New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Frank does put into the parking lot. Once they touch down he sends a signal to open the door for the others to get the client out.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial glances at the divider map and raises his eyebrow. [Anyone get a ID on that?] he asks curiously.

Brachial leans out the door, looking up at the clinic for a moment, chuckling softly. "Hey, we didn't crash this time," he says as he leans back in and moves back to the patient. He checks over him again as he transmits.

[Clinic, this is DocWagon-Kitty. We have a patient to drop off with you fine folks. Multiple abrasions, about 10 broken bones by my count as well as a skull fracture. The patient has been stabilized, but is still in critical condition. We'll be bringing him in just a moment.]

Spoiler
    Show
    This is of course if there weren't any ambulances IN the ambulance area that we just caught with our tail. I'll edit if there were. >.>
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-26 at 03:25 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Frank sets the copter down neatly with no impacts or damage to anything. The ambulance area is empty at the moment. Aside from Kitty's tail, anyway.

[Good timing. We're nearly empty, so sit tight. We'll have someone out in a few seconds to collect him.]

As promised, only about three seconds pass before a pair of men come running out of the double doors with a stretcher. Both are dressed in crisp white uniforms. One is an ork, completely bald, and the other is a fairly large human with short black hair.

The ork is the one that speaks in a light tenor voice. "Hi there. You got a contract number for me?" They assist with getting the client out of the copter and onto their own stretcher.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just helps Brachial and the orderlies with the patient as needed.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

5. - Top - End - #125

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial assists in transfering the patient to the stretcher. "34S71993H21M1," he recites as they gently strap him to the stretcher. "Allergic to tree nuts as well," he adds, nodding to the pair.

He stands up, watching the two orderlies secure the patient and complete the transfer, a slight grin on his face. "Tell him sorry about the hair, but it was that or let his skull rattle," he says, waving towards the rubberized cap he had sprayed onto the man's head. "You need anything else?" he asks.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

9:20pm

The ork nods and helps his fellow employee as they take the man away. Both chuckle a little about the hair comment, then the ork says, "Nope, s'all good. Hope we don't see ya again tonight." They cart the guy inside with a moderate amount of haste.

[Incoming message form Dispatch]
    [Status Change: Kitty to On Call]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory receives the message and remarks "Job's done, back to waiting for action.".

Leaning back in the seat after buckling up again, he closes his eyes for a few moments, as if remembering something.

Lycar

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko/Mig

Shifting in her seat as the bird takes off again, Mig asks the veterans, "How can we improve on our tactics?"
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. - Top - End - #129

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly, tapping the divider a couple times before moving back to the fold down table and straightening it back up. [Good to go, we're back on duty,] he sends as he works.

He folds the table back into the wall and turns back, grinning slightly as the chopper takes back off. [We did relatively well overall. Force was used, but not overly much in my opinion. We have to be careful though, they could have been there to try to help,] he says, shrugging slightly. [I'm not foolish enough to say that was necessarily the case, but we did fire first.] He shrugs slightly as he moves to the wall of drawers. [I'm not passing judgement though, you all did good,] he says as he begins replaces supplies in the first aide kit. [Especially for newbies,] he adds, grinning slightly.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-27 at 01:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory grunts "Heh, sorry, old habits. Wait for them to start something next time, got it."

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #131

Frank

Frank lifts off and immediatly starts heading back to the point where they had been waiting before the call had come in. He just listens as the others discuss tactics; not adding anything at the moment.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Well, You can always read the manual for the stretcher. Kitty should have it somewhere." Gatto winks at Mig, making it obvious that she is only joking. "Other than that, you all did pretty well. Just keep your eyes open. And remember, the gangers don't always give up that easily."

13. - Top - End - #133

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly and shrugs. "No bodies, no foul," he says aloud to Grunt. "Beats having them get in the way," he adds, fitting the first aid kit back into its storage location and sitting down in his seat. "Just be careful is all," he says. He relaxes into the seat, not bothering with the harness for now. [How're you all feeling?] he asks, looking towards Mig and Grunt, then glancing up towards the front of the chopper.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory just shrugs and subvocalizes back, smirking [I'm fine. That was just a skirmish at best. Not that i complain if that's the worst we ever get.].

He pauses a moment before adding [Perhaps you should show us where all the equipment is stowed though. Saves time.]

Lycar

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lone Star feeds continue to be constant, but there is a lot of reporting of 404s, 021s, and coffee breaks. Seems like maybe it's going to be a relatively quiet night.

10:31

A bright orange flashing dot appears on the map with the following:
    Condition serious – 10:00:00
    The dot is practically underneath you already, less than 1 km to the south, probably in the residential neighborhood over that way.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-01 at 07:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial sits up, looking at the map. "Convienent," he says as he pushes himself into the seat and pulls the harness over his shoulder. "Once more into the breach, dear friends," he says, grinning slightly. "To think there's only four and a half more hours to save people, we are blessed." He smiles, bracing himself for the short flight to the client. [Everyone ready for round two?]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Ready], Grunty replies via comlink. He does start to insert the magazines into his assault rifle again.

(Residential area. Accident maybe.)

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Ding ding ding." Gatto's eyes go slitted again as she begins to perceive in the direction of the blip.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

The elf woman watches the map as they approach, her pistols still holstered. "It is better, then, to let them fire first if there are any hostiles in the area?" she asks the group in all seriousness.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

20. - Top - End - #140

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial grins slightly. "Just double check all targets," he says with a slight shrug. "You didn't do bad last time," he adds, smiling to Mig. "Just remember we have a lot of clients out there. Keep the current client safe."

He shrugs slightly and shakes his head, knowing he wasn't coming across clearly. "I just don't want to have to patch up extra people if we can avoid it," he says with a smile.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

10:32
    Condition serious - 9:12:07

The floor goes transparent again, and you see all buildings that are uniform in shape, style, and size. The area is residential, but there is an empty lot in the middle of the sea of housing. The lot has a broken concrete foundation, and there is rubble of various sorts scattered about, including a couple of partial walls and what could be pieces of plastic furniture. Judging by the size of the surrounding buildings, it must actually be two lots. One of the lots abuts an alleyway.

More important at the moment is that there is a grey-blue van in the lot that seems to be moving back out of the lot. There are also three people in the lot, facing towards the alley, two people climbing up fire escape ladders of adjacent buildings, and four other people coming down the alley. They are clearly two sides of some sort of conflict, as the muzzle flashes of gunfire are obvious, even if the sounds of their weapons don't reach all the way to 100m up.

The three people who seem to be 'defending' the lot are all dressed in camouflage armor. The person who is clearly the orange dot is on the ground, but crawling a little bit to get behind the cover of a partially intact something - barrel, maybe - and although it is not completely clear which side he is on, it is probably the defending team, judging by the fact that the three other defenders are not aiming or shooting anywhere near him.

The other men are all in plain black clothing. It is impossible to tell exactly what kind of clothing from here, but given that they seem to be participating in a firefight, it is highly likely to be armored in some fashion. There is a second van parked on the street behind the houses, where the men in black may have come from. It is certainly large enough to have held all of them, and it is plain white, unmarked.

Map
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-02 at 09:48 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko/Mig

[Hey, hotdog,] she says into the comms, picking up on Brachial's nickname for the pilot, [you going to be able to land this thing, or do we need to get ready to rappel down?]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory/Grunty

Taking in the tactical situation with a frown, Gregory eventually shrugs and grunts "Machienegunners don't do rappeling.. oh well, always a first time for everything."

After a few more moments he adds [Suggest we pop some smoke there on our client's position and try to haul him out without drawing fire.], looking between the others for consent and/or suggestions.

Lycar

24. - Top - End - #144

Frank

"[I'm going to land in the middle of the lot with the door facing the client. It'll provide some cover while the client is being loaded if the guys in the alley decide to retaliate.]"

As the chopper starts to get close to landing, Frank will announce to the area, "This is DocWagon. We are here only for our client. We are authorized and willing to respond to any hostile actions taken towards us or the client with lethal force." As he announces that he sends a command to the side door to open, so that Mig or Grunty can throw a smoke grenade or rappel down at their discretion.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty unstraps himself and gets up. "Right, so where's the rappeling gear ? Or would you rather i do what i'm best at and just keep ready to spray everything with covering fire ?"

After a moment, a thought strikes him and he asks [Hey Hotdog ? Can you get the chopper down there ? This thing is armoured against small arms fire and that seems to be all these guys have. Put it between our parcel and the shooters and we ought to have a easy extraction maybe ?]

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-10-02 at 04:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto supresses a chuckle, then turns to the more serious matter at hand. [As long as you stay between us and the hostiles, it should all be good, pilot boy Frank. And, Grunty, I think we'd all prefer not to have to run through smoke to get the paying customer out. If you really need a cigar, blow it the other way. Towards the guys who will be shooting at us.]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

10:32
    Condition serious - 8:51:23

The copter drops into the middle of the firefight. The defending team backs out of the way, towards the buildings and the client. The three of them keep shooting at the black-clad men. As you get closer you can see that one of the camo team is actually a woman with short black hair. The other two are men, and all three (humans) look to be loaded with gear for just about anything. One of them has a black briefcase that he is holding onto tightly.

The black team is clearly all men, and one of them lobs in a grenade just as the copter gets close enough that you could start hopping out without risking hurting yourselves (from the fall, anyway). Gunshots ting off of Kitty's armor plating. They clearly seem undeterred by your presence, and more than happy to involve you all in the battle.

The van backs out into the street, swerving to go around Kitty's tail and heading towards the camo team - not away from the fight.

{
    Let's switch to declaring a round at a time now, shall we?
    The grenade will go off shortly - it looks like it will probably hit the building, though if it has a timer instead of an impact fuse, who knows when and where it will actually go off.
    }

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty grunts "Dont'cha just love a hot LZ.." as he fires up his reflex boost and prepares to jump out of the chopper, as soon as it's down low enough.

Lycar

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko/Mig

As the copter descends, Mig straps herself into the rappelling gear, secures herself to the interior and tips herself out of the door so she's hanging upside-down, half-in, and half-out of the helicopter. She pulls both pistols and starts to fire, picking targets from among the opposition, attempting to disable, not kill.

(Buying the successes to quick-draw and fire in the same action, firing one pistol each simple action, 16 dice. Head shots for one pistol (gel rounds), and leg shots with the other (regular rounds). She'll continue this for each round until the grenade goes off or the opposition breaks and runs.)

30. - Top - End - #150

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial grabs the first aide kit and prepares for the chopper to land, staring at the ground out side the door.