New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

[Peaceful Bay]

”You are surprisingly unsurprised at this.” Kray says simply.
    ”And I don’t undress in front of strangers. I’ll have the pearls.” they’re less likely to bear some curse or something else that sunken treasures might have on them.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-09-24 at 04:49 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Peaceful Bay

"Why? Is your body deformed, are you ashamed of it?" The nymph has no concept of modesty. "You're fae-touched, I can sense it about you. I didn't know exactly how you were affected by that touch, but this sort of thing is... Reasonably common. I could kiss you again; would that fix your pants?" She tilts her head to one side as she asks, since she knows little about clothing. She holds her hand out and some very large pearls are pushed out of her palm. Her body is made entirely of wet sand; as the beach is also made of wet sand (with mud in places), the beach is effectively her body.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Bay]

”The fae who did this to me and I are not on god terms.” Kray says as she puts the pearls in her bag. “And no, it can’t activate twice in a row. Thanks.” Kray will attempt to leave after that. The nymph makes her uneasy.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

It takes a moment for Lannefear to react as she doesn't seem to get the joke, but once its clear that Titania isn't jumping the result seem to really excite the lich. "Ha! I knew it!" She gestures gestures for something and a tiny imp-like creature suddenly appears next to her, handing her a ancient-looking notebook. But as Lannefear reaches to grab it, it essentially crumbles into dust. "Oh." The lich remarks she watches as the remains of the notebook seeps in-between her skeletal fingers.
    But she won't let that setback deter her however and raise her finger. "I'll just make a demon note of how the Tetra subject displays mental resistance unseen in other subjects then."
    The imp-creature mumbles something in reply and nods affirmatively.
    "Now as promised we're going to see your friends again. Just don't worry about the mental commands, I don't have any reasons to control you. You're now one of a kind, golem-gal and I see greatness awaiting you." Gesturing for Titania to follow, the lich seem to be heading out of the bunker once more.
    Operation Sea Slug

"Tetra?" Titania asks, following along and flexing her limbs as she walks. "And is it just you or any Warlock that could possibly consider ordering me around? At least, I would assume warlocks given what little I've learned about such." She admits. Finding out how Lannefear felt about the mind control certainly made her feel quite a bit better.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anika and Blanche in... The Moon Well of Mysteries

Anika shrugs. "Eh, my people are hadicapped by the fact that their heads are usually stuck up their own arses. It's a medical condition."

The druid turns to look out over the island. "Anyway, I think you can slow down now. We're almost there and there might be cliffs." A beat as she glances at Blanche. "Hey, should be try to secure the boat to something with a rope or just pull it up on the beach? I can't actually see anything to secure it to..." Anika returns to scouting ahead for underwater cliffs that they might run into.

Operation Sea Slug

"Just a term, it means important." Lannefear remarks with a dismissive wave. "But have no fear, I was the strongest warlock in the golden age of warlocks and from what my demons tell me, this can scarsely be called the bronze age of warlocks. I doubt you would find anyone that could even begin to do what I did until you reach the blasted lands. Those still exist, don't they?" She gives Titania a curious glance. "Last time I heard they were about to be destroyed in a series of apocalypses. Though as we all still exist, I doubt any of those ever came to full fruition."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-26 at 11:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #846

Her companion nods, easing up on the throttle and guiding the skiff into an easy glide. As easy as she can manage, at least - Blanche has clearly not had much practice operating vehicles like this. "I dunno, probably the latter. Might be easier to hide, and we don't want to linger too long anywhere." She pauses for a second. "We should probably get off the beach as quick as we can. Just, uh, not a lot of cover from any surveillance." There's a degree of ulterior motive behind that, but she does mean it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

"Admittedly, I am quite the newcomer apparently so I wouldn't know much of anything about that. Though I am curious now. If what I have seen and what you have said is true, why has the power of warlocks declined? Just a loss of knowledge or has the world itself changed to make such more difficult to manage?"
    Titania asks, genuinely curious about the causes. "Surely there could be other repositories of knowledge or tombs such as your own that could be sought out."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Amusement Beach

Natalie doesn't quite connect the dots, but does frown at Karasu a little. "Skyside's dangerous, Karasu. I hope you have a back up in case things go wrong." Natalie can't stop Karasu going to the city, nor does she want to know when her girlfriend makes the trip. But she does want to make sure that Karasu's got a plan in case something goes wrong, and she finds herself either captured or dead.

She wonders what Ari was doing in the flying city, but if she was in a situation that needed Karasu's help, she might not have gone there deliberately.
    Amusement Beach

Karasu knows her girlfriend's just worried, so just smiles at Natalie and squeezes her hand, pecking her on the cheek. "Seeing you again is motivation enough, but I was trained well, babe." She says reassuringly.

Ari, however, looks at Natalie incredulously, but calms down and refrains from saying anything as she watches the couple be cute. "Yeah, trust me, you have nothing to worry about!" She chimes in, eager to let Natalie know how badass Karasu is.

After all, if not for her, she could be in some dungeon somewhere, her beautiful body and tattoos tarnished by some sadistic noble... she shudders at the thought but brushes it from her mind. "You both go have fun before I say anymore than I ought to." She finally adds, and Karasu agrees! "Bye, Ari, and thank you! Let's go, Talie."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Orc in the Playground

Amusement Beach

"I know you were trained well, Kari. That's why I'm not asking you about not going there. I'm asking you to make sure you have a back up if things go wrong. It doesn't matter how well you're trained if you find yourself in a situation with people and things you aren't familiar with because they're from some world you'd never heard of." Natalie's worried more about Karasu getting in trouble because she's found herself confronting a nine-foot-tall troll with inch-thick skin and a lightsabre or something, not worried about her being caught by slavers or anything. Natalie knows Karasu's well trained; it's why she feels safe whenever they're together.

10. - Top - End - #850

Operation Sea Slug

"Hmph, the lesser races ruined it all. Or so my demons tell me. These 'tombs' as you call them, even if few actually were, got plundered by those who came after us. Goblins or their minions, the humans, ravaged everything in their path. The suspersticious fools either ruined it with their carelessness or intentionally destroyed what they couldn't understand. The fact that our own demons apparently rebelled against us didn't make matters better. All our repositories of knowledge that we spend generations building up are either corrupted, destroyed or in the hands of wealthy 'collectors'." Her skeletal grin widens. "All except mine of course. I predicted all this." A beat. "Well, except the part that my people would take such a long time getting back up on their feet. It would seem they need a hand."

They have now reached the ladder. "But go ahead. Climb up and reintroduce yourself to your little helper. I'm sure he, she? Eh, I'm sure they have plenty of questions."

"Good thinking, Blanche." Anika remarks before she holds up her neck a bit higher to scout. "And it doesn't look like there are any cliffs at all here so full trottle ahead." She points forwards, to the beaches!

Once they get ashore, Anika will quickly jump out of the boat. "Okay, you wanna push or pull? I should probably push as I got the swimming suit and everything." The island they landed on is essentially a tropical paradise. A long white beach, clear blue water, green palms. The only thing that might bother Blanche (besides the sand) is the fact that it could be too warm in those clothes of hers depending on how they're made.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

Amusement Beach

"I know you were trained well, Kari. That's why I'm not asking you about not going there. I'm asking you to make sure you have a back up if things go wrong. It doesn't matter how well you're trained if you find yourself in a situation with people and things you aren't familiar with because they're from some world you'd never heard of." Natalie's worried more about Karasu getting in trouble because she's found herself confronting a nine-foot-tall troll with inch-thick skin and a lightsabre or something, not worried about her being caught by slavers or anything. Natalie knows Karasu's well trained; it's why she feels safe whenever they're together.
    Amusement Beach

"I know, babe. I know. I have backups in place. Promised myself I won't leave you like that again, and I'm holding myself to that in anyway I can." Karasu replies, smiling reassuringly at Natalie.

Ari has by this point mentally drifted off to thoughts of having her own partner, a cute elven hunk of a lifeguard she's crushing on to be precise.

"We're here being worried when we could be on a park ride having fun! Let's go, Talie!" She says suddenly, pulling her girlfriend along and waving bye at Ari. "I think Cheasadh would like it here." She comments in passing, leading Natalie to a snack stand, filled with a lot of amusement park snacks, both ones Natalie knows and ones she probably doesn't know that well. "What do you want, milady?" Karasu asks, grinning cheekily.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-09-29 at 10:32 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Good thinking, Blanche." Anika remarks before she holds up her neck a bit higher to scout. "And it doesn't look like there are any cliffs at all here so full trottle ahead." She points forwards, to the beaches!

Once they get ashore, Anika will quickly jump out of the boat. "Okay, you wanna push or pull? I should probably push as I got the swimming suit and everything." The island they landed on is essentially a tropical paradise. A long white beach, clear blue water, green palms. The only thing that might bother Blanche (besides the sand) is the fact that it could be too warm in those clothes of hers depending on how they're made.
    ”I’m fine with either,” Blanche answers with a shrug, hopping out to pull. It’s probably for the best this way, considering Anika is most likely the strongest of the two.

It shouldn’t take too long for them to finish with the boat, and Blanche will glance around for something to obscure it with, wiping away a bit of sweat from her brow. Not that it’s much of a priority, considering the terrain; the boat will probably be just as conspicuous buried under banana leaves as it would be in the open, after all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

Amusement Beach

"You aren't the only one holding yourself to that, Kari. If you try leaving again, I'll nail you to a wall." She's smiling as she says it, though it's not as jokey as it could be.

Then off they go towards the rides! "I don't know, I'm not sure how many of the rides she could actually ride. Gnomes are small." And whilst she might be old enough for some of the rides, she's certainly too short for most of them. Unless there's a ride sized for gnomes/halflings/goblins/dwarfs, anyway. Since the height limits are usually for health and safety reasons, to prevent small children falling through the gap between seat and belt.

She blushes at the title slightly, but smiles wider and motions for some coconut mushrooms. "I think those, to start with. They're nice; you tried any?" Not exactly a fairground treat, but certainly an old-fashioned British sweet.

14. - Top - End - #854

There are no obvious things around that could be used to cover it up but it seems...

"I brought a blanket!" Yes, Anika has brought along a brightly red colored beach blanket. "Would that work to cover it up?" It would probably make the boat even more visible if that's their intent.

And it takes about a split-second for Anika to make the same conclusion. "Maybe the green one I brought for you instead?" She starts pulling another blanket from her picnic basket.

15. - Top - End - #855

It takes a bit of effort on the catgirl’s part not to laugh. ”I think it’s best to just leave it as-is. Besides, I don’t think either of those will cover it up on their own.” Of course, Blanche could just be making excuses so she can have a towel to dry off. Cats are famously not fond of water, after all!

I mean, it’s not very likely, considering she endured the boat ride just fine, but you never know!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #856

Marlick Bay- Benedict's Room

"Of course, of course. Let your daughter know. I simply want an extra bodyguard for the next few days. I may be followed by some enemies of mine, and I would rather them not succeed in killing me. They are rival relic-hunters, seeking to steal some of my recent acquisitions." Or possibly unhappy villagers, seeking the return of some artefacts stolen from their community.
    [Marlick Bay - Benedict's Room]

Zophiel nods. "Okay. I can do that."

With all the discussion finished for now, Zophiel leaves to do those necessary things.

After a while, he returns and informs Benedict that he's back, and then goes to the adjacent servant's quarters.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-10-04 at 09:46 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

It takes a bit of effort on the catgirl’s part not to laugh. ”I think it’s best to just leave it as-is. Besides, I don’t think either of those will cover it up on their own.” Of course, Blanche could just be making excuses so she can have a towel to dry off. Cats are famously not fond of water, after all!

I mean, it’s not very likely, considering she endured the boat ride just fine, but you never know!

Anika smiles widely. “Nope, though we’d be able to find the boat easier.” Which certainly was true, just so was everyone else.
    “But enough dallying, lets go and find that well. We’ll go in all sneaky-like.” A beat. “Do you want to ride me? I could get us deeper in pretty fast and still be stealthy.” She gestures into the jungle. “Otherwise it will be a whole lot of walking. Maybe some running too.”
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-10-06 at 04:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #858

Blanche blinks, looking slightly confused. ”Well, I wouldn’t mind riding you there, but are you sure it would be that stealthy?” They would definitely be a bigger target, but Anika did transform into a big cat - maybe she’s expecting far too little subtlety from a creature like that.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Sea Slug

"He, if it makes a difference to you."
    Titania points out, deciding not to comment on the rest and to just keep it in mind for the future. There seemed to be quite a bit more to this than she had imagined. She climbs up carefully, getting used to how her new weight moves and feels on her unfamiliar joints. When she gets to the top, she gracefully hops over. "Will? Are you here?" She calls out.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operation Sea Slug]

Will has been panicking ever since he heard TTN cry out. Abandoning the other crew members, he had made straight for the direction she had left in, but finds the voice reassuring, even if it sounds different.
    "Titania? How did it g-OH DEAR GODS" Will swears, probably more than he should have, falling over.
    "What the hell did she do??!" Certainly not what he had been expecting when the lich had said she'd be making a "golem." Those are supposed to be stone or something aren't they?
    Will clears his throat.
    "Um. But. I'm sorry, Titania. It's good to have you back, honest. Four arms, huh?" For some reason he feels a twinge of...something in the back of his head at that one.
    He's hoping she can even hear him, though, given that he's still ant-sized.

21. - Top - End - #861

Operation Sea Slug

Sargera and her group, which by now have managed to regroup and are tending to their wounded, are near Will and Tammy. Much of Sargera's shoulder have been patched up with bandage but some of the other gnolls have suffered far more severe injuries.
    The gnoll leader simply turns to stare at Titania as she leaves, seemingly not completely convinced that it's her.

The demon is silent, as she has been for quite a while after her and Will's argument. But her presence is still felt through two glowing eyes which manifest as Titania emerges.

"I didn't do anything you panicked squirrel! That's demonic healing for you!" They can hear the lich shout from within the bunker.

"Of course I am." She crouches over and looks from side to side as if she's sneaking. "They won't even see me coming. Just jump on to the stealth master 3000 and don't make any sounds." Anika then is shrouded in a green cloud and from it a huge teal-colored cat-creature emerges. It's coloration is actually decent camoflagoue in this enviroment.

It looks at her, grinning confindently with all its ever so sharp teeth.

22. - Top - End - #862

Blanche doesn’t object. After all, as far as she was concerned, this was Anika’s operation. Besides, there wasn’t much of a chance given for her to make any counterpoints before the woman transforms. And looking at the saber, it was hard to deny it didn’t look stealthy. So with a shrug, Blanche clambers on. ”At this rate, I’m starting to wonder if we should invest in a saddle,” she attempts to joke, but will otherwise remain silent as they set off.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-10-07 at 02:39 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #863

Anika speeds along through the jungle. Nimbly avoiding obstacles as she jumps over roots and dodges between trees. For Blanche the experience might be rather stressful however considering how fast the cat she's on is moving and how they almost collide with things on the way.

Then finally she starts to slow down as Blanche starts to be able to hear voices nearby. Sounds like... a party?

Anika starts sneaking for real now, slowly stepping towards the sounds. Eventually, Blanche will be able to spot the moon well they've been looking for. However, as one might have guessed there is a problem. It's filled with people.
    Namely what appears to be group of nude elves are bathing in the pool. Creating a small circle around a male elf and the only goblin in the pool, also male and nude. Though the water is effectively covering their lower naughty bits. Along with the elves there is also what appear to be a group of glowing wisps that sorrund the pair though what they are doing there Blanche can't tell.
    The goblin and the elf are having a intimate discussion however though she can't quite make out what they're saying from this distance.

Suddenly, Anika lean forward and lower herself for Blanche to be able to jump off before she changes back into her humanoid form. "That's interesting..." She quietly remarks as she sneaks closer. They are on a slight hill overlooking the well which is located in the middle of a rocky lake. They should have cover from the well's guests thanks to all the vegatation up here.

24. - Top - End - #864

Anika and Blanche in... The Moonwell of Mysteries

The ride is indeed much more stressful for Blanche than it is for Anika, clinging to the beast for dear life. It may be the slightest bit uncomfortable for her, with the medic’s fingers digging into the saber’s fur for purchase. The frightened grip eases as Anika slows into a quiet stalk, and Blanche leans up to get a look of their surroundings.

Peering about, she pauses visibly as she spots the group occupying the moonwell. It takes a second for her to follow Anika’s gesture and dismount, shifting into a kneeling crouch.”Some sort of ritual? Meeting, maybe?” she suggests quietly, pointedly avoiding staring at any of the elves and training her gaze on the duo discussing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #865

Anika leans closer, both ears perked to hear the exchange. Blanche can make out what it sounding like a lovers exchange.
    The goblin don't want to get the elf in trouble with his family while the elf is begging him to stay with him.
    "You can't throw it all away for me, Gust. I'm just a simple goblin and you are the prince of the elves."
    "A prince of the elves. My brother... well, don't mind him. I love you, Roberto and that's all that matters."

But as if on command, a number of black-clad armed elves suddenly comes into view, marching towards the well. Their lead by a tall elf that is wearing a crown.
    The wells inhabitants gasp in shock as they see the group approach.

"We need to intervene." Anika remarks, already looking ready to charge in.

26. - Top - End - #866

Blanche’s ears stand alert as she leans in closer to hear the conversation, catching every word. Star-crossed lovers? Well, it certainly explained the furtive air the scene before them held, but those are an awful lot of spectators! This prince must be especially naive to trust so many people with such a sensitive matter. Was handling confidential matters not a discipline the ruling class was taught in?

It’s a harsh judgement to make on first glance, but it seems to be fairly accurate as the man in the crown and his guard make their approach. She scowls at the sight, but raises an arm to hold Anika back. ”Hold on, we’re not going to disrupt much charging in now. Let’s move in closer. If they try anything rough, we hit them while they’re busy.” She whispers the response before shifting her position, moving in closer to where she has an angle to the side of the soldiers.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #867

Anika let's out a small grunt as she's held back, but finally nods in agreement. "Let's get in closer then."

Meanwhile, the elf prince steps out of the well to meet what seems to be his brother and well, he's not wearing anything.
    "You are not to touch him, brother!" He calls out with his hand held out. Yet the black clad elf only gives him a silent stare as he draws his sword. As do his followers.
    The elves in the moon well appear to be unarmed (and also naked) so they can only watch on helplessly as the group starts to approach the goblin who have drawn his own sword (which he got from somewhere?)

By now Anika (and presumably Blanche) have sneaked down from the hill and is approaching the scene through the vegetation. Then she suddenly seem to get an idea. "Oh! I could do a bear-drop on them. That always works. Like, right into the well. That'll send them running for sure!" A beat. "Or we do the bear cavalry mauver. What do you think? We gotta act fast!"

28. - Top - End - #868

Blanche’s gaze hardens as weapons are drawn, and she swiftly shoves in her earplugs, unslings her rifle and levels it, cocking back the bolt as she brings her gaze to the iron sights. ”Better to work as a pair, I’m more useful giving covering fire.” She takes a breath, lining up her shot. “I’m going to disarm the leader. You barrel into them as soon as I take the shot, I’ll work on disabling them.” A beat. “Or I can join the melee too, if you think putting holes in any legs or arms is a bit too aggressive for the scenario.”

Whichever route Anika takes, Blanche will nod in agreement, hold a deep breath, and fire a single shot into the hilt of the blade that the prince has brought to bear. The caliber and force should be enough to knock it out of hand... but there’s always a chance Blanche’s aim might not be precise enough to avoid grazing a finger.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #869

Blanche's shot strikes true. Just as the leader was about to meet the goblin in a duel, she shoots his weapon straight out of his hand. Then as everyone looks around in shock at the sound of Blanche's gun going off, Anika suddenly charges in among the black-clad elves in her bear form. They immideately try to flee, dropping their weapons in panic.

"CUT! Cut, cut, cut!" A loud voice suddenly calls out in the distance. "What the **** is going on?!"

"Was this in the script?" One of the elves wonders out loud even as Anika keeps chasing the fleeing soldiers who she is now throwing about in the water of the well.

The wisps all stop moving, though a few still follow Anika as she rampages through the well.

Blanche can, if she looks in the direction of the loud voice, see a whole crew of goblins just barely hidden some distance away. They're all staring at them in shock, in particular a pair of them who are seated in foldable chairs. One of them seem rather upset, the owner of the voice.

30. - Top - End - #870

eek Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Blanche begins to chamber a new round as Anika barrels into the shot, watching with satisfaction as the group immediately breaks rank and composure - not that she gets to enjoy the feeling once the director shouts to cut the scene. The woman freezes up, fur bristling before her ears flatten. She meets the production crew’s gaze for a brief, incredibly awkward and flat-footed moment. If catgirls could die of embarrassment, Blanche would not be standing.

Which is probably very good, as she suddenly realizes that Anika has absolutely not gotten the memo. Hastily slinging her rifle across her back, Blanche breaks into a sprint onto the set. ”Wait! Anika! Stop! They’re not actually soldiers!” She darts towards her comrade, possibly attempting to break her away from whatever hapless actor she’s busy thrashing at the moment if needed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show