survivability skills. Shiki is his direct competition, as an Arts Assassin, and is pretty much strictly better - same Arts availability, same blue button and Invincibility piercing, but she also has an NP charge and a Dodge button, as well as NP5.

I mean, if you specifically want an Arts Assassin team, sure, do that, but otherwise, you should have a welfare Servant almost strictly better than Hitman of Justice. Unless you need that targetable taunt.

But Lalter? Always Lalter.