New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Brachial

Brachial shakes his head once and shrugs. [Hey Hotdog, can you see if you can raise Dr. Millen on the comm? He's the address we're going to.] he asks as he yanks open the first aid kit again and pulls out a biomonitor. He quickly sets to attaching it to the woman's wrist and sets it to scan her for any drugs. "Gatto, you ok enough to take a look at her?" he asks, glancing to the mage. "See if you can see anything?"

He turns back and nods to the woman. "We're taking you straight there now," he says. "Its whats in your contract, and we're raising him on the comm now. Stay with me though. Do you remember your name and birth date?"
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto turns, her eyes already slitted, and tries to examine the patient's aura without looking at the blood. ((It's not that she doesn't like blood, it's just that this particular blood made her dirty.))

After looking the patient up and down, she turns away. "She's not necessarily on drugs. She's not necessarily human either. I am getting a serious spirit vibe."
    Last edited by McSherrie; 2007-10-30 at 01:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

She's still crying, but does choke out, "Calla Wexler. February fourth, twenty fifty."

[Checking with Dispatch to connect with Dr. Milken....connecting...transmitting information.]
    There is a pause.
    [Frank, it is a private residence. You can land on the driveway, but are instructed to not get too close to the fountain. And I agree. It is apparently 5 meters tall. What do you need a 5 meter tall fountain for?]

Grunty's eyebrows both go up. "Did she just say her name is 'Wexler'?"

4. - Top - End - #274

AssassinGuy

Brachial

"That she did," Brachial says. "That part would explain the package," Brachial says. He shakes his head once. "No drugs in her system," he adds, glancing to Mig. "She was pretty severely beaten though."

He frowns slightly as he looks at her. "Stay with me," he says. [Have an ETA, Hotdog?]
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"You missed part of what I said, Brach. She's. Not. Human. She's. A. Spirit." Gatto continues checking her hands for spots, pointedly not looking at the patient.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

"That's bad, isn't it?" the elf asks.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"I would tend to think so, yes. And probably explains why she doesn't want to go to a hospital."

8. - Top - End - #278

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial frowns, looking towards Gatto. "You said 'not necessarily a human'," he says. "Spirit or not, she's not going to the hospital, she's going to the address in her contract," he says, with a shrug. "Unless you can tell me what to do to a spirit that's different, I can only act on what I know." He reaches into a bin over Calla and pulls out a wipe and begins scrubbing the blood from his hands.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Not my fault you didn't follow." Gatto shrugs. "I don't know that there is anything to do differently other than keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't do anything... Strange. If pilot boy Frank thinks that my little spells might mess with the technology, he should be in a cold sweat with a spirit on board in human form." Gatto continues to examine her hands, switching from slitted eyes to normal ones, trying to remember if there was anything odd about the blood that used to be there.

10. - Top - End - #280

AssassinGuy

Brachial smirks toward Gatto. "Chances are, YOU will be the one that will need to see if she's doing anything strange. We don't see like you do," he says, grinning towards her and winking. "If you're done grooming that is."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

As the discussion moves away from talking to Calla to talking about her, she starts making odd gasping and coughing noises, then passes out again.

11:09

The residence is an estate; a large estate with lots of tall trees and gardens around a mansion. The compound is surrounded by some kind of fence, though you can't get a look at the details from where you are. The drive that leads up from the gate takes a gentle bend on it's way to the house, then circles a large white fountain with some very tall statuary as part of it. The part of the drive near the house is lit up completely with bright white lights and four large men in black suits can be seen easily in contrast with the white marble of the front entry of the building. Two of them are clearly trolls, while the other two are human. There is also a woman in a maroon suit that looks miniature in comparison to the four men. They are all looking up, and watch the copter as Frank sets it down between the fountain and the building.

Grunty hauls the door open as the copter nears the ground. As soon as it touches down, the four men run over, but the woman stays on the steps into the building. The reach the copter quickly, and as a group. One of the trolls looks her over quickly while one of the humans looks all of you over. All four men are dressed the same, and they have that beefy 'security' look about them.

"Any idea what happened?" The troll asks this.
    "You got a minute so we can use your stretcher?" The human asks this.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just watches and then looks at Brachial, as if asking if he needs any help with moving the patient.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

13. - Top - End - #283

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial nods once to the men as reaches over the woman, releasing the catches holding the stretcher against the wall. "One of you Dr. Milken?" he asks, glancing back towards them. He moves around the end of the stretcher and begins maneuvering it towards the open door of the helecoptor. "Two gunshots, one to the shoulder and lower abdomen each. As well as multiple contusions to the head and body. Possible broken nose. Possible delirium, she was saying something about the spider flying, and a Marko being dead." He looks towards the men expectantly.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-11-03 at 02:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Human: "Doc's inside. Thanks."
    Troll: "Marko's dead? She said 'the spider flying'? Those exact words? Are you sure?" He seems very concerned about this, and waves to the woman in the suit, who comes running over, holding her hair down and ducking reflexively under the rotor.

The other three men slide the stretcher carefully out of the copter and start moving quickly into the house. The woman arrives as they start moving away. She isn't terribly attractive, but has a very competent air about her. At a guess, she's probably some kind of secretary. "What is it?"
    The troll looks pointedly at Brachial and sounds very serious. "Tell her exactly what the girl said." He then adds, almost as an afterthought, "Please."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto watches everything with slitted eyes, trying to pick out any other spirits from the crowd.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Halfling in the Playground

Frank

"[She looked human. I thought spirits tended to be pretty easy to spot; large gouts of fire and what not,]" Frank says as he prepares Kitty for lift off again once everything's sorted out here. He lets Brachiel or one of the others repeat what the girl said to the woman.

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial raises an eyebrow slightly. "Pretty much just what I said. 'The spider is flying' and to tell them Marko was dead," he replies, looking towards the woman. "Otherwise she just didn't want her parents to know, and said to call the doctor first. And that her nose felt funny," he adds, almost as an afterthought. "Beings that was most likely broken, it would."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman's eyes go wide, and she turns and runs back to the front door, looking a little undignified while running in her suit skirt and heels. She pauses only long enough to stop the men carrying the stretcher from closing the door behind themselves, then she darts inside.

The man watches her go with a mild frown. "Thanks. I'll get the stretcher back out to you asap." He turns to go, then turns back. "How much to keep your mouths shut? Will 300 each do it?"

19. - Top - End - #289

Frank

Frank turns and shakes his head at the man. "I've kept bigger secrets then the mumblings of a wounded woman before. As long as I'm not asked a direct question by law enforcement; you don't have to worry about me."

With his mention of law enforcement, Frank decides to see if Lone Star had heard about the assualt.

[Kitty: patch LS dispatch from Auburn to just me for now. If anything they say seems to be about our latest client patch it through to the others.]

20. - Top - End - #290

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial shrugs slightly. "It is up to you," he says to the man. "I doubt any of us make a habit of breaking privacy." He grins slightly, watching the man for a moment as they wait for the stretcher to return. "Tips are never expected or required," he adds. "We all just do our jobs to keep people alive."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lone Star feeds that Frank gets say nothing about any disturbances in any part of the park around Tapps. Every unit in Auburn is currently dealing with the bank hostage situation. Judging by the speed with which the messages are flying through his field of vision, and the content of them, the scene is a chaotic mess.

The troll frowns just a little. "I'll make it 500 then. Keeping this out of the blogs and newsfeeds is important to Mr. Wexler." Anyone who wishes it is transferred 500 nuyen. Once the transfer is done, he turns and starts for the door, only to find that one of the others is running back with the stretcher. The troll takes it from him, they exchange a few words, and he walks back quickly with the stretcher then hands it over. He nods once and slaps the floor of the copter twice before moving back quickly and heading inside the house.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just shrugs "I'm not turning down free money."

(Funny. Wouldn't have thought of blabbing out anything anyway. But heh, free money... wouldn't want to insult them by turning down their offer, eh ?)

Lycar

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Well that was even more strange than usual for us."

24. - Top - End - #294

AssassinGuy

Brachial chuckles as he grabs the stretcher and slides it near the wall. He pulls a bottle from a drawer not far from the fold down table and sprays the top of it down. "All just another perk of the job sometimes," he says with a grin. "Sometimes its cupcakes from the little old lady, sometimes its a cupcake from the rich old guy who's daughter didn't get hurt," he says with a slight shrug. He pulls a cloth towel from another drawer and wipes the stretcher clean. He deposits the rag in the same disposal the needle went into and begins folding the stretcher for storage. "So long as it comes after the job's done, its all ok." he adds.

25. - Top - End - #295

Frank

Once everyone seems ready to go, Frank lifts off and heads back to their usual waiting spot.

"[Seems things are getting even worse over at the bank since we've been away]," Frank announces as he makes it so everyone can hear the LS dispatches again.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

[I wonder if Lonestar cops get Doc Wagon contracts ?]

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-11-06 at 05:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

11:12

Frank lifts the copter back off the ground as Kitty starts broadcasting the feeds to everyone again. It'll take a good 7 minutes to get back across Renton and to the center of Auburn.

The Lone Star feeds are still utter chaos. It is difficult to get a picture of exactly what is going on, because most of the cop chatter is swearing and things of the ilk of 'holy frag, did you see that?'. The SWAT team has apparently gotten some snipers set up at this point, as they are calling in that they have no shots. Someone sounds ready to storm the place, and someone else keeps telling them to 'keep it in their pants' while they wait for a negotiator.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to On Call]

11:17

[Unit 1A13S: snipers call in]
    [Unit 1A01S: no shot]
    [Unit 1A04S: no shot]
    [Unit 1A06S: no sh- wait, i have a shot]
    [Unit 1A13S: do we have authorization?]
    [unit 1A09S: no shot]
    [LSDispatch: negotiator still in traffic refer to ground command]
    [Unit 2A78G: take the shot]
    [Unit 1A06S: taking the shot]

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]

Kitty cuts the Lone Star Feeds. The orange dot appears in the middle of the chaos. It is definitely not in the street, and is quite likely inside the bank building. You are still about 2 minutes out at top speed.

Condition serious - 10:00

28. - Top - End - #298

Frank

"[Well boys and girls, this is going to be fun isn't it? I'll start talking with the LS; see if we can get authorization to pick up our client.]"

[Kitty: patch me through to Lone Star dispatch.]

Frank waits a second while Kitty sets it up.

[Outgoing Message to Lone Star Dispatch]
    [This is the DocWagon aerial unit assigned to the Auburn district. We have a client in the middle of the hostage situation at Mercer and Highland. Can I talk to the officer in charge to request landing and extraction privileges?]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Incoming Message from Lone Star Dispatch]
    [LSDispatch: request acknowledged one moment]
    (pause)
    [LSDispatch: re-routing]
    [Incoming Message from Lone Star Ground Unit]
    [Unit 2A78G: which one is your client?]

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Brachial

[Some do have contracts. Apparently they've cut back to higher risk positions with it though, gang squads, SWAT and the like.] he replies to Grunty. He watches the map for a moment and drops his face into his hand. "Lovely," he says, sighing loudly.