New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Have all images been removed from the site?

Images i embed only load now if i already have them in my cache.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Have all images been removed from the site?

Imgur has disallowed all hotlinking from this site. If you want to embed, you'll need to find another hosting service that permits it.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ribblle View Post
    Images i embed only load now if i already have them in my cache.
    If having something already in your cache is the only way to see it, then the website is not properly loading images. If you are talking about images you are trying to embed that are hosted on imgur, imgur decided to block giantitp.com from being served (there is a thread about it somewhere that contains confirmation that imgur is purposefully blocking giantitp.com). Yes, this is annoying, but when photobucket did the same thing a year ago we all had to deal with it (though they were helpful enough to replace pictures with a sign that essentially said "stop linking to images on our site".)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    If having something already in your cache is the only way to see it, then the website is not properly loading images. If you are talking about images you are trying to embed that are hosted on imgur, imgur decided to block giantitp.com from being served (there is a thread about it somewhere that contains confirmation that imgur is purposefully blocking giantitp.com). Yes, this is annoying, but when photobucket did the same thing a year ago we all had to deal with it (though they were helpful enough to replace pictures with a sign that essentially said "stop linking to images on our site".)
    The thread.

The solution if you just want to see images.

There is a way to do this with photobucket images as well, but it's considerably more circuitous (another referral hack but you have to appear to be coming from the person's own profile since each user can still see their own albums).

If you want others to see images you are posting, you are out of luck with imgur. If you aren't using embedding for avatars then there are plenty of image hosts that might suit your needs both free and paid. If you are then it becomes paid only basically (avatars are considered forum elements and explicitly banned in TOS).

And not everyone dealt with photobucket... AT ALL. There are massive swathes of archival images just plain gone. Before photobucket it was imageshack which if you go back enough through the archives becomes noticeable REALLY quick. Particularly painful on Arts&Crafts and 3.5 Handbooks (the first because that WAS basically all of the board's content and the second because it goes in hand with the 3.5 forum link cemeteries).
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2018-07-13 at 03:15 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I learned how to have Dropbox host my avatar, courtesy of Randuir:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    It's been a while since I set it up, but it's the trick described here: https://milanaryal.com.np/hosting-im...-your-website/. Basically, you create a share link and edit it slightly so it shows the image, instead of linking to where the image is stored.
    Make certain to delete the "s" after "http" when you are renaming your link as part of Step 2.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season