Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 486
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Diamond has little to say. He watches the others silently.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "Lets see..." Liltish's eyes grow distant as she recounts what she has prepared for the day. She starts ticking them off with her fingers, "I can make something real slippery, I can make someone bigger than they should be, I can create a field of vapor that makes it difficult for others to see, I can fire a sticky substance that can be used in few different ways, and..." she searches her memory. "I can produce a small amount of acid." She clears her throat and looks around at the others. "Now that I say it out loud it would seem that I can mostly make various types of gooey liquids." A loud caw comes from raven perched atop her head, as if to emphasize her words. The sound is unpleasant in the confined spaces underground, seeming to reverberate off the walls. Liltish doesn't pay him any heed. "I can help with circumventing their hideout, but my knowledge after that is lacking. I am not the best of navigators, even without the sack over my head."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I have Grease, Obscuring Mist, Enlarge Person, and Adhesive Spittle as my 1st level spells. Several uses of acid dart if we want to count that.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    ”Whatever you are able to do, anything to give the demons a bad day helps. They destroyed my hometown! They destroyed my shop!”
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 5/2/7
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 7/7
    Effects:  None 
    Luna is curious about Emilie. "Can you elaborate some more? What can you make and move? Like, conjure an arrow and throw it at an enemy, that sort of things?"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-01-25 at 01:46 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    The mongrelmen lair, Liltish knows, held ten mongrel traitors and six cultists, when she arrived. They've come and gone. She knows it is in several levels, and most of the rooms slope.

    Emilie nods at Lunalesca. "I can conjure weapons, or lift small objects. Like your bags, or his sword" she nods at Horgus. "But not something like a person. Else I would have helped out a few days ago. But I could throw it hard enough to hurt."

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "Well, I am sure you will help immensely during out mission. Anything else we need to do before we head out? If not, let's not waste time." The cleric is ready to go.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Diamond follows Luna.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    The group moves on. They reach the entrance to the mongrel lair. Horgus carries a torch for the group. The barricades still stand. No mongrel guards in sight. The entrance proper is ajar.

    Over the sound of your steps, Hesper and Luna can sense presences ahead. Careless preparations. But they are aware of you as well.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2019-01-31 at 04:25 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Esper steps forth at the head of the group, shield in hand. Though she occasionally focuses her vision onto higher sensory planes - her eyes flashing red as she detects evil or keeps a deathwatch - her body is relaxed and limber as the party walks. While wariness has its merits, the day is long, and excessive tension only wears down the soul.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Diamond has his weapon already drawn, anticipating anything could appear at any moment. He is a jumpy dwarf and occasionally flinches when he thinks he sees something.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    At the whispered suggestions of Hesper and Luna, Esper slinks slowly forward before bursting into action, sprinting forward to and past the barricades. "Forgive me for this," she murmurs, before bringing the chieftain's mace out from behind her back and down into the shoulder of one of the mongrel guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    We got to 30' before combat begins, so move action to clear the other 30' and standard action to melee attack. Attack roll 25, Damage roll 10 (as per discord)

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Her rapier drawn, Hesper darts past the barricade as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hesper will flank Esper's target, if she can do so without putting her back to (an)other enem(y)(ies).
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 5/2/7
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 7/7
    Effects:  Bless 
    After waiting for her allies to move forward and engage the enemy, Luna blesses everyone!

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Move 20ft forward, ready action to Bless after her allies have engaged the enemy.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-02-07 at 04:52 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Horgus stands at the back with the torch. The two mongrels regain their footing, one heavily concussed, both missing their opportunity to strike, one swinging for Esper and missing, staggering to the side and out of the way of Anevia's arrow. The other sacrifices his opportunity to dodge a spear tossed by Emilie.

    Aravashinal chants a spell of summoning, but doesn't complete it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    14 to hit vs Esper, which misses, and a natural 1 at Hesper.
    Anevia and Emilie both miss.

    Also... Diamond gets a second Standard Action (I imagine he readied an action to shoot the enemy).

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    Horgus stands at the back with the torch. The two mongrels regain their footing, one heavily concussed, both missing their opportunity to strike, one swinging for Esper and missing, staggering to the side and out of the way of Anevia's arrow. The other sacrifices his opportunity to dodge a spear tossed by Emilie.

    Aravashinal chants a spell of summoning, but doesn't complete it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    14 to hit vs Esper, which misses, and a natural 1 at Hesper.
    Anevia and Emilie both miss.

    Also... Diamond gets a second Standard Action (I imagine he readied an action to shoot the enemy).


    Shooting the enemy, diamond immediately used a paper alchemical cartridge to fire again.

    Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22]
    (1d20+3)[14]

    (1d8)[3]
    (1d8)[6]
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 5/2/7
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 6/7
    Effects:  Bless 
    The cleric moves around the barricades to try to get a good shot at an enemy! "FIRE ARROW!"

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Move around cover/barricade to get a straight shot at an enemy with Fire Bolt domain power.
    Ranged Touch atk: [roll]1d20+4[/doll]
    Fire damage: (1d6)[1]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    rolling ranged ouch attack correctly: (1d20+4)[16]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-02-07 at 04:54 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Hesper moves to stab the guard in front of her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[7] Critical threat check (on 18-20): (1d20+4)[17] Damage: (2d6+1)[10] Critical damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Esper meets eyes with Hesper as she takes in the battlefield, lingering only briefly before stepping through an opening and attempting to land a good hit on one of the mongrelmen. The sides of her mouth curl into the slightest suggestion of a smile before she clamps it down and returns to a dour, focused expression.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step if necessary or practical, standard action to attack, move action not used for anything. As per Discord, attack roll 18 (or 20), damage roll 7.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    One of the mongrelmen falls to Esper's second attack. Diamond shoots two bullets in quick succession, injuring the remaining mongrelman, who stands. He tries to attack Esper, as Diamond is out of reach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    23 vs Esper in Discord
    (1d6+3)[5]


    Anevia puts an arrow through the last mongrelman, killing it. "Got it. Let's move on." she says, putting away her bow and picking her crutch from Emilie. Aravashinal completes his summoning, bringing forth an Earth Elemental. "Swim through the earth. Search the area and report any enemies to me" he instructs it.

    The next room has three doors. Due North, East and South. You know that the way to surface is ultimately due North. It leaves the possibility of being trapped.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    One of the mongrelmen falls to Esper's second attack. Diamond shoots two bullets in quick succession, injuring the remaining mongrelman, who stands. He tries to attack Esper, as Diamond is out of reach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    23 vs Esper in Discord
    [roll0]


    Anevia puts an arrow through the last mongrelman, killing it. "Got it. Let's move on." she says, putting away her bow and picking her crutch from Emilie. Aravashinal completes his summoning, bringing forth an Earth Elemental. "Swim through the earth. Search the area and report any enemies to me" he instructs it.

    The next room has three doors. Due North, East and South. You know that the way to surface is ultimately due North. It leaves the possibility of being trapped.
    "We have no time to lose. Let's go north."
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "I think we should head south. I don't want enemies coming up from behind us."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "South," says Hesper. "Getting stuck between groups of enemies here won't get us to the surface faster."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    The Southern door leads to a common room. There is a shaft to the lower level, accessed with a rope ladder, and a door that looks like a small closet. You hear animate discussion from the floor below.
    "We could strand them down there" Emilie says. "Pull up the ladder, and they can't intervene."
    "It would save their lives" Anevia agrees.
    "The degenerates deserve no better" Horgus voices his opinion. "They made their choice."

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "Would it? If they really can't get out, we would just have doomed them to cannibalism and starvation," Hesper strokes her chin. "If we tell Chief Sull they're stuck there, he can deal with them later, I suppose. Let's pull up the ladder."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "Sure, let's pull up the ladder. Even if there's another way out, at least it'll delay them. And if we have to, we can come back and fight them later. Divide and conquer is always smart."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Diamond whisper-shouted, ”Yes, so we all agree!”
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    You pull up the ladder. Nobody down below seems to notice.

    It's time to pick a new door.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    "Let's check the east door." Hesper heads over to it and inspects it briefly for traps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

    Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 5/2/7
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 6/7
    Effects:  Bless 
    "Yeah, let's go east." She helps Hesper look for traps, and also listens at the door for any sounds after casting a quick orison to boost her hearing.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    AID Hesper for a +2 to her perception check to search for traps.
    Cast Guidance. Listen at the door to try to detect whatever is on the other side: (1d20+11)[24]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •