New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Three-star CE. Why do any of them?

Also, isn't it a mistranslation? I mean, the Japanese for "fireworks" - which this is clearly depicting - is hanabi. The characters that form the word are hana (flower) and hi (fire) - literally "fire flower." I feel like this must be a mistranslation, and I expect more of the translators. Are they trying to be poetic? Because, y'know, leave that for the skills and NPs.
    this one i am not really annoyed about, the japanese just literally named them fire flowers. and it isn't like they are ignoring previous translations to make up a name that doesn't make any sense at all.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Also, isn't it a mistranslation? I mean, the Japanese for "fireworks" - which this is clearly depicting - is hanabi. The characters that form the word are hana (flower) and hi (fire) - literally "fire flower." I feel like this must be a mistranslation, and I expect more of the translators. Are they trying to be poetic? Because, y'know, leave that for the skills and NPs.

Blackhawk, grats on the Lalter. She is Best Lancer. (Sorry, Shishou, but Ox-King always.)

I'd say grats on EMIYAssassin, but... Well, I'd say condolences, but... Look, he's a complicated Servant. His targetable Taunt is potentially useful, with a team designed for it. His blue button and Arts NP mean that he's capable of sturdy Arts chains, which is nice. His on-demand Ignore Invincible is useful, although the penalty is pretty stiff. On the other hand, he has no survivability skills. Shiki is his direct competition, as an Arts Assassin, and is pretty much strictly better - same Arts availability, same blue button and Invincibility piercing, but she also has an NP charge and a Dodge button, as well as NP5.

I mean, if you specifically want an Arts Assassin team, sure, do that, but otherwise, you should have a welfare Servant almost strictly better than Hitman of Justice. Unless you need that targetable taunt.

But Lalter? Always Lalter.
    The part i love the most is that i also have Lancer Artoria, so i have the Lion King and the King of Storms/Ox King. All the giant death laser!!

And ya Assassin Emiya is weird, but he beats Shiki at one thing: he makes more Crit Stars. Now, is that great? No, but it is a thing he does and im reasonably happy to have the guy around. I've nabbed him off the Support page a few times and hes solid enough. I do have a few Shuten Doji's on the list so i can have full Arts Assassin team which is fun, if not terribly useful.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2018-07-16 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

And then after saving up to three command seals for the end of Camelot, I didn't need them.

Mashu (got lucky with Necromancy three times), Saberlot, and Support Nero Bride front line lasted two whole NPs! Then Jeanne kept Feargus and Raikou alive long enough to finish the job.
    So now I'm taking advantage of the last day of super ember farming before I start strengthening quests. Good times!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    But the question that brings me back today: Who does everyone grail? I gave a couple to Martha, will save a couple for Nitocris, but that still leaves me with spares... should probably save a couple for future gold assassin too, to round out that class triangle.
    What are the advantages of going to level 100, because that seems 'stremely wasteful.
    Talked about a bit in the last thread, but I grailed only two Servants so far. Mata Hari and Medea, both waifu Servants but I also wanted to give Mata Hari a big stat boost for her big, shining moment and because I wanted a solid ST Caster to deal with Assassin enemies.

I don't plan on grailing any four or five star servants though, for me a grail is to make a low rarity servant get the stats they need to hang with the big dogs. And even then, I only plan to take them to 80.

Blackhawk, grats on the Lalter. She is Best Lancer. (Sorry, Shishou, but Ox-King always.)

I'd say grats on EMIYAssassin, but... Well, I'd say condolences, but... Look, he's a complicated Servant. His targetable Taunt is potentially useful, with a team designed for it. His blue button and Arts NP mean that he's capable of sturdy Arts chains, which is nice. His on-demand Ignore Invincible is useful, although the penalty is pretty stiff. On the other hand, he has no survivability skills. Shiki is his direct competition, as an Arts Assassin, and is pretty much strictly better - same Arts availability, same blue button and Invincibility piercing, but she also has an NP charge and a Dodge button, as well as NP5.

I mean, if you specifically want an Arts Assassin team, sure, do that, but otherwise, you should have a welfare Servant almost strictly better than Hitman of Justice. Unless you need that targetable taunt.

But Lalter? Always Lalter.
    3 star CEs exist for team cost reasons. That's about it. Also they sometimes have odd effects that higher level CEs don't seem to such as giving bonus attack versus specific enemies and whatnot.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

So I randomly threw a ticket at the America summon, not expecting anything good at all. What do I get?

The Original Foxy Waifu herself, Tamamo no Mae. Very pleasantly surprised by that!
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    So I randomly threw a ticket at the America summon, not expecting anything good at all. What do I get?

The Original Foxy Waifu herself, Tamamo no Mae. Very pleasantly surprised by that!
    Grats! She's quite a catch, isn't she?

I threw one, got Rama. In the past few weeks, I've gone from having no decent high-rarity Sabers (sorry Lily) to having Siegfried, then d'Eon, then Lancelot, and now Rama. Admittedly, I think I prefer Lance to Rama, but still it's nice to actually have options now.

So I decided to throw two more, and got a 3-star CE and another Asako. At least that boosts her NP.

Think I'll hold onto the rest of my tickets.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Looks like the Camelot 2 banner is soon (or now) and I am attracted to that Altria lancer, as I do not have a 4*+ lancer servant yet. I've Cu Chulainn lvl 70, but having someone much higher level would certainly not go unwanted.
    On the other hand, I refuse to spend money and whale, so I definitely don't have the quartz to spend on that. I do have some summon tickets from the anniversary though, so I am pondering.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I can tell you that Lanctoria if amazing and will do excellent work.

In other News I got Rama to lvl 70 so that's nice.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm tempted to throw some tickets at Camelot 2, but I should really save for Summer and Prillya.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Talked about a bit in the last thread, but I grailed only two Servants so far. Mata Hari and Medea, both waifu Servants but I also wanted to give Mata Hari a big stat boost for her big, shining moment and because I wanted a solid ST Caster to deal with Assassin enemies.

I don't plan on grailing any four or five star servants though, for me a grail is to make a low rarity servant get the stats they need to hang with the big dogs. And even then, I only plan to take them to 80.

3 star CEs exist for team cost reasons. That's about it. Also they sometimes have odd effects that higher level CEs don't seem to such as giving bonus attack versus specific enemies and whatnot.
    There are few 3* CEs that are actually useful the only one that comes out of my mind is Dragon's Meridian, because starting 50% NP gauge is good for servants that spam NP early in the game, like Hans, and considering he's also a budget servant, it adds up little cost for a superb support.

Congrats, one of the best casters in the game and awesome staller.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I'm tempted to throw some tickets at Camelot 2, but I should really save for Summer and Prillya.
    Are you me? Coz this is me. orz

12. - Top - End - #72

But the question that brings me back today: Who does everyone grail? I gave a couple to Martha, will save a couple for Nitocris, but that still leaves me with spares... should probably save a couple for future gold assassin too, to round out that class triangle.
    What are the advantages of going to level 100, because that seems 'stremely wasteful.
    90 to 100 gives about 1k in atk and hp, which if you really like the servant could be worth it. I haven't used any yet, but will probably use them to get some 4*'s to 90.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Guys, I think I may need to go play the lottery?
    In a single summon, I got two Lartoria and Sanszang.
    And in another one, both Tristan and Gawain.

This is my team right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ghXxXyAuw (Monthy Python's Camelot song)
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-07-17 at 11:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

after a couple grails and a level 70+ formal craft, nero can hit like a 5 star. i know I could boost a 5 star even higher but nero.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #75

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    after a couple grails and a level 70+ formal craft, nero can hit like a 5 star. i know I could boost a 5 star even higher but nero.
    If Imperial Privilege procs, Nero hits like a truck. IP is amazing.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    If Imperial Privilege procs, Nero hits like a truck. IP is amazing.
    A sexy, sexy truck.

Wait that came out wrong.

Ahem.

So, 1/2 price free quests. Maybe I can finally catch up on those for some extra SQ. I need to clear out America and then Camelot.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post

Why would you play the Lottery? You just blew all of your luck right there lol
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, those are awesome pulls and I hate you a little.

On the other hand, all the medals. Lartoria requires 20 for her third Ascension and 30 per skill; Gawain requires 24 for Ascensions; Tristan requires 12 for his second Ascension and 24 per skill.

So, I mean... Awesome pulls, but I do not envy you your farming.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

On the one hand, those are awesome pulls and I hate you a little.

On the other hand, all the medals. Lartoria requires 20 for her third Ascension and 30 per skill; Gawain requires 24 for Ascensions; Tristan requires 12 for his second Ascension and 24 per skill.

So, I mean... Awesome pulls, but I do not envy you your farming.
    That is fair. For what it's worth, Lartoria is the only one I really am going to focus on leveling, I have plenty of archers and sabers already. Between d'Eon serving as my saber tank and Saber Altria serving as a damage dealer, I am not in need of bringing Gawain to a higher level. As for archer, I recently pulled Atalante, and Tristan seems to be a better David, so I can at least use David as a protective archer. Plus I already have a high level Euryale. Caster-wise, Tamamo is being grown to be my main gal, not to mention Irisviel being already max level.
    The amount of farming that's going to be needed for Lartoria is definitely going to be a pain.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

That is fair. For what it's worth, Lartoria is the only one I really am going to focus on leveling, I have plenty of archers and sabers already. Between d'Eon serving as my saber tank and Saber Altria serving as a damage dealer, I am not in need of bringing Gawain to a higher level. As for archer, I recently pulled Atalante, and Tristan seems to be a better David, so I can at least use David as a protective archer. Plus I already have a high level Euryale. Caster-wise, Tamamo is being grown to be my main gal, not to mention Irisviel being already max level.
    The amount of farming that's going to be needed for Lartoria is definitely going to be a pain.
    Oh, yeah. I have Saberlot, and he's comparable. (88 to Lartoria's 110.) I haven't even leveled his skills above 4 for that reason. I feel sorry for anyone who pulls Rider!Mordred or Archer!Arturia during the Summer banners, too. Same reason. Medal farming is the worst farming. Although, to be fair, 1/2 AP quests are a big help with that.

With regard to Gawain, yeah, you're not wrong about having options - he's solid, but only really shines in certain stages. And Tristan is useful, but you're right, Euryale is way more niche.

Given that you already have Xuanzang, you might actually not need to pull for Illya, either. You know, unless you want to. They occupy a similar niche - ST Buster NP Casters with limited team support power. So you can save up if you want, there.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Given that you already have Xuanzang, you might actually not need to pull for Illya, either. You know, unless you want to. They occupy a similar niche - ST Buster NP Casters with limited team support power. So you can save up if you want, there.
    I will be strong. I will resist the call of the waifu.

22. - Top - End - #82

So, 1/2 price free quests. Maybe I can finally catch up on those for some extra SQ. I need to clear out America and then Camelot.
    It's also nice for farming mats, compliments all the EXP grinding last week.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

to be fair, i don't have many options besides nero for that formal craft, i have drunk oni but she has an assassin multiplier and a weaker NP, though i did just get li shuwen, on the last day of bonus xp... now i need to farm back up to full embers in my inventory.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

So I have a question for all...I'm nearing 150 quartz and I'm debating what banner I want to pull on.

Camelot 2 Banner has Lancer Artoria and Tristan on it. I need a good...or any AoE Lancer to be perfectly honest and a good ST Archer for a variety of reasons..plus Tristan is Quick which suits my Quick team and its two targetable Quick buffs just fine! Plus Gawain is on there and I like the character of all three of them. So its a strong contender but has no rate-up CEs for any event. However there is a Knights of the Round banner later that'll include both Lancelots and Mordred..but that seems like a great way to not get the specific characters I am aiming for.

Summer 1 has CEs I'd like to get that'll make farming the event easier. ...That's about it.

Summer 2 has Summer Martha, who aside from being a four star, which I've had better luck getting, is also a fun ruler to have. And I wouldn't mind getting Archturia or Marie either. But...pretty much only Martha is of serious interest.

Prisma Causeway banner has Illya, who seems fun and completes my Emiya family team along with Kuro, the CEs are cool (and the only way to get Miyu currently in the game) and Medb is on rate-up as well and Thot Queen is deeply desired.

After that...well...I'm probably not going to rule aside from picking up CEs for quite awhile so...which do people think I should roll on here?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

A sexy, sexy truck.

Wait that came out wrong.

Ahem.

But surely Berzercar is the sexy truck, if anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    It's also nice for farming mats, compliments all the EXP grinding last week.
    Which is most definitely a relief. Nitocris has me in chain hell. I need 9 more to ascend her again, never mind all her skills, and that's before I even get to Ozy. Yeesh. I'm scared to boost anyone's skills at all, in case that comes back to bite me ascension-wise.
    I think Saberlot is my only servant who needs medals, at least.

So I was running through my servants to see if anyone deserved a grail, and realised Lu Bu is my only ST Berserker, so he's back on the roster again. Still not commited to Palingenesis for anyone (except Nitocris. And maybe Saberlot), but I'm rounding out my AOE/ST options nicely.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    So I have a question for all...I'm nearing 150 quartz and I'm debating what banner I want to pull on.

Camelot 2 Banner has Lancer Artoria and Tristan on it. I need a good...or any AoE Lancer to be perfectly honest and a good ST Archer for a variety of reasons..plus Tristan is Quick which suits my Quick team and its two targetable Quick buffs just fine! Plus Gawain is on there and I like the character of all three of them. So its a strong contender but has no rate-up CEs for any event. However there is a Knights of the Round banner later that'll include both Lancelots and Mordred..but that seems like a great way to not get the specific characters I am aiming for.

Summer 1 has CEs I'd like to get that'll make farming the event easier. ...That's about it.

Summer 2 has Summer Martha, who aside from being a four star, which I've had better luck getting, is also a fun ruler to have. And I wouldn't mind getting Archturia or Marie either. But...pretty much only Martha is of serious interest.

Prisma Causeway banner has Illya, who seems fun and completes my Emiya family team along with Kuro, the CEs are cool (and the only way to get Miyu currently in the game) and Medb is on rate-up as well and Thot Queen is deeply desired.

After that...well...I'm probably not going to rule aside from picking up CEs for quite awhile so...which do people think I should roll on here?
    Summer 1 sounds skippable... Having three rate ups you're after is rare for me, so Camelot 2 has good odds for you. Prisma should be less disappointing if you want the CEs as well. Summer 2 has Martha and consolations...

I guess I would prioritise Camelot 2 > Prisma > Summer 2
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-07-18 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Ninjas!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit:

Summer 1 sounds skippable... Having three rate ups you're after is rare for me, so Camelot 2 has good odds for you. Prisma should be less disappointing if you want the CEs as well. Summer 2 has Martha and consolations...

I guess I would prioritise Camelot 2 > Prisma > Summer 2
    Prisma CEs I do want actually but the big thing is...I don't want any of the four star servants on it. They function perfectly fine mind, but I already have Medea Lily and a NP 2 Nursery Rhyme...and I don't really need or desire Helena..so its really only the CEs and Medb and Illya I want from that banner which makes me a little leery, cause its more of an 'all or nothing' type deal.

27. - Top - End - #87

Eh. I'm only rolling on the Prillya banner cause Illya is my favorite servant. I don't need her (have Sanzang) and already have Medea Lily, and while Nursery and Helena would be good I can make do with Halloween Liz. I'm saving for that banner purely for waifu reasons.

Honestly summer part one is the best banner for me gameplay wise, and has three waifus I want. I'm a little worried I'll overspend on that banner and not have enough for Illya... It's hard to guess these things.

28. - Top - End - #88

NecromancerGirl

First time posting here, thought I would just pop in and share my User ID and ask for advice on what to roll for given who I have, and or advice on how to make do with missing elements.

User ID is 445,861,011 Name Fujiwara.

I have an over abundance of Berzerkers and Riders. For berzerkers im mostly set with Cu Alter(90), Lancelot(76), Ibaraki, and Herc, though those last two i have sitting at 70 and Ibaraki is waiting for Ascencion. I also have a level 60/70 Vlad, who I can combo with my 85 Nero, and a friend list Waver.
    For Riders, I have Medb(90), Mary(70) Martha(62), Ozy(60) who I pulled as the Five Star Aniversary summon, Santa Alter(60) who I missed the grind for due to having a poor phone at the time, and a Kintoki I have yet to touch past 10, but I have all his Materials for Ascension. As well as a few 3 star or less riders, and a Marie who is at 4/5 and I dont really feel like using.

The classes I lack the most are Lancers having only a level 70 Eli and a Cu at 46 of any note. And Casters having Medea, Babage, Medea Lily, and Iri as note worthy ones. A level 50 Eli Caster is also here, but as I cant ascend her, she's mostly worthless at this point. I was lacking archers until I got Euryale and Robin to 70, then I picked Emiya as my 4 star from that event last month and now hes sitting at 63/70. I do have a Kid Gil and a David at level 30 of 40, so I should probably level them. Assassin is the big missing one, as Shiki and Stheno are the only ones of note. Mata Hari is sitting at 30/40 and Kotaru is at 15/30. I also have a Koujiro at 40/50, so that I guess is an option.

I feel im odd as I would rather spam Servents that have Advantage over the foe then build a dedicated team. So my team lists are often in flux as I swap servents around to use those who have advantage over the new foe set up in any level I fight. It might be because i have enough variaty that I can spam those who are good VS the current foe, but it does make times where theres more then 3 kinds of units on the same advantage axis hard to figure out how I am supposed to handle it.

Claws, Feathers, and Scales are my bane for ascension/skills. I can never have enough. Hearts just made themselves known, as several of my servants I have sudden need of them. Im also really behind on skills most of the time, as I focused too much on Levels and Ascension.

Given how im lacking any kind of Special class, I'm tempted by Martha, but my lack of Lancers are asking for me to roll for Tam or Kiyo in the Summer banner. I have 157SQ for use Summer/Illya/anything else. What banner would I roll on if I wanted a solid caster/assassin/lancer/archer?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

So...I did three pulls on the Camelot II banner because it really seemed like the best one for me. First two didn't give me anything aside from more Serenity and some CEs I didn't have which took out a lot of the sting...third dropped Tristan! Wooooo! Four star ST archer for my Quick team that's also really cool!

Well I only had enough quartz left for a single multi pull which isn't enough on any banner so I figured 'screw it, anything else now is just a plus' and did the last multipull I can do.

Lancer Artoria.

I am so giddy now even as the realization dawns on me that I have absolutely no embers for either of these two and I need 24 more medals to fully ascend them anyway.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Given how im lacking any kind of Special class, I'm tempted by Martha, but my lack of Lancers are asking for me to roll for Tam or Kiyo in the Summer banner. I have 157SQ for use Summer/Illya/anything else. What banner would I roll on if I wanted a solid caster/assassin/lancer/archer?
    Hi! Welcome to the thread.

Here's my advice: like you, the only lancers I have are Cu and Liz. And honestly, that's all I need. Cu is a beast, his damage and survivability are amazing, he really should be a four star. If you ever need to kill an archer and those two lancers aren't sufficient, adding a support Karna/Scathatch or switching over to a Berserker comp should suffice. In terms of Archers, Chloe is coming soon for free in Prisma, and she's straight up the best four star archer in the game. Also, Arash is an awesome Archer and he's a one star, so really easy to get. You already have the best four star assassin (Shiki) and with the welfare Scathatch assassin from the summer event you should have most of your bases covered in that class.

Honestly, looking at what you have I don't see any glaring weaknesses mechanically. You should just roll on the banner that has the characters you like the most.