New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Gatto looks at Brachial with an eyebrow arched. "Which one of the five TREES? Because that is all I really see down there. Should I cast a Magic Missle at the dark now?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial glances back to Gatto. "What? And miss a chance to set them on fire?" he asks with a grin to the mage. [Go ahead and shine the light down there, Hotdog,] Brachial adds through the commlink. "And I thought cats could see in the dark," he adds, looking back downward.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory just grunts and goes through the motions of loading his tool of the trade again. [All i see is a pretty clusterf**k down there. If this is where our client is, it's pretty clear who's the bitch.]

Activating his wired reflexes with a thought, Gregory makes up his mind to add. [So suppression fire is out while they are still on top of the cargo and gassing them means we have to choke on the stuff too. We need gas masks... time for a sniper if you ask me.]

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #244

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial grins slightly and looks towards Gatto as he pulls his seat harness back over his shoulder. "You think you could send a little confusion into them down there?" he asks. [We could come in hard, see how many we blow over as Gatto plays games with their heads,] he says, looking to the others for their opinions.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto squints and slits her eyes again, trying to find something to aim her Chaotic World at. ((Once she spots the auras, she'll cast Chaotic World into the center of the figures in order to hit as many as possible.))"There's your light show. I even threw in a few catnip mice, lucky bastards."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

10:57
    Condition serious - 7:26:14

As the copter descends, the spotlight in the nose comes on and roves around a little until it finds the group of five figures. For just a moment, it looks like four of them are holding and beating the crap out of the fifth, but then the fifth one falls face first, as if he was shoved forward. The other four clearly pull out guns and start shooting.

As everyone can see where the people are now, a dazzling light display erupts around the group. The one lying on the ground puts his (or her, hard to really tell) hands up to his head, covering his ears. As you get closer, it seems pretty clear that your client is the one lying on the ground.

The first barrage of automatic gunfire hits the belly of the copter, and everyone inside is treated to the sight of bullets impacting right under their feet.

Frank announces your presence through the speakers as he brings Kitty down between the trees just south of the group, and to the left of the large tree there. "This is DocWagon. We are authorized to use lethal force to extract our client. Do not interfere." Kitty's tail is over the water.

As if in response to that, or maybe it's Gatto's spell, the gunfire ceases and two of the four men grab up the person lying on the ground. Looks like they mean to run for it with your client.

You are now 40m off the ground, and practically right on top of them. They are maybe 5 meters away laterally, with the door on the side of the copter away from them.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Once the group can be seen, Mig springs into action, repeating her stunt from last time, clipped into the rappelling gear and hanging out the door, aiming under the belly of the chopper. She starts to shoot at the ones dragging their client away, aiming to wound, not kill.

(Targetted shots. To the head of one of the baddies with the gel rounds and to the leg of the other with the real bullets.)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition serious - 7:23:55

Grunty pulls the door open for Mig as he gets the hint of what she's doing. She starts shooting as the copter keeps heading straight down. The leg shot misses, but the head shot thumps onto the other man's cheek, which whips his head a little with the impact. He drops the person they're dragging, and swings his gun around as Mig keeps firing. He just shoots a couple of bursts at the copter generally, none of the bullets coming closer than a half meter to hitting Mig. He starts walking backwards, apparently covering everyone else's retreat.

Three of the other four men are moving towards the cars. The other one, the one that was helping drag the client away, lets go of him and pulls his own gun. Instead of shooting at the copter, though, he pops two into the client and starts backing off as quickly as he can go backwards.

The orange dot on the map flashes and the text changes to:

Condition critical - 7:22:01

Grunty hops out of the copter as it gets close to the ground and starts shooting along with Mig, though he isn't taking nearly as much care with aiming as she is. One bullet grazes the arm of the guy who took the gel round to the head.

The five men are all in retreat, though two are walking backwards and shooting. The other three are well on their way to the cars.

9. - Top - End - #249

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial frowns slightly, reaching down and releases the safety catch on his Predator as he watches the gunfire bounce off the underside of Kitty. "Lovely... This way guys, TO the chopper would make our lives easier," he mutters as he shakes his head.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition critical - 7:17:48

The client is not moving. Mig keeps shooting, as does Grunty, but the men are in full retreat mode now and they stop firing back. All four are now running for the two cars and guns aren't even pointed in the direction of the copter or the team. Grunty hits one guy's clothes a couple fo times, but the bullets don't seem to slow him down. Mig's shots go wide by probably a millimeter each time, with one shot that goes far enough to scratch the paint on one of the cars.

With the apparent bad guys in full retreat and no longer firing back, Grunty double-times it up to the client. He takes one look at the person on the ground then shouts back, "She's fragged!"

11. - Top - End - #251

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial curses loudly and dashes from the chopper towards the client, sliding to his knees and trusting Mig and Grunty to keep him covered. He peers at her for a moment as he yanks open the first aide kit and begins working on her. "Not tonight, lady," he say.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman has shoulder-length brown hair and is wearing jeans and a white t-shirt that says 'Save a virgin' in large green script letters across her breasts, then just below it in smaller print 'do me instead'. She is probably pretty, but right now she has a split lip, her nose is swollen (possibly broken), and the rest of her face is bruised and bloody. The t-shirt is stained with blood and has two holes in it, one in her left shoulder and one on the left side just above her waistline. Both holes are drenched in blood, which is still flowing quite freely from each wound. She is not wearing any jewelry and is barefoot.

Grunty and Mig take a few more shots as the men get into the cars and both cars roar into life.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to Transport]
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-24 at 08:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto climbs out of the coptor and goes to offer help with the woman. "I know you won't let me cauterize her wounds, Brachial, but she looks bad. What can I do?"

14. - Top - End - #254

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly at Gatto as he works. He slips his hand gently under the woman, feeling for exit wounds of the bullets, then immediately pulls out a gause bandages and applies pressure to the wounds gently. "Hold those," he says, waiting til Gatto applies pressure before moving to the woman's mouth and putting his ear next to it, pressing slightly down on her chest to force her to exhale and listening.

[Get the stretcher, and keep that bird running, Hotdog.] he says over the commlinks as he pulls out a syringe and yanks its cap off and injects the woman. [We're going to 12 Krystal Drive, Bellevue once she's on board, and we need to go as fast as we can. She's allergic to silver, so anyone near her keep anything made of it away please,]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

Mig slips herself free of the harness and retrieves the stretcher from its cupboard. Wary of the treacherous device she doesn't try to open it herself, however she does run it out to Brachial as fast as she can move.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

10:58

In a very short period of time, Brachial has done all he can do without digging out bullets (no exit wounds) and performing actual surgery. As he listens for her to breathe, she apparently wakes up, because she starts screaming. Right into his ear.

The two cars squeal their tires, moving quickly away from the location.

17. - Top - End - #257

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial curses loudly, leaning back away from the woman. "RELAX," he says, making an attempt to hold her still. "We're with DocWagon, you've been shot twice and beaten," he says, looking into the woman's face.

"Help hold her still," he says, looking towards the stretcher with disatisfaction. "And we need that open."

If Mig moves to hold her down, he will open the stretcher and prep it to put the woman on it, otherwise he will do his best to hold her still and wait for someone to open the stretcher impatiently.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Mig moves to hold the woman down, laying on top of her if she has to. "That thing's cursed or something. You open it."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Not cursed, just picky." Gatto continues to apply pressure while looking anywhere but at her hands. If anyone looks, there is a slightly panicked look in her eyes.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

11pm

The screaming eases into a pained whimpering interspersed with sobs coming at hyperventilation speed. Brachial opens out the stretcher with a deft flick of both wrists and sets it down next to the woman. It takes all four of you to get her onto the stretcher, and she cries out again, more than once, during the process. With keeping pressure on the wounds, it still takes everyone to get the stretcher to the copter and it seems best to just leave her on the stretcher when you set her down on the patient bed. There are convenient clips that can be pulled out from the wall to attach to the stretcher and keep it from sliding off.

At this point, the client is mostly just crying and trying to put her hands up to her face.

Frank gets the copter moving as soon as everyone is inside, not waiting for the door to shut.

Brachial, Gatto, and Mig have a fair amount of blood on their hands and arms.

21. - Top - End - #261

AssassinGuy

Brachial

[We're on,] Brachial comms as he glances back, making sure everyone's inside the chopper. He turns back to the patient, leaning over her face. "Ok, can you understand me?" he asks, pulling the light from his pocket and gently holding open each of her eyes and shining the light to check her pupils. "You're hurt but we're on the way to the doc's," he says in his best soothing voice. "Do you know what happened to you?" he asks. "Or who you are?"
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-29 at 04:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto stands and stares at her hands. She begins to hyperventilate herself, then mutters under breath, "Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirtydirtydirty!" Her eyes get wider as her breathing gets faster, then she manages to get the clean spell out. Once she is spotless, she straps herself into her chair and twitches quietly to herself.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

Knowing it's not the smartest thing to do, but unable to keep her mouth shut, Ritsuko says to Gatto, "You missed a spot," she says, touching her own nose. She continues to help hold the woman down as Brachial speaks to her.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto's eyes go wide again and her breathing speeds up. She jumps up from the chair, casting the clean spell again on herself then on the chair. Finally, she reaches into a pocket near her chair and pulls out a small mirror. Feeling reassured that she is now clean, she sighs and sits back down, her legs curled up under her. "Thanks for that, Mig."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"Anytime," she replies, unable to entirely suppress her smile. She seems quite unconcerned, at least for the moment, about the blood on her.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunty pulls the door shut as the copter goes upwards, slowly for a few meters, then zooming straight up for a a few seconds before starting to move northwards. [Estimated distance to that Bellevue location is 37km. That'll take us 8, maybe 9 minutes. Do we have that long? There's a full service hospital less than a minute away.]

The woman focuses on Brachial's face, calming down a little bit and nodding, but she is obviously in a lot of pain and each word is punctuated by a sharp intake of breath. Sobs and sniffles are liberally interspersed with the words, also. "Calla. I'm Calla. Am I going to die?"

27. - Top - End - #267

AssassinGuy

Brachial

[Negative, she has a specific dropoff in her contract. Super Platinum lady here, so get there as quick as you can,] Brachial responds to Frank. He smiles and shakes his head in response to the woman. "No, not today," he says as he pulls open a drawer and pulls out new gause and applies it to the bullet wounds. "I know you're in a lot of pain, and believe it or not that's a good thing. It means your alive, and are going to stay that way if we have anything to say about it. The doctors can give you pain relievers once they're sure nothing I can't see is wrong." he tosses the bloody gause into a refuse container and moves back to near her head. "I want you to do me a favor, even if it hurts. Make a fist with both hands, and wiggle your feet for me, ok?" He looks her her, then looks down to make sure she can move everything, but stops her from moving her body at all.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

11:05

Calla's hands make loose fists, then her toes twitch a little. "Dr. Milken. Dr. Milken. You have to call him first. He's- you have to call him first." She has lost eye contact with Brachial and is looking around wildly now. "Don't tell my dad. Please don't tell my dad. Please, please, please. My nose feels funny. The spider is flying." She reaches up and grabs Brachial's arm tightly, fixing him with an unsettlingly intense gaze. "The spider is flying! You have to tell them. Marko's dead." She lets go and closes her eyes, starting to cry again.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"I would like to state for the record that there were no spiders involved in my spell." Gatto sounds almost coherant in comparison to the patient.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

"Is she on something?"