The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Marlick Bay

Sekhmet finishes off her wine and relaxes. "It'd be nice if the storm ended. I should've been home a while ago."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Necromancer’s Plague Dig

Well, that’s something. This chapel looks clean. Krayger takes a quick look around for any other passages or chambers that more undead could be hiding in. If not he doesn’t feel the need to stay here.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #813
    Orc in the Playground

Necromancer's Plague Dig

The altar can be pushed aside to reveal a pit underneath the building, with holes where a ladder used to be. Probably some kind of crypt or other burial chamber, maybe a hiding place in the event of trouble, but either way there's a sense of peace and tranquillity this close to the altar. The church is still consecrated, though it might just be the altar or the book upon it retaining the holy power, as the calm doesn't extend to the temple's door.

Other than that, there's nothing here but the book and some fragments of coloured glass and lead from the long-vanished windows.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

[Necromancer’s Plague Dig]

Krayger doesn’t generally ransack altars, so the hidden passage goes undisturbed. With all the undead destroyed and the artifacts taken, Krayger leaves the chapel. Assuming the nymph hasn’t killed the mage Krayger can take him back to his “employer” for his pay.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay

Benedict smiles. "I have a room upstairs, if you don't mind entering the rooms of people you have just met. My manservant is already in my chamber. He is trustworthy, and not as scary as he looks." I'm not sure if Zophiel was in the room when Benedict and his mask-wearing manservant entered the tavern, but if he was then the man's glowing red eyes, the ease with which he carried Benedict's luggage, and the bronze mask bolted to his face might suggest something very sinister.

Necromancer's Plague Dig

The river-nymph hasn't killed him, but he is awake. He's also unable to move as his arms and legs are tightly bound in water plants and only his face is above the water- and even that's not all the time, as the nymph either bobs him under by tugging the water-weeds, or causing ripples and small waves to close over his face. He blubbers helplessly every time she does, but she looks a little annoyed as well. "He's better at death-magic than I thought. Or he's got some tricky doodad on him. He doesn't need to breathe; all that blubbering is for show. I could still claim him; nobody can fight a river at full power. But it's the wrong season. My waters are low, my powers ebbing. It'd take more effort to drown him than he's worth." Also doesn't help that she's spent a few days trapped by metal whilst her water is polluted with the essence of death and the magic of disease. "You can have him. I'm claiming this, as my reparations for his actions." A jack pike, small and young with brownish-green scales and a long mouth filled with vicious teeth, darts forward and bites the side of the necromancer's head, ripping off his left ear and the associated jewellery before swimming more sedately to the nymph, giving her the severed feature so she can remove the jewellery. Krayger could stop the pike on its return journey, if he desired.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

I believe the paladin arrived shortly after Benedict did. Benedict was already in the town when the storm hit, right? Zophiel wasn't, and had to run here. And, besides, when Zophiel asked for a room, all the private rooms were already sold out. Presumably, Benedict got the last one.

Of course, Zophiel doesn't find anything suspicious. He's probably too preoccupied by all the other suspicious things around the town. And, besides, probably the most suspicious thing about the manservant is the fact that Benedict needs another bodyguard besides it.

"It's fine," he says. "I don't have any problem with that."

He'll, of course, follow to the room. Meanwhile, he'll try to continue the conversation and maybe help crack some of the mystery: "Were you in town when the storm started? It was very sudden and unusual, which makes me wonder if there's something strange going on here." He, of course, doesn't volunteer any of the things he suspects about Neptune, the sea's appearance, the storm's nature, and so on.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-09-10 at 10:48 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #817

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Anika and Blanche in... The Moon Well of Mysteries]

It has taken most of the day but finally they can see the island Anika apparently was talking about. "There it is! At the horizon!" Unlike all those other islands at the horizon they've caught glimpses of course.
    But this one is peculiar as if Anika's vague one-handed gesturing is correct then they're going towards and island with a huge freaking mountain on it. What kind of mountain, well, depends on how much Blanche knows about geography. It might become important here.

Either way, Blanche will spot a floating sign reading "PRIVATE PROPERTY OF THE VENTURE FOUNDATION. NO TRESPASSING."
    It might take a second or two for Anika to get a reply as somehow, despite the constant sun (or perhaps because of it) Blanche has managed to take a quick catnap. Leaning up with ears perked, she pulls herself up and joins her companion at the front of the boat.

”Damn, this place isn’t volcanic is it?” She wasn’t a geographic expert, but she knew enough about how islands were formed to know it was a possibility. Somehow, it excited more than worried her - could this moon well also be a hot spring?

The sign, though, that did worry her.

“...Hey, is the Venture Foundation something we should be concerned about? I mean, I’d imagine we would get in a whole heap of trouble if we made a scandal by trespassing. Doesn’t help VIGIL’s image.” A part of her knows they should turn back, but a combination of peer pressure and the sunk cost of most of a day leaves her seeking justification instead.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "I hadn't really considered merfolk," Janda admits. "Or... submarines."
    Wouldn't a secret submarine be less likely to smash into a reef?
    They have sonar and stuff!
    And reefs are notoriously shallow. That's what makes them reefs.
    Maybe it was a wrecked submarine full of gold shells?
    Or maybe there's some weird underwater critter that likes coating shells in gold?
    Heck, there are fresh water bacteria that make little shells out of gold. Maybe that's how the shell got coated? Some sort of bacterial mat? Sadly there are too few biologists here. Just a bunch of wet adventurers and some merchants.
    "I'm mostly just hoping this storm ends soon so I can get back to speaking with the shop owners around town," Janda admits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Sekhmet finishes off her wine and relaxes. "It'd be nice if the storm ended. I should've been home a while ago."
    Well, if they were being too secretive for active sonar, and in a storm...
    Anything could have happened, is the point.

"Yeah, I'd like to keep moving too. But I mean, the weather is the weather." No sense complaining about the storm.
    Except of course the fact that the weather isn't natural at all.
    "We should just be glad we have this inn to rest in during it all."

Seems she's just waiting for now.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-09-11 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #819

Anika shrugs. "Eh, got no clue who they are but I mean if your guns got teleported away, you should be allowed to get them back, right? I mean, obviously I can't bring the wells back but I should at least be able to check up on them. My people built them after all so I'm just being, uh, patrotic and stuff." She raises a finger. "Not to mention helping VIGIL out. Who knows what these venturers might be doing to the well after all?"

She turns to look up at the looming volcano in the distance. "Besides, I've never visited a volcano before. You sure that's one though? Aren't they always, uh, smoking?" She gestures vaguely at its smokelessness.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Amusement Beach

Natalie nods and goes down with Karasu, waving at Asher.

She blushes at Ari's words, and smiles. "Um, hi Ari. It's a pleasure to meet you. Uh, how do you two know each other?" Her interest has been piqued, and she's curious. She'd also like to get to the park, but a little chat won't slow them much.
    Amusement Beach

Karasu and Aradhya immediately share a look as that question is asked, the latter inquiring as to how much she should reveal with her eyes alone, and the former basically telling her to be vague, all without saying a word. However, Ari being rather foolhardy, and still so full of gratitude for Karasu's rescue of her, decides she can get away with a few puns in the process. She wasn't as grateful as she could have been to the ninja girl when they met, having been focused more on survival.

"Karasu happened upon me in Skyside and helped me out of a bind. We slowly got to know each other on the way back here. I told my boss what you did for me, and so you both have earned a free day of rides and beach stay, as well as a discount on food items." She looks around and leans in. "That discount might extend to future stays." She gazes at Karasu gratefully, wishing she could say more. With one more glance at Natalie, she decides 'screw it'. "Thank you for that day, Karasu."

The other girl just clears her throat and nods. "A-hem... thank you, Ari, and your boss. We're headed to the park." She says, ready to bolt before Ari says more than she should.
    Avvie by yours truly.

You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Swetlana

11. - Top - End - #821

Blanche seems skeptical of Anika’s flawless logic, but something shifts as soon as she utters that word. Patriotic. The justification makes her visibly uncomfortable, though she doesn’t voice the feeling. ”Well, lets just hope you’re stealthier than your height lets on,” she attempts to jest, gaze flitting down and up with a motion of the hand.

The volcano question earns a tilt of the head as she struggles to recall information she last used in elementary school. ”Could be. Islands happen because of those things erupting undersea, and I don’t know how else you end up with mountains on em. They run out of magma sometimes too, so it could just be dormant.”
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”

Show
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

12. - Top - End - #822

"They run out of magma?" Anika laughs at that. "Weird." She gestures for Blanche to take the steering rod. "But girl, I am the best at stealth. Take this for a moment and I'll show you."

Assuming Blanche does take the rod, Anika stands up in the boat and suddenly stands completely still which actually is harder than it looks considering that they're on a moving boat. It takes her a while to find a good position and then she just disappears. As if turning into thin air.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[Necromancer’s Plague Dig]

Krayger does nothing to stop the nymph. It’s only fair after he imprisoned her in something he suspects was anathema to her. Besides, he’s likely to die soon anyway.
    ”I’ve stopped the dig and dismantled his minions. You should have no more problems from this spot for a while. Good day.” And then he’s off to deliver his prisoner to his employer. He doesn’t expect it will be pleasant for him.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

The evening should continue much like this. Opportunity to converse as the storm relentlessly hammers the small town.

As the night wears on, patrons will move to their private rooms and sleeping mats will be rolled out in the commons.

Thankfully the roof doesn't leak, at least. But the sounds of the driving rain may make sleep difficult.

Or maybe not. Some people sleep better when it rains, right?

Surely it will be a completely unremarkable night.

Right?

Because this is just a normal, sleepy seaside town without any nefarious things going on.

((Feel free to round up conversations, we'll move things along to act two!))
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Marlick Bay

As the night goes on, Sekhmet prepares to sleep in the common room. She can't afford a room for herself, and she settles down to sleep in her clothes. Thankfully, they're comfortable enough.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #826

Stepping forward to take the wheel, Blanche turns to watch as Anika stands before her, entirely clueless of what she's up to... until all of a sudden, the taller woman vanishes into thin air. She blinks, eyebrows arching in surprise. Not exactly the sort of magic she expected to see from a brash and vibrant druid like her.

"Damn, that's way better than what I've got going for me," she comments, visibly impressed. Her armor might blend into the background, but it's only really effective at a distance; Anika would have little trouble spotting her at this distance, as does the weaker blending of the cerise plating layered on to reinforce it. "So, like, how does that work? Do you have to stay as still as possible to keep yourself hidden?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #827

The druid giggles as she suddenly appears again at the same spot. "Yep!" A beat. "Well, kinda. You have to stand absolutely still or it just peters out which is easier said than done. It's more forgiving at night though where I can at least pick my nose without turning visible. That happened once by the way, boy was that awkward." She laughs again. "Though that's something all my people can do. Kinda like how you got cat-skills or how humans are badass."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-17 at 02:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828

Anika and Blanche in... The Moon Well of Mysteries

Anika’s example earns an amused huff. ”Hey, I wouldn’t sell it short. Sometimes a couple seconds is all you need, y’know?” Not that Blanche has ever really been in scenarios where she could have taken advantage of it. Maybe a couple of times when she was trying to slip through a couple Ascendancy-friendly regions, but there wasn’t much opportunity for games of cat and mouse during a firefight. “Certainly puts my ears to shame.”

Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    The evening should continue much like this. Opportunity to converse as the storm relentlessly hammers the small town.
    As the night wears on, patrons will move to their private rooms and sleeping mats will be rolled out in the commons.
    Thankfully the roof doesn't leak, at least. But the sounds of the driving rain may make sleep difficult.
    Or maybe not. Some people sleep better when it rains, right?
    Surely it will be a completely unremarkable night.
    Right?
    Because this is just a normal, sleepy seaside town without any nefarious things going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    As the night goes on, Sekhmet prepares to sleep in the common room. She can't afford a room for herself, and she settles down to sleep in her clothes. Thankfully, they're comfortable enough.
    Anchor eventually says her goodbyes to the other two at the fire and gets ready for bed.
    She's a little nervous having all these people around, but what is she going to do? Hike away and camp in the storm? No. Just conjure a set of pajamas, put a bunch of wards around her cot, and go to sleep with her sunglasses still on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #830

"Don't forget your tail!" Anika exclaims. "But you gotta have more than that. Like... infravision? Cat-reflexes? Nine lives? Retractable claws?" She taps her chin. "But I mean, if you're essentially human, they're pretty badass. I've always thought of you as human honestly."

They're getting closer now. They can see the beach some distance away and unlike most islands around these parts it actually looks inviting. No cliffs or other obstacles. Just a perfect line of white beaches.

21. - Top - End - #831

Blanche's ears wilt a little, glancing away awkwardly. "No, not really, actually. I've got some good reflexes and my eyes are damn sharp, but that's about it." Though she certainly could have nine lives; Blanche never tried testing that one out. There might be a bit of Cheshire Cat in there though, judging from the subdued little smirk Anika earns next.

"But uh, reminders of how I lost the genetic lottery aside, it's reassuring to know I don't need things like those to impress you. Kinda hard to feel like a badass when you can't sit down through barbecues and horror films." Jumpscares are a real bitch when you've got both sharp ears and reflexes.

Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

"Yes." Lannefear agrees, though does not seem particularly pleased with the outcome. "Though this only means I need to study it further. Just... one more time. Something a bit more complex. Jump up and down."

TTN will have the same feeling, a mild complusion which could be resisted if she tired hard enough. If she had been low on energy power it might have been difficult perhaps but right now she feels completely refreshed."
    Operation Sea Slug

"How high?"
    Titania asks, flexing her knees slightly but stopping herself from jumping. It was an old military joke to ask that perhaps, but maybe Lannafear will be amused a bit by it. The simple command she'd felt comfortable with following unresisting, but something in the tone of Lannefear's voice and demeanor held her back this time around. Maybe she'd misjudged the lich's goals by this test? "I admit, the first command was very surprising and felt...weird, but having expected this one and knowing how it felt, perhaps I am more acclimated to it? I can feel it tugging at my mind and body, wanting me to just jump without question. In a way, it is... more than a little frightening to feel such an influence upon me."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Orc in the Playground

Marlick Bay- Benedict's Room

Benedict's room is clearly the best in the inn, with fine furniture and a door to a servant's quarters. Currently sat at the foot of the bed is an unnaturally tall figure, wearing a smart tailored black suit and top hat, with leather riding gloves and a polished brass mask, featureless save for two glowing red eye-holes, sat on a large chest. The figure is a corpse, reanimated by the addition of a demon trapped within its dead flesh, which has twisted and warped the body as it made itself comfortable. The possessed cadaver stares at Zophiel, tilting its head. It doesn't attack, since Benedict seems unconcerned by the paladin's presence.

"I was nearby. This wasn't my planned destination, but it has what I required. This rain is unusual; it had not occurred to me that it might not be natural, however. An interesting theory. You may sleep in the servant's chamber, if you require it." He doesn't investigate the theory, however, or not obviously so. He should be capable of it, however, if he's able to force a demon into a dead body and bind it successfully.

Amusement Beach

Natalie doesn't quite connect the dots, but does frown at Karasu a little. "Skyside's dangerous, Karasu. I hope you have a back up in case things go wrong." Natalie can't stop Karasu going to the city, nor does she want to know when her girlfriend makes the trip. But she does want to make sure that Karasu's got a plan in case something goes wrong, and she finds herself either captured or dead.

She wonders what Ari was doing in the flying city, but if she was in a situation that needed Karasu's help, she might not have gone there deliberately.

Return to the Peaceful Bay

The necromancer is dragged to the bay, where he and Krayger are met by the sea-nymph. The river-nymph follows along, but she doesn't stray into the estuary. She can't stray far from the fresh water.

"Ah, you return! And the water flowing into my bay is cleaner already. Who's this you bring to me? He stinks of death, and I don't like him." She smiles and walks forward, her feet sinking into the sand up to her ankles yet she leaves no footprints behind her.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Peaceful Bay

Krayger drops the man to the beach and shrugs.
    ”This is the man who poisoned your waters, desecrated a graveyard, and tried to lie to me about it. I offer him to you, if you seek reparations.” he says flatly. He’s honestly not sure why he’s bothering with this. It’s entirely likely the nymph’s Justice will not be even.

25. - Top - End - #835

[Marlick Bay - Benedict's Room]

A corpse possessed by a demon? That's...
    The paladin eyes it, but fortunately the corpse-demon doesn't seem hostile. As long as it's not actively trying to harm anyone, there's no point in souring his relationship with this man and freeing the demon from its life. "From what I've seen, there's definitely something going on. However, so long as the storm doesn't get worse, I believe everything will be fine." That's the only two options, right? Either it gets worse or it doesn't.

He decides to ignore the cadaver, and turns his gaze back to Benedict. "My daughter will probably worry if I don't return downstairs, especially since I already paid for lodging in the common area. I'll need to at least tell here where to find me if something happens." So, it sounds like he'll probably be okay with sleeping in this servant's chamber? But first he'll need to leave the room for a bit.

But before that happens, he decides to discuss the minor details of employment - payment, what's expected, work hours, etc.
    "I assume there will be more to do in the morning, right? and many other necessary questions.

In the interest of keeping things moving and to keep separate scenes from stagnating while waiting

If there's time after discussing things out with Benedict, Zophiel will return down to inform Anchor of the bodyguarding, what room he'll be in, that he'll probably be sleeping up there, what will be expected of him, and will return the borrowed gold coins with a 'thanks'. And then I guess they'll be able to make plans to discuss more about it, and the state of the storm, whatever else they want to talk about, and whatnot in the morning especially because there's really nothing else they can do right now about the storm or the town or anything else.

Then, of course, afterwards he'll return upstairs to servant's chamber adjacent to Benedict's and let everyone sleep.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-09-23 at 08:34 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #836

Operation Sea Slug

It takes a moment for Lannefear to react as she doesn't seem to get the joke, but once its clear that Titania isn't jumping the result seem to really excite the lich. "Ha! I knew it!" She gestures gestures for something and a tiny imp-like creature suddenly appears next to her, handing her a ancient-looking notebook. But as Lannefear reaches to grab it, it essentially crumbles into dust. "Oh." The lich remarks she watches as the remains of the notebook seeps in-between her skeletal fingers.
    But she won't let that setback deter her however and raise her finger. "I'll just make a demon note of how the Tetra subject displays mental resistance unseen in other subjects then."
    The imp-creature mumbles something in reply and nods affirmatively.
    "Now as promised we're going to see your friends again. Just don't worry about the mental commands, I don't have any reasons to control you. You're now one of a kind, golem-gal and I see greatness awaiting you." Gesturing for Titania to follow, the lich seem to be heading out of the bunker once more.

"Hey, humans are badass since they're small and agile but not too small, like gnomes or goblins. They're kinda like sin'dorei, but tougher." A beat. "Uh, think me but a lot shorter and wimpier." Anika tries to indicate someone around Blanche's height with her hand. "Anyway, you've been badass when it has actually counted so far and I don't see that suddenly changing." She gestures out towards the seemingly growing island. "Look, we're almost there. We're going to simply find the moon well, mark the island on the map, take a bath, and then go home. Simple, right?"

27. - Top - End - #837
    Orc in the Playground

Peaceful Bay

"I don't know what some of those words mean. But thank you, I appreciate the offer." The sea-nymph smiles, as a massive hand made of sand forms and rises from the beach, the large fingers closing around the necromancer and bearing him into the bay. More wet sand slithers up her legs and is absorbed into her body, making her taller so she can reach over and kiss Krayger. She's looking odd, though; she's added height, but nothing else, so she looks a bit stretched and inhuman.

Her kiss is supernatural, as she's a nymph; the magic of the land in humanoid form. The kiss should trigger Krayger's gender-switch, as she's linked to both with the sea and the moon. It should also give Kray a limited ability to breathe in salt water for a few minutes.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Bay]

Krayger opens his mouth to say something, but the kiss silences him. He's not really used to people just doing that. He immediately feels a strong, peculiar feeling; an unmistakable one that has him open his mouth to protest. But before he can say anything he's been replaced by his counterpart. It's a relatively fast change that leaves Kray no worse for wear, save being short a few buttons from her trousers. She really needs to invest in size-changing seams.
    Kray folds her arms under her chest. She's clearly not worried about her state of dress in front of the nymph, but she can't remember if she packed spare clothes...
    "You've ruined another set of my pants." she says irritably, trying to adjust them to a more comfortable fit. It's not working.

29. - Top - End - #839

“But not as tough as you folks, eh?” Blanche questions a little playfully. Having grown up in a setting where the closest thing they had to races were different combos of genetic modifications, these very specific descriptions always amused her. That reassurance does a bit more for her mood, however; though she doesn’t remark upon it, Blanche does seem to perk up.

”Sounds like a plan.” The catgirl nods as she answers, tone turning a bit more businesslike. There doesn’t seem to be a trace of the doubt or reservations she had previously; maybe it’s just that facade of professionalism she likes to put on, but one does have to wonder if those compliments helped too.

Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

Peaceful Bay

"So take them off. It's not like anyone's around to see. Just me and the river." She speaks then, naming the river-nymph with a sound like fast-flowing water over rocks, one Kray likely can't mimic. She also absorbs a bit more sand to bulk her own frame out, so she isn't as stretched and inhuman. "So, do you want pearls or the suns and moons?" Meaning the coins from a shipwreck off the coast, in silver and gold.

Marlick Bay- Benedict's Room

"Of course, of course. Let your daughter know. I simply want an extra bodyguard for the next few days. I may be followed by some enemies of mine, and I would rather them not succeed in killing me. They are rival relic-hunters, seeking to steal some of my recent acquisitions." Or possibly unhappy villagers, seeking the return of some artefacts stolen from their community.