New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

The memories came flooding back suddenly to the cleric. “Oh, so THAT’S the important event Nocticula probably wanted me here for. But what am I supposed to do? Whatever it is, I need to help these people first.” she thinks to herself.

Before leaving the initial area, she searches around for any sign of the silver dragon’s head. After all, it may have fallen in woh them. Or pieces of it perhaps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will do the shrine later, since Esper detected evil as soon as she remembered what happened.

Esper detects a Faint evil aura on Lunalesca.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-18 at 05:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

After some grumbling to Kreedic about being a dragon and not a gopher, Ylby retrieves the backpack from it's precarious spot. It seems to weigh her down a lot, but she manages to glide to the ground with it (her maximum for a light load is 11.5 lbs). As she does so, the sight of the tiny dragon flying upwards brings to the forefront the memories he had been trying to suppress: the last flight and subsequent death of Terendelev.

Mengkare the gold dragon had asked Kreedic to send his regards to Terendelev, but unfortunately he had been unable to locate her. He had been excited to meet another dragon, Ylby even more so, but before he could say a word she had been slain. The tiny dragon's extra sarcasm and impatience down in the cavern suddenly made more sense; she was grieving too. The murder of a dragon would not be tolerated.

Once Ylby returned, Kreedic hands off the arrows to Anevia at Esper's request, then sifts through the rest of the pack as they walk. He smiles at the sight of the trail rations; he hadn't worn his pack to the festival and was without his rations and cooking gear. Once the mundane gear is sorted through, he puts on the pack, leaving only the potions out as he examines them. Once he'd determined what they were with detect magic, he pockets one and hands the other to Luna, explaining that he believed it contained a rejuvenating spell called lesser restoration.

Upon reaching the campsite Ylby surreptitiously swipes the brooch, but does a poor job of it, earning an yet another eye-roll from Kreedic. "Finders Keepers!" she says telepathically, and a little defiantly. He responds in draconic. "Whatever you say, though you might have to give it up later."

Spoiler: Religion for the Shrine
    Show
    (1d20+1)[20]
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2018-07-18 at 08:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper was torn as what to do. Certainly it was odd that Luna was emitting a faint aura of evil, but she was channeling positive healing energy before, which is a paradox. No demon could do that unless they were good, and as far as she knew evil clerics channeled negative energy that harmed others and healed the undead.

'What should I do? If I point it out right now it could disperse what fragile trust and composure we have going on at the moment. Plus we have all these injured here we need to get to the surface and safety first. Even if she is evil, it may well be I have to worth with her for the greater good....plus the venerable silver dragon saved her as well it seems. Maybe Tev....maybe she saw good in Luna? Maybe I can redeem her!"

After some internal struggle Esper would find the best course of action to remain silent for the moment. At least until the party was in better shape or in clear safety.

"It seems we have stumbled upon a defiled temple to Torag. We must cleanse this place before moving on. I know we are in a hurry but I am duty bound."

Short, polite but matter of fact. The way Esper liked it.

~We cannot change how the dice roll, just how we play the game afterwards.~

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I agree" Aravashinal says. "The influence of evil must be fought no matter what form it takes. Perhaps this insidious corruption beneath Kenabres was the chink in its defences that allowed the attack?"
    "Here we go with another of your crazy theories." Horgus says. "Every moment spent here is a moment wasted. I say we move on."
    "Easy for you to say" Anevia interjects. "You made it out unscathed. I'm grateful for the healing you did, Luna, and if you want to press forward, we are able. But this looks like a safe place if we must remain here, provided that we can undo the corruption herein. I trust Aravashinal can help with that."
    "Well, I might have something in my notes" the elf starts, reaching for a book hanging at his waist before trailing off. "I'm sure it will work out. And I insist. We should listen to Esper."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

The aasimar agrees with Esper. “We should investigate. If nothing else, we want to make sure nothing can stab us in the back as we travel this road. If there is some sort of evil cult here. Perhaps if we capture one member alive, we can even learn a route to the surface.”

She is ready to investigate.

6. - Top - End - #36

Kreedic grimaces at the sickly light. "I know the symbol." He looks back and forth between the others as they converse about what to do about the shrine. "Aravashinal, now might be a good time to tell you that you can't see because you were blinded in the fall. Though you've probably figured that out by now... Sorry I didn't tell you before, I didn't want you to panic on us. I know this is presumptuous, but I was trained to be a wizard before I developed other talents. If you'll let me be your eyes I might be able to help you in figuring something out."

He turns to Horgus, the gruff man. "Questionable levels of moral responsibility aside, there's a decent chance we'll find a map or something less cooperative, like Luna said, that will help us navigate to the surface if we go and investigate. A shrine like this, this close to Kenabres is or was probably visited regularly by the dwarves in the city, and they'd have a way of getting back and forth from the surface.

Spoiler: Diplo-mancy on Horgus
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I did hazard a guess" Aravashinal says. He doesn't seem to mind being lied to. "It was prudent to get us moving. I'm syre that there is someone in Mendev that can sort me out"
    "Fine" Horgus says. "Let's go check it out. Can't wait to get going again."

As you enter the cavern, there is an odd ambient sound, some kind of buzzing that comes and goes. Anevia and Aravashinal hold the rear, Emilie and Horgus are before them, the man with his hand hovering near the hilt of a fancy and probably decorative sword.

You cross the small cavern to the front doors.

Spoiler: March order
    Show
    The NPC's will stay one room behind you.

Spoiler: Antechamber
    Show
    Inside the doors is a small antechamber, roughly square. On the far side, there are stone doors engraved with the hammer icon. On the right is a stone bench, covered in dust. On the left, you find a small stone pedestal, still filled with water.

Spoiler: Nave
    Show
    Old stone benches sit in rows before a dais holding an altar. Everything is quite dusty and unkempt. You also see a figure seated on the front row, equally dusty. Cloaked, their head bowed.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

frown Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 10/10 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/2/6
    Diplomacy/Bluff +9 | Knowledge Religion/History +6 | Knowledge Planes +8 | Perception +9 | 
    Effects:  None 
    The aasimar cleric, with her shield at the ready, walks close to the front. "Be on your guard. I don't like that buzzing noise. I mean, we saw maggots earlier. Who knows what monstrous blood-sucking flies their kind morphs into. Once inside the antechamber, she examines the water. "If a temple has been defiled, sometimes the water turns unholy." Regardless of the results, in the next room, upon seeing the cloaked figure seated at the front, Luna greets it.

"Hello there. Our apologies for interrupting any prayers you might be in. We are quite lost in these caves. May we trouble you to give us some directions?" She keeps her distance for now, but tries to see what she can glean about what this person is. Is it a dwarf?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Perception check to see the features of this person: (1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-23 at 01:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper's paladin instincts would kick in. At first her reaction was to rush up and check on the person for they might also be a survivor that made it this far and was close to death, but then the deflined nature of the shrine and the sickly-green slight gave her pause for what normal person would take rest in such a place...no this didn't sit right with her.

Using her birthright powers she'd activate her soul seer eyes to determine the condition of entity first. Soon she would instantly know whether the body was dead, fragile (alive and wounded, with 3 or fewer hit points left), fighting off death (alive with 4 or more hit points), healthy, undead, or neither alive nor dead (such as a construct).

Additionally she wasn't about to be caught off guard again so she had her shield and deities favored weapon; the scimitar, at the ready.

Spoiler: Character
    Show

Esper
    Female Lawful Good Tiefling (Demon-Spawn "Succubus") Paladin 1;
    HP 12/12, AC 19;
    Touch 11, Flat-footed 18,
    CMB +5, CMD 16;
    Init 1, Speed 30 ft.;
    Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 1;
    Base Attack Bonus +1;
    Scimitar +5 melee (1d6+4, 18-20 x2)
    Shortbow +2 ranged (1d6, x2)
    Lamellar (Leather) / Shield, heavy wooden
    Statistics
    Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 18
    Last edited by SpoonyMage; 2018-07-22 at 06:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    Diplomacy/Bluff +9 | Knowledge Religion/History +6 | Knowledge Planes +8 | Perception +9 | 

Luna noted that the basin still carries holy water, and shares this fact with the others. A good sign. She has 2 doses of her own, but refills are nice. Upon the cloaked figure's eyes becoming red, the creature's nature becomes clear. "Huecuva! Undead. Use magical or silver weapons. I want to try something. Please delay attacking."
    Show
    Asking those that have an initiative of higher than 11, to delay their actions.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-23 at 02:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Huecuva was not listening to Luna. It leaps off the bench and rounds to the central path. Glowing red eyes shine from beneath a hood and above a bushy and unkempt beard. Beneath the cloak are faded and torn vestments, and it wears a fine broken chain around its neck. It rushes Esper, thrusting it's clawed fingers at the Paladin

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14] Attack
    (1d4+1)[4] damage. Also, she's going to want a Fort save if she is hit.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca

Everything is happening fairly quickly. The undead's decision to attack the paladin instead of attacking Luna gives Luna the time to study a few important details.

Temple is well below-ground. Earthly domain of Torag, the Father of Creation.
    Huecuvas are created when cleric of high piety lose their faith and blaspheme their deity right before death.
    Remote location which is not in enemy territory, and undisturbed dust suggests this place was forgotten, or perhaps never known.
    Conjecture: Bitterness and loneliness are driving emotions.

The cleric reaches into her pack as she begins her long-shot ploy. In a clear voice, she begins, "Caretaker of this shrine, hear me! I understand your pain and your loneliness. I can see how you feel slighted and abandoned. You have worked so hard for this place yet this beautiful sanctuary lies empty and unused, and you lost your faith. I myself know very well about staying on the road even in the face of sparse or no evidence of progress or favor. It can be hard, but faith is not supposed to be easy. But despair not! It is not too late. I beseech you to cease your attacks and join us in rededicating this temple to Torag. In doing so, you rededicate yourself as well. After we are done, you can finally go Torag's forge in Heaven. I promise, I will make sure this waystation is known to dwarven-kind, and it will be a useful safe haven for travelers." She holds out to the huecuva the piece of chalk she just retrieved from her pack.

Show
    Use entire round to make speech on a hail mary.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-23 at 06:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lunalesca's words seem to reach the monster. It freezes, then seems to hesitate, stopping to listen. The malicious red glow of it's eyes flickers a little as Luna offers the chalk. For a moment, you can see intense self-loathing reflected in its eyes, before it lashes out at you with it's claw. It's attack is a far cry from the original charge, lacking purpose, and it doesn't immediately follow up. It seems to be struggling with itself.

Outside, the buzzing you heard initially intensifies. You see Anevia drop her crutch and draw her bow, nocking an arrow and loosing one towards the outside roof of the structure. Horgus gallantly takes Emilie to the antechamber, coincidentally placing himself in shelter. You see that he has not drawn his sword yet, merely clutches the hilt with white knuckles. "What is that?" he asks, spotting the Huecuva. Outside, you see that a giant fly-type monster lands on Anevia, trying to bite at her with its mouth-parts.

14. - Top - End - #44

Despite being intrigued that the defiler of the shrine would leave holy water in the pedestal, he continues onward. He was curious about the place; though born in the strongly, and sometimes even fanatically religious city of Kenabres, he'd lived most of his life in Hermea where religion was expressly forbidden. His curiosity turned to puzzlement as Luna attempted to converse with the obviously undead creature before them, then got walloped for her trouble.

"There's a time and a place for platitudes!" he yells in annoyance, crouching, and then throwing his weight behind a backhanded claw swipe meant to take the huecuva's head off.

(1d20+3)[5]
    (1d4+3)[6]

It's only then that he notices the fly. "Great, one injured damsel under attack from the maggot's mother, one (now injured) damsel too caught up in her ideals to make sure that when you convert someone you're first in a position of power!"

If attack hit: Five foot step towards Anevia
    If attack missed: Stay put

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OOC:

Creature is Helpless per discord, DMG rolled in discord.

IC:

Esper was shocked that Luna's tactic worked but this was due to her limited knowledge of undead and the fact that it understood her in the first place. Esper would make note to ask Luna everything she knew about this type of undead in order to learn more. Still the creature seemed to want death, it was asking for absolution and to be freed from it's torment. Maybe doing that and cleansing this temple would allow it salvation to return to his deities home.

Saying a pray to Sarenrae for the creatures redemption (thats what shes about) she'd drop her shield down and hold her scimitar with two hands to perform a Power Attackk Coup de Grace on the undead and smite while at it. It wasn't out of any sense of urgency really, no she was Smiting as to not have to strike the helpless creature more than once if she could avoid it. Even in it's undeath Esper wanted to spare it as much pain as possible while she provided a path to another existence, and hopefully it's salvation and redemption.

"I'll take care of this. Help the others out with the giant bug. I'll come with I can."

Spoiler: roller test
    Show
    [roll][1d6+8]x2[/roll]

Discord roll for DMG was 20 with the crit

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The huecuva simply sighs as it is slain in a single, clean blow.

Rung pushes past Emilie and Horgus, rushing outside and striking at the fly with her hammer and missing the nimble flyer. Anevia drops her bow and draws her sword, still trying to keep Aravashinal behind her. The elf grips her shoulder with one hand, holding his staff in the other. He lets go, gesturing and beginning to cast a spell. The woman stabs her sword through the fly's thorax, pushing at it, moving it before the hand Aravashinal extends over her shoulder. He concludes his spell, a bolt of green acid shooting from his hand and striking the head of the fly, which melts away into nothing, and it goes limp. Anevia, Horgus and Emilie just stare. Aravashinal is just happy the buzzing stopped.

The combat is over. The acid eats away more of the fly, sizzling for a few seconds before evaporating

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    knowledge (religion) can give you an idea for how to fix the shrine.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2018-07-24 at 11:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    Resources:  Channels 0/5

Lunalesca offers a reassuring smile to the huecuva, even as she feels a pang of sadness inside. She got through to the undead, but this is apparently the only solution. "It's ok, this shrine will be in good hands." Esper's single, clean, powerful stroke destroys the undead. At least it was quick.

She turns around, a confident look on her face even as her arm is bleeding. "All in a day's work! Now, let's go out and help the others." The cleric charges outside, arm outstretched and ready to deliver some fiery justice, only to find a pile of melting goo. "Oh, I guess you guys took care of the threat. Anevia, you're hurt again!" She gathers everyone, and channels her healing once again, multiple times. "We all need to rest and recover. This shrine has been secured, after I talked the undead that was inside into committing suicide."

Luna has a good idea of what she needs to do to reconsecrate this shrine to Torag, and she will do so after everyone is on board. She is prepared for the entitled noble to be...argumentative.
    Show
    Channel energy 3 times to heal everyone. If anyone else is still injured, she has two spells she can convert into Cure Light Wounds.
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-24 at 05:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Anevia, Aravashinal and Emilie gather around Luna to further recover. Once more, the healing light washes over them, sinking into their wounds which close. You can see the bite wound on Anevia's arm close and the burns on Emilie's arm and body peel off from more or less healthy skin newly restored beneath them. Aravashinal seems to be doing better, though magic like this cannot help with his obvious injuries.

As they enter the shrine proper, Anevia dallies at the entrance for a moment, clearing her eyes before properly entering.
    "That was really well done there" Horgus says, oozing with sarcasm.
    "I agree. An achievement to be sure" Aravashinal says, sincere. "I'm going to have to ask for some notes later."

"We should rest, yes" Anevia says.
    "Of course you would say that" Horgus replies. "We need to press on. You even got healed there!"
    "Of injuries she only just sustained" Emilie counters.
    "Details!" Horgus exclaims, exasperated. "We cannot dally here. Do you not remember what was going on before we ended up down here? We need to get there yesterday"
    "Getting there worn out and powerless serves no purpose" Aravashinal says. "Unless you are more interested in saving your wealth than the town"
    "Again with your theories, elf?"
    "We need to recover" Aravashinal says with finality.
    "Not that I don't agree" Emilie chips in, "But you could get a better attitude. Both of you"
    "Don't be too hard on him" Anevia says, stepping by Aravashinal. "He has been through a lot"
    "And I haven't?" Horgus exclaims. "We need to press on. We don't have time to rest and especially not reconsecrate some old shrine here where no-one will ever visit again!"
    "Big words from someone afraid to admit their own faith" Anevia accuses.

The argument seems set to go on for a while.

19. - Top - End - #49

Kreedic was ready to lay into the undead with both claws this time, but the creature inexplicably stopped moving, and Esper downed it with her scimitar. He didn't have much time to think about that though, because the buzzing was still going on outside. He wheels around and runs outside just in time to see Aravashinal literally melt the fly's face off. He frowns. "I need to learn some elemental magic like that." he thinks to himself.

As Anevia is pulled out from underneath the corpse and Luna begins healing, he takes mental inventory of the situation and what needs to be done: Alright, we sorted out the undead and the pest problem, though the shrine remains defiled. Probably some sort of longterm magical effect. We still don't know how to get to the surface, and contrary to my prior supposition this shrine doesn't seem to have been visited in awhile, judging by the dust on the Huecuva. He grits his teeth. That wasn't a good sign.

He follows the group inside as the argument starts up, and though he was originally intending to keep his observation to himself the situation seems to call for it. "Horgus, I'm afraid my initial hopes about this place were incorrect. You probably weren't able to see, but that huecuva was covered in dust, meaning there's a decent chance that no one has been through here for awhile. For better or worse, we may be stuck down here for a couple days, and this shrine is about as good of shelter as we can hope to find from things like that fly. If you're anxious to keep moving though, I'd like to scout around this place while the injured rest. You're welcome to come along; I may need you to use that sword of yours. Before that though... he turns to Luna. "You seem familiar with religious things," "even if your priorities about them are a little odd" he adds in his head, if a shrine like this kept travel maps or some other useful documents, where would they be?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper didn't feel this was the time for arguments and that they needed to be squashed. She doubted she even had the social presence to even calm their arguments or come up with some diplomatic solution. No, her skills and talents were better left elsewhere at the moment and that was using her knowledge to fix up the temple and cleanse it. Not only that but she'd do her best to bury the old dwarf as well in a respectful manner on top of cleansing the temple as well. She knew this was going to take a while but there was one thing that she agreed with, they were going to be down here several days. Still she'd say what she needed to say and get to work.

"Listen I know we are tired, injured and weary. We all have differing views of what we should do but I agree that we won't get out of here anytime soon. We could be down here days until we find a way out. That said, we had a fairly direct path here. I'm going to cleanse the temple and then backtrack and make sure we didn't miss any paths, or supplies of use. I am doing this because this temple will make for a good place to fall back and rest and I want to make sure nothing can come up from behind us. Tactically it's better to only have to guard on direction than two or more."

Instead of the back and fourth why don't you all say what we can do to assist here. I'm a paladin and as such have combat skills. Luna is a healer as we all well know and wise. Kreedic by the sounds of it is a practitioner of the arcane arts. Rung is a blacksmith and knows how to fight.

Aravashinal you are also a user of the arcane arts and seem quite knowledge. Your assistance in cleansing the temple would be welcome.

Anevia your leg is injured but you're skilled with the bow and obviously have some training in combat a well. You'd do well to protect the back and our healer while you assist Aravashinal in getting around.

Horgus you seem most vocal to keep pressing on. However from the look of it you are no fighter and no user of magic. You have a fine sword and a air about you, so you must be from noble birth or have great wealth from other means. That said I have no doubt you still have skills and talents that will be of great help. In my experience people of wealth are good at keeping track of things. Maybe you can go over our supplies, rummage back in the cave for things we might need after we can assure it's safe, keep track of things. It might seem small but every army has a quartermaster for a reason. (holding up her hand to pause any reply) I know we aren't an army, but I would say we are a unit at the very least.

Emilie, with your arm you are the must injured it seems and have not had time to voice who you are. Are you mage, merchant, house wife? Do you have any talents or skills that we can make use of while we get out of our situation?

Everyone here can be of use and is of use. Even a single grain of sand can change the scales after all."

With that Esper would get to work.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    Resources:  Channels 0/5

The aasimar shakes her head at all the arguing. She tries to settle it, especially directing her attention at Horgus. "Horgus, let's say we did hurry. Let's say we somehow managed to get back to the surface, and re-emerge onto the streets. What do you think is going to happen? We're in this situation...and we've suffered these INJURIES..." She gestures at the elf's lack-of-eyes as she says this. "...because there is a demon INVASION of Kenabres right now. Our greatest defender, Terendelev, is dead. We rush back out there, and I guarantee you we will be DINNER. And not your pretty little rapier, and not all of the gold in you vault will save you. We take it slow. We recover. Most importantly, we do not act impulsively. Do you understand? Everyone, let's calm down. We're all in this together."

She turns to Kreedic. "As far as maps and documents go, I'm not well versed in dwarven architechture, but this place isn't that big, and we've got many hours to search it. I doubt we'll find much though. Come, let's consecrate it. I think I know how to do that..."

Luna will lead the group in the consecration and dedicating ritual.
    Show

Diplomacy to calm down the situation and convince Horgus to stop complaining: (1d20+9)[11]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: OOC, Luna
    Show
    Your attempts at diplomacy do not really reduce the amount of complaints, only the volume.

You bunker down to rest, while Luna, Esper and eventually Horgus get to work cleansing the shrine. First thing to do is to clear away the dust and dirt of ages. After that is the more religious part. You wish to dedicate the shrine again to Torag, the Father of Creation, but none of you worship him. You do recall some rituals and how to enact them. The fell greenish glow eventually subsides, leaving the place darker. In that darkness, the altar glows with soft golden light, briefly, and there is a profound sense of safety that falls over the place.

By the time you are finished with cleaning and rituals, the others have had a good rest. Horgus has, in addition, searched the place and assembled what you have found thus far.

You've also eaten and drank, but there hasn't been fresh water here underground.

Do the ones cleansing the shrine want to take their rest as well?

Spoiler: Loots
    Show
    From the shrine, you have obtained two potions of Cure light wounds, as well as two vials worth of holy water, a masterwork warhammer, as well as a golden and ornate holy symbol of Torag, with a piece of broken chain.
    From the campsite, you obtained a filthy bedroll, candle stubs, 10 feet of rope, as well as a decorated copper brooch claimed by Ylby
    From the initial cave, you found a third potion of Cure Light wounds, two flasks of oil, 10 days of rations (of which your group would have consumed 8 at this stage), flint and steel, a set of caltrops, 12 arrows claimed by Anevia and a potion of Lesser Restoration given to Luna.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Luna is beat, and after spending her remaining spells to heal the blind wizard, she will try to get some rest. Perhaps 6 hours of sleep.

24. - Top - End - #54

Though the anxiousness to rededicate the shrine before scouting the area reinforces Kreedic's low opinion of some of the others' abilities to prioritize, the others do notice a crude broom bobbing about the place seemingly of it's own accord, slowly sweeping refuse out of the building. OOC: Prestidigitation

Meanwhile, Kreedic explores the exterior of the building, taking Horgus along if he's willing. He was pretty sure he could hold his own against one of those flies, especially with Ylby's sting to help if he got in trouble, but he saw no sense in risking one sneaking in while they were asleep. If those maggots were of the same species they were apparently carnivorous...

He doesn't find much, just some old mining tools, which makes him chuckle a little at dwarves incorrigible tendency to mine and dig, even here around their shrine, but as he thinks about it he realizes that the tools probably predate the shrine and were used to widen the cavern.

He comes back and sets the weird looking broom to running up and down corners for any remaining cobwebs, then comes over to look at what Horgus found. He hefts the warhammer. "Hmm, good balance, if a little crude compared to more elegant types of weapons." He sets it down and turns to Horgus. "Good work locating this stuff, even if we couldn't find a map. I've looked around outside and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous out there right now and we should be safe here for a bit. Ylby was eyeing the holy symbol, but a glance from Kreedic kept her in check. He frowned as he saw the rations, however. "I will say though, once everyone has rested up we should continue without stopping unless we manage to find some more aqueous and nutritious supplies..."

Once things slow down he makes his bed in one of the corners. He'd spurned soft beds for some time now; they just felt wrong to him, like the soft cushiness was making him soft too, sapping away his strength. Stone and earthen beds didn't feel quite right either, but were marginally better and so he didn't mind sleeping on the floor; it's what he had been doing anyway since he arrived in Kenabres.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper was ready for a good nights sleep after all the hard work they put in today. Even Horgas was of a lot of help, a fact she'd thank him for. She'd also thank everyone else for their efforts and help before volunteering to take the nights first watch. It was also now that she'd have time to think about things. Why was Luna displaying a evil aura but she herself was good. Esper with her paladin training knew enough to know that evil clerics use negative energy, not positive, but maybe it was possible to use the other after all?

"It would be unwise to confront her about this now given the fragile state of everyone. We must get out first, then I can confront her about it."

-----

Baring not issues the rest of the night Esper would wake up and search through her backpack. Setting up her cooking kit she'd make green tea and coffee for those who wanted it and have rations sent out to everyone. She'd use up all her clean water in the process but she vaguely remembered luna saying she could make more. Either way what tea people didn't drink she'd pour into her waterskin. When everyone was ready to move on she'd gather her gear and take the front, weapon and shield ready, suggesting that the small dragon act as a forward scout while we pressed forward.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hesper

You have been travelling for hours on end through narrow paths, through small chambers and long, winding caves, making your way to the surface. Quite recently, you entered a larger chamber through a narrow opening high on the wall. There you found first signs of life. Not a heartening sight at all in itself, rubble and ruins of bodies but for the fact that you recognize that these pieces are from Kenabres. From the surface. While your instinct still tells you that you are deep beneath the ground, you can see signs in this chamber that there were survivors. It still takes a long time, wandering through more winding passageways, to come across a small opening on the passage wall, containing a shrine to Torag

Others
    You are about rested and recovered

27. - Top - End - #57
    Colossus in the Playground

Hesper moves as close to silently as she can under the weight of her equipment toward the hole in the wall. She peers through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Checks are probably not really applicable here, since I know OOC who's on the other side, but just in case, Stealth check: (1d20+3)[5]
    Perception check: (1d20+5)[16]

28. - Top - End - #58

Kreedic awakes, and though he has no idea what time it is the growling in his stomach tells him it's time to go find a couple of bird's nests and poach (no pun intended) some eggs. It's only as his eyes settle on the carving of a hammer set into the wall that he remembers where he is: stuck underground in a dwarven shrine, hoping against hope that the city above both still existed and had a route to it.

He goes through a stretching routine to limber up, then drinks a bit of water (If no one has conjured some he'll try to sneak some of the holy water in the pedestal. Sure it's useful for it's holy properties but that's no reason to ignore it's hydrating ones, at least in his opinion.) This done, he gathers up the pack and the miscellaneous non magical items they've found (minus the nasty bedroll, who would want that?) and puts it on. He figures he's the strongest person there that isn't already wearing pounds of armor, so it makes sense for him to take it. As he's doing so though, there's a sharp thought, not his own, that enters his mind.

"Something's approaching from the outside!"

Immediately he hurdles the bench he was working at and runs to the door, where he sees... a dwarf. "By Apsu's scales, some dwarf actually came down to visit this place after all!" he says to himself, then he calls out. "Hey! No need to worry, the demons didn't quite make it down here. You must have come down from the surface! How are things up there? We have wounded, though stable people that need to get to a surgeon. You're probably anxious to check on the shrine, but could you lead us out?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Putting down her cup of tea and pulling out her shield and sword Esper would take up arms at the proclamation that a dwarf was down here by their friendly neighborhood dragon-touched. Activating her Detect Evil she'd approach the dwarf wearily.

"Kreedic step back. The dwarf might be a demon in disguise.

You. By what manner did you make it down to this place?"

If Esper didn't pick up any evil aura then she'd relax her stance a lot and sheath her weapon but would stand firm in wanting to know the answer to her question. It was important to know if there were other caves in's elsewhere where people may have lived so they could save others. It was equally important to her to know if they were close to an exit to the surface.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground

"Ah, hello!" Hesper says, assessing the strangers. "I'm not a demon. I fell down here when that really big one smashed the ground. Terendelev cast some spell that saved me from dying in the fall, but unless you can fly, you couldn't go out that way. Actually, I think it closed behind me even if you can. You said something about a shrine? Down here? How old is it?"
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-07-29 at 08:52 AM.