1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Beach Party - Bar with Dena

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Dena reaches into the picnic basket and produces another of her business cards which she gently presses into Magtok's hand. "Why don't you take one of these and call me once you get your phone? Or are you gonna make me go dungeon spelunking in your cave? Since I'm not losing anyone in it. Public perception, remember?" Losing coworkers to cyberwolves did horrible things to morale, unless people really hated those guys of course.

"Right, yeah. Probably for the best." Magtok takes the proffered business card, and studies it with a nod. Probably for the best if he just digs around the ruins for a functional phone, yeah. No need to worry about people dying horribly that way. Nobody except Magtok himself, of course, because the MagCave is kind of one big enormous deathtrap right now. We were going to risk our lives cleaning that place out anyway though, so what's one more sidequest on the spring summer cleaning adventure?

"Oh, one last thing before I go," Magtok flips over the business card, and starts writing down a set of simple instructions. He holds it up so Dena can see, carefully angling the card so it stays 'offscreen,' as it were, out of view of the general public and any roving OOC eyeballs. "If you can do that for me, I will make history with this ad, and you can cut my fee in half. Deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Jack & Kray

Jack looks like she's maybe early twenties, maybe late teens. She's quite hard to pin down age-wise, which also plays into her usual androgynous appearance. She isn't human, though she looks like one, so she probably ages differently.

"I, um. Will keep that in mind." Jack's a little embarrassed about it all, because this isn't something she's done before. To be fair, though, it's hard to tell how old a minotaur is by looking if you've not met one before.
    Jack and Kray

Kray does her best to reassure Jack, giving her a slap on the back.
    "Oh Jack, you'll be fine. My people are rare unfortunately. That's what got me into this whole mess in the first place. Got lonely. It'll be so much easier for you, looking human. Everyone likes humans." Even Kray, after Rassa literally mind-warped Krayger into being attracted to anything she turned into, which included human and deer-like forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Beach Party - Sam and Aly]

Aly also claps for Electra when she finishes her song. "She's pretty good!" She comments. The 3/4 dragon give Felandria a nod when she approaches the bar. Friendly, but under no obligation to talk.
    [Beach Party- Sam and Aly]

"Yeah she is..." Sam says, idly looking around. He's glad someone else is getting attention.
    "You know, you told me you were musically inclined. You could sing." he suggests.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sam and Aly and now Fel!]

"I should!" Aly says, taking another sip from her drink. She was getting a little giggly now. She waves for Felandria to come over. "Hi! I'm Aly'ithra and this is Sam."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina]

Reinholdt holds out his hands and shrugs a little. "Sure, I'll be happy to play for you. But you won't be impressed. Maybe it'll motivate me to get good at though. Find a mentor. Ask around for some tips. Raril's a bard, maybe he can point me in the right direction." There's no shortcut to success better than years of practice and experience. At least none that Rein's found yet. He'll keep looking though.

"Well now," Rein's lips curl upwards into a smirk, though his eyes glance away a blush fills his cheeks. "I'm happy to be a part of the aesthetic that convinces this place is special with its... Gah. I knew where that sentence was going when I started it." It's a bit of a mess now though. Better shift gears a little. "Eh-hem. As a connoisseur of the visual, what do you look for? The variety, the abs, or something else entirely? Maybe, just maybe, I think you might have something for esoteric pink eyes." They do fall under the exotic and unique.

"Which reminds me. You're a bit less neon than I recall. Did you decide that look wasn't for you anymore?" Maybe he's misremembering though. There was a lot of booze involved then too. Too much alcohol can make everything more neon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Electra gives Cass a mysterious smile and finishes the last of her drink.

"Well, then. I'll see if they have anything interesting to sing."

She saunters up to the machine and looks through the selections for a few moments, before finding something she thinks might be appropriate. She takes up the microphone and surveys the crowd before the music starts, spotting Tina at the bar. Oh dear, this might be very interesting indeed. The music starts with a couple of guitar flourishes before starting to pick up, and she gives a quiet vocal flourish just as the original singer did as the music picks up. She taps her foot in time with the beat, nodding her head as well, getting in time with the music, before starting the first verse, her gaze not on the screen, but on the crowd, belting out the lyrics in her clear mezzo soprano. As the song goes on, her whole body gets into it, and she starts moving around, working the stage just a bit, swaying her hips every so often to the beat. She's not trying to overdo it, but she's definitely enjoying herself.
    [Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina!]

"Hey, I can point you at some good tutors. Music school dropout, right here," says Fettina, aiming her thumbs at her chest, then grinning and flicking the straps of her sling bikini so they give a little twang. Her smile only turns wicked as Rein blushes and goes on. She giggles melodically, probably doing very little to help. "Um, well, abs help. But I'm not necessarily an ab girl. I do like the exotic. I love to see and touch things that I haven't gotten to before. Your eyes are, well... the only other pair I've ever seen like them are mine, when I'm cotton candy pink and blue."

"Which is probably the colors you remember. I like to change it up. I can look a whole lot of different ways, too." Tina explains. "What, don't you like my natural hue?" A teasing flick of a very bright blue tongue in Rein's direction.

A pause. Tina is distracted. Who was that singing?

"Electra?" Tina says, hopping up and stepping past Rein for a minute, her backside facing him. She bounces up and down on the balls of her feet to get the blonde cyborg's attention, waving her skinny arms in the air. "Hell yes!" She whistles as loud and long as she can. "Come sign me after your concert, babe! You're amazing!"

She quits bouncing and tossing up sand, turning back to Rein to smile sheepishly. "Sorry. Friend of mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Vivi's wink is answered with a toothy grin as Lucy nods and finishes what remains of their shared drink. "Worry not, Vivi, you don't need to provide that much encouragement, though I'll certainly take you up on that offer." She turns to watch as Electra finishes her performance, "Seems we might have to join the queue. I'm, um, not really used to singing a song on the fly like this, but I'll have to do a good job, won't I? Can't go letting you down in a duet, can I?" She slides a hand down to give Vivi a light pat on her lower back for emphasis.
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Vivi gives a hearty clap for Electra as well, leaning slightly into Lucy. "No, you certainly can't. Don't worry, it's just like singing in the shower! In harmony with your lover. Who's also in the shower." She leans up, whispering, "Though stripping is optional. Whatever makes you most comfortable."
    Presumably they can go up to join the queue as they fritter and banter.

[Mount Kitsuki]

Azren returns from the snackbar with Chaco Taco in hand for Kitty's itty bitty daughter. "Here we go," he says, squatting down. His eyes go to the girls. "And how are you getting along?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-07-31 at 10:43 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Beach Party- Mount Kitsuki

Artie nods appreciatively.
    ”Thank you. It can be intimidating, honestly. My mother always said it terrified her. And then there’s people like my sister in law...” If Sakura was ever intimidated at the prospect of having children, that part of her is long dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Mount Kitsuki]

Azren returns from the snackbar with Chaco Taco in hand for Kitty's itty bitty daughter. "Here we go," he says, squatting down. His eyes go to the girls. "And how are you getting along?"
    [Beach Party- Mount Kitsuki]

Oh thank goodness. Azren showed up before Annie got worked up about something. "Come here, baby girl. The nice man brought a snack." Annie whips around and quickly abandons her shoveling. She hurries over to her mom and leans against her big tummy.

"Snack?" She beams at Azren with a pointy smile. If Azren will hand Kitsuki the Choco Taco, she'll hold it and let the little girl take a big, overeager bite out of it. She'll return to grinning with ice cream all over her mouth.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

Ellrin reappears at the party. However, he doesn't seem to be here for the ambiance this time. He is now wearing red and gold robes and is armed, a curved sword and three pistols hanging from his belt. He carries a rusted iron astrolabe coated in glowing silver tracery under his arm. The markings on the device shift as he moves. "This is as good a place as any to start."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

"I should!" Aly says, taking another sip from her drink. She was getting a little giggly now. She waves for Felandria to come over. "Hi! I'm Aly'ithra and this is Sam."
    Fel obtains a noo drink and joins them.

I’m Felandria.

How are you two this fine afternoon?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Kray

"Most people like humans, not quite everyone. But, um. Thank you." Jack grins, still a little embarrassed at how the conversation went, but glad it did go there. "I will certainly keep it all in mind."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #69

[Beach Party - Bar -> Stage?]

"A tempting thought, Vivi, but this isn't a nudist beach. We'd get in trouble if you stripped off on stage! I doubt I'd even have time to enjoy it." Lucy grins and gives Vivi a nudge, "You'll have to save that for a private performance later."

And then because they're walking away from the bar, she'll momentarily gatecrash Sam's conversation! "Sam! You were awesome! Hi Sam's friends! Sam, you gotta introduce me sometime! Oop, gotta go!"

Straaaight back to Vivi's side so they can go sing together.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [The Crystal Apex]

Like something straight out of an episode of scooby doo.

Okay, maybe it's a little more terrifying than that, but it's still got a bit of a kooky house of horrors feel to it.

"Pesssst. Your wordss mean nothing." Damon would growl if he wasn't forced to hiss constantly, his hand reaching out to send a torrent of black fire blasting towards the paintings. "My insstinctss tell me to run. My rage tellsss me to kill the one demon here that actually mattersss."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

"Right, yeah. Probably for the best." Magtok takes the proffered business card, and studies it with a nod. Probably for the best if he just digs around the ruins for a functional phone, yeah. No need to worry about people dying horribly that way. Nobody except Magtok himself, of course, because the MagCave is kind of one big enormous deathtrap right now. We were going to risk our lives cleaning that place out anyway though, so what's one more sidequest on the spring summer cleaning adventure?

"Oh, one last thing before I go," Magtok flips over the business card, and starts writing down a set of simple instructions. He holds it up so Dena can see, carefully angling the card so it stays 'offscreen,' as it were, out of view of the general public and any roving OOC eyeballs. "If you can do that for me, I will make history with this ad, and you can cut my fee in half. Deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Beach Party - Swimming]

"Technically? What does technically me- Hey, get back here!" Ilpholin gives Kal and Wenomir a wave goodbye, puts her diving mask back on, and swims after Anika. She needs to stay close enough so she can grab a shark tail when she turns into one again.

She eyes the card just for a second and then nods once. "Sounds fair to me. I'll make sure it happens." She extends her hand. "Deal, swing by our office some day and we'll go through all the paperwork."

[Beach Party - Swimming]

"Okay, I am a member!" Anika shouts back just before she dives.
    Soon, a shark fin rise into the air, just waiting for Ilpholin to grab it.
    Once she does, its full speed down into the sea. Ilpholin will be able to see the white sand bottom stretching beneath the waves. A shoal of purple fish flees at the sight of them and a giant clam with two red eyes giving them the stink-eye as they pass.

But then they suddenly get into deeper water and in the distance Ilpholin might note what appears to be the half of a antique wooden ship sticking out from the sand. Considering how overgrown and busted it is, it has to have been there a while.

[The Crystal Apex]

((Will have to wait a bit further with this scene...))

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Jack & Kray

"Most people like humans, not quite everyone. But, um. Thank you." Jack grins, still a little embarrassed at how the conversation went, but glad it did go there. "I will certainly keep it all in mind."
    [Jack and Kray]

Kray smiles sympathetically. Maybe she's given Jack something to think about. She knows she does, from all of today.
    "Well, I'm going to find a chair to lounge on. You can come with me. Otherwise, you have a good day." she says, and exits the water to find and open chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel obtains a noo drink and joins them.

I’m Felandria.

How are you two this fine afternoon?
    [Beach Party- Sam and Aly and Fel?]

Oh no, Aly. What have you done? Don't you know who that is? Fel is in Vigil. Vigil has a show!
    She's been on TV.
    Sam is talking to someone who's been on TV.
    And she probably saw him singing.

Okay Sam, don't worry, there's nothing to-
    PANIC!
    "Oh wow you know that's my roommate maybe I should go introduce her sometime like she said speaking of maybe I should get that drink you know they say it's four o clock somewhere haha you know right haahahaha-" Sam tries to make his quick escape before he embarrasses himself in front of a celebrity! Quick Aly, catch him before he escapes!
    Though you know, Fel might be the first person to not seemingly spend the first ten seconds of meeting Sam not wondering what the heck he is. He's really gotten used to that particular 'ok but what are you' look from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Oh thank goodness. Azren showed up before Annie got worked up about something. "Come here, baby girl. The nice man brought a snack." Annie whips around and quickly abandons her shoveling. She hurries over to her mom and leans against her big tummy.

"Snack?" She beams at Azren with a pointy smile. If Azren will hand Kitsuki the Choco Taco, she'll hold it and let the little girl take a big, overeager bite out of it. She'll return to grinning with ice cream all over her mouth.

Artie giggles at the girl, but holds back laughter so the girl doesn't think she's being laughed at. She sidles up to Azren.
    "So? Did you get anything for your dear wife?" she asks him.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

She eyes the card just for a second and then nods once. "Sounds fair to me. I'll make sure it happens." She extends her hand. "Deal, swing by our office some day and we'll go through all the paperwork."
    "Pleasure doing business with you," Magtok says with a grin and a short nod, before he gulps down his drink and strides on outta there. Best get going before we get roped into any more awkward conversations with hated enemies, or business dealings with shady mercenaries. The cyborg grabs his things and heads out, stopping only to pull Needs' head out of the sand on his way back to the pickup truck. That ridiculous wizard deadtimes in the weirdest places sometimes, I swear.

Oh! Speaking of the weirdest places, what the heck is this folder doing in the glove compartment?! Who broke into our automobile and put that there? Why does Needs claim to know nothing about it, when asked? All very good questions, none of which our cyborg has the answer to. Rather than leave right away, he sits the folder in his lap and pages through its contents. Maybe there'll be some vital clue revealing exactly who this asshat is who thinks he can just break into Lord Magtok's stuff and leave spooky files behind. Whoever they are, they've got a lot to answer for already. We have a great and powerful wizard sibling, people can't go pushing us around like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Swimming]

Well that didn't clarify much. Talking time is over now though. Ilpholin is taken on a short tour of a small part of under the sea. That clam only gets the stink eye back, daring it to try anything. Anything. She'll put it in its place.

There's that ship Anika mentioned. It seems to have crashed fairly close to the shore all things considered. She wonders what happened. Maybe it stopped to drop anchor and send out those smaller landing craft, but they dropped the anchor way too hard and it took everything with it.
    Yeah, probably not that. A closer inspection is needed.

Tina's gentle teasing does little to alleviate Reinholdt's blush. He's so much better at dishing it than taking it. Still, his smile changes from bashful to warm as she compliments his eyes and compares them to her own. "I can't say I change as often as it sounds you do, but I mix it up occasionally." If by mix it up Rein means sometimes he's a cat, sure. I guess. He's not adverse to trying out a new look, it's just harder to get it to stick by nature of his shapeshifting.

"Oh you're more than beautiful as you are. I just remembered wanting to eat your hair and see if it tasted like sugar." Rein sticks his tongue out in return. It's not as special though. In terms of coloration at least.

The playful banter gets a brief interlude as Tina steps past Rein to enjoy the karaoke 'concert'. Reinholdt twists in his chair to get a better look, but most of his gaze is drawn to Tina's backside as she bounces wildly and cheers. It's really, really hard to look away from that, but Rein does manage at least for a very brief moment so as to give a regular wave in Electra's direction.

When Tina turns back around, Rein rapidly looks away and focuses intently on sipping his mojito. "Hah, no, it's fine- it's fine. I, uh, should have known you knew Electra since she and Dena were so tight and you know Dena. We went on a quest together relatively recently taking care of some drow business. I forget, are you also a member of MERC?"
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Jack & Kray

"I'm too impatient to sit around and do nothing. I'll keep paddling, but thank you for the company. You have a good day too." Jack nods and smiles, continuing on walking in the surf.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #75

[Beach Party - By the Stage!]

"Really? You think people would complain about us stripping naked?" Vivi gives her a quite serious look. Nexus people were such prudes, though... "But if you insist. I'm not wearing much to perform with though... It wouldn't be teasing for very long."

Gatecrashing! Oh my, piggy fellow and his friends! The tiny curvy brown lady Vivi in her leaf bikini gives them a wave, then slips an arm companionably around Lucy's hips again.

[Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina!]

Fettina turns back to Rein fully and breaks down giggling, bending to put her hands on her knees. "Wait, I just realized you said you thought about eating my hair. You really are a cat at heart, aren't you? Sounds like a cat thing." The comes forward and tries to sit on the edge of Rein's chair, her butt brushing his hip.

Tina tries to put her hand down on his knee, clearly just to steady herself as she leans back, and brushes her hand through her hair - which turns a shockingly bright neon pink as her fingers pass it over. She goes on with the conversation as though it didn't even happen, giving him a sidelong look. "A nice boy named Fayyaad introduced me to her, actually. I think Dena is embarrassed of me. Or she likes to try to keep me to herself." She makes a scoffing sound at the prospect of her being a MERC member. "And no, I'm not a company girl. I've actually been taking up a little adventuring."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beach Party - Bar]

"Electra is a striking woman in general, with her looks, voice and demeanour," Fayyaad continues. "I think you'll enjoy getting to know her better."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Electra throws her head back with the final few refrains, and lets the last note ring out for a moment, before swooping into a quick bow, replacing the mic on the stand, and heads back for her little group at the bar, a pleased smile on her face.

"How was that? Lively enough for you, Fayyaad?" She asks, more than a hint of mischief in her voice. "Or do I need to get a bit more rowdy the next time?"
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Cass blushes as she catches on to Fayyaad's implications - thankfully, she's "saved" from having to respond by the reappearance of Electra. Saved. Yes.

"I uh... well, I think you certainly got a lot of attention as it is."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearly it's just to steady herself. It's for the same reason Rein places one hand around her waist. Just to make sure she doesn't fall. Or at least, she doesn't fall into the sand. Falling into his lap wouldn't be the end of the world. Either way, he's not as bothered with physical contact as he is with compliments, being naturally attracted to the warmth of body heat. "I don't think I've actually attempted to eat anyone's hair," Reinholdt clarifies. That'd be a little weird, but it would be cat weird.

"Well. Dena just needs to learn how to share. Besides, you're a grown woman who can make her own decisions." Presumably. Like the decision to have bright pink neon hair on a whim. Reinholdt leans in a little, getting a better look at it, with the curious interest only a cat can muster. "That's hella impressive. How do you do that? Man, you have so many cool toys." Hard light furniture, instant hair dye, the works. It's like a secret haven of shinies Rein's never explored before.

Reinholdt's interests transition from Tina's hair back to Tina's face. "Oh ho. Adventuring you say? Now that's something I can get behind. We'll have to be... adventurous together some time. You've already proven you can teach me some things I never knew. Surely I can return the favor."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2018-08-03 at 12:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Bar]

"Much more lively and things may have got out of hand," Fayyaad quips. "You always know how to impress, Electra. Now maybe you can decide if Cassandra or I should go next."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #79

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Bar]

Electra smiles gently at the compliments.

"It's not the quantity of attention you get, it's the quality," she quips, her smile turning mischievous for a moment, "But Fayyaad poses an excellent question. Which of you is feeling brave enough to try and set the bar a little higher?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Sea of Storms - Hurricane

Someone is foolish enough to brave such an insane storm. A small, high-tech hover skiff sails above the waves. Its lone passenger steers the ship with one hand, while his other holds an ancient iron astrolabe traced with glowing silver patterns. Currently, the patterns flicker and shift rapidly. The sailor cries out into the storm, despite no one being there to hear him. "It must be around here somewhere! Maybe the storm is causing elemental interference, or perhaps the quintessence wasn't as pure as I thought. Come on, work!" He shakes the astrolabe to no effect. "No use. I need to find somewhere to land."
    This storm, more wicked than any in living memory, is watched through debris that tumbles in the vortices, heavy like bullets, destroying anything and everything, avenging the forgotten. Almost as if alive, the torrential hurricane grows ever harsher as a lone sailor attempts to reach its core, battering the skiff mercilessly as it nears the heart of the storm, thrashing the hull and rocking the deck. An enormous wave the size of a skyscraper roils across the sea, pressing the fortunate skiff closer to a vast floating "island", an unlikely find in the midst of the storm.

Countless ships, both air and seabased have seemingly sunk here, creating a morbid island of wreckage, a cemetary for the souls lost at sea encircling a huge swirling whirlpool which pulls everything sunk here towards it. The wind screams like a banshee over the island, uprooting masts and wooden planks in a fit of ever-consuming rage. Livid black clouds rear up like a great sea-serpent readying itself for attack, spitting lightning mercilessly onto the pitiful scene below, which cut through the sky not unlike burning venom.

--

The Docks:

Early in the morning, the mysterious woman can be seen, standing outside a small, gray ship.

21. - Top - End - #81

[The Docks]

Anastasia approaches, still in just as dour a mood as she was last night. Presumably Novus will be walking with her.

This is it? She says, staring at the boat. Turning to look out over the water at the storm, she says: You want to drown then.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-08-04 at 02:08 AM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Beach Party - Sand Castles

"You're a nice person, aren't you? Yeah, you are." Honeysuckle gives her a smile. "Well, you can't just be sad about it! You have to go out and recruit them, tell people about Deus Mechanicus. I'm not very religious myself. A goddess saved my life once, so I say thanks for that, but just living life is hard enough without adding deities to it."

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"Enjoy, you two."
    Woah, how did she do that, make her armor just disappear? Must be convenient.
    But now that the monk is settled, Anchor wanders off to-

Beach Party

Get a drink of her own, and wave briefly at the giant woman and all the other interesting people here.
    It's not that she was waiting for someone to leave the bar area before coming over, it's just that the timing worked out this way. >.>
    Beach Party - Sand Castles

"I guess, but I'm see myself neutral." Mia says.
    "People here have many deities to decide and I don't want to make promosses I can't fullfill."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #83

"Am I?" Dena smiles as she saunters over to Reinholdt and Tina, apparently having overheard parts of their conversation. "Hate to interrupt, but there is a music thing of some sort over there." She points her thumb in the direction of the bar. "I figured you'd like to join, Tina. Unless you were actually discussing something important?" She eyes the two. "I mean, there is a line so you can probably finish whatever you're talking about."

[The Crystal Apex]

The demon lord lets out a uncharacteristically soft giggle in response. "Then you are ready."
    The Damon is assaulted by a vision of the temple-creature he's inside devastating the city of Inside.
    Its as if he is standing on a cliff overlooking the carnage, helplessly watching as the monster moves from person to person, only needing to get close for their bodies to evaporate in a bright light.
    In particular, the vision zooms in on him, who is in Inside for some reason, just getting devoured by the monster.

But then its as if the vision splits into several screens and he can see thousands if not millions zerns (and a few non-zerns) in various surroundings and contexts, one standing in a office, another swimming in a ocean, a third as a dragon flying next to another one who he might recognize as Sarah...
    He has an innate understanding that all these beings are all connected, that they are in fact all versions of him just split across countless of alternative dimensions and universes that are all somehow connected to him, to the nexus. But as he is being devoured, they all are, as a fire running between a network of strings, only leaving ash behind, the fire spreading between every dot of light, extinguishing them forever.

The next vision is of the creature again but now far larger and now moving across a devastated world completely devoid of life. The vision then zooms in on the demon lord as all its heads turn to address him. "Go my disciple, tell them what you've seen here, tell them of the future." They all speak in unison.

Then the vision fades only to be replaced by a bright red light that fills the entire temple as the demon lord, suddenly feeling threatened, will attempt to rip him from the temple and teleport him elsewhere. Likely a place in Outside.

((Might get edited, need to talk to shrimp.))

[Beach Party - Swimming]

As the shark quickly closes the distance between them and the wreck it suddenly makes a sharp U-turn once its right in front of it and rapidly moves its tail back and fourth as if to shake Ilpholin off. Regardless if she does let go or not it will then start swimming in circles around the sunken ship.
    From here, Ilpholin can tell that the ship must have been huge, even this half looks large enough to be a ship of its own. It does not appear that it simply sunken into the sand as she can see the edges where the must have been split at. It appears like it somehow was squeezed apart as the lower half appear completely crushed, and the other half is no where in sight.

There is no clear opening in the wreck but the wooden frame has been weakened by what must be centuries of mother nature reclaiming what's hers. It's quite the feat that it hasn't fallen apart already as it stands leaning against a cliff coming out of the sea bed.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Hurricane.

The pilot spots the shipwrecks. "It has to be in there!" He flies down to them and they anchors the ship, slipping into any sort of shelter from the rain and wind that he can find. He holds up the astrolabe under the cover and shakes it, watching the patterns dance across it. "Below. And moving? How?" It comes to him in a flash. "Someone already has it!" He begins to race back to his skiff.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #85

[The Crystal Apex]

"Whu- Sssarah?" Damon mumbles in confusion as he tries to comprehend what he's seeing. The anger fades. The fire falters.

And then they decide to remove him.

In the brief moment of understanding he has, Damon screams in rage, desperately trying to throw fire at anything in sight, anything to do some harm to this most hated of demons.

And then he's teleported away.

[Beach Party - By the Stage]

Lucy likewise slips an arm round Vivi's waist "Well, it's probably a good thing you're not wearing all that much. Otherwise I might get a little impatient! Still, that's for later." For now, they can just be veeery close. "While I agree with you that people really shouldn't get so uptight about a bit more bare skin, it would get us in trouble here. S-so for now, um, d'you wanna go ahead and pick us something to sing? Try not to embarrass me too much, hmm?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sam, Aly, and Fel]

Aly grabs one of Sam's many arms to keep him from walking away. "Don't be shy, Sam."

[Docks]

Novus rubs the back of his neck. "Can't actually. Well... maybe if I'm unconscious. I don't want to test that theory, though."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sam, Aly, and Fel]

Felandria raises an amused eyebrow when Sam gets all flustered, but she merely chalks it up to her own statuesque smexiness and shrugs.

She leans forward, smiling.

Yeah, don’t be shy, Sam.

I don’t bite.

At least in public.

Felandria is clearly not specifically curious about what Sam is, she comes from a world of Dragons and such, after all.

You two might wanna be on your guard, last time we had a beach party, a water balloon fight broke out.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

28. - Top - End - #88

[Seaside - Tannin' wit' Tina]

"Pft, yeah, that grown woman thing? Someone ought to tell Dena," Tina says, leaning into Rein's arm, seemingly comfortable. Speak of the devil, is that her coming their way now? Maybe she's getting jealous!

"The hair, though? Nanites. Little robots. Got em' pretty much everywhere," Tina explains. "Sort of weird to think about, but they certainly put a glitter in your eye," the neon girl smirks. "I can even change the texture if I want."

Fettina is just getting around to asking Rein what he has to teach her when Dena arrives. She'd even seen the gorgon coming and had gotten a bit distracted, not wanting to be the first to look away. Now she peers at the transformed drowess and draws down her glasses, giving her a skeptical look. "Who says we weren't? And that's karaoke. If the people here weren't mostly cool it'd be a snore an' a half. I thought we were gonna steal the show at the end?" Tina smirks. "You know, you dance, I play?"

Tina looks at Rein. "You have got to see her dancing. Nothing like it."

[Beach Party - By the Stage]

"Oh, don't worry," Vivi says, wiggling her hips and smiling daintily as they wait in the queue. "I already have something in mind. What?" She peers at Lucy. "Do I worry you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Ocean]

Once Anika and Ilpholin swim away, Wenomir leans back, floating on the water. He glances at the beach as well, though.

"Koshal seems to be doing fine. I can't remember if you've ever met him. He's a minotaur knight in training who studies swordsmanship with me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Swimming]

Looks like a monster of some sort crushed this ship. Probably a kraken, since it's always a kraken. Regardless, the other half of the ship probably just drifted differently than this one before hitting the sea floor. It might be nearby. Nearby of course, could be a span of many, many miles so finding that half is not high on the priority list.

Ilpholin lets go when prompted and starts swimming directly towards the boat. There's bound to be an opening somewhere, either on the deck, where she'll start her search, or where the boat split in half, though that's probably where all the overgrowth is. She'd rather not use a shark ram to create an opening. Though while she's looking around, she'll also try to make note of any possible identifying marks on the boat. Unusual figurehead, faded paint, engraved emblems. It looks old enough that there might not be any of those, but may as well check.

[Beach Party - Tanning with Tina]

Reinholdt smirks a little, but he's not going to be the one telling Dena about Tina's age. Not while he's holding the 'babysit' Tina coin. That'd feel weird.

"Nanites, huh?" It's not usually what Rein thinks of when thinks of nanites. But then, his knowledge of them is limited to pop culture mostly stemming from Metal Gear Solid. Probably not the best source material. Before he can dwell on it any longer though, Dena arrives.

He tilts his head at Dena, curious at her phrasing. "A matter of life and death practically," Reinholdt assures the gorgon. Adventuring is very serious and every little trick you can learn can often save your life. But more than anything, he's surprised. "You don't know karaoke?" Dena must be going to all the wrong bars! Rein's had to learn about it whether he likes it or not. Turns out many drunk people like to sing.

Rein's eyes light up though when Tina says she's going to duet of sorts with Dena. Tina did mention she was a sometimes singer, sometimes piano player, so that'll be worth listening to. And Tina insists Dena has the grove. "Ohh, are you going to dance Dena? I'd love to see it." He is curious to see if the snakes are integrated into the dance in some hypnotic fashion or if they dance their own little dance or if they just do nothing, dismissive about the whole thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast