New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Browser with Cookie Exceptions on Android?

On PC, I have set my browser to accept cookies, and then delete them when I close the program. I have added some exceptions, like this forum, so some cookies are stored for future use.

I can't find such an option on android. I have installed Firefox, which does let me choose to delete cookies when I exit the browser, but does not seem to have a list of exceptions to allow me to keep some cookies.

Am I missing something in Firefox mobile? Or is there a different browser with this functionality out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Browser with Cookie Exceptions on Android?

There doesn't seem to be an option for that in Firefox mobile. You can disable 3rd party cookies, which prevents Site A (which you visited) from making a cookie for Site B (which you did not visit.) This is a method that sites use to track what other sites you've been to. Most other cookies are quite benign.

There might be an add-on that implements a cookie whitelist/blacklist.

Alternatively, you could use private browsing for those sites that you don't want cookies from.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    On PC, I have set my browser to accept cookies, and then delete them when I close the program. I have added some exceptions, like this forum, so some cookies are stored for future use.

I can't find such an option on android. I have installed Firefox, which does let me choose to delete cookies when I exit the browser, but does not seem to have a list of exceptions to allow me to keep some cookies.

Am I missing something in Firefox mobile? Or is there a different browser with this functionality out there?
    Such option exists for FIREFOX MOBILE as well:

- Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) and select Settings (you may need to tap More first) .
    - Tap Privacy and put a check mark next to Clear private data on exit.
    - In the pop-up window, select the types of information that you'd like to delete each time you quit Firefox, then tap Set.

the downside is that you do have to go to the menu (which you can access by tapping the menu icon) and hit quit every time, otherwise it will stay in background (and not closing, thus not deleting anything).

AFAIK it's not possible with CHROME: you can't even do that using third party apps, on a non-rooted device at least, since they would need to have access to Chrome's data directory, which isn't allowed with the standard permission set.

If I were you, I would either use CHROME in INCOGNITO MODE or use Maxthon Web Browser, which is a "indie" browser that allows you to surf the Internet without saving the chronology.
    Last edited by Darkseal; 2018-08-06 at 01:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hi Darkseal, I can't find a way to add websites as exceptions that way. I have found a Firefox add on that might do the trick, but it isn't exactly user friendly, and I am struggling with it. https://addons.mozilla.org/it/androi...ookie-manager/
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).