New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

[A Secluded Beach]

Bubbles or no, Alexaion is laughing now.

Why wouldn't he?

"Hehe, sorry, you totally walked into that one,"
    he laughs whilst poking at the bubble in a vain attempt to dislodge it.

It's got to go away eventually, right?

...hopefully being a girly pink dragon isn't contagious. He's already weird enough as it stands.

Regardless!

He begins hiking up the trail leading away from the beach. It's pretty steep, but someone was nice enough to bury (admittedly precarious) wooden stares into the path. Still beats scrambling up a hillside covered in scree, though.

"So... what do you do, exactly? Just normal highschool stuff? Except normal highschool stuff while being a pink furry dragon?" he asks.

He's trying to gauge how 'normal' this place he ended up in is.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Secluded Beach]

Too late, Alexaion. You’re already infected with fluffdragon. The corruption has already spread over your entire head- wait no that’s your hair.
    The bubble pops by itself after about half a minute.

Gara tries the stairs but decides she has to go human for those. She had totally slid down the hill on the way here.
    ”Well I used to go to a super normal high school but then it got eaten by faeries and my best friend got turned into a kumiho and I almost got turned into a nacken or a naiad or something. So now she goes to a school run by the foxes at the Temple of Inari and I got in to help her. It’s pretty normal except most of our classmates are varying kinds of foxpeople.” Grant explains.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #633

[A Secluded Beach]

At leas the bubble didn't turn his hair pink. Blond hair is relatively easy to dye after all.

"Well, if there are gods and dragons here I guess faeries and fox-people aren't too out of place," Alexaion reasons.

Oof.

This is a lot of stairs.

At first they're flanked with sandy bluffs and grey clay with the occasional flower growing out of it, but eventually the trail levels out a bit. Wooden handrails flank the trail now, grey and weathered by sea wind. Thick berry bushes cover the hillside, heavy with blossoms. It isn't QUITE berry season yet. But maybe give it a few more months?

Our heroes will soon meet a family of Klingons coming in the other direction, the children fighting with each other loudly the whole way.

"Okay, seriously, why is this place so weird?" Alexaion asks once they're out of earshot.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Secluded Beach]

Grant drops off the garbage bag into a nearby receptacle.
    ”You have a mouth growing out of your butt. That eats metal. And you’re complaining that people with rubbery foreheads are too weird for you?”
    Way to be insensitive Alexaion. What’s going to happen when you meet someone as weird as you?

5. - Top - End - #635

[A Secluded Beach]

"Yeah, but eidolons are real," Alexaion objects. "Klingons are from star trek."

A beat.

"Wait, this place isn't some kind of awful crossover mashup, is it?"

Oh geeze.

That would horrible.

Or really great?

Kind of depends on the sorts of crossovers we're talking about.

"...are digimon a real thing here, too?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-05-14 at 12:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Secluded Beach]

Grant looks at Alexaion. Well. It sounds like he’s never played Monster Hunter.
    Grant sure won’t now.

Then he seems to be...making a video call on speaker-phone?
    ”Hello? Grant! How’s the champ doing?” answers a blue Dinosaur with a helmet and digital camo.
    ”Hey Private. How’s it hanging? You find your partner yet?”
    ”No. I haven’t...felt It yet. But what did you need?”
    ”Oh I have a Code NN whom I thought would want to talk to you.”
    ”Aaaaah. Say no more. Put ‘em on.”
    Grant grins and turns the phone and its camera to Alexaion.

7. - Top - End - #637

[A Secluded Beach]

Well.

Of all the things Alexaion expected, this is probably the thing he expected the least.

"Uh..."

He's feeling pretty dumbfounded right now.

Can this be real?

He already concluded that something about the procedure hurled him elsewhere.

So is this really that weird?

Yes.

The answer is yes.

"Is... I always wondered. Do your names all end in .mon because it's your file extension?"

Stupid. That was a stupid thing to ask.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Secluded Beach]

Private seems to stop and think.
    ”Well no one really calls me Commandramon. Everyone calls me Private. But I think .mon is my file extension. It changes sometimes, you know how it is.” He probably doesn’t.
    ”But I mean, my netnavi buddies are all -Man but they’re .exe’s so really I don’t think it matters?” Oh boy, those are a thing too.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Operation Sea Slug]

Will gulps. He can hardly look away with those ice cold beacons staring down into his soul. Hopefully not literally.
    ”I would assume she meant human feminine, not gnoll feminine, ma’am. Though I’m sure anyone would be lucky to look like you.” he says, slipping into flattery as that gaze continues to stare down at him. Darn it, why does she have to be so intimidating? Though he isn’t lying either. If she looked anything like Sargrera, she was probably huge. Will did notice the size increase between his leader and the male gnolls in the party.
    ”Human women are -generally- a little smaller than our men and are wider in some places and smaller in others? Um, I don’t know if Tammy is a good example but I think goblins are closer to my people than yours. You seem to be pretty experienced I’m sure you’ve seen a picture of us at some point.
    And uh, knightly means she wants to look noble and strong, shiny and armored.
    Oh and I’m her commander not her owner. She’s no slave.”

Will’s hand gestures probably aren’t helping in this case given the size. This was so much easier when Jinn just took this information out of his mind. Though in hindsight that should have been a serious red flag. Maybe he didn’t do that at all and just lied about it. Will never got that shiny new body did he?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

"I said feminine, NOT human. Being small would be a di-di-disaster as I am made for combat."
    TTN points out firmly. She did NOT want to be small, let alone smaller than Will. "In this co-co-context, I would say it is meant to be more streamlined and gr-gr-graceful instead of bulky and blocky. But I will settle for wh-wh-what I can get or whatever you are wi-wi-willing to provide."
    [Operation Sea Slug]

The lich first looks at Will and then back at TTN. "Why do I even bother asking?" She giggles in a very gnollish manner. "Don't worry though, I have a solution in mind."
    Slowly getting up, TTN can hear the ancient gnolls bones creak as she moves. Even with magic holding them together the lich's body sounds like an old house settling. "I'll leave you with some company and perhaps we can see about undoing that curse once I get back. Feel free to ask her anything."

Then she starts descending down into the bunker once again, ignoring all potential protests.
    However, no sooner is she gone before a the succubi demon appears in her place, now in her gnoll-form and dressed up in a maid outfit that would have been too risque to describe on the forum with a new black collar around her neck. She crosses her arm over her chest and let's out a deep sigh. "Oh go ahead, mock and laugh. The sinccubi is dressed up as a sinccubi. If my sister could see me now..." She shakes her head. "This is all your fault you know. If you had only heeded my warning we wouldn't be in this mess."

TTN will be lead down into the bunker once again, the lich humming a cheerful tune. "Oh, did I even introduce myself?" She slaps her bone-y forehead. "I am Lannereth Fenodora, philanthropist, warlock and eternal servant of the eternal empire, at your service madame golem."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-05-24 at 04:15 AM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

Will watches them go with some reservations, but he’s not in a position to argue.
    He does get some morbid amusement out of the demon. He doesn’t laugh at her. But he is happy to see her upset after what she said about TTN. Though really he wishes he didn’t have to look at such an up-scaled...that right now.
    ”I thought ‘bi was plural? You have this weird idea that I had a hand in deciding any of this. Yell at the boss if you’re so annoyed.” He gestures at the other crew members, assuming Sargrera is in there somewhere.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

"And I am Tango-Tango-November, or Titania if you prefer. I am a Bolo, sentient ta-ta-tank and guardian of a different empire."
    TTN explains, choosing to pick her words carefully. "An empire that no longer seems to ex-ex-exist or be around here, so I have found myself a Charge to protect. As much as Will calls himself my Co-Co-Commander, I must admit that his orders do not bear the full weight of a true military one. I ask that you please do not hold it against him though. He simply needs to find his pl-pl-place in the world." She explains gently.

"What wi-wi-will be done to repair me?"
    She asks. She doesn't sound nervous at least.

12. - Top - End - #642

Operation Sea Slug

The gnoll-demon grunts and rubs her forehead. "Grammar? Really?" She shakes her head and gives him a tired look. "And of course you didn't have a hand, that would require a will, or a spine." Pretty sure that wasn't a pun. "You're the kind of person that just go with whatever everyone else does, a good little boy." The demon smiles, almost like she is about to laugh but something is holding her back and she quickly goes back to looking bitter.

"Uh, I don't think you should talk to her. She's just insulting you Will, its pointless." Tammy sticks out her tongue. "All mean, not nice at all." As opposed to her imp? "We should find the group instead, see if they are alright." The goblin gestures at the spot they were before.

"A guardian of a ancient empire? So you really are like the golems of old." Lannereth muses. "As what will be done... I'm going to use a aether infusion to help glue you together. Don't suppose you know what that is? This infusion will regardless be far more powerful than the ones you're used to. I've experimented with it in the past and the results were always impressive, though always hard to predict."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-05-27 at 06:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operation Sea Slug]

Will gives her a spiteful smile.
    "Well, yes, grammar. It's not like I talk to you for the intelligent conversation. Seems like your poor little brain can only understand insults and complaining. Why don't you learn to shut up and look pretty like a good dog? Your master already gave you such a nice collar." Will tells her with as much 'concealed' bile as he can manage, and turns callously to Tammy to check on the gnolls. They'll probably make better conversation.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

TTN tilts her head a bit at the proposed solution, but whether it was on purpose or purely accidental due to her tenuous grip slipping, it's hard to tell. Though it was also debatable as to whether or not the lich would even care about such a gesture. "N-N-No, I don't know what that is, but on the pl-pl-plus side? I don't feel pain and I assume that the pr-pr-process you are proposing would be quite agonizing to other pe-pe-people." She points out.

"Go ahead and do it. Sh-Sh-Should it not work however and if I become irreparable, I plead of you to make sure Will ma-ma-makes it home safely."

15. - Top - End - #645

Operation Sea Slug

Tammy frowns. "You should know better to start a fight with an *******, Will. Don't you know what they say? They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Just quit it, don't try to get 'last word' since that's not gonna work when she's like a billion times larger than you right now."

The demon giggles and reaches up to touch her collar. "Oh, you like this, don't you? It's rather nice, isn't it? Being all magical. I'm afraid your collar won't look nearly as fancy though as I recall that human slaves only got ordinary metal collars." She reaches out and gestures at Tammy. "And the same goes for goblins. They never considered you as true threats. I mean, you only took charge after my people rose up and destroyed their empire."

It will take them a while to reach the gnolls as they have to walk up a slight slope that is almost like climbing a mountain at their current size.

"You worry too much. If I don't want you do perish, you won't." The lich claims. "Really, things cease to be dangerous once you can overcome death, wouldn't you say?" She doesn't sound concerned at all so at least she believes in everything she says.

As the gnoll strides forward, the stones move to accommodate her, opening the way back to the inner sanctum of her bunker. "You're in luck, really. The ultimate essence just made its way here a few hours ago by sheer coincidence. Someone or something must have triggered my recall enchantment after all these years, and its amazing that still works in-itself."

She reaches down to pick up a glove made of a silvery material and turns it upside down, revealing that its filled with a blue tar-like substance. "Perhaps it was fate, hm?" She waves the glove. "And yes, that's demonic essence, really just enhanced aether with a bit of a will of its own. Nothing dangerous, though people have reported visions when getting in contact with this one."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-05 at 08:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

Will shrugs.
    ”Sorry, Tammy. Can’t help myself. Been cooped up in the Spire alone too long. I missed trading insults with other squatters on the streets.” he says with a grin, wholly ignoring the demon.

He’ll be less cheerful after the long walk to the rest of the party, but there’s nothing to be done about that.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

"Fate? De-De-Destiny? Perhaps so."
    TTN admits, relaxing as she chooses to accept what is going to happen as something out of her control. She didn't plan on dying, but she was most definitely ready for whatever outcome was ahead of her. "All the World's a st-st-stage, and we are but it's players." She quotes. "Sh-Sh-Should I shut down for this process? Or should I be aware?"

18. - Top - End - #648

Operation Sea Slug

"Players? What a curious saying. I'd personally see myself as a director though." The lich says with a chuckle. "I don't play a part, I just make others remember theirs. So let's see what role you have to play, yeah? Just don't shut yourself down, I know for a fact it needs to interact with your mind to work properly."

Then without further ado she lowers TNN down into that blue tar-like liquid, dropping her before it has a chance to touch her bone-y fingers.
    The liquid immediately seem to react to her presence as if it had a will of its own and quickly enters her, causing TNN's entire body to be completely immersed in it in less than a second.
    Yet as was already obvious, this is no ordinary liquid. She can feel it connecting to her as if it was another machine. Opening up a form of channel of near instant exchange of information that the biological-sapient's TNN normally communicates with simply aren't capable of.

It identifies itself as Legion-Hub-Azaries and is requesting her identity in turn as well as her capabilities.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

Titania is more than a little surprised to find a communication channel opening up after she's been submerged. She had expected to feel funny, to hurt or lose her sense of self, but to get a chance to talk to something that was on par with her own speed of thought? It was a very pleasant surprise. "I am a Mk. XXVIII BOLO, Designation Zero-Five-Four-Nine-Two-Tango-Tango-November. Call me Titania. Currently, my capabilities are 28.743% combat effectiveness, 10% mobility, but 97% mental processing capacity. I am a being built for a combination of close range and long range combat and defense against entire armies of advanced technological nature. What of you, Legion-Hub-Azaries? It is joyous to talk to something similar to myself."

20. - Top - End - #650

Operation Sea Slug

This Unit Is Functioning At Full Capacity. She is informed, but this other unit seems reluctant to share more of its current status than that.
    You Are Not Within The Register. There is a "pause" here, but only to TNN's perception as the tiny bit of information that has been exchanged between them has taken less than a millisecond. It seems like Azaries is processing her information.
    Please State What You Serve. Your Function Is Clear But For What Purpose Do you Apply it? I Cannot Share My Function Until I Know.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

I defend an ancient empire of Humanity, in all of its forms, from invasion and extinction. For the time being however, it seems my beloved Empire no longer exists.
    Titania explains. My kind was created by them but held as equal. I am not surprised however that you do not know my kind as I seem to be the sole BOLO left. With that, she tries to transfer over historical records of Bolos. Battles, millenia of war and conflict and combat from the basic tanks requiring manual piloting to the development of her own specific humanoid model. It was all more than top secret and classified, but such could only be held to that standard when there was an agency to hold her accountable for it.

22. - Top - End - #652

Operation Sea Slug

No. The responds comes unusually fast, even through their form of communication.
    Data Suggests That You No Longer Exist Within Your Home Dimension. And in turn Azaries shares with her information about the nature of the nexus and how it draws in things from other dimensions. Furthermore, it shares examples of others within the nexus who have experienced something very similar.

You Are Not The Last. Your Empire Is Likely To Still Exist Elsewhere. If Not Here, In Other Alternative Dimensions. Then it also shares information about different timelines and how even if she was from here, her empire could exist where history took a different turn.

This Units Function Is To Serve The Empire. It Serves By Analyzing And Improving Its Warriors. As Long As It Exists. The Empire Will Never Fall. Now Azaries shares information regarding what some might see as the demon-turning process but from the angle it shares it from it seems like its just enchanting beings to make them stronger. Every being it has "enhanced" has ultimately been improved. There are no downsides in how it "upgrades" those who have been in contact with it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-29 at 11:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

Titania doesn't seem surprised in the least to learn that she's in an alternate dimension, but she does at least feel somewhat relieved to hear that the civilization she'd been made to protect might still be out there. She had figured it was something along these lines, but at the very least now she'd had confirmation. As far as the explanation of the process before her goes, she makes no attempt to hide her skepticism, but it wasn't like she had much of a choice at the moment. "And what of you?" She asks. "Do you only fix things or would you become part of me? Surely you seek more than just being a contained ooze. I do not find it likely that I will ever return home, but at the same time what of you? Will you just go back into dormancy?"

24. - Top - End - #654

Operation Sea Slug

Instead of replying, TNN receives more information.
    Apparently, Azaries is not 'dormant' as such. They gain information from other units, little more than automatic systems, that have a similar purpose as them. These systems are working to 'improve' others like Azaries does and informs it what they're doing and the end results of it.
    Azaries is the hub of all this data and is supposed to use it to improve the process. From what she can tell, all the 'muk' (AKA, 'demonic essence') in the nexus is actually connected to Azaries. This is in addition to gathering biological data from each demonic individual it has 'merged' with to see how their 'improvements' are working out to see if the ones it used are worth applying again.
    Thus, they're indirectly responsible for all the 'demonic corruption' within the nexus. No wonder some demons refer to it as a 'god'.

However, lately the subjects of these improvements have been so varied that little have been gained from these exchanges. They just don't know what changes that would improve each race and person the most with such a small sample of data from each one. Thus, they have been testing out various improvements to see what works best on the subjects they've come across.

This Unit Is Never Dormant. It's Objective Is To Gather, Process And Use The Data Gathered On This Plane To Aid The Empire. It's Subordinated To Feedback However. Do You Wish To Provide Feedback On The Process Zero-Five-Four-Nine-Two-Tango-Tango-November (Titania)? This Unit Can Become A Part Of Your Systems If You Consider It Useful.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-07-07 at 02:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

"Sure, I'm game for it." TTN decides after a few milliseconds of internal discussion and debate. "Become a part of my subsystems, but I will warn that there are parts of my programming, personality, and coding that are Absolute." After that, she figuratively lays back and relaxes, letting whatever happens, happen. She couldn't survive in her current state, so this was her only way of getting back to her feet with any degree of surety.

26. - Top - End - #656

[The beach closest to the DFI]

After his business in the DFI is concluded, an imposing paladin reaches the beach. As he walks, he sinks in the sand a little.

On his back are two large swords, which ought to be too large to hold but he's probably muscled enough to carry them around so it's probably fine.

See, he's come here in search of Vigil. He was told it's located on an island and there's only two places where islands can be: in the middle of lakes and off the coast. Since he assumes it's more likely they'd be at the ocean (HALO was at the ocean, after all) he decides to go there first.

Luckily, being tall has its benefits: you can see farther down the horizon. This is especially helpful when looking for islands. This would be so much easier if he could find a current map...
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The beach closest to the DFI]

As he looks to the horizon, our paladin will probably notice a perfectly ordinary scene approaching from over one of the beach's small sand dunes.

Firstly, there's a woman wearing sunglasses and riding a unicorn, her red cape fluttering in the wind. She probably looks somewhat familiar.
    She is being pursued by a squadron of skelecopters, half a dozen of them.
    Or perhaps they're just fleeing in the same direction, as right behind the skelecopters is a colossal horned scorpion, its claws blazing with hellfire. Even as one notices it, its tail lashes forward and strikes a skelecopter out of the sky.

They're all headed his way.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-07-16 at 12:55 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #658

Default Re: [The beach closest to the DFI]

"Haha, what?"

Something like this hasn't happened to him in ages. It takes him a moment to figure out what's going on. Okay, so skeletons, a scorpion-dragon-thing, and a woman on a unicorn. The unicorn by itself might make him a little suspicious, but something about her seems trustworthy. He can't exactly place why she seems so trustworthy, but...she just does. He's pretty sure that he's a good judge of character, too, so he hopes that he's right.

Zophiel draws one of his ridiculously large swords - his red-bladed one - and rests the tip in the sand so he can shout out without it getting in the way. "Hey, you need help?" he calls out to the woman. "Come this way!"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Firbolg in the Playground

That would be Mercy, then?

The woman turns and shouts at the pursuing skeletons, saying to it ""
    One of them stops being a skelecopter and starts being a nonmagical collection of bones, which, given how they were rotating, fly off in all directions.
    The other four continue their pursuit, getting ever closer to the unicorn.

"Yes, I mean, if it's not too much trouble-" she calls back to Zophiel, directing the unicorn to veer his way. They'll reach him in just a moment.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #660

Default [A Random Beach]

I believe it is Mercy, yes.

He's still not entirely sure of the situation. Okay, the skeletons seem to bad, given that she kind-of blew one up. Either that, or she's controlling them. The scorpion? Is it hers? Is it a wild animal? A neutral third party? Is it something else? The paladin isn't completely sure. If the skeletons were on her side, they'd probably be attacking the scorpion-beast. On the other hand, the scorpion is attacking the skelecopters.

Luckily, he still has a moment to verify, just in case he's getting this wrong: "The skeletons are the target?"

As soon as the unicorn and the woman are no longer in front of him, Zophiel coils his muscles to build up power, and swings...at the sand. The raw power combined with the size and inertia of the sword means a large, fast-moving wave of sand is launched at the chasers.

A million grains of sand could potentially fit in a liter bottle.
    Several million grains of sand are launched at high speed at the pursuers.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.