New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra manages to tear her attention off of Cass for a moment to give Fayyaad an appreciative smile.

"You're really keen on seeing us together, aren't you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"I just like to help my friends have a good time, what can I say," Fayyaad quips back. "Now I just have to worry about matching your performances somehow."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #123

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra chuckles briefly to herself as her attention focuses back on Cass.

"We'll have to find a way to repay you," she says with a sidelong smirk. "But I'm sad to say that I don't know if you can top this."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beach Party - Tannin' Wit Tina]

Fettina perks up at Rein's enthusiasm, watching him stand. "A Black Shadow for me, if you please. Like they make at Trogs and the Den. It's my favorite," she explains. "And it always helps me loosen up before piano."

Tina giggles at Dena. "Really? I've had a taste of that. I never thought it was very bitter." She wraps an arm around Dena's middle and glances at Rein just as slyly, probably spawning all the more questions in his mind. "As long as you get it from the right person."

[Beach Party - Stage --> Sand]

"Addie... is a very presumptuous girl!" Viviana huffs, lying on her back and staring up at Lucy with a distinct flush to her already fairly dusky features. She takes the proffered hand and is hauled up, bouncing once and shaking her head as she gets her bearings.

Off the stage they go, scurrying out of Cassandra's way. Viviana squeezes Lucy's hand as they trundle down the stairs and onto the sand again. She gives up a little chortle. "I don't think I could manage a performance quite like that for everyone. And not for a song like that!" She says, looking back at Cass. "Oh my. So many gorgeous people here. So many lovely voices! I'm jealous!"

Though Vivi doesn't say it outright, it's clear which voice she's specifically alluding to.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Is that a challenge?" Fayyaad asks, sticking his chest forward. "I'll just have to meet it head on, then."

[Shadevale]

Thariza's tail swishes. She's really not sure if she wants to get tangled in this place's politics, but she's come too far to back down now. Besides, she owes Ambrosia one.

"Sure. I just have to keep myself occupied until then."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #126

Default Re: Beach Party - Sand Castles

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The central keep that Honeysuckle has been building is growing somewhat unconventional. But neatly made.
    "Maybe. I'm certainly no genius. I'll have to think. About what I need."
    Beach Party - Sand Castles

Mia just wonders about her construktion. her walls go on welll.
    "Take your time. We are open any time. Well maybe not so much in the late hours, but you know what i mean."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beach Party - Sand Castles]

That gets Honeysuckle to laugh aloud. "I know. I'll come by some time."
    She puts the finishing touches on the top of the keep, and then goes to double-check the moat. It hasn't gotten too worn away, has it?
    "I think the castle's just about done, don't you?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Under the Sea]

Historical value is overrated. Breaking and entering despite the value, now that's worthwhile. One thing at a time though. First, making sure the door is actually locked and not one of those situations where you're pushing when you're supposed to pull. Once Ilpholin determines how stubborn the door will be, she'll check on what appears to be storage of some sort. If she can, Ilpholin will pick out the crate that's most free from the pile of debris and sand and attempt to pry open the lid to see what's inside. Maybe she can get an idea of the cargo this boat was carrying before it sank.

[Beach Party - Tanning with Tina]

Reinholdt tilts his head a little as Dena suggests she just dance. Wasn't that what Tina wanted in the first place? He had many questions about Dena but maybe not as much as Tina intends. Tina and Dena were close. Close enough to touch hips and slap butts. Probably closer. It seemed pretty straightforward to him.

"I'll see if the bartender can't mix together a new, unique drink called 'Slap on the Butt' just for you. Who knows? It might even catch on. If it's from the right person." A number of alcoholic beverages got started with experimentation and questionable naming. "And one Black Shadow. Be right back. Don't make out without me." Rein grins at the two and then heads off to the bar briefly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Beach Party - Back in the Sand!]

Lucy is likely to be stuck on the "smug grin" setting for the next few minutes. Look at you blushing there, Vivi! Lucy got you good! "Aww, was Addie misleading me then? Not that I mind, the wonderful colour in your cheeks right now is reward enough." The smugness levels are off the charts! "And there's no need for jealousy, really. Your song was full of charm and a style all of its own. It had plenty of personality to it." Lucy scooches closer to Vivi, slipping an arm round her karaoke-companion's waist to keep her nice and close. "That, and I'd hoped my performance there miiiight have kept your attention focused on my voice in particular."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #130

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

"You can certainly try," Electra teases, "But I'm not sure how we'll judge it if we're off somewhere private, you know."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Ocean]

"Maybe I'll have to sit in on one of your lessons," says Kal. "Watch the master at work."

It'll give Wenomir's excitable students someone else to look at besides his abs, anyway.

[Beach Party - Stage]

Cass returns from her song, looking slightly flushed from her performance.

"I guess it's your turn," she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Surely you won't be gone so soon..." Fayyaad says, before Cass arrives. "You were great up there, Cassandra. I don't rightly know if I can match up, but I'll do my best."

Fayyaad comes up to the stage, shoulders straight and tail swaying, confidently as anyone. He looks at the song list, then picks... well, why not? It's not his usual preference but maybe this is a day for surprises. He turns it on, and as the guitar chords sound off, he begins to sing:

When there's lightning,

you know it always brings me down

'Cause it's free and I see that it's me
    Who's lost and never found

I cry out for magic, I feel it dancing in the light

It was cold,

I lost my hold To the shadows of the night...

He throws himself into the song with the same passion that usually characterizes him, moving around on stage and swaying his tail back and forth to the rhythm.

No sign of the morning coming

You've been left on your own

Like a rainbow in the dark

A rainbow in the dark...

[Beach Party - Ocean]

"You're welcome to," Wenomir says. "You're no student yourself, but you can always learn something. I know I still do. Come to think of it... you're good with knife-fighting, aren't you?"

13. - Top - End - #133

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra smiles as Cass returns and nods.

"You knocked that one out of the park. Fayyaad's going to have to pull out all the stops if he wants to top that."

She looks like she's about to say more, but then Fayyaad's song starts. She chuckles to herself.

"I guess I'll have to settle for third place this time."

14. - Top - End - #134

Rein misunderstood what Dena meant there, but no matter. But she was purposefully being a bit subtle and jokey about it as to not ruin the mood. Tina really "saved" it.

Dena does not wrap her arm around Tina in turn this time however. "Then you had a far better bartender than I did, Tina." Then adding, as Rein is out of sight. "And I got it regardless if I wanted it or not." She's still smiling though, not looking bothered at all regarding their conversation.

The door was pretty sturdy back in its prime, but after being under the water for so long it isn't holding up that well anymore. With some more force and she could easily force it open.

As for the crates, they appear to be containing seeds of various sorts but also symbols of what appears to be snakes. It looks like they might have been religious, though why'd they'd carry it in crates is anyone's guess. There are the remains of clothes too, but they are in such a horrible state that she can't identity them at all, being reduced to brown rags by the water.

15. - Top - End - #135

[Beach Party - Sand]

Vivi is withstanding that radiant smugness admirably, a dainty smile on her lips, hand held in Lucy's. "I know I must look delicious like this, but you seem to be enjoying it a bit gratuitously." Viviana slips an arm around Lucy right back, looking up to her as they come to a gradual stop. "My song was trash, dear. On purpose, and very fun, but it was terrible trash. Why did you have to try so hard, hm?"

Her fingers slide between them and walk up Lucy's stomach. The short woman's voice drops another octave or two. "Oh, your voice is the only thing on my mind at the moment," she says lazily. "I wonder what other notes we can make it reach together."\

[Beach Party - Tannin' wit Tina]

"If you don't wanna miss anything, you'd better not take too long!" Fettina sing-song's after him, cupping a hand beside her mouth and then dropping it with a grin. She looks at Dena again. She doesn't mind this closeness. The neon girl grins cheekily and babbles out, "I guess that's just the price you pay for being as pretty as us. You know, I think he's thinking exactly the thing you didn't want everyone to think."

"Aw, hey!" Fettina looks up. "That's Fayyaad! Listen to him! I love this song," Tina grins and waves at the stage, holding up her arm.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-08-21 at 09:50 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Ocean]

"I am," confirms Kal. "I know the knife, the pollaxe and the sword - of sizes short, long, and great - though admittedly I'm a little less in practice than I would like to be."

Wenomir has definitely shown off his sword much more than Kal has recently, after all.

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Maybe it'd be better if you thought of it as a cooperative effort, not a competition," says Cass, smiling. "We all had fun, didn't we?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt hurries along very quickly with that encouragement. He'll be back in a round. Maybe two. But it'll be soon.

Huh. Ilpholin doesn't know much about religious symbols outside of the drow culture and she knows even less about seeds. Maybe it was a colonization ship of some kind. She'll go to use the brown rags to scoop up some of the seeds and a pair of the symbols and then tie it off like one of those hobo bags so she can take it with her. Someone else ought to know more about what she's looking at.

Which just leaves the door! Time to bust that down and get it open. She'll go with her raw augmented strength here for now and see if that's good enough. Enough shoulder checks should hopefully get the job done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Then he's being dumb. I can't believe people around here can't tell the difference between friends and lovers." Dena crosses her over her chest and frowns. "Maybe I should have worn something less proactive, this wasn't the type attention I wanted." She wanted the guys to look at her, trying to compensate for the fact her hair was made of snakes. But all it seemed to have done is making everyone assume she was lesbians with Tina, just great.

But then she looks up as Tina mentions Fayyaad. "Huh, first time I've heard it actually. But he's undeniably great at it." Dena smirks as she watches the tiefling sing his heart out on stage. There had already been quite a few people on stage but she had barely paid them any mind. She wouldn't be a professional if she didn't know how to focus. It was one of the first things she had learned on stage actually, never mind the crowd, focus on what you are doing. There was always the chance of *******s in a crowd and the best you could do was ignoring them.

With a strong pull the door is pulled open, the ancient wood breaking apart. Behind the first Ilpholin can see are two things, a fancy desk which must have been either bolted into the ship or carved out of it somehow, the second is the large impressive painting right behind it. Its depicting a huge black snake and in front of what appear to be the legs of a equally large spider.

If she would investigate the desk closer, the would notice a skeletal corpse curled up underneath it.

19. - Top - End - #139

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Well, I certainly am," Electra says, her smile turning the least bit impish, as she glances at Cass's now revealed bikini top. "And if what you just did is any indication, I'd say you are, too, eh?"

20. - Top - End - #140

[Beach Party - Sand]

"Only sort of song I know how to sing, I'm afraid. And I wasn't going to let myself off that stage until I'd performed well enough not to disappoint you." And it sounds like Lucy succeeded on that front! Maybe she succeeded slightly too much, but she succeeded!

As Vivi's fingers walk up Lucy's stomach, Lucy's hand slides a little lower, verging on being inappropriate in her positioning. "I'd love to see what other songs you could teach me." Her voice drops, barely above a whisper, dripping with desire. "Perhaps we should retreat to somewhere more private for some lessons?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #141

[Beach Party - Sand]

"Mmm, should we take advantage of Addie's apartment, or did you have somewhere else in mind?" Viviana asks, trying just as hard to keep herself under control while they're still in public!

"You didn't want attention from cute men like Rein?" Fettina asks, still watching the stage as she hangs with Dena. "Come on, your outfit's killer. And I really gotta show you some more Earth music I guess."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Beach Party - Sam, Aly, and Fel]

"Oh, sure."Aly agrees. "It's a strawberry daiquiri." She says, shaking her nearly empty drink.
    Felandria smiles warmly and speedily acquires the daiquiri, along with another fishbowl for herself, as she isn’t sure what Sam wants, he seems shy.

Here we go, nice and frooty!

Frosty drinks are the best drinks!

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

All these snake things. Hmph. Ilpholin prefers spiders herself.
    Wait, what's this? There is a spider in that painting? It's a little hard to tell and it's uncertain whether they're friend or foe from this. Leaning towards the former? How odd. She doesn't recall any major snake deities being allies with Lloth.

Or nagas for that matter. The skeleton under the desk suggests that maybe this was a ship of nagas. Unless it's a humanoid skeleton curled up like a snake just cause. Gorgons then? Is this ship as ancient as it seems or did the water do a number on it very quickly? Ilpholin knows very little about the rot rate of wood. Or the sea in general really.

She'll investigate the desk to see if there are any drawers she can open and rifle through.

The bartender is mixing up a special drink! Will it be a hit? Will it be disastrous? Reinholdt hasn't a clue, but that's the whole point of being adventurous.

There's a very good chance Rein was ogling Dena's body, but it's super hard to tell with his eyes. No wonder Magtok hates them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #144

"Eh, he's hot and I appreciate the attention, but I'm not sure I'd risk getting involved in his past for a bootycall. Not that I'd blame you for doing it." Dena eyes the crowd, recognizing some of those faces. "Its too bad Fayyaad already got his call list full, those gals look mighty thirsty." She gestures at Electra and Cass. "Though, the same thing can be said for just about everyone here." Especially the little gal besides her.

The skeleton is humanoid, but it also have snake-like fangs suggesting that it isn't human at the very least. Though its hard to tell exactly what species it once belonged to considering the state its in.
    The desk mostly contain papers and books ruined by the water, but there are some things of interest in there. There is a golden letter opener, a small statue of the snake deity, a fancy necklace, a metal wand and a flat metal plate.

The last three items will have interesting effects if touched.

25. - Top - End - #145

"Whaddya mean 'involved with his past'? Dena?" Fettina shoots the too-tall gorgon a pout and puts her hands on her hips. The neon girl raises her eyebrows, glancing at the group Dena indicates. She has a little giggle. "Oh man. Well if you don't wanna see where me and Rein's night goes, you should just go talk to him. Something tells me those girls can occupy each other just fine."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #146

[Beach Party - Sand]

Lucy's hand slips lower still, in decidedly inappropriate territory now as she gets a feel of Vivi's rear. "I don't have a better alternative to offer, my lady, so I say we make use of Addie's apartment. Can you get us there quickly? I want to worship you."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt can be seen returning with three drinks! Better wrap it up quick. Whatever horrible, awful, terrible true things Dena says about Rein, he'll arrive and pass them around. "Here we are. One Black Shadow for you and a Slap on the Butt for me and Dena. The bartender said it's just Sex on the Beach with twice the vodka and a dash of lemon-lime." Well even if its taste is disastrous, it'll get you drunk twice as fast so it'll probably turn out all right.

Rifling through means a whole lot of touching really. To be fair, Ilpholin intends to salvage what she can to take back and show to Anika anyways. So she plans to scoop up all the named things. That may change very shortly though, depending on what happens. She starts off with the metal plate since it seems the most out of place to her and worth a closer look. Maybe just what the Captain used for dinners? It still seems weird to keep it in a desk. To her anyways. Maybe it made more sense to this snake-ish humanoid race.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2018-08-25 at 04:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #148

"Not clear on all the details, but I know Magtok got a grudge against him for good reasons." Dena replies as she smiles at Tina's joke. "Yeah, though something tells me they might not be satisfied with one drink." She was going to add something more about Rein, but it looks like he's already back.
    Her eyebrow shoots up as he mentions what's in the drink. "Twice, huh? Sounds like someone is trying to get me drunk." She jokes as she accepted the drink from Rein with a wry smile, yet in her mind she could feel her paranoia stir. Had it really been wise to let Rein handle their drinks? She had been trying to keep an eye on him but then she had looked over at Fayyaad for a couple of seconds...

"I better savor this buttslap as I already know that this little gal isn't going to be able to drag me home." She smiled as she ruffled through Tina's hair playfully, but in reality she was going to wait to see if Tina had any reactions to the drink beyond usual drunkenness. Perhaps she'd make a call to Kirk as well, just in case.

Thankfully for Ilpholin, the effects are completely harmless.

The plate, will if touched project the illusion of a large map above itself. This map appears to be of seaside only but can touching areas on the map will slowly zoom in on the locations touched as long as the finger is held at the area, touching it twice will zoom out to the full map once again.

Spoiler: Other items effects
    Show
    When she touches the wand, she will instantly learn that its a wand of godly might (she can feel free to insert her own jokes here) which has two charges of call lighting, which calls a single powerful flash of lighting from a clear sky at a target location, and one charge of true restoration which can fully heal a living target (as long as they aren't beyond death's door) or fully repair an inanimate object.

When the amulet is touched, she will learn that its a locket of true love (or locket of the stalker depending on your point of view) which once attuned to a person will make them able to scry the living being they feel the closest to romantically. If the locket is opened, they will be able to see their closest love and their immediate surroundings inside of it. Touching the picture once will show the person on a small map with location markers, touching it twice will return them to the view of the person and their closest surroundings.
    As the lockets last owner is dead, the locket is essentially asking within her mind if she wishes to attune herself to it. The locket doesn't have a mind of its own, its just simply the magic reacting to her presence.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-08-25 at 01:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Beach Party - Stage]

"Well, I certainly am," Electra says, her smile turning the least bit impish, as she glances at Cass's now revealed bikini top. "And if what you just did is any indication, I'd say you are, too, eh?"
    [Beach Party - Stage]

Cass grins, blushing slightly in the face of Electra's attention. "It's a beach party - I needed to blend in." Because that over-dramatic reveal totally counts as 'blending in'.

Though she's still got shorts on so maybe another reveal could be in her near future.

30. - Top - End - #150

[Beach Party - Sand!]

"I can't, but Addie can..." Vivi drops her gaze and her mouth to plant a smooch on Lucy. Given the level of her head compared to Lucy's body, it's probably not in a very appropriate place either. "If you really want to, let's find her quickly..."

"Man, pssh, screw Magtok," Tina whispers out the side of her mouth at Dena as Rein returns. She accepts her shadow gladly and takes a long draught, an eye-catching shiver running through her from head to toe. It's all the more startling then when her hair gets ruffled, and she giggles, trying to put her pomp right again with her free hand. "Heyyy!" She tries to retaliate with an actual slap on the butt.

"Thank you, Reinholdt," she says, wiping a dark drop from the crook of her petite chin. "But yeah, are you trying to get Dena to make a bad decision or something?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters