New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

[Beach Party - Tanning with Tina]

As horribly ironic as it might be for Reinholdt and Tina, there's nothing spiking any of the three drinks and nothing untoward should happen.

Rein does laugh and smirk a little. "If by bad decision, you mean get her to dance for us, then yes. Yes I am. I wouldn't worry too much about getting home. I'm certain there are taxis just lining up waiting for customers back out at the lot." Parties are real money makers for the few Nexus taxis.

He shrugs innocently at Dena as he takes a large sip of his drink. He closes his eyes to down the strong drink. Maybe a bit stronger than he intended, but then he didn't make up the recipe. It was the bartender's fault! Once his throat is clear, he looks back at Dena. "Strange. I had always taken you as someone who could hold their liquor well. Are you secretly a lightweight?" Now that he's looking at her, he does have to wonder... what happens if the snakes get drunk? Rein stares intently at one of the snakes in her hair.

[Beach Party - Under the Sea]

That's good. The last thing Ilpholin needs is to be cursed by some snake deity or the Kraken.

Huh. A map of Seaside. That could actually come in pretty handy. Depending how up to date it is. She still has demons to hunt in this area after all. And gnolls. Those gnolls won't get a pass forever. The wand could come in super handy too. Though she doesn't really have much space on her usual outfit to carry wands around normally. She'll have to make some minor adjustments. Maybe on the cape.

The locket gives Ilpholin pause and she stares for quite some time at the magical object. She refuses the objects request for attunement of course. There... really wasn't any need honestly. While she couldn't claim to know exactly where her true love was, there wasn't much left to look at after the funeral pyre anyways.

After several minutes Ilpholin recollects herself, shaking her head and remembering where she was. That was probably enough of that. She'll scoop up the salvage and start making her way back out of the ship to rejoin with Anika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sand]

"Sounds like a good idea." Lucy giggles as Vivi kisses her, giving her a squeeze and a less-risque kiss on the cheek in turn. She slides her arm back round Vivi's waist and saunters onwards, trying to keep them from getting too distracted yet. "Because of course I want to. I really want to. Let's find her and get out of here."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

"It's a party, you're allowed to wear what you want, you know," Electra says, her smile growing a bit more impish as she leans over to whisper in Cass's ear. "I'd say you were trying to get someone's attention. Well, you've got mine, if you want it. Fayyaad's too, if that matters to you."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

It's at this point that Fayyaad bows and steps off the stage, having worked up a bit of a sweat during the performance.

"I think that went well, considering I'd never sung like this before," he says innocuously.

[Beach Party - Ocean]

"I've been meaning to study knives," Wenomir says. "Not long ago I got stuck in a sewer fight where my usual choice of weapons proved unwieldy. So I might as well learn something to surprise the next person who tries this on me."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-08-26 at 08:10 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #155

The snake stare back at Rein, looking more unimpressed than drunk. "Oh please, as if i would need to be drunk to dance." She lets the liquor sway in the glass, not immediately drowning it like the other two. "I'm no lightweight, but I suppose you could say I have a professional habit of not getting wasted before performing and I've already had some." She takes a small sip as she fishes her cellphone out of her bag. "And besides I need to send off a message to our common friend with the hat, he needs to see what he's missing." She aims the phone's camera at them. "Say 'buttslap'!" If they want to do some kind of pose, they will have time before Dena takes the photo.

She isn't swallowing that drink just yet though...

If Ilpholin spends any time looking at the map she will see that there are notes and marks all over it as there apparently is some way to write on it.

As for the locket, it only works on living people, so it would scry... someone else.

Regardless, there is nothing stopping her from leaving the ship and she can see the Anika shark still swimming in circles around it, never once stopping. It will lend her a fin if she comes close.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

Cass is saved from having to respond to Electra's overtures by the timely arrival of Fayyaad!

"I think it went well too." Says Cass, biting her lip.

The thirst is still intact, though.

Anyone for another drink?

[Beach Party - Oceans]

"I can try giving you a few pointers the next time you have a moment," says Kal. "I was never much of a teacher, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #157

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra chuckles and gives Fayyaad a seductive smile.

"I think I'm taking third place if it's a competition. I wish both of you played instruments; we would make an awesome band." She looks to both of them. "So, this round's on me. What'll you have?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Instruments aren't my forte, but a band does sound like an interiguing idea," Fayyaad says. "I had wine last time, so now maybe I could see what our fine bartender can do with beer. And we can figure out where to go from there."

[Beach Party - Oceans]

"I'd be grateful for any advice," Wenomir says. "I don't know how good I'd need to be with them for the Answer to be able to turn into one. I might need to experiment."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #159

Default Re: [Beach Party - Sand Castles]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    That gets Honeysuckle to laugh aloud. "I know. I'll come by some time."
    She puts the finishing touches on the top of the keep, and then goes to double-check the moat. It hasn't gotten too worn away, has it?
    "I think the castle's just about done, don't you?"

[Beach Party - Sand Castles]

"Yeah." she looks around. "And I don't think we got much competition. Most of them are more into Karaoke."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beach Party - Sand Castles]

"Not much for singing, are you? Me neither."
    Honeysuckle stands up, backs away a bit, and dusts off the sand from her hands.

"Stand back; I have an idea I wanna try."
    If Mia does in fact move away from the sand castle to a safe distance, Honeysuckle carefully lifts her blindfold up and flutters her eyes at the castle. The fortress hisses with steam, glows with heat, and is carefully transformed from sand into cloudy glass, whereupon the kitsune seals her eyes up again.

Maybe kind of defeats the point of a sand castle.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

Cass gives them a wan smile. Of course, she distinctly remembers being able to play instruments. Several of them, in fact. She's not quite sure if she's ready to act on these memories at the moment, though.
    "I'm up for a surprise," she says. "Yours or the bartender's, either way."

[Beach Party - Oceans]

"It's an impressive weapon," says Kal. "It's been a while since I've had a sword of my own."

12. - Top - End - #162

"Not much for singing, are you? Me neither."
    Honeysuckle stands up, backs away a bit, and dusts off the sand from her hands.

"Stand back; I have an idea I wanna try."
    If Mia does in fact move away from the sand castle to a safe distance, Honeysuckle carefully lifts her blindfold up and flutters her eyes at the castle. The fortress hisses with steam, glows with heat, and is carefully transformed from sand into cloudy glass, whereupon the kitsune seals her eyes up again.

Maybe kind of defeats the point of a sand castle.

"I won't say that. I just don't sing much. The church isn't int those catching songs."
    she steps away as asked not sure what will happen

Mia appears a bit shocked by such an ability and even by the use. Not sure what heat is needed to make glass out of sand but i'm sure it's more then you need to cook water.

"You said you bake? Well THAT will be very handy for baking." She tries to smile but her fear of getting toasted is on.
    "I'm not sure this is how you do it. I thought Sand castles are meant o break down by the waves."

13. - Top - End - #163

[Beach Party - Tannin' wit Tina]

"As if Dena doesn't love the attention. She loves it when people watch," Fettina says with a wink. "Though maybe not when she's tipsy and stumbling around. Even if it would be very cute."

Oh, but now now Dena's snapping a photo. And for Kirk! Fettina gives her most sultry grin, eyes just a faint glow behind the tint of her sunglasses, and reaches out to grab Rein so she can pull him against her side. Specifically grabbing him by his butt, her hand giving an exploratory squeeze. She makes a peace sign at the phone with her other hand, two fingers above her half-finished Black Shadow. "Buttslap!" She spouts.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #164

Quite a bit hotter than boiling, yes.

"Not with anything this hot. The bread... Burns in an instant." But Honeysuckle understands that it was a lighthearted comment, and she laughs, no bitterness involved.

"Normally. The other one's gone. But they don't have to. Worth saving sometimes, aren't they?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #165

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra grins.

"Be right back, then." She heads off towards the bar to get the drinks. She has an idea for what to get Fayyaad, and for Cass....hmmm. That might be a bit more difficult, but she has an idea. She already knows what she's going to get for herself, though it might take a few minutes until she can return. Time for Cass and Fayyaad to scheme a bit.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

It would shock everyone, especially Rein, if the snake was drunk already. He hasn't seen the snake drink even once at this party. "Speaking of, it looks like the people are starting to trickle away. You two better hurry up with your duet after this or you won't have much of an audience left," Reinholdt suggests. Though he's only been half-paying attention to karaoke up til now.

Reinholdt doesn't immediately catch on who this photo is for, but it would be nice to get a picture that wasn't a mug shot for a change. So he slides in against Tina, not that she gives him much choice as she pulls him in and squeezes his butt, finding it nice and firm. Reinholdt doesn't complain in the least, but does end up with a healthy blush for the picture and a goofy grin of his own. His free hand wraps around to Tina's waist, just above her own butt and right around the edges of her v-kini as if he was playing with the straps. "Buttslap!" He says, sounding enthusiastic.

Ilpholin more or less understood that, but whoever it was the locket showed wouldn't be who she actually wanted to see. It'll probably make a good gift to someone in the future though.

And the map markings are definitely worth reading! With Anika. So out Ilpholin goes to rejoin the shark, whereupon she grabs onto a fin. Like some sort of underwater fish symbiote might.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #167

The flash goes off as they are in position and Dena giggles. "Great, just give me a sec and I'll send this off. Then we can consider your karaoke thing, if Rein would be so kind as to hold my drink that is." She grins at them both as she quickly types a message to Kirk and then sends it off along with the picture.

Then she swallows the sip she had been taking. Now Kirk would know at least, and there probably wasn't anything to be worried about anyway. If she'd be up on the stage there was no way anyone was going to miss her collapsing, and it would have pretty dumb of Rein to suggest it. Just her paranoia getting to her as usual.

Once she sent the message, she turns the phone, showing the two what they looked like. "Quite the pair, Kirk is going to hate seeing you together." She remarks, sticking out her forked tongue just a bit as to tease. She had no desire to show just how long it really was as she looked inhuman enough already.

Ilpholin grabs the shark by the tail and is rewarded with a prolonged tour of the underwater environment. Seeing all sorts of fish, crustaceans and even a pod (group) of dolphins that they can see in the distance. Most animals appear to be avoiding them however, which is no surprise considering the shark factor.

Eventually however, the shark is surrounded by green energy and Ilpholin will find herself holding onto Anika's feet as the druid submerges. They aren't at the beach party however, but they are at a beach. Looks to be one of a tropical island. "Phew!" She attempts to turn around to face Ilpholin. "What loot did you get?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

Fayyaad turns to Cassandra while Electra is gone.

"So what's the plan now, after we get those drinks? Or for after the party?" he asks.

[Beach Party - Oceans]

"The Answer's not really a sword... it's just the shape it takes for me," Wenomir says. "If you proved worthy of the Answer, it might take a different shape for you. The weapon you're most familiar with. I can make it look like an axe or greatsword, but other shapes elude me for now."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-08-29 at 06:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quite a bit hotter than boiling, yes.

"Not with anything this hot. The bread... Burns in an instant." But Honeysuckle understands that it was a lighthearted comment, and she laughs, no bitterness involved.

"Normally. The other one's gone. But they don't have to. Worth saving sometimes, aren't they?"

"I'm not sure. I thought that's the main thing about them. build one and building it again." Mia says. her actuall beach time was very small so far. Comes with beeing a pillar of your local religion in a far to young age.
    "Guess we should go closer to the stage now. maybe we hear some music we like."
    Even thought the nexus is totally magical Mia is not really comforted by someone with an ablity like Honeysuckle. The main problem is that she needs to blindfold it to deactivate it.

20. - Top - End - #170

In fact, Honeysuckle isn't comforted by an ability like Honeysuckle's.

"It'll still wash away. Eventually."

"You're right. Music will be nice."

The kitsune sashays off towards the stage. Well, the area around the stage. She certainly doesn't plan to sing herself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171

[Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina]

Fettina pulls away from Rein post-flash with a chorus of giggles, casting him a sidelong and secretive glance that seems meant for the cat alone. "Rein's right, you know, Dena. We had better get started with whatever we're doing. Have we decided what the plan is?" It seems all that talk has left her idea of what's happening a bit scrambled.

"And just why do you think Kirk would hate seeing us together?" Tina does ask of Dena at the last, quirking an eyebrow. That eyebrow is turned upon Rein, too! "Do you and Kirky know eachother?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Tina pulls away! Argh! Plan ruined. That's ok. She gets a very meaningful grin from him anyways, before moving on. "I believe the plan was karaoke and dancing while I hold Dena's drink, but we can change it to drinking and making out if you'd prefer." Plans change!

It doesn't take much but that hint to make Rein curious about Dena's tongue, but he doesn't pry. Just imagines the rest himself. "Kirk?" Or rather 'Kirky'? Rein quirks an eyebrow, in part trying to remember who that was. After a moment it clicks. "Ah yes. We do. We intimately explored each other quite thoroughly once in one of Black Dragon Den's private rooms." It was just a game of cards over cigars and whiskey Rein. "But that was many moons ago now. If he wants to bring it up again, he'll have to contact my agent. Or at least send flowers."

It's so pretty down here. And look at those dolphins! Ilpholin feels a certain spiritual connection with dolphins. Maybe not worth going over to say hello though. They've been known to attack sharks.

To the surface once more! She doesn't recognize this place though. That's ok. They have a map now. Can't get lost with one of those. Ilpholin starts walking up onto the beach. "Some good stuff. Pretty old. Hope you like snakes," She says. Once on the sand a little ways from the surf, she'll crouch down and unfurl the makeshift cloth bags.

"I think it was some sort of colonization ship that worshipped a snake goddess. May have been good friends with a spider or locked in eternal battle. Dunno. Got some unknown seeds here though." She pokes at them a little. "But the best stuff is here." There is a golden letter opener, a small statue of the snake deity, a fancy necklace, a metal wand and a flat metal plate which Ilpholin lays out. "I call dibs on the wand. The necklace lets you scry on your true love or whoever is the closest living equivalent at the time. Kinda useless really. But this however, is a really neat map." Ilpholin taps the metal plate to activate it and show Anika.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #173

[Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina]

Dena puts away the phone and hands Rein the drink. "Rein is right, yeah. We had just planned to do singing and dancing. Was there anything we needed to be specific about?" Tina had already picked a song after all.
    "As for Kirk, I can't go around spreading malicious rumors about him now, can I? I have to refute Rein's version of events as I haven't heard anything about that. He is a man of many secrets though as old as he is." Dena didn't often bring up Kirk's age as it gave others an excuse to bring up her age, but it didn't feel like there was time to do that now, the stage awaited!

"I can turn into a snake, so I better or I'll scare myself." Anika muses, then shaking her hair as to get dry. "Not a fan of snake goddesses though." She adds as the nymph continues, crouching down to get a closer look at the loot.
    Her amber eyes scan over the trinkets as Ilpholin explains what they do, nothing in particular catching her interest until she activates the map, then her eyes widen with curiosity as she illusionary projection with newfound curiosity. "Ohh! Like a magical treasure map? Perhaps they were pirates and buried their real treasure somewhere."
    There aren't any dots for "treasures" on the map, mostly marked out temples, some in red, others in green and blue.
    The red ones seems to oppose the red and blue ones judging by the placement of the marks on the map.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-09-02 at 07:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"Uhm... I didn't really have a plan. I'm just kind of... going with what happens." Says Cass.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

"It is a party, after all," Fayyaad says. "We can see what happens when Electra comes back with out drinks. She's also willing to go with the flow."

26. - Top - End - #176

In fact, Honeysuckle isn't comforted by an ability like Honeysuckle's.

"It'll still wash away. Eventually."

"You're right. Music will be nice."

The kitsune sashays off towards the stage. Well, the area around the stage. She certainly doesn't plan to sing herself.
    Mia will take place at a table or stand at one depending on what is around. She doesn't want to sing either so they are just hear to listen. But they came in late it seems as there is none singin unless there are NPC who do so.

"So... what's the deal with this gaze" Mia asks after a pause. ""If you don't mind asking."

27. - Top - End - #177

[Tanning wit' Tina]

Rein just gets a raspberry from Tina for his suggestion, her bright blue tongue wagging at him for a brief instant. And then a skeptical look to follow, no less! "Uh-uh, I'm not buying it," she giggles. "I have personally tested the limits of Kirk's... flexibility. You are not his type. I bet you two just got drunk or got into a fight."

The neon girl glances towards Dena. "Let's get up there then, huh? I just didn't know if I was playing the song or not," she smirks, heading for the stage.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #178

Default [Beach Party - Stage]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia will take place at a table or stand at one depending on what is around. She doesn't want to sing either so they are just hear to listen. But they came in late it seems as there is none singin unless there are NPC who do so.

"So... what's the deal with this gaze" Mia asks after a pause. ""If you don't mind asking."
    Honeysuckle takes a seat, leaning forward with her elbows on the table.

"I don't mind." She shrugs and tosses her head carelessly. "It's been like this as long as I can remember. Don't know where it came from. My mother didn't know either. I wish I knew..."
    "Anything I see starts to burn, disintegrating until there's just ashes left. It follows my eyes; whatever I focus on goes much faster. It doesn't affect me as badly; when I close my eyes, just a little warmth."
    "It lets me sort of sense things, though. 'm not really blind."

She happens to be wrong about that. Her mass-sense and heat vision are separate powers. They're just both uncontrolled since she's never had training in how to use them.

"The heat doesn't come from any real physical place. Doesn't seem so, anyway. Just endless energy. Waiting to pour out."
    "I hate it."
    She finishes.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-09-04 at 11:46 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #179

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra returns shortly with the drinks, carrying a bottle in one hand along with a short glass filled with something dark, and a larger one, filled with a creamy blue concoction of some sort..

"I've had this once before, I think you'll like it, Fayyaad,"
    She says, holding the bottle out to him. The label proclaims it as "Berry Weiss", must be some sort of mix of berries and beer. Or beer brewed with berries; it's hard to say. She hands the larger glass off to Cass with a small smile. "And for the lady, a Blue Lagoon. I thought it was appropriate, given our surroundings." Her own glass is filled with a whiskey Old Fashioned; Fayyaad probably knows she likes whiskey drinks in general when she's not drinking the stuff straight up, so he might be able to guess what she's drinking. She takes a sip of her drink after handing the others their own, and looks to both of them.

"Well, how'd I do?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh you think you two know soooo much about Kirk's past." This card game was before Dena was a thing as far as Reinholdt can recall, though it may just have been her early months. Tina's argument holds more weight though since it wasn't based entirely on hearsay. But she blew him a raspberry so he can't just admit she's right! He can however, mysteriously shrug his shoulders. "Believe what you want." Rein should stop making misleading statements about people he barely knows. But that sounds too similar to just being honest and who wants to do that? Besides, he's learned quite a bit about their implied relationships from this.

Regardless, he'll follow Tina and Dena towards the stage. "Your drink?" Reinholdt says, offering to hold Dena's glass.

[Beach Party - Tropical Island]

"Hmm, nothing in the ship seemed to suggest pirates to me. There was even a skeleton under the captain's desk. Not very pirate like." To be fair, Ilpholin only knows the pirates of legend and hasn't particularly interacted with pirates in the past.

"It feels like some sort of religious struggle. Probably a colonization race. Maybe. One of these temples might have better answers." Ilpholin zooms in on a green one to see what if anything it might tell them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast