New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: In Search of Sanity II [IC - Group #1]

Lord Hanley, after trying to wield the dagger, finds it is to big in his misshapen little hands, and puts the masterwork silver dagger back into the treasury. He shrugs, "Oh, well, I tried."

The group follows Björn, but where does Björn lead the group? "Heading out" is not a destination.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

The first place that Jean recalls exploring.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

"We are heading to the other camp with the orpiment cult right?" Zoo says hoping to put a bit of distance between himself and Ivory.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed." Jean says. "When things... shifted, we had been just about to climb the stairs and confront this 'Zandalus' above the Apostles' camp."

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"It was my understanding we were going to retrace our steps to ensure no baddies had returned to the places we'd already been... Then proceed onward to confront Zandalus?"

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's going to be tedious and take lots of time, but we really need to make a circuit to be sure the layout is still what we... most of us... remember from the last... whatever that was. Before we rush into any kind of showdown."
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean nods. "Then let us be about it."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds good to me."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zoo will spend a total of three SP to enhance his strength, constitution, and dexterity.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn nods and heads off in the direction Jean points to.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Haru followed quietly, not talking much as he thinks to himself.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

11. - Top - End - #461

The group follows Björn as he stoically moves north along the western length of the asylum (going east would have been dealing with areas he doesn't remember going).

The group traverses the rubble pile at the mid-point, and then begin to check room-to-room of the northwestern set (E5-E8), seeing the evidence of past "rosters" of heroes having been through here to eradicate the Tribals (even if some of you weren't part of such a foray). The group goes into the Tower Room (3 dead Tribals), and then it matters to go to the Tower Heights, which is difficult to get to. Teams are set up that can climb, and in getting up to the Tower Heights room, you find the body of a dead oneirogen.

Again, some of you were there when it was killed, some weren't.

An important environmental note, is that there is no longer any yellow mist up here. Even the yellow mist outside - while present and strong, doesn't seem as bad as it was before.

>> RP interlude for those that didn't kill the oneirogen with the previous G1 group.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

"Still dead. Thank Allah." A benediction that feels strange to Jean's tongue, but at the same time very familiar - he glides over the strange syllables like he's said them a thousand times before. "I was not... here... when they first fought this thing, but all appears as we had left it last night. This bodes well for the future."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn nods his agreement. "Let us move on then..."

14. - Top - End - #464

Move onto where?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn looks at Jean... "I believe it was north we were heading next, correct?"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean takes a moment to think. "This yellow mist leaves us trapped in twilight, but I think it is east that we want to walk. That is the way to the Apostle's camp, at least."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn nods his agreement and turns and heads east...

18. - Top - End - #468

So, you manage your various ways back down from the Tower Heights (not shown) into the Tower Room (E10). You get into the northwest passageway connecting the northern areas (E areas on map).

There are four general ways to handle going east.
    1) Go high. Into the orderly room (E5), and through the kitchen and directly towards the Apostles' camp.
    2) Go directly east. Go out one of the two facing external doors at the end of the eastern spur of the northwest passageway to explore the courtyard.
    3) Go somewhat south-then-east. Go through the Administration areas (C areas).
    4) Go far south, than east, past the Admissions Hall (C1), and explore east by going...
    4a) Into C4 and then out the external door, or
    4b) Explore the southeast section of the building, well past the admissions hall.

What do you do?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking at all the options of unexplored area, Björn says, "Perhaps we should explore other areas first before we commit to a conflict. It might be useful to have more information or perhaps weapons or artifacts? I hate going into a battle unprepared... At least I think I do... We may find additional useful items to help us..."

20. - Top - End - #470

"When the group I was with dealt with the cook and the cultists in the kitchen prep room the first time," says Gaye, "there was a banging on a makeshift barrier to the south, which I am guessing leads to outside. Something was trying to get in."

"Given what I've seen so far," replies Lord Hanley, "that would be outside, the courtyard's far northern end. I say we leave from either of those two doors to the east and check out the courtyard. But from what Gaye says, we can expect trouble."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Alright then... Let's get into battle formation and check the easternt doors."Björn says as he heads out drawing his sword.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean nods, readying his sword.

23. - Top - End - #473

So, you have two facing doors in the hallway, both leading outside. Though they technically (presumably lead to the same courtyard, which do you take, the north or south?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Feeling northish, Björn heads for the door to the north and looks back at the group. "I've become so disoriented by changing members I've forgotten who is best at trap checking. Who will volunteer?"
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2019-05-25 at 10:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Lord Hanley shrugs with his hands out. "Well, since the bird is sick - so much for animal senses. Wait, no..." and here he looks at Zoo. "I am sure you can do something to listen, yes? Unless you were talking about looking for hidden dangers, which would probably be the same person since none of you strike me as rugged archaeologists or incorrigible safecrackers."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

"If I'm our best option then we're in trouble, but I'll see what I can do." That said, Zoo transforms into a small dog and approaches the door as quietly as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using concentration to become small dog, stealth up to the door, and sniff and listen for any clues I can gather.

27. - Top - End - #477

Zoo doesn't detect anything special. The typical strange background smells of the Asylum, but nothing telling. Nothing heard, either. And the door doesn't appear trapped.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Dropping concentration on his spell, Zoo returns to human form. "I can't detect anything out of the ordinary. Seems clear to me."

29. - Top - End - #479

The door is opened. Dense, sour mist fills this spacious courtyard. Eddies in the fog create phantom shapes among shadows of bent trees and wilted foliage. There is no strange weather at this time, and in fact it is quite calm.

So, you have yet to enter the northern courtyard, but when you do, what is the plan?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can go first and follow my nose. I suggest we go south first and then work eastward."

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming there's no objections:
    Move action: Spend an SP to shapeshift into arm-dog.
    Move action: Step out the door and begin heading south.