New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default What is a dexterity based chaotic class?

I am currently developing a game and I need some help.
    I need "chaos" based classes, based on chance and randomness.

I've got wild mages for intellect, and chaos knights for strength, but apart from some sort of "gambler", I have yet to remember or find something accurate for agility.

I would also need more intellect and strength based chaos classes if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be very grateful :)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: What is a dexterity based chaotic class?

Do you mean names for classes? Or are you looking for concepts as well? I guess it would depend on what the definitions of Law and Chaos are in your system as well as what classes you already have across the board. Linking classes to alignments is a little tricky without knowing what those concepts mean in the context of the game.

I'll try to contribute, though. The ones that come to mind for me are:

Vigilante - A chaotic brawler type, similar to (more dexterity-based portrayals of) Batman or Robin Hood. They would probably need some sort of mechanic that emphasizes their working outside the law. They'd work best with a version of chaos that is more centered around personal freedom than one that is random.

Luckmaster - Something that just came to me - a character that uses either their own good luck or others' bad luck to augment their own fighting skill. Possibly a gish-y rogue character.

Sapper - Combat engineer, saboteur, etc. They'd focus on bombs, traps, and other tools to cause chaos and disruption. Could be lots of fun and fits into most desired tech levels.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Scripten View Post
    Do you mean names for classes? Or are you looking for concepts as well?
    I mostly meant names, but concepts are fine, too.
    The alignments work through tokens of life and death. Lawful and neutral are standard, life is good, death is bad. If you have life and death, you get chaotic.

The two classes you mentioned save for luckmaster, for example, already exist.
    You can become a Sapper if you get either:
    Agility(Pickpocket)>Agility(Thief)>Evil(Assassin)> Intellect(Sapper);
    Agility (Pickpocket)>Evil(Cutthroat)>Evil(Assassin)>Intell ect(Sapper);
    or Agility (Pickpocket)>Evil(Cutthroat)>Intellect(Sneakmage)> Intellect(Sapper)

In order to become a Vigilante, you must pick:
    Agility(Pickpocket)>Evil(Cutthroat)>Good(Sentinel) >Good/Evil/Agility(Warden)>Good/Evil/Agility(Vigilante)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Maybe write up a list of what you already have, then, so people can work around/within that?